/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

Poor little vassal fleet.

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900168923
youtube.com/watch?v=muqYPFCJhM0
youtube.com/watch?v=-OPLnKaXTAI
youtube.com/watch?v=uap0GwBYdBA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>authoritarian this patch
ALMOST as bad as launch individualist

But it gave Xenophobe a reason to be picked.
The diplomacy minus isnt as huge anymore.

Yeah, it's only useful to roleplay as space Russia with serfdom now.

Yeah xenophobe is really nice.
I just wish you could be an evil bastard without it, even towards your own people.
Though I guess purging your own pops might fuck up factions.

are these fleetwide or only for ships birthed from that specific station?

You can be a dick to yourself as authoritarian, dont you?
Having stuff like mine/food workers are enslaved etc.

How do we fix synthetic evolution path?

station specific

Only for ships made from that station.

Huh. Any idea when they are going to leave early access and then boost the price to retail? Also has anybody in here played it and think it's a good successor to ES and EL?

I don't have any DLC in the codex crack. How the fuck do I fix this?

*puffs polllen on you*

I was adking that myself too, if its fleet-wide its OP as fuck since every spaceport can build it.

Yeah but slavery and the new factions are a pain in the ass I've found.

Just finished a 4 player mp game we used to learn the new shit(tripped up twice really hard on expansion, nothing optimized for the patch, final nail in the coffin was unbidden two sectors off my capital despite no jump tech anywhere).

Was materialist, authoritarian, militarist.
I eventually had to free slaves because they were revolting and pulling hunger strikes and shit to make them worthless. Thankfully there isn't a penalty for previously enslaved any more, because it's automatic rather than pop by pop selection.
The bad part is they end up egalitarian, and spread that. And then you have an egalitarian faction in an authoritarian nation.
And unlike all the other polarized factions, egalitarian was at 0% forever, and I could never stamp it out.

What's wrong with it?
I only took the flesh is weak part and didn't get to finish it, but that itself is a pretty solid buff to your leaders and pops.

And everyone being synths at the end sounds pretty crazy as well.

Only for shit made there. Don't think upgrading from the station adds it either.

>unique portraits depending on your species type holy shit not the default synth portrait
>better bonuses on par with the AI crisis bonus considering ascending is a practical war with an FE type + loss of all species traits
>option to use ai crisis ships/planets
>more quests/lore while you are ascending instead of radio silence with no pushback from factions who should oppose it
>allow player to have multiple options on organic relationships (e.g. crisis/cybrex war path, forced assimilation out of conquest/sympathy for lesser lifeforms, peaceful relations, etc.)
>allow diplomacy with ai crisis forces because it's fucking dumb that they call you organic and fight another fully-synth species in their goal to "eliminate all organics"

Anything would be a good successor to ES.
Anything would have a hard time being a good successor to EL.

No idea on release date but I know the next update is the arbitrary "we're done now, 1.0." patch.

Is there any reason to go fanatical anything anymore other than the bonuses?
As in, do any of them have anything specific to them that their un-fanatic versions don't?

>went full synth
>manually trigger ai uprising crisis with console command
>all my pops rebel and I lose all my planets

Hope this isn't what happens in multiplayer because holy fuck lads

Would the Horatio be a hivemind in Stellaris?

no, just genetically modified meme race

new to the game, rate my ferns

just checking, missiles are still a useless waste of a weapon slot right?

yes. Off the top of my head fanatic spiritualist can bomb planets worse than others

+leader age traits are somewhat overrated, it doesn't take TOO long to get them back up to high levels and technology is decently generous with +leader age anyway.
At least as far as I've found.

Yeah, strike craft too.

Does the colony / capital thing collect minerals as well now or only energy and food?

Spiritualist changes bombardment?
Thought that was only militarist, and both can get up to full.

Only energy I think.

So I just noticed that I can't download mods from the workshop with a legal copy and have them work on a pirated copy anymore, am I stuck downloading from skymods or is there a work around for this?

Rate my civilization.
Also, what pizza should I order?

hey man what the frick is your prob ?

After I posted my 25 Tile Homeworlds mod last night, someone in the comments requested one that did the same thing for orbital habitats.

I doubt you guys will get much use out of this one, but I figure I might as well post it here anyway: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900168923

What are orbital habitats by default?

How do these traits look? my first proper game since just after the original release.

Can you build spaceports on orbital habitats and ringworlds?

Can the galactic wonders be destroyed or does a dyson sphere just change the value of the sun and act as a mining colony?
What about the radar thing?

Did you really just repost that to fix your grammar?

It's fine.

Oh you changed cutthroat politics, I was going to mention that it didn't fit, but they're only numeric additions rather than anything with roleplay value.

s'cool

Supreme.

>tfw I just bought Hearts of Iron IV
>tfw seriously considering buying Utopia now
In the space of 4 years I've gone from never actually buying a single Paradox game to full paracuck.

>Flag colors
>No white
What the fuck? It's not for border reasons either since there is black.

White is the most racist color.
Is there any actual reason we have to choose between 24 colors instead of having a custom color option?

Stellaris and HoI4 are probably both their two completely fucked launches.

And yeah, the games aren't complicated, there are just a decent number to things to learn, and they do string together decently well.

I'd stay away from CK2 in its current state unless you can roleplay really well.

EU4 is decent though the DLC practices there are shocking.
Best policy is to just buy the basegame and pirate the DLC.

For older games HOI2, HOI3 and EU3 are probably their best games, along with Vicky2, but Vicky2 aint for everybody.
HOI3 is also quite different to anything either side of it with its complete OOB autism.

EU3 has their best soundtrack, I'd say by far but that's one of the unexpected boons of Stellaris, finally a competitor for the title.
Especially loving the vicky2-esq tracks of utopia, really nice change of pace.

Probably because paradox are lazy and all the faction names printed on the map modes are white.

What ascension path do I pick on my first utopia playthrough lads?

Yeah on the Age of Imperial Age thing, I just played some AOE1, and it definitely works better. Got a lot of action even in tool and bronze. I think the higher unit count in 2 makes for a faster eco, so age tech is more affordable, and town centers melt early armies so effectively you can't really do much but in aoe1 some axe or swordsmen in an undefended base is murder. As soon as you get a reasonable ability to attack TC's castles start going up which you can't really attack well until you get trebuchets. So the best thing to do is just rush imp.

Dunno how much is down to the AI playstyle but I definitely noticed it watching some stream games too. No meaningful fights can really take place early.

The lead for AOE1 left to make EE, so maybe 2 was just not balanced as well because of that?

I also noticed there's no silly no-food units. All human units cost food. Feels better somehow.

You can win with early pressure if the map and the opponent allow it, but it'll take progressing further and capitalizing on an eco advantage as a result of the raiding, or the map control it offers.

I still disagree.

I've been playing Paradox games since HoI2, I just used to pirate them completely. Darkest Hour was the first I actually bought and remains the one I've played the most. Which probably makes it even worse because I know what jews Johan and co are and yet I've been giving them more money for less content.

Yeah I'm the same. I feel particularly bad for the CK2 DLC though.

I've avoided HOI4 completely up until this point though, which is something.

And Utopia is straight up good. But I shouldn't have bought the base game.

youtube.com/watch?v=muqYPFCJhM0

The last Xenos just migrated away from my empire and now all my people are happy that everyone's finally equal (and human).

Still regretting making a xenophobic+egalitarian empire.

Also thinking of removing every droid from this world to abandon it, then terraform into a continental-earthlike.

There was a terrorist attack in Stockholm just now! I know that Sweden is a punching bag being mocked for trying to kill off their own people, but this is actually really sad. Swedes don't deserve to die, no matter how cucked and beta and pathetic they are :(
If there are any Svens in here, you have my condolences...

>2278
how the heck do you build vertically

SHUT IT DOWN

show me a game with significant meaningful fighting pre-imp then

it's night and day, AOE1 actually feels like you're progressing through the ages, AOE2 you just have a particularly long and boring buildup to when the game actually starts

sure you can maybe get a raid or two in on outlying resource camps, but a feudal watch tower fully garrisoned will melt you almost as fast as a TC even then.

The European Alliance has conquered its first race. Should they be removed via RWDS or should we get some work out of them first?

only a few people died, not a massacre like in france or germany, I'm starting to think the swedish terrorists are just as cucked as the general population

I love the smell of jihadis in the morning

>Swedes don't deserve to die, no matter how cucked and beta and pathetic they are :(
Sure, they don't necessarily deserve to die. But, when a person willingly enters a lion's den and they get ripped apart, it is a good thing that they died so that hopefully others like him fucking learn and his stupid ideas that convinced him "hey it's find if I walk into this lion's den" is gone with his death.

You'd be surprised how fucking stupid Swedes actually are. Hopefully shit like this happens more, only that the people who die are the genuinely retarded ones.

I'm sad that a dog was killed when that Religion of Peace truck drove through that crowd.

whats everyones favourite planet type? for me its Arid

influence is super important, width only really refers to colony count, not literal width.
You want to claim a lot with border outposts.
the last techs for the science lab upgrades are very important to get.

I haven't actively tried a tall nation but you can take them decently far. It's pretty similar to Civ though.
Few cities, make the absolute most out of your tiles and population.

Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying.
drush or feudal aggression(typically archers) can win you the game, although drush only rarely.
Depends on the map if the enemy has a safe gold or a forward gold, how easily they can wall and so on.
you don't kill them in feudal but you can make sure you win in castle.

Castle is 50% of the game and Dark Age is 30% of it.

It's a weird game with a weird meta
Imperial doesn't always come into play, and it's just Castle+

good taste, I love badlands.

So you currently cant do shit with other factions because they cana eat your influence permanently even when dissapeared?
Thats cool, not like they determine most of your production and shit

Alpine is sexy

SO whats in the shroud, what does it do?

So long butterfree

Did Utopia actually manage to get a single thing right? No, music isn't a valid answer since that has no impact on the overall game.
Like holy shit, here's how you fucking fix it:
1. Make a fucking private sector.
It makes no sense to have an authoritarian and egalitarian ethic when both are authoritarian with varying degrees of public liberty.
2. Create a fucking political system.
This isn't even a pathetic case of "expand on X", because the current political system is "time for elections lol" or "you're leader is kill". The factions could've been handle SO MUCH better.
3. Make more civics that actually matter.
If you pick mechanics you're literally cucking yourself.

>2350
>unbidden show up
>they send 2 60k doomstack directly to me
>no awakened empire
>I lose
So much fun, thanks paradox

From a tech standpoint this expansions is so barebones that by giving them the benefit of the doubt, they spent most of the devtime figuring things out and testing things.
Which considering the end result might be even more sadder.

F

1. I haven't played a Civ since Civ 4. Should I play Civ 5 w/ expansions, or Civ 6?

2. Are there any mods for Civ 5 or 6 which have an earth map, and historical starting locations? I can't stand America starting out in Austrialia, or finding Zulus living in Europe.

Civ 5 with all expansions is probably better than Civ 6 at the moment.

Game?

i don't really like civ 6 but idk

civ6 has the earth/start by default

spiritualist ethics locks you out of robots entirely, or?
Turing would be disappoint.

robots are cucks anyway so who actually cares

Press F for doggo :(

So, is Stellaris worth playing again?

Or just more icing on a hollow cake?

syrian warfare

I sure got bored of all this snow quick

How biased is the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=-OPLnKaXTAI

lmao git gud noob

>AI rebellion
>not disabled for synthetic empire
nice job paracucks

Very pro-assad and pro-russian. The gameplay is really good though

Can anyone link me the steamworks fix to play Stellaris' MP with cracked DLCs?

What gem? It looks pretty at the least

It's one of those glorified Men of War mods right

so not biased at all

youtube.com/watch?v=uap0GwBYdBA

>pro russia
>not biased

only non-biased view on russia is that of Reagan desu

it's named syrian warfare on steam

being biased means you side with someone, you tard.

Amplitude does take what they learned since ES and applied it to making ES2, so yeah, it is pretty good.

Please tell me "processing" turns them into food.

it plays a lot like men of war, but it's not really a mod. it handles things like cover differently and the destruction system s pretty nifty. it's also a bit larger scale and doesn't have some of the features from MoW (you can't control units directly and it doesn't have the same penetration system).

pic is a badly beaten SAA infantry unit in the remains of a house hit by a russian air strike

yes

>Stellaris and HoI4 are probably both their two completely fucked launches.
[EXTREME HYSTERIA]

You're somewhat correct.
Bias has connotations towards a conclusion being drawn for a side in absence of objectivity.

Sorry, didn't play it on launch.
Tell me horror stories please.

>Not V2.
>Where they forgot to close a parenthesis in the rebel.txt file that made everyone rebel all the time.

>spawn right next to Militant Isolationists
>instant war
ebin

>you will never go on a date with her

Why the fuck am I stuck with a gold emblem and no white for the background?

It really is fucking instant.
Like you get the war notification before you see them pop in on the map, the second you place down a frontier outpost.