/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

Art wasted on a useless card edition

>Patch Notes (Latest 0.8.72)
playgwent.com/en/news#5030
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Positioning_Update_Changelog_EN_38urjqsh3l.pdf

>Weekend-long PS4 Beta
playgwent.com/en/news#5150

>Upcoming Gwent Challenger Tournament
playgwent.com/en/tournament

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
gwentlemen.com/
gwent-tracker.com/

>Gwent Level & Rank Rewards Table
pastebin.com/f5cvmJzJ

>Gwent Closed Beta Rewards
i.imgur.com/DyAx99S.jpg

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
streamable.com/album/nxzsn

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Gameplay Demo (E3)
youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w
>Nilfgaard arrives! Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6dEwsyGr-tQ

>What card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/
>Looking for a beta key?
>google it yourself

Match History: >

Threadly reminder not to GG anyone who obviously spent money on cards. They dont need it.

Exotic lands with no lore and characters becoming a faction is an even bigger stretch

Meant for

CDPR is a proper company with enough resources and balls to create more content for their witcher universe games, so I wouldn't put it past them.
But who knows what they're planning, I'm just glad they do stuff I can enjoy.

So with all the talk about Elder Scrolls Legends in the last few posts I checked it out.

Holy shit it looks bad. I obviously can't comment on the gameplay itself but simply looking at it answers the question why that game is so dead. The board is plain ugly, the card art is really bland and amateurish
The UI, including the card layout looks like it's straight out of 2005. When looking at that board, nothing actually reminds me of elder scrolls. It looks like a bad joke. No matter hiw good that game is, it won't take off simply because it looks like someone put the bad art of early Magic and put them on a board a 5th grader made in MS Paint. Gwent isn't perfect visually but compared to that travesty it's a masterpiece.

Pic very related.

I like the board itself more than gwents desu

say what you want,but at least gwent inovated as opposed to all these hs clones

It's made by some small team that shits out card games no one cares about.
I don't understand what is wrong with Bethesda. They gave out TES MMO to some shitty devs, and they made a generic crap no one in his right mind would play. Now they gave out TES card game to some shitty devs.
I mean their in-house devs are not that great either, but at least they have experience and skills to make a nice looking and sounding game.

they saw how well selling the brand worked out for warhammer and just did it too

ded gayme

Seriously man. Bethesda outsources to a company that doesn't have nearly enough money to pull off a good card game. Then wonders why it won't take off. Direwolf is a small team that's busy with other card games, non of them successful. No wonder they can't hire good artists. One of them was even caught stealing a frame from a movie and simply painting general tullius over it.

With CDPR you can actually see that they put effort into it.

>The board is plain ugly

Looks better than Gwent desu
Anything would be better than the cartoony board we have now.

If you really think that this grey, low resolution mess with these 2D looking candles is better than what we have now I don't know what to say to you, but you should probably get some glasses.

I, too, would prefer a tavern table as a board. But not an ugly one.

It's sharp, clear, uncluttered and easy to understand.
Your opinions are shit.

>cartoony
Do you know what that word means?

Hearthstone is intentionally cartoony. Compare the gwent board to the HS board and tell me again that the current board is cartoony.

Careful, sir. The keg has legendaries!

it's more cartoony than the board we had in previous patches

any board looks better than gwent's

the gwent board looks like they Polacks went to Ikea and scanned the surface of the cheapest table they found there

If only

You two are honestly dumb. Back to HS with you.

swim is, again, an absolute madman

Fuck off, swim.

stay bad, lifecoach

*smiles like a retard for absolute no reason*
*smiles and moves eyebrows*

by the way the game wouldn't load after finding an opponent, is this a new feature?

just buy more kegs :3

His face is so big and round. Just like his character.
He's certainly different.

I'm tired of playing against ST. I've seen this shit coming from miles away, though. The recent changes were really flawed. Come to think that there's a huge tournament ahead of us with such a shitty meta is disencouraging - it's way too early for this kind of shit.

i am stuck playing NG and fuck i would like to play ST for some easy ass top rating, ST has such a low number of decisions you need to take, and if you win r1 you spam meme buffers, that fucking bronze is better than ciri in r2

will there be an official stream of the qualifiers?

It's better than the last meta. More diverse too. I don't think you know how ridiculous all the whining about every single patch looks to other people.

>WAAAAH WEATHER MONSTERS SUCK
>WAAAAH RADOVID CONTROL SUCKS
>WAAAAH DISCARD SKELLIGE SUCKS
>WAAAAH CONSUME MONSTERS SUCK
>WAAAAH ST AMBUSH SUCKS

Last meta was mostly justimmortal dwarves. ST remained top tier just in a newly broken way.

>mostly
Most players used Consume and discard decks. Dwarves were also top tier, but not nearly as much.

How does jhonny work fucbois

pretty sure this swimstrim guy has taken some kind of substance before streaming

Nah he's just a madman. Who in his right mind would build a deck around a fucking meme card like Dandelion? Swim would, that's who.

he didnt create that deck
fucking orbiters

>dandelion
>meme card

what the fuck? if i had a NR i would put that shit as the god damn first card

NR has so many cards that have active effects that win them the game if not locked or killed, there is not enough removal in a normal deck

r1: le dandelion, le margariita, le aborted red baron
r2/r3: here come's da shani ress boy

You get of the card you don't want and get another card with the same border color that is or was in your current game. You can get even tokens like lumberkin if it was played at some point and you johnny away a silver card.

Dandelion wasn't used until this meta. He wasn't very popular.

>turn 1 baron into lumberkin+roach
>enemy swipes away both roach and lumberkin
It happens every single game when I draw my baron.
Not even mad though, got my tempo and got rid of enemy swipe in one turn.

Unfortunately, complaining about the FOTM is par for the course in almost every online community. I've gone through this in so many other games that I just ignore posts like them now.

couldn't the moon just weather it's melee row then ekkimara after he wasted it's btm?

does btm sees the power of a card after or before weather? (same question for ekkimara)

What's the most ridiculous play you've pulled off so far?

I made a meme deck for casual built around insane tempo. Once I managed to play

>turn 1: Triss:Butt + Roach - 11 strength
>turn 2: Dandelion - 7 strength
>turn 3: Temerian footsoldiers - 20 strength
>turn 3: Phillipa Eilhart + Alzur's Double Cross + Witchers - 32 strength

70 strength in 4 turns. GGs all around.

last thing i remember that was kinda funny was pulling about 40 strength with a single vicovaro

Because the last metas were entirely about playing PFI and other tokens which he didn't buff. As soon as Trebs got made useable again along with Kaedwen siege expert he's used again because wow, turns out giving all your units +2 is really good.

Same reason Triss: Butterfly is used now and not before.

Wow cards changed and then got used, so innovative!

Which golds should I craft for each faction?

NR: Shani, Triss: Butterfly Spell, Bloody Baron, Phillipa Eilhart, Vernon Roche. Rest are bad.

ST: Aglais, Saskia, Milva, Isengrim, Iorveth, Schirru. Rest are bad

NG: Cahir, Vilgefortz, Xarthisius, Stefan Skellen, Letho. Rest are bad.

SK: Coral, Birna, Wild Boar of the Sea, Ermion. Rest are bad.

MN: Caretaker, Avallach, Kayran, Caranthir, Woodland Spirit, Imlerith. Rest are bad.

Neutrals: Yennefer, Yennefer: The Conjurer, Geralt: Igni, Geralt: Aard, Ciri, Villentretenmerth. Rest are bad.

Merchant's last stream shows he's only rank 9. Should I even be watching/listening to this guy?

Look at the "tier lists" he releases. He clearly has no clue.

you get Ciri when you reach level 18, dont craft

Yeah, I caught his latest upload as I was watching another streamer in top 100 and he was questioning Merchant's judgement.

Strange how he's able to have gotten such a following. Wonder what his main audience is.

According to him
Tier S+: Dagon, Eithne, Brouver, Morvran
Tier A:Geels, Cripple
Tier B: Crash, Foltest, Henselt
Tier C: Bran
Tier D: Calveit
Tier E: monster horse, Radovid
Tier F-: Francesca, reveal 3 cards boy

you rather dont listen to him

literally fell back to rank 11

good video and audio quality, articulate, good voice, appealing to new players

Stop bullying merchant, he does his best as a novice streamer.
Let's be honest here. Between swim's beauty and KBT's childlike innocence, you just don't have any space in your heart left to accept merchant.

kill yourself

listen to the other user and kill yourself man

>good voice
I don't know. Regardless of the quality of his content, I can't stand the sound of the guy.

>rank 15

feels good

im quitting on monday XD

dead btw

You must be quite bad at this

>less than 12 hours until challenger
aaaaaaah im scared bros

What are you doing?
How could you let this happen?

you'll be fine

Can someone give a real tier list for Leaders then?
I have a general idea of my own, but who knows if it's right.

A: Dagon, Brouver
B: Crach, Harald, Morvran, Eithne, Henselt, Foltest
C: Calveit, Francesca, Bran, Geels, Radovid
D: Eredin, Emhyr

Emhyr and Francesca suck

Eredin is outclassed by Dagon in nearly every scenario until they figure out what to do with weather

Radovid isn't going to benefit much from locking 3 units when his opponent can see it a mile away

Some leaders like are forever stuck with one type of deck so its not so much the leader but the deck that decides how strong they are

Stennis pulling igni was the only way I won this.

there must be some mistake, I'm no mage

in a vacuum

Dagon, Brouver, Morvran, Eithné

Calveit, Bran, Henselt, Foltest

Eredin, Ge'els, Harald, Crach, Radovid

Francesca, Emhyr

first row are all flexible and can go into nearly any kind of deck

second row need a deck made for them

third row are harder to use and even more situational

the last row don't really give you anything useful

ded

How does Henselt do against ST? He looks pretty fun but I don't want to craft memes.

PATCH SOON

>Merchant's last stream shows he's only rank 9

Don't like the guy, but that was probably his ''f2p'' account.
Is not hard to get to rank 15

Is there a patch soon? I have 1200 scrap and I want to craft my first cards but don't want to get shit on.

Also, NR suggestions? I was thinking Dijkstra, Shani, and Yen con.

>Is there a patch soon?
Nothing concrete, but it might be announced during the challenger thing this weekend.

>Also, NR suggestions?
Shani, Nenneke, Priscilla.Yen:Con is a solid gold neutral.

how good is triss in this game? she see a lot of play?

triss: butterfly spell is ok

neutral triss sucks

no she sucks ass
now fuck off to your cancerous general

>Ves
>Redanian Elite
>Reinforcement
59 str in 3 turns

got lucky with one legendary with one keg

Additionally you could play a tower first for an extra 10 str and protection from your commandos getting scorched

how long till the tourney starts?

like 12 hours?

Squaess, my name is Jan-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old Nilfgaardian Ker'zaer (Emperor for you Nordlings). I draw black and suns on my banners, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Nilfgaardian games. (Horse riding, Spying on the North, War series)

I train with my Nilfgaardian longsword every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is forged in the city of Nilfgaard, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on the continent. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Elder Speech fluently, both Nilfgaardian and the Skellige dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Nilfgaardian history and their code of warfare, which I follow 100%

When I get my Nilfgaardian visa, I am moving to the city of Nilfgaard to attend a prestigious Imperial Palace to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a great leader for the entire Nilfgaardian empire or the whole continent!

I own several suits of black armour, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Nilfgaard, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Elder Speech as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Nilfgaard!

Ekkimaras only get the current strength of the unit they chow down on so eating weathered units is only going to get a +1 strength bonus. Not worth it, eat things before using weather.

Unless you get the ideal starting hand and your deck in in a very good order, not well. Scorch bounce and ambush buff bullshit is too much for anything to overcome reliably.

> Play Ves
> Gets killed
> Now you either play Nenneke or Shani
> Play Redanian elite
> Get destroyed
> Medic time
> Opponent plays something
> You play Reinforcement
> Opponent passes cause they don't give a fuck

Congratulations mate, you blow all your load in the first round
Now you rely in golds and 2 medics to win the game while the opponent probably has his whole strategy to develop and will crush you in the third round.

Oh well, you aren't going to read this anyway, but Henselt is good against ST. Even after the nerf he is a great leader. In the current meta he works wonders against ST since you can relatively quickly make yourbentire board scorch-proof. He also directly counters spy decks ( You just promote the spies and thus make Jan Calveit/ Treason lose value ) and Harald axemen (can't lose strength if all your units are gold). Also works against foltest trebuchet spam, for the same reason. It's a great anti-meta tool, there's a great Henselt deck on gwentdb that just got me to rank 15 a few days ago.

Shani, Nenneke, Priscilla and Stennis are the must-haves.

After that, Bloody baron, Triss: Butt and Phillipa are also good cards. Dandelion and Margarita for specific decks.

nice roleplay

Stennis? The others I get.

Not him but I do wonder why I don't see Stennis more. He's the NR's only spy, right? So why not autoinclude him for the deck thinning?

no official tournament stream...lol

>omg i cant circlejerk my fav hottie ecelebs, so bad :(

this game doesnt even have a spectator feature
HAHA

i just want to see noxious get his shit kicked in

Stennis is included in the both NR meta decks. Don't know why you don't see him anymore. Some Henselt players don't use him, but both the swim's foltest swarm and the Henselt top 5 decks use him.

Spies are always good.

So I'm thinking of about making a fun deck for casual built around underused cards. Faction will be NR, since I have most of the NR collection. What are some cards I could play around with? Currently thinking about stuff like

Ves
Dudu
Trollolo

Any other ideas?

Letho