I must unite the American peoples under one flag

>I must unite the American peoples under one flag.

Other urls found in this thread:

archives.gov/exhibits/featured_documents/emancipation_proclamation/transcript.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I must take a shit on the constitution and turn the Federal Government into a monster

And he did. And it was good.

>I must secede without a majority and force the federal government to declare war and enforce martial law by attacking a fort on federally owned land

Is it just me or does he look like that one autist in that pic you always see about Germans.

>"who disturbs my slumber?"

He was literally fighting to abolish slavery.

Even if he stabbed kittens for fun every morning, he'd still be the Great Emancipator.

>Even if he stabbed kittens for fun every morning, he'd still be the Great Emancipator.

Why did you give me the mental image of Abraham Lincoln violently murdering innocent kittens D:

What he did is child's play compared to what any of the past dozen have done.

>He was literally fighting to abolish slavery.

ebin meme my friend

>territory and US property is decided on by Congress
>South secede without the approval of the majority of Congress

Their secession was illegal making the South traitors that needed to be returned to the union by force.

Yep.

archives.gov/exhibits/featured_documents/emancipation_proclamation/transcript.html

The idea that Abraham Lincoln didn't want to abolish slavery is the real meme. He absolutely hated slavery. There were times he held back because of political realities, but he was always an abolitionist. He never had any intention of allowing it to continue if he had any power to stop it.

>wanting to be free from tyranny and forming your own country is illegal

Youre supposed to be dead mr. lincoln should America also go back to being colony since that was also illegal?

>secession
>illegal

Not a confederboo, but you should really research what you celebrate every 4th of July.

The only illegal thing he did was outlined in Ex parte Milligan

Actually the colonies independence was legal by their own laws. They didn't have someone in parliament to represent them, so they represented their own interests. The south had this chance, but their representation did not get through, and when it didn't they turned traitor and took up arms against their union(and it was a union).

A minority of people in the Southern states wanted to succeed. Abraham Lincoln had a moral obligation to protect the majority that wanted to stay in the Union.

>tyranny
oh no hes gonna use democratic means to stop the expansion of slavery what a monster
its literally illegal if you lose the war

>cites a piece of literal propaganda as his "evidence"

lol

>The fact that Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery isn't proof that Abraham Lincoln wanted to abolish slavery

Did he do it by accident?

to boost morale for the soldiers by giving them a moral cause to fight for
note that he didnt immediately free the slaves in the slave states that didnt secede.

Note, he wasn't interested in abolishing it in the South. He just wanted to stop it from spreading into new territory.

Wouldn't that imply that Lincoln set the country on a path of civil war so that he could use it as an excuse to get what he wanted which in this case is the abolishment of slavery? Kind of makes him look like a Palpatine type figure.

God will you hicks ever get your ugly heads out of your own asses ever?
>muh tyranny
>muh south will rise again
I hope you fucks do, we'll wipe the fucking floor with you

>for the soldiers

Nope, for Great Britain and other European who had made slavery illegal.

The south was in a system rigged against them so they sought to secede which was legal by their own laws. Meanwhile the union acted against its own laws. Who really is the traitor here?

>note that he didnt immediately free the slaves in the slave states that didnt secede.

Not immediately, but he still did it.

Abraham Lincoln didn't intentionally start the civil war. The South seceded immediately after he was elected because they just couldn't accept the idea of an abolitionist being president.

>we'll wipe the fucking floor with you

Considering the bulk of the USAs military both personnel and weaponry comes from the south...

Texas alone could probably hold it's own against half of the rest of the states.

Wasn't it well known at the time that many southerners didn't like Lincoln and made threats directed at him? That seems like waving the red flag at the bull when you know it's gonna charge.

Fuuuuuuck who was that guy? Looks familiar. Didn't he get into fights n shit or something like that?

the nukes are in north dakota friend :^)

>so they sought to secede which was legal by their own laws

They never got a majority of their population to agree to secession. It wasn't legal at all.

>The south was in a system rigged against them
How?

>Any white person in the 19th century being inspired from the idea of dying for a nigger's freedom.
Top kek, my friend. Lincoln wanted to abolish slavery, for whatever reason it wasn't for morale.

They had an election and they lost fair and square
southerners are just sore losers. Theyre still buttblasted after losing the election and then the war

I think most of the nukes are in Minnesota which is a state where 50% of the people own a firearm.

The federal government was a mistake

>Claim you are a country founded on liberty
>Hold people in bondage
>Have half your country subscribe to an economically damning industry which they refuse to give up

>hurr dur niggers

Where are you getting this from the majority of people in the south wanted to secede.

They didn't want to secede. The slave-owning elite wanted to but nobody else did.