/rsg/ RuneScape general

Sinkholes edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=12/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,863,65894952
>Previous week Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=12/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,542,65890651
>Mining & Smithing Rework Design Documents
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,641,65878961
>Luck rework documents
docs.google.com/document/d/1T-IBMnYsPBFETiZq7cNem_SpUnNHE7RXvn4MHpN9enY/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=id4yMiprNTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

QBD is literally 3m/hr AT BEST

Periodic reminder that Sliske is canonically in your head and you don't have a way to get him out.

>not averaging huge lamp in sinkholes

acquire greatness

Didn't we transfer him to Relomia or whatever the fuck the homestuck girl is called

What happens when you think lewd thoughts?

woha guys i did it lmao

Done sea slug series. Wondered why they can't update or make it better than it was. So much potential lost to shitty new bullshit quests.

No?

>that ugly ui

Grats my dude now fix literally everything that's wrong with your non-gear setup

>afk 30 point sinkhole
>large and medium lamps
>no one steals or copies
feels decent mayne

>Wondered why they can't update
And make it worse like they did with romeo & juliet and demon slayer?

So has everyone. Not impressed.

>So has everyone
Not me.

>And make it worse like they did with romeo & juliet and demon slayer?
There is so much potential tho. The Salt in the Wound end was just pathetic.

The jmod who made that literally go memoryholed.
He doesn't exist.
Anywhere.

>There is so much potential tho.
Not with Jagex, just leave them be instead of making them worse. If you want your overdone lovecraft shit just wait for The Ambassador and Xau Tak.

When you do achieve it an then make it your main profit. I will still not be impressed.

>in your head
*ass

>your overdone lovecraft shit just wait for The Ambassador and Xau Tak.
I'm guessing either May or June for this then?
It was that bad they had to ease him from existence.

that's pure headcanon and I never heard of it before

>every time WG masturbates Sliske shows up in his mind at the last second so you end up cumming to him

That's pretty optimistic. I doubt we're going to get any non-Menaphos related larger updates like quests until the first expansion drops

Everyone seems to be like fucking sheep these days. Literally Lunar fury 2 and Zammy slut wear everywhere I go. At least the role players may have Asperger but they do have good style.

t. Raptor

no they don't

>get any non-Menaphos related larger updates like quests until the first expansion drops
>expansion
Dude we do not have to buy another disk. It is not a dlc. It is an update to give actual levels to slayer to 120 instead of virtual. Also.
>Related larger updates.
Like the NXT conversion update for EVERYONE on Monday apparently? Would you not say that is a large update within itself.

>slut wear everywhere I go
Is that supposed to be a bad thing

>It is an update to give actual levels to slayer to 120 instead of virtual.
And add a whole new city. There's 2 more expansions after Menaphos later this year too.

>Dude we do not have to buy another disk. It is not a dlc.
I am well aware of that, I'm just using Jagex's own wording for the Menaphos/120 Slayer update.

Also the NXT update is literally just a new client

Dude role players have the best style it comes with the Aspergers.

glasses and pig tails were a mistake

Expansion is jagex's word for it - essentially a large content update, like what would happen if they bundled all the prif content into one update.

Also, NXT team is different from content teams, and they're criminally understaffed.
They either have two guys, or one guy now iirc.

Depends if you fall in love with your player and pay amateur artists to draw them cream pieing on your face. But each to their own I guess.
>And add a whole new city. There's 2 more expansions after Menaphos later this year too.
Great but with minimal requirements to get in. With mass people aggroing the living shit out of the new slayer dungeons. Majority comp fags who lost their capes first but over time just kill tagging and aggroing galore.
>Also the NXT update is literally just a new client
If it is just a new client why are we constantly asked to update to use it then. It will either this year or the next be the main client to play.

>Great but with minimal requirements to get in. With mass people aggroing the living shit out of the new slayer dungeons. Majority comp fags who lost their capes first but over time just kill tagging and aggroing galore.
So?

>Expansion is jagex's word for it - essentially a large content update
This is sounded like Blizzard talk to me.
>Also, NXT team is different from content teams, and they're criminally understaffed.
>They either have two guys, or one guy now iirc.
So there are job openings for more people to do it then?

The NXT client was supposed to completely replace the java client but too many retards with 8+ year old hardware and jagex cannot into cpu and gpu optimization.

Even if I explain it. Everyone does it anyway so it is pointless to bother debating it. These days rushing slayer tasks is the way too go. So let them.

>So there are job openings for more people to do it then?
I don't know, but I do know they have way too many artists and not enough codemonkeys.

>The NXT client was supposed to completely replace the java client but too many retards with 8+ year old hardware

Like everyone opting for the windows 10 update then regretting it later and not being able to escape it.

>and not enough codemonkeys.
I thought companies were letting women do this and then fuck over the entire company later due to equality of sexes in the work place. That's what i thought the reason runescape was going down hill.

Nope, it's all just artists and no codemonkeys.
To the point where mod shauny, the community manager, has had to learn how to code.

No sure on how bong diversity laws work actually, but they could easily relocate all the non-autistic people to other sections of the company.
Which might actually explain things.

I actually agree but since both are here to stay I might as well get the best out of them

If something is advertised heavily without specific benefits described, people should know to avoid it.

Challenge Mistress Fara is CUTE

Gnome girls are pretty cute little sluts. Glough knew they all had human fever so he had to try and stop the inevitable.

>post about how a teenage gnome is cute
>instantly devolves into sex

DELETE YOUR POST

>why do people wear the new cosmetics

Runescape is that kind of fantasy game.

literally nothing wrong with my ui/setup

>slim headers not on
>UI not locked
>everything at the bottom of the screen and not around the edges
>no transparency
>only one action bar

slim headers are on

action bar is locked, and that's all that matters. i move stuff around my ui all the time so i keep it unlocked

bottom of the screen is the most convenient to get to

transparently makes it hard to see things in the inventory

i don't need more than one action bar at araxxor

youtube.com/watch?v=id4yMiprNTM

The Month Ahead - April [livestream]

>REMINDER
It's not abyssal demon task anymore. We Grapefruit task now. =) Fresh of a task just now.

Gay.

LOL

So?

>not watching it on twitch

FailFish Kappa

>I'm now gonna try and kill myself

damn shauny is a god

>Actual player joins Jagex
>Learns how to code
>Starts making better updates than some of the 5+ year veterans at Jagex
amazing

sad innit

mod shauny is what all mods should strive to do. he is constantly in contact with the player base. it's great

He was up at like 2 am killing telos once, truely /ourguy/

wtf i love shauny now

>jagex removes seeds from all the drop tables
>seedacide becomes useless

Is he the only jmod with a confirmed telos kill?

i wouldnt doubt it.

This game is just throwing gold at me. I've logged off maybe twice and already have 3m. I want to buy and use trimmed armors just to keep a vague aura of a proper economy but no one on the GE is selling, even when I go five times over the standard price.

Recent update to the ring of wealth/luck mechanics introduced a ring that requires an alchemical onyx, which needs 50 fortunate components to make.
Fortunate components can only be obtained by dissasembling treasure trail items, like trimmed armor.
As such, all treasure trail items are in high as fug demand right now.

Anything treasure trail exclusive is going for around 500k right now. Since you can disassemble them to get fortunate components to make the tier 4 luck ring which is going for 40m~

fugg
the one time I felt capable of nonchalantly wearing trimmed armor around and the GE price couldn't be more wrong

I want to see Jas tell Angof that he can never be a woman.

>there are people in this game that are slaying to 99/120 without scavenging

>did about 25k abyssal demons with luck of the dwarves
>not a single abyssal wand/orb drop
Still getting whips and whatnot just fine but this feels kind of bugged. Is this just me?

Knowing jagex, it probably is, but wand and orb drops are pretty rare, never seen one.

>Realise that I can make money if I buy fortune components
>Have to sell my slayer and 120 thieving tab to cover the costs
>Will turn out that I will be a super mega jew after the rings sell
Im gonna miss those tabs

all my gear is already optimally perked out

why would i ever need scavenging?

new perks and other new shit like lotd

alright then genius, if scavenging 3 is so amazing - tell me which of these perks i should get rid of to make space for it?

Precise 5
Aftershock 3
Crackling 3 + Mobile
Impatient 3
Biting 3
Enhanced Devoted 3

what.

you're overestimating what lotd can do, it's not a guarantee by any means, only an increase in rare drop chance.

precise 5.

What is a more important way to spend my money? I can potentially do both 2 and 3 but would rather not unless it's that important.

- buy Seis set

or

- disassemble my nox staff/bow (whichever is cheaper) and put Biting 3 on my armors, then buy it back

- buy and level up a lance (2 lances?) + Zaros anima to put Aftershock on my nox set

Dual wielding magic is fucking shit even after the conc. blast buff, so stick with perking out your equipment

Nevermind apparently wands/orbs only drop on task. Most of those 25k were off task. That explains it.

Optimal source of ilujankans is refined anime core, because when you diss it, you get the unrefined armor back.

All of them, slaying with augmented gear is waste of money.

The crests cost as much as the armor itself so you save nothing.

I didn't realize greg's one was still so expensive.
It was recommended for ironmemes, to be fair.

go back to /nepgen/

@173359236
delete this

I forgot it worked like that, but upon looking it up I'd lose money actually because of the divine charges required to augment it.

what is this

I did 120 without scavenging and I'll do 200m without scavenging

My gear already has optimal perks since I'm not such a poorfag that waiting hundreds of hours for a handful of nox components and ilujankan is worthwhile.

You did your math wrong. It's 14m for refined anima core legs including charges and 23m for lance.

I've had 6 orbs and 8 wands in about 55k abyssal demons, they're pretty rare. Not bugged.