/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 7th:
451 – Attila the Hun sacks the town of Metz and attacks other cities in Gaul.
1789 – Selim III became Sultan of the Ottoman Empire and Caliph of Islam.
1805 – Lewis and Clark Expedition: The Corps of Discovery breaks camp among the Mandan tribe and resumes its journey West along the Missouri River.
1829 – Joseph Smith, founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, commences translation of the Book of Mormon, with Oliver Cowdery as his scribe.
1939 – World War II: Italy invades Albania.
1943 – The Holocaust: In Terebovlia, Ukraine, Germans order 1,100 Jews to undress and march through the city to the nearby village of Plebanivka, where they are shot and buried in ditches.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M9JniVLCRz0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>Just a month before Germans fokin won against Soviets and had full control of Europe
>Hitler dies
>Surrender
??????????????

Goals for After the End?

Should I try an Enclave play-through in DH Fallout?

The safest route right now is to simply become a tributary of china and beta up everyone else around me, right? Playing Jianzhou with Manchu/Qing as end goal. Can tributarys even attack countries not under Mings control?

Does that mean that every Axis power relinquishes control of gained territories? (Hungary for example)
Or is it only Germany getting fucked over?

Yes, yes.

Allright, thanks. That´s all I needed to know.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

havent play it yet
what happens if you refuse to pay tribute
can european nation force other eu nation to be tributary?

Whoever is China can attack you.

No, tributary is purely Emperor of China mechanic.

bloody hell

Whats the correct line to use religion -char id- to convernt a char to isma'ili? gotta try that assassin cult while taking over spain

Voodo Empire and colonize the Caraibs, Floride, Louisiana and possibly the whole south-west coast.

Dh fallout enclave is fun. Robo nation is the most fun imo

relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=M9JniVLCRz0

I creamed a little bit

*east coast

Was WW2 the most aesthetic war in history?

I'm playing CK2 for the first time and my empire is all fucked. I have in Ireland the Kingdom of Eire and the Kingdom of Mide instead of one unified Irish kingdom and in Scotland, I have the Kingdom of Alba. I want to unify the British Isles and maybe take pieces off of the French coast by the end of CK2 for my EU playthrough but these kingdoms are bothering me. How do I fix it? I don't mind cheating either btw.

Then I will give it a try.
Any good tips?
I know they start with one hyper advanced division.
Should I secure Alaska first and then advance trough the West Coast?

Yup, close contender being the Napoleonic wars

I could use some berr right now

German occupied allies got liberated, but Hungary quickly conquered Poland anyway and Germans rejoined Axis and became the leader again - meaning that Allies are getting really fucked this time since this time there is no russians and they will finally get to reorganize. Shitty things is that Japs attacked me once again just before this, automatically putting me to allies faction(???) while I was almost done organizing my OOB and deploying final units for explosive expansion against all factions - retaking mongolia, manchuria from ruskies, taking tibet, korea and whole indochina. Now probably only thing I'll get is rusky lands, since no way allies letting to keep me shit from Japs apart from Taiwan.

No
pic related was though
based Venice

lol if your list of titles is shorter than
Francis Joseph the First, by the Grace of God Emperor of Austria, Apostolic King of Hungary, King of Bohemia, King of Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia and Lodomeria and Illyria; King of Jerusalem etc., Archduke of Austria; Grand Duke of Tuscany and Cracow, Duke of Lorraine, of Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola and of Bukovina; Grand Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia; Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia, of Modena, Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla, of Oświęcim, Zator and Ćeszyn, Friuli, Ragusa (Dubrovnik) and Zara (Zadar); Princely Count of Habsburg and Tyrol, of Kyburg, Gorizia and Gradisca; Prince of Trent (Trento) and Brixen; Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria; Count of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg, etc.; Lord of Trieste, of Cattaro (Kotor), and over the Windic march; Grand Voivode of the Voivodship of Serbia.

So Hungary is okay.

Firstly, I like to disable the end game events. I think the return of the chosen one, combined with the blobby nature of the mod makes for less fun gameplay.

Robo has a severe shortage of rare materials but some of the best endgame units. I like to focus on Conquerying state by to get the benefits of state unification. Neuter your rivals nearby and blob onto them when they fight each other, then snowball into world conquest.

>Hungary
>ever attacking polebros
(((believable worlds)))

I presume you are neither Polish,nor Hungarian.

actually i'm both. i've got one dad from poland and one from hungary

Implying Nazi Hungary won't take their chance to demolish jew loving polaks.

You'd think, but they just got annexed by Germans. No idea what happened.

Any Enclave tips?
I never really got into this mod.
The first few months are unbearable because of all the units spawning.
It makes the game's speed drop every single day.

look at this post

GUYS

seriously LOOK at this post its REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!@!!!@!@!!@1!1sgjk

after a brutal civil war that involved multiple massacres of serb, hungarian and pole peoples order has been restored and the empire looks to what the future will be, status quo or danubian confederation? (do dual monarchy hungarians are cucks who betrayed us, germans backstabbed us as well by demanding hungary get independence)

W&B

>Regent Horthy told the German ambassador that "he would sooner blow up the rail lines than to participate in an attack on Poland"

Please someone link download for the Mandate Of Heaven DLC file only, I already have the crack.

I just need the DLC file.

Kurva anyád

Is it Horthy Hungary or Szálasi's Arrow-Cross goons?

How costly is having only cavalry for an steppe horde? I heard somewhere that I can and should field only or almost all cavalry. Is that true?

Still looking for the relevant information though.

>1943 – The Holocaust: In Terebovlia, Ukraine, Germans order 1,100 Jews to undress and march through the city to the nearby village of Plebanivka, where they are shot and buried in ditches.

This better be worth it

tliquor

>he bought this when superior steel division just went into open beta

What west african culture should I play as and enrich iberia like the moors did irl?

the original Orange Idiot

I bought it a long time ago in a sale or something, just haven't played it

plz answer to get your 72 virgins

both poles and magyars are scum, even romanians are better

Is this halal?

t.Radu Popescu

Scotland
Yes

Sure, but why didn't you just play as England then? I'd keep it Scotland to be honest.

When the fuck does the ACW fire?

Mandé is the one in CK2.

Danubian of course. Do you get cores on Poland?

Enclave is like, if regular Japan and Germany had a baby.
>high tech
>high production
>low manpower

I focused on fast units because blobbing Alaska has terrible infrastructure. I actually invested heavily in infrastructure to free up air transport ic to build more bombers instead. Once you get down to Vancouver your last hurdle is the Washington Oregon region. After that you can easily sweep through California and from there it is gravy

For the slow unit spawn period, just sit through it. It takes a while. I get autistic about it and use fullcontrol, showI'd, teleport commands to get all the grey little tumors that they don't spawn into to turn over to marauders territory

It's a glowing button wanting to be clicked

So I gotta go fast and build Autobahn
Gotcha.

After the Dred Scott and John Brown's last raid events. The MTTH (mean time to happen) is 6 months, and it gets a .25 multiplier after 1861.

Also, did you make all the states in the west slave states? Everything west of the Mississippi should be Confederate.

These are the only free states.
Also note that all my colonies in central america and mexico are CSA cores

fucking this

p-please

It really depends on if you send those codes though.

If you send the codes, the chosen one never returns and you have the same alignments and blob fest.

If you do nothing then the chosen one returns, everyone joins factions, and fights it out. Since you'll have northern territory, you will be on the front lines as the enclave

))))

anyone know how to fix EU4 getting stuck on "creating checksum" ?

what'll it be? im kind of thinking of siding with the entente for something different

Dred scott didn't happen yet its april of 1860 and I'm gonna kill myself clicking through a southern belle knights of the golden circle and american anti slavery league every fucking month

What is the most fun japanese kingdom to play as right now? I would like to reunite japan

Pretty good, although you should've made Michigan and Wisconsin free states for better borders. Also, make sure to force the US to release New England so they can't ever reconquer you.

Are you going to conquer all of Mexico and Central America, or just the Caribbean?

>annexing poland
>letting romania have transylvania

What is this chosen one thing?
You mean a superstrong faction invades or just an event that forms blocks?

That escalated quickly.

It triggers the mods version of "ww2"

After 5 or 10 years the chosen one returns from the frozen north, declaring a jihad, a war to end all wars once and for all. The nation's are given the choice of 3 factions or neutrality. Continental war ensues.

Sounds sort of dumb and interesting at the same time.

they were simpler times

Would someone tell me the general idea of how it is to play in Japan now with the new dlc? I've never played there. Is it like a mini-hre? How does one unify Japan, by conquest or diplo or what's the deal?

wew

I find that cute.

>>>r/paradoxplaza

It's pretty great but trying to get into the online by now is insane, especially with everyone using OP DLC nations.

>studied history/economics
>yet considers himself left leaning gommie
ah yes

Upload the save game, I want to do a CSA run but I can't be assed going through the 1836 meme.

1860 start for HPM fucking WHEN?

Why?

Sure, how do I do that

Mediafire I guess

>trusting canadian universities

for pirate users, where do you get the mods?

I'm doing a pretty much identical run as the CSA right now as well. It's with a custom version of HPM I've made for myself and one of the things I did was make a decision for the CSA that enslaves all African diaspora pops (African American, Afro Caribbean, etc.) that aren't already enslaved, at the cost of 5 infamy and 100k vickybucks. If you want, when I get home from work I can upload the decision for you both to use.

I might also make a decision to enslave Native American cultured pops for a fascist CSA at the cost of something like 20-25 infamy and around 500k vickybucks.

>fedora man blobbing as epic gross germania

this game

Tried saving and loading the game?
Helps me with events not triggering sometimes.

Ming is going to get nerfed super hard, aren't they?

So they're allowing white males to get get the last say? That sounds horribly racist.

stop this germany shaming

extremely disgusting gameplay

Reformed germanic religion epic gross germania please.

Sounds good to me.

how

WHAT? NO! GET OUT OF MY CO PROSPERITY SPHERE!
REEEEE

Sure, that'd be great
Also what do I do with all this land now?
It's greatly impeding my klein confedratiums comfiums. And I enacted the homestead act as USA, but USA doesn't have any land to homestead now, how do I undo that?
2bh I'd give the extra land up to the yanks if they revoked their cores on me, is that possible to write in or something?