/mmog/ - MMO General

Cosplay edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

Our most discussed games are Mabinogi and Wakfu. We have a game of the week that we all try to play together!

We currently have a guild on Wakfu (Remington) and Archeage (Reckoning) ask for an invitation on this general!

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed)

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lodossonline.com/?teaser_direct=on
esemuproject.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=t-aAoMcQytk
crush-game.com/forum/threads/thank-all-of-you-for-taking-this-journey-with-us.930/
youtube.com/watch?v=MnsBO2BAh5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Yotsuba

How much gacha/p2w is there on this Lodoss MMO?

>dark and light has a big button front and center that says "Buy the game"
>click it and it takes you to the steam page where you cant buy it
TRICKED

3nd for bears.
That game looks kind of meh desu.

Fifth for Albion Online. We should form a guild and have territories.

I'm wait until the game is fully out.

is rift shit?
i just want a game where i can grind shit and explore a world

I wouldn't say it's shit, but the combat feels extremely weightless. It's my benchmark for lowest perceived impact of abilities. Otherwise it's really not bad.

I played it at launch and for 3 months after that. Don't know how much its changed, but it wasn't good.

It was like a weird wow clone at launch. Some interesting concepts in the game though.

There's a moderate level of P2W. Seems like there's nothing outright ridiculous but you can buy some short time power boosts and a lot of quality of life shit.

If the graphics are a turnoff then you probably won't enjoy it.

The game has shit questing and some other issues but party grinding seems the best way for leveling and it's a lot of fun. When it doesn't lag and dc.

go play a single player game instead

I don't mind the look it just seems meh. It should have came out in the early 2000s.

wait it's out on the west?
dl right now

tell me about the PVP

Where do I even download the game?

lodossonline.com/?teaser_direct=on shit is slow

So I found this esemuproject.com/
Anyone aware of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=t-aAoMcQytk

UP
SIDE
DOWN

I was using a g500 until recently.
it started dying so i decided to try something with a few more buttons for my mmo habits.
got a reddragon and its god awful. never had this much regret over a mouse.

what mouse do you guys use? personally I hate the grid style but i want the extra buttons.

I'll give it 8 months before it shutdown. There is just not room for another moba on the west.

I've gotten in all the betas, but the game is garbage.

Well, these news just passed by. Crush online is shutting down on the 30th. There are only 2 players playing the goddamn game now:

crush-game.com/forum/threads/thank-all-of-you-for-taking-this-journey-with-us.930/

VERY sad; the game was unique and actually kinda fun. I didn't get into it after seeing the steamcharts going all red barely one month after launch.

>crush-game.com/forum/threads/thank-all-of-you-for-taking-this-journey-with-us.930/
>just the steam client will be shut downed u can download the client which is running on crush-game.com ( and jeah the most of us are just waiting for 2.0 ^^ sorry)

eh, it has PVE modes that plays like an ARPG, which is rather unique compared to most MOBAs

Actually just finished trying this.

It's okay, but I don't think it'll get to big.

user, if only 2 people on the whole Steam client are playing, the game is pretty much dead. Yeah, they said steam version, but you really think there are more players on the standalone one when Steam was the ONLY version you could download for 95% of the games' life?

I'll like to see 2.0, but yeah, it'll be at least 2 years for that, if lucky.

With HOTS 2.0 coming out soon, I think it'll eat ALL the rest of the moba market that is left. MxM has been in CB for what, 2 years now? DOA user, sorry.

I'm still waiting on that side perspective fantasia something MOBA though, now THAT is rather unique and interesting.

Where did the mabi threads go ?

This IS the mabi thread.

Mabinogi has not had a general in like 2 years I think.

it was alright the last time I played it.
I'm still salty they fucked my teleporting sword mage though

dfo belongs here now

what the fuck happened

When's the new slut.

>Will you be my fantasy partner?

thread died and no new general after many hours

Revo too then lel

Guess we should add them and maplestory to the pastebin then?

is wakfu still popular here?

No clue

It looks more like an HD version of those old mmos. The graphics are pretty good actually. The characters are 3d mdoels.

m'doel

>tips defora

Kinda. People aren't talking much about it since some idiots couldn't stop sperging about their server, a paranoid autist screaming "Remikid", and another was buttmad 'cause on one wanted to join his shitty 7337 lvl 10 server (with HW) and started attacking the new one that was (is) recruiting people on the thread.

It'll resurface sooner or later, but we better go slow; that way we can kill the shitposting the minute it starts.

good

>priest, normal looking girl, age 16
>rogue, obvious loli, age 30

glorious nippon

You mean Hyper Universe?
youtube.com/watch?v=MnsBO2BAh5k

Now!

Yup! Hopefully it'll run fine on toasters. Is supposed to launch on the west this year.

5 minutes for new Krosmaga quests, here we go autism, my old friend.

desu looks more interesting than any MOBA I've seen before

>dfog dead
>thread it is now part of even more dead
nice game

dfog died?
i mean, i'm not surprised
but i am a little surprised

>still no new dfo thread

really makes you think

The recent shitty events and general incompetence from the gook devs made most of the /dfog/ posters quit the game. There's really not much to talk about in regards to it right now.

post your things here sometimes

>The recent shitty events and general incompetence
do tell

how do I gear up in ElliniaMS after maple onyx stuff?

22 kaleidos

>dark and light claims to be an MMO
>100 max player servers
T R I C K E R Y

>dark and light
I had not heard of this before. Sounds like Ark but not gay. The whole faction and NPC hub cities thing sound interesting too. If it has a robust farming system too I'll probably pick it up since I've been itching for a fantasy sandbox without guns.

Conan exiles left a bad taste in my mouth the last time I played it, but hopefully D&L won't suck.

Looks like standard moba trash. Pity awesomenauts never took off.

So does mmog like Tessa or mauzel more?

I have no idea who you're talking about.

Story Time:

>About a month ago 2nd Anniversary was coming up
>Everyone was excited since the 1st Anniversary had really good events and the events as of lately had been really shitty and not worth logging in to do
>Everyone was thinking maybe the 2nd Anniversary events would help with alot of the game's market related problems as of lately such as the lack of unique enchant cards or extremely high demon challenge prices
>Bi-Weekly livestream with Neople comes around
>They talk about the upcoming 2nd Anniversary events saying word for word "They're better than last year"
>People get hyped up expecting good events
>Event details get revealed
>The events are extremely shitty and not even close to the quality of last year's anniversary events in terms of rewards and actually being fun to do
>They also last for 5 weeks (they're still going on at the time of this post) with no new events coming anytime soon
>The events don't aren't even that special and are insulting to even call something that celebrates a game's anniversary
>Neople sees all the madness and attempts damage control by saying "you guys misinterpreted what we meant by 'Better than Last Year' we meant these events were more interactive than last years :)"
>This is completely false as these 2nd anniversary events are pretty simple and not even fun to play with one of them being a minigame where you literally mash your spacebar for shitty rewards
>Veteran players and anyone with a brain are pissed about how poor the events are and about how poor they're handled
>Casual shitters and returnees just continue to suck Neople's dick and unironically defend the events for free
>One of the Community Assistants reveals that Neople hasn't even been listening to the them and then the post gets deleted
>Neople says nothing for weeks and inadvertently tells people who are criticizing the events to go fuck themselves by liking posts on facebook that are defending the shit the events.

to be continued

>One of the Community Assistants reveals that Neople hasn't even been listening to the them and then the post gets deleted
nipple pls
they were so good about
okay reasonably good about engaging the community during the beta

MAKE A NEW DFOG RIGHT NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Part 2

>Last night they do their bi-weekly stream again, first one since this whole fiasco even started
>People spamming twitch chat about the whole fiasco
>Neople "apologizes" but then proceed to shift the blame to someone on Reddit who always makes summaries of the streams, saying that it was partially their fault for making a faulty interpretation of "better than last year". Neople basically didn't even fully own up to their mistake. The defenders eat the "apology" right up
>they reveal info for the next update and promise some stuff for future updates like more avatars (as if anyone with a brain is going to throw money at them after their fiasco)
>It's more or less the same shitty quality events with barely anything the community has been asking for months actually being addressed
>Veteran players are just quitting left and right

It seems like they're trying to just appeal to casual shitters who barely play the game and non-existant new players over the dedicated playerbase without realizing that a majority of the playerbase is the ones who have been dedicated to the game for years, which included most of the people who post in /dfog/. There's not even much to look forward too from the Korean version either as the Korean version has had its own problem with recent updates too.

DFO is mindless trash.

>running around doing quests in a PvP zone
>some random guy is doing the same set of quests near me
>figure he'll try and kill me at some point
>instead get a group invite
>calls me his wife within seconds of joining
>speaks somewhat broken english, but it's not too bad
>turns out he's from Indonesia
>not the best at combat, but he still makes it go faster
>proceed to quest together for an hour or so before he randomly disconnects and I log off for the night
>we even BTFO'd two guys who tried to ambush him at one point
>tfw I've become so jaded by modern MMO's with their dungeon queue groups and guilds that never talk that this felt nice when these encounters should be the norm.

what's corea done wrong? fpriest looks pretty good, although i have no idea how she's shaping up balance-wise

>playing a female character when you're a big hairy bearded man

tsk tsk

>MMOs are mindless trash

yeah but we still play them

be warned that it came out like 12 or something years ago and failed then. this is a different company now though

>big hairy bearded man
>implying I'm big
>implying I'm hairy
I do have a beard and I am a man though. I am tall, but I'm assuming you were meaning "big" as in fat.
I literally cannot immerse myself in a game with a character creator if I play a male character. The only exception is if the male character is an overblown meme of a character, which still gets old pretty fast.

F. Priest is just average. F. Crusader is just as broken as M. Crusader and pretty much a must have in party while all the other subs are basically average at best.

The main issue is how Luke Raid is being handled. They made Luke Raid harder for no fucking reason which made the already ridiculous gear requirement even higher. Its suspected because they wanted people to not be able to sell Luke Raid runs easily which is retarded because they're still being sold post changes. They release the new Legend dungeon in the same patch claiming that the level 90 Legendary gear from it would help you get into Luke Raid which isn't even close to the case. The Legend dungeon isn't even perfect either since getting the gear is still based on chance as well as getting the materials from it needed to change their stats. They promised that there would be balance changes soon to help people get into Luke Raid but it's been almost a month since they said that and no balance changes are in sight. During this whole month literally nothing significant has happened. Then yesterday they preview an update for the Arad Explorer Club and Mercenary revamp + some recycled chink dungeons but still no word of balance changes or them reverting the retarded Luke Raid changes. The preview got really heavy negative feedback as a result since it wasn't addressing any of the problems the game currently has.

What's Twin Saga like? Is it worth playing, or is it shit?

>X-legend
>Aeria

All you need to know.

I'm still hoping that Trials of Ascension is eventually developed in it's entirety rather than the watered down peer to peer hosting thing I last heard of them doing. Granted that game just couldn't get publisher funding back in 2006 or whenever it was and as far as I know it never actually released.

12 years ago was also a very different climate for gaming in general, and judging from what I've read on its site I could see D&L doing alright at this time.

>log into Vindictus to see if I can afford a cute fairy pet
>150m
>log out

maybe I'll try playing again next month.

>tfw I stopped playing a character I named ironically just because of their name
>name is yoloswag

>spend a significant amount of time crawling through name generators to find a good name that I like
>find one that seems alright
>reroll a week later because I started to dislike the name

>still no dfo gen

is it really over?

just make it yourself bruh

Anyone want to play some d3 with a top 50 hardcore monk?
I know this is mmog but the op says Diablo is okay
Hopefully the same user as yesterday doesn't pop a vein about me posting here

you would have a better chance at a serious reply on /poeg/

to be fair, /poeg/ would also shitpost at him
he might find someone anyway though

funny how /v/ isn't even an option to people

dumb cat poster

>/b/ 2.0

>/v/

Are you from 2006 or something? Sheesh.

>leaving the comfy sanctum of Veeky Forums for /v/
>ever
why would you even think of doing that?

>he wasnt shitposting on Veeky Forums while playing runescape before the wilderness was gassed

>mfw people are actually tipping me
I swear it's the little stuff about this game I truely love.

>tfw can afford it easily but can't be arsed to update client and log in
I don't even want to bother until I can get a computer that can run that piece of shit over 30 fps

/poeg/ is 99% shitposts. It's the single worst general on this board.

>tfw made a char with name based on a meme some years ago (pic related)
>stop playing that char after a couple months

You should buy me one.

I finally maxed Justice and Remington, why? Because of this fucking reward. Now my goddamn infinite cards get 9xp per summon instead of 5. Is going to be so easy to get these tier 2 now. All that gold, all these hours... it finally paid.

And now I'm off to max Alibert and MAYBE Quincy for their extra 5xp on Dofus kill. But anyway, for now I'm experiencing happiness. Is this how Jesus felt on the cross?

Every single guy posting on /vg will say this about their board. Even this one.