PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.
Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu
FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165
Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en
Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki
Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003572441/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's get it out of the way now
>THIRD PERSON IS CHEATING
>LOW GRAPHICS IS CHEATING
done.

>devs already breaking the game even more with amateurish patches

dead

on

arrival

reddit game

Seemed like the second update made performance even worse. anytime I would drop far away from the planes path buildings wouldn't load in correctly for a couple minutes.

>tfw playing squad with Veeky Forums autists on discord calling each other cucks every 10 seconds
>end up getting 2nd besides the fact one of them decided to land a mile away from us and die 2 minutes in

>its a "infinite loading screen when you join a game" episode
Cool!

>using a game feature is cheating
>turning down graphics and maybe editing the files in an unoptimized game is cheating

Hmmm....

>sit inside bush
>some fag runs in from the circle
>camps behind tree infront of me
>pull out machete
>chop him up while he screams bloody murder into his mic

Just tried playing while hungry. It looks like it's a bad idea.

any cool niggas wanna q up?

>get good loot and play well
>die 30th because of an fps drop or lag spike
>hide in a stairwell with a shotgun for the entire game
>8th
>drive a dacia in circles for the entire game
>3rd

I have a gtx 660 but will upgrade to current gen in about 2 months. Is this game worth $30? The price seems steep as hell.

1st time, I'm shaking

Just hold off if you think the price is steep. Game should be "fully" developed in 6 months and out of early access, and the price won't change. There should be custom servers by that point with mod support.

>buildings not rendered
>1 FPS for 3 minutes

Anyone else think this game should be free but with daily playtime limits unless you pay?

sounds like something a jew would create

how big is your nose?

I'm not saying I'd pay, but there might be some. Also, I'd whip up a dozen alt accounts for warming up.

eh

I think they're going to have ranked play when it comes out of EA

right now every game is "ranked", so when it comes out there'll be just a normie mode to fuck around in

holyshit the sound in thsi is shit.
>close door
>go up some steps
>30 sec later spot someone running up the steps only by luck

It is in paid open beta phase after all. Report bugs and eventually they may be fixed.

>literally drop in the middle of nowhere
>houses nearby our team have nothing
>circle spawns airbase
>we're all the way up north, shit
>find 2 cars and start heading our way down
>picking up random shit from leftover houses along the way
>up until the final house i checked, no armour and just an uzi to my name
>somehow find a level 3 helmet
>people camping bridge so we take boats around back of novo
>take whatever scraps are left, have a kar98 with barely any bullets and 4x scope
>circle claims our 4th after he got downed on our way up the mountain
>head up around back of radio tower as circle gets smaller
>firefights everywhere, we sniping the bets we can
>end up against one last team of 4 as a 3
>team,mates are down, 2 of them rushing me
>lets do this
>spray them down with an uzi in the final fucking circle
>normies these are my tendies reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this fucking uzi man, who even expects someone to have one in the final damn circle, one of the best games in my life

I don't have anyone to play PUBG with... I keep crashing but I think I've fixed it. Does anyone want to play with me?

Pimped out uzi plus the kar98 is a pretty good loadout really.

Do not fell for the kar98 meme

I used to think it was bad too

fucking shit, me and my buddy were part of the last 5 in the 2 player mode, and we went to move in on a house and heard voices, turns out the last 3 guys, one team and one loner were working together. Fuck people who do this, shit was annoying as fuccccccc

Fuck no. Kill yourself.

>x'es on both sides of the name

Just report it.

if youre gunna ask you need to post your steam at least

Yes ma'am.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003572441/

Holy fuck you're cancer. Kill yourself.

*tickles your butt*

fixed how? so far they've failed to even implement the most basic of patches, yet they are 2.5 gb to download.

the is no in game function to report.

What do Energy Drinks/Painkillers actually do? They say add to boost but I don't know what boost does

Also is there any reason to hold onto points other than buying crates with random loot in them?

From my experience, energy drinks and painkillers do the same thing. On the first application, they add health regen, on the second, they add a speed boost on top of that. So if you take two painkillers/energy drinks, it will fill up the orange bar at the bottom and you'll get small health regen and a speed boost.

>that guy who will go out of his way to make sure he's behind you despite being waaaaaay into the dangerous force field late game to shoot you in the back despite guaranteed dying himself as a result of sitting on his ass too long

jesus christ

Just happened to me m8

Why the fuck isn't there a single player/free roam mode? I understand the same is EA and certain shit has priority, but why is no one else talking about this at least being on the timeline?

I've played 10ish hours now and feel like I haven't even seen 1/4th the map and buildings (which is good, but I don't know where any shit is). I wanna mess around with weapons and grenades and practice.

>teammates crash during loading
>end up having to do teams alone
>kill 4 with a 1911 and a crowbar
>Car ends up flipping to the side in the middle of no where

Yo can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this .ini shit to get rid of trees? They lag the fuck out of my computer and shit

just play the game and explore

if youre too far out on the first circle its not gonna hurt to exit lobby if you want a fresh run to look around

Sorry friend, we don't like cheaters in this general.

i7 2600k

why is my fps dipping under 30 in this game ?

Yasnaya Polyana is such a strange city. I can't tell if it's a popular loot area or not. I never see anyone there, never see shit being looted, but always hear gunshots coming from the vicinity. It's like some kind of spooky ghost town.

Whereas Pochinki ALWAYS has 10 niggers roaming around ready to pop shots off if you come within 200 meters of the city, despite being half the size of Yasnaya.

>circle closes in on military island
>all those people getting sniped trying to drive across the bridges

(because the game is shit)

only the foolish risk the ultra low framerate you get in that town

>AKM jams in automode

Is this normal? Fug

same

I get shit frames and still go there sometimes cause theres always loot and few people

>top 10 situation
>crouched behind a tree
>hear vehicle off in the distance
>look around, nothing
>engine and tires getting louder
>keep looking, nothing
>louder still
>panic
>where the hell is the car?!
>still looking around
>step back a couple feet because the noise is right on top of me
>car magically appears 5 feet away and runs me over

bravo PU battlegrounds, bravo

When are they going to fix footsteps? Can't hear that shit.

Why the fuck were you out in the open? Get behind a rock or a tree.

Sounds like you're garbage. I've never had trouble hearing which directions cars come from.

Anyone else had an issue running this through steam? I cant get it to launch

>tfw full attachments UMP with silencer

underrated as fuck. just won with this bad boy

>pu battlegrounds employing shills

amazing. Shouldnt they be hiring developers and programmers?

>anyone pointing out how awful I am must be a shill

>that lobby music after you win a game
DAMN thats some good stuff.

>Game is boring as piss for 20 minutes
>If you're lucky it will be exciting for the last 30 seconds
Why do I keep playing this shit, it's fucking terrible.

It reminds me every bit of Day Z, down to the graphics, the gunplay, no zombies, but its all condensed down into 40 minutes as opposed to HOURS.

Just going around looting buildings is addictive as fuck. I just wish they had a text chat in this game.

Text chat would be filled with the most cancerous shit, as well as ruin a lot of the immersion. No thank you.

Second thought yeah you're right
>CHINA NUMBAH 1 XD!!!!!!!!!

>most deaths are by the electrical field and RNG

Cmon. Pretty shit when supposed PVP battle royale is actually PVE rng 90% of the time

is 4x scope broken or not? did we get to the bottom of this?

please

broken how?

its alot more fun if you jump out of the plane soon after it gives you the option. land in the nearest town or city and everyone just goes ham. i usually dont make it out but i have fun.

some people claim it aims to the left

The only people who die to the blue wall are retards. I watch PUB streams at work and every time, EVERY FUCKING TIME, WITHOUT FAIL, it's always some group of retards who don't pay attention and wait until the LAST possible second to move before they realize they're a mile away from a safe zone and they don't have a car or meds to keep them alive, then they bitch about the wall as though it's not fair.

The wall is fine, it filters all the retards from the final showdown.

How do i stop being paranoid around every corner JESUS CHRIST muh loot

Nah you the kike lover who thinks an early access game riding the coat tails of previous battle royale games with bugs and glitches galore is the pinnacle of modern gaming

Get to together man. Accept this game is trash for now. Lawrd have mercy

>think you're alone
>suddenly *CRACK*
>instinctively bury your head in your shoulders
jesus christ this and day z gave me PTSD for sure

>landing those insane kar98 shots from a distance

That feels so DAMN good.

I swear the stress from this and DayZ has probably knocked about 3 years off my life expectancy

Thing is, those last years were going to be spent hooked up to tubes while drooling and not remembering anything anymore.

someone play this game with me and be my friend

just invite you to game

>he's looking directly at me
>oh fuck shit fuck
>first shot goes over his head
>second shot hits the dirt
>STILL looking right at me and he STILL can't find me
>third shot hits
>he never fired a single shot at me
>he had no clue where I was
>he probably would've won if he had strategically low graphics
top kek

that isn't too different from now

-twitch- /videos/133611813?t=7h46m03s

Stun grenade effect, if you've never been hit by it.

Also, watch from 7h49m till 7h55m-ish.

Why tf is a DayZ shill in here? Go back to your no updates, 0 dev interaction, and glitchfest of a game. At least this one has hopes of becoming a fully released game and not a mod or cash grab.

brah

I really hope they add a high damage mode so shooting center of mass three times with a rifle actually does more than tickle they guy you hit, and smgs don't feel like they are firing rubber bullets.

Riding the blue wall is a pro strat, the only fix it needs is to do even more damage than it does at the very end, so you don't get guys popping painkillers and doing runouts into the rads to flank in the top ten or the last few teams.

>#2

Feels worse than just dying at the start man

I probably could have played it smarter or something, I don't know. We just got into a firefight right in the open and he killed me before I killed him.

My first time in the 1v1, I got a perfect lateral flank on a guy. I had an AKM with an optic, and I got a clean headshot on him, then he stood up and I got at least three more in on his body somewhere before he turned and AWMed me.

I felt fucking robbed.

Is there any purpose to the currency besides crates? Like if you have enough you should just buy the next tier of crate and hope you get some good shit?

For some reason I'm stuck at 7k crates, meaning I only get enough BoiPucci points to buy a crate every few days.

Does anyone know the best .ini settings to increase fps?

I really wish it would default guns to the highest rate of fire mode

I just died in another game because I swapped out a mini Uzi for an UMP9 halfway through and didn't realize it was on single fire

Yeah damage is pretty odd I shot someone in the hest ( or so I think) with a shotgun and they won't go down with no vest and where shooting someone in the head with a 1911 when they have no helmets take two shots

So lemme get this straight. You want a full auto weapon with a safety switch that goes from safe-auto-single?

>reporting doesn't work at all

> >reporting
To Obama?

Yes

>drifting around in a dacia
>everyone in town trying to gun you down