youtube.com/watch?v=RmaRzGLCNZc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKQz11CKFH4
youtube.com/watch?v=-ROvJtstemo
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe9hPalW9rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I don't need a car I said
>Riding in the rainy season isn't that bad I said
part two

anyone want to critique my shitty dirt skills?

youtube.com/watch?v=RmaRzGLCNZc

forgot to mention i had street tires on at the moment, not like that really bothers though im just looking for excuses

Need some help with starter issues

At least I think it's the starter, I have no idea

Last week, I was riding around and stopped at my house for a couple minutes. When I went out to get back on my bike it wouldn't start. All that'd happen when I clicked the start button was a single click would come from the starter relay and that's it. The next day I went to take the bike apart but tried starting it first and it ended up starting up immrfiatekt

Then it ran just fine for a week.

Last night I went riding and stopped somewhere. When I went back to my motorcycle, it wouldn't start again. Same exact problem. I let it sit for like an hour and a half and now it's turning over. It doesn't start, it sounds like the battery is dying, but it's at least trying to start. I checked the battery and it only has 11.75 volts so I'm guessing that's why it's not starting all the way, but that doesn't explain why it wouldn't do anything just a couple hours ago

Does anyone know what the fuck is going on?

early for gofundme for my bike soon tm

Good knobbies really help, and so does a bike that's not 400lbs.
Also try to weight the rear more when ascending hills. Either stand up and lean back or scoot to the rear of the seat.

>any time I try to find a reference for how the fuck people corner on my bike it turns out they have clip-ons, rearsets, and exhaust that won't drag with rearsets
Maybe I should just accept my slow destiny

you got anything attached to the battery like heated grips or a 12v charger? with my bike the stator or some shit is weak as fuck so it drains the battery

lol iv ripped the klr with some some fat knobs (t63's) and ride slow as fuck. iv been thinking about getting a drz 400sm and just buying the s or e wheels

did he died?

theres cornering and "cornering"

anyways you dont have ground clearance you cant corner hard, thats a given.

fucked his neck really good and got a tv contract.

It's more the set back to change the riding position than the height that counts with rearsets honestly, just that -any- rearset mod will raise the pegs enough to drag the stock exhaust first.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKQz11CKFH4

i think i will try to get a testride for this ASAP.

Best off-road bike? Is the Africa Twin a valid option?

to be honest id say the drz400, iv rode a klr 650 xr650 dr650 drz400 and africa twin all offroad and the drz just felt like it was in its place

your seating position doesnt change the ability to corner though, people corner hard on the Diavel and that's a feet-first configuration

>diavel
>feet first
That's like calling the Tuono or Superduke feet first.

Lean off a shit ton so the bike leans less. Will look retarded though

Post pics

i think you misjudge things

>been waiting for clutch parts in mail.
>sunny all week
>can finally fix the bike on friday
>rainy all weekend
Fuck

Sup /dbt/, need yalls advice on something. This Ninja right here sat for 3-4 months. The first time I cranked it up, it started but it was running "weak." I revved it a few times and the engine cut out and wouldn't start again.

I went out and bought a fresh battery and was hoping it would start. No luck. It's revving and trying to turn over, but still won't start.

I'm going to try draining the fuel. Some water had seeped into the tank. Would you guys agree this is the next logical step?

You should have put new gas in to begin with.
But if it's not the battery, check fuel, air, spark.

Blue cruiser user?
You don't have the parts yet?

The fact it started up initially would indicate that the spark plugs are fine, correct?

My friend is telling me it's most likely not the spark plugs. It only has 3000 miles. Changing them seems more difficult than draining the fuel.

Why are you posting this again without trying anything we recommended last time?

What difference does the Euro vs Us PCV maps? I had a euro map set for the stock bike on and switched to a US version for my pipe system and I've noticed my torque and power are lower now. Will switching back to the euro map hurt the bike? I'm using 93+ oct and I'm in Texas if that matters any. Still new to the power commander stuff

All I have so far is the cover gasket.
I get the plates and springs tomorrow, I'll have it riding on friday.

What are you talking about? I just replaced the battery. I have a ton of people all suggesting I do different things, so I apologize if I am not doing whatever you suggested.

That bike gets me so wet, even knowing that I would kill myself in a matter of minutes on it. I don't think it is precisely because of that fact, but perhaps...

>I'm using 93+ oct

why is american gas so shit?

our cheapest is 95

i usually use 98/100/102

My 54 year old neighbor started on one a couple months ago.
>he's still alive, but I'm waiting for it to give him a heart attack.

Different rating methods, dipshit.

Different calculations for octane you ignorant fucktard.

US/EU measure Octane numbers differently. EU uses RON (?), US/Canada use AKI (Anti-Knock-Index). About 10 seconds of Google will find you a conversion chart. RON numbers are generally (always?) higher.

I'd say it sounds like bad fuel. Drain and fill with premium. Add some sea foam. You should probably check the air filter anyway just as good maintanence.

Also, could be a bad fuel pump. That would explain why it's not getting fuel. And, of course, don't forget to check the petcock. That would be embarrassing if you spent a week trying to fix it just to find out the fuel is shut off.

>oh no, we totally can't build the nuda anymore, the engine was all BMW and it's so different from our shit
Goddamn I hope Pierer dies in a fire

Inbred euro troglodyte btfo.

And still no one helped me with my newb question :(

desu as much as i liked the nuda this seems to be better.

I mean look at it!

It's all engine, seat, forks, swingarm, wheels and thats pretty much all the weight.

I bet its gonna be one hell of a hoon machine.

>inb4 american fuel is actually even worse

>muh corn gas

Battery is dead, nominal voltage is 12.6 volts. Either get a new battery or try charging that one up and see if it'll hold a charge again. I usually only get 2-3 years out of my motorcycle and ATV batteries before I have to replace them.

Do you need a battery for a motorcycle. Couldnt you just kickstart and let the alternator supply all power?

just skip the SM and get the S to start with.

If you had bothered to spend even 60 seconds reading about the way the ratings are performed, you would know how fucking stupid you sound right now.

Ethanol is, however, decidedly shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ROvJtstemo

would you ride a sidecar /dbt/?

I would if we actually had dealers, but why not use a trailer that doesn't fuck up your balance instead?

ask if you can have it after he dies

He has no children, and were pretty good friends. I think there's a good chance I'll get everything. He's in good health except for his heart though.

>Went to the dealership today
>custom colour scout
I do feel like i need another biker in my life

Sure, you can kick or bump start the bike and it'll run without a battery. It would be hard on any electronics that the bike has (computer, fuel injection control module, electronic dash displays, etc) because the alternator produces voltage pulses/spikes that the battery usually helps modulate and smooth out. If your bike has carbs and analog gauges then it wouldn't matter.

Best touring bike?
I'm torn between a used goldwing and a used roadking. Love the vtwin sound but the Honda is tempting..

Gw is superior in every way

Sound is underrated but since its touring you want maximum comfort, but then again its not like you can take after market measures to ensure the vibrations on kick your arms and butt.

On the subject of motorcycle batteries, anyone using LI replacement batteries? Was looking for a new YB9-B and found LI replacements with a built in management module. They are 3x the price, but that is still only about $160, while never needing to be serviced, lasting longer, and being about 8 pounds lighter. Any good/bad experiences?

Stop whining, I had to deal with snow and rain all weekend for 400km

>Go to italy they said
>Weather will be nicer there they said.

Can you attach chains to your bike like cars do for snow riding?

If not how do you do it without crashing?

Gold Wing is, and has been, the best pure touring bike for decades. There are plenty of other decent touring bikes, but you asked what the best is.

Can't wait to put a windshield and cup holder on this thing.

You should try visiting the real Italia. It has been mid-70s and sunny all week in Naples. Stop wasting your time and money in the north.

:3

>Can you attach chains to your bike like cars do for snow riding?

There are chains for dual sports and adventure bikes. But you don't need them actually, the roads were clear of snow. It was just freezing cold and a shitton of rain.

>If not how do you do it without crashing?

Generally speaking, if you're on a regular bike in the snow you're fucked. You can go very slow, but if you slip, there is no chance to catch her. So basically you avoid it.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=Fe9hPalW9rg

get on this level

I went to lake Garda. Quite the contrast, from freezing temperatures in on the mountain passes and 30+ °C/86° f degrees at the lake.

user with the Ninja 300 here. I just changed the fuel out, got brand new premium in it.

Still won't start. What the fuck. I'm starting to get worried now. It initially started over the weekend, but the engine would cut out when revved.

New battery, new fuel, no start. Now, I siphoned the fuel out, and didn't check the fuel lines. Could there be moisture in the lines preventing it from starting? This is driving me nuts.

I'm guessing seafoam is engine cleaner? How crucial is it?

On my way back I found this beauty.
Lago di Carezza

What's the starter doing? Does is make a sound at all?

We don't need your sad little lakes here. We have the Mediterranean. You should come south. Please. Please bring your money, my children are so hungry... Just kidding, our unemployment rate just dipped below 55%, we're doing great.

Thanks.

Dang bikes are so versatile.

Cool blog man

Yeah it sounds like it's trying to start. The starter is making the stereotypical "chyechyechyechye" sound repeatedly but the engine isnt turning over.

Thats amazing.
Now in my must go list. Thanks.

>another biker

A boy biker or a girl biker?

Additionally, I have a digital battery charger and it dipped all the way down to 12%. They charged the new battery yesterday at the shop. Is it draining abnormally fast?

I've only had the battery a few months though and this is the third one in a year

The pass leading there is pretty awesome too. It's near Bolzano.

Sea foam is the best cleaner/treatment/additive you can use.

It really sounds like the problem is that you aren't getting any fuel. It idled over the weekend with what was in the system and now that it's gone it isn't getting more.

Possible causes:
-clogged fuel line (probably unlikely)
-bad fuel pump (maybe)
-flown fuse for fuel pump (maybe, easy to fix)

Check that fuse first. If that is good, you'll have to disconnect a fuel line somewhere and see if fuel is actually being pumped when you crank it.

Sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere that's draining the battery and enough juice to prevent the engine from starting.

at the dmv. holy shit this is retarded.

I'm really wanting a bike this summer, I'm pretty much only looking at what look like Japanese dial sport bikes from 1971 to 1989 though, the older aesthetic is really pleasing to me.

I'm only trawling through Craigslist searching for "suzuki, Honda, Yamaha" though, what specifically would you guys look for, with the criteria
>Japanese
>71-89
>carries 200lb man at least to 65mph
>can handle dirt trails
>1200 obo

Unless there are American bikes that fit this bill?

What is the cruising speed of the Yamaha Tricity 155?, can you cruise at 110km/h?

Kawasaki kh125 fits your criteria, was my first bike and I absolutely loved it. It had the whole 2 smoke thing going on too if you're into that

Oh God... Kill it! Kill it with fire!

There is nothing wrong with 3 wheels for more stability.

I meant bike. But yes

except having 3 wheels gives it less stability

Wtf why?

Maybe when you leaning like a moto gp rider but you're not supposed to with a scooter, for all the rest it's better.
It's better at normal corners at normal speed.
more stability at corners and slippery roads, also trunk

Sheeit I forgot about kawasaki, this increases my search criteria, thank you.

I'd like to pick up a bike and take some time to enjoy it while collecting the stuff to make an aesthetic cafe racing bike sometime, all for as cheap as possible ofc, that looks like what I'm looking for

Buy a well restored bike or get ready for a summer project

I always dream about what skyrim would be like if it took place on Cybertron, this is a frostbite spider

>Maybe when you leaning like a moto gp rider

or if you lean like an average motorcycle rider

This is bait right?

It's just for city riding where you aren't allowed to filter.

Saw a fellow ninja 500 rider today. He said he bought it new in 1999 and never changed.

When comparing it to a 2 wheels scooter, 3 wheels are better.
>or if you lean like an average motorcycle rider
nope, only for a above average motorcycle rider, you are exaggerating. for your average commuting ride, 3 wheels are better.
You can filter with it, it's thin.