What makes a car a "driver's car"?

What makes a car a "driver's car"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When they have little to no back seats

It doesn't inhibit the driver's enjoyment, which either means that it's handling focused if it's a sports car, or that its creature comforts revolve around the front seats and not the rear seats if it's a luxury grand tourer.

When you can drive it.

feels

I'd say handling and setup is more important than performance, but performance is also a factor. It's the opposite of a slow, heavy, slush box that handles like 8 tons of tractor.

Example of drivers cars: Cayman GT4, 911 GT3, GT86, Miata etc

A car with character and feeling. Its fairly vague unless you get in and drive it. If it tugs on you emotionally in some shape way or form then I'd say its a driver's car.

It's gotta be as uncomfortable as possible and have little to no electronic assists.

Well, it certainly isn't a "passengers car."

Car feel.

Responsiveness of the steering wheel is mostly it. If you've only ever driven land barges you won't quite understand, but it's almost impossible to accidentally understeer or oversteer in a car with true 'car feel'. Imagine riding a bike and steering yourself around as opposed to playing a video game with a steering wheel and seeing yourself move.

Certainly isn't a driver's car either.

Veloster is a fucking no man's land. It doesn't know what, it wasn't to be, aside from trying to appeal to youth. It's any non 86 Scion or the Kia soul all over again.

The back "seats" can be used in a pinch. Mine just has plastic buckets because USDM.

Decent power, suspension designed for performance rather than comfort and low steering ratio come to mind.

Kek.

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

A Subaru BRZ

A Miata is a faggots car

As rough as the suspension is over any surface that isn't new, you essentially have a mobile torture chamber.

The plastic digs into your leg just above the back of the knee. Even if your legs fit, your head will not. I did cram someone back there once and it wasn't pleasant. Doesn't help that the seatbelts were replaced with interior lights.

Not saying it isn't faster than an 86/BR-Z, but quickness in a straight line doesn't translate to enjoyment overall.

A faggots car faster than a BRZ.
Then again you should be used to being humiliated by minivans and such.

Of course not.

But tell that to all the benchracers on this board.

The badge

KEK So true, my co-workers hate me when I drive them on my Velosturd.

THICC rear wheels.

unresponsive controls
unpredictable handling
at least 200 lbs heavier than it needs to be
steering three turns lock to lock
suspension that gains positive camber on compression
about 30 degrees of body roll
8:1 compression ratio
14 lbs of boost

S N A P O V E R S T E E R

>korean

Cars that sacrifice comfort and performance for extra fun.

>rear wheel drive
>5 on the floor

Thats about it really

Know anything about the Fiata? I can't find anything about it outside of it being a Miata without angry headlights.