/pg/ - Persona general

NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd in Sumaru City: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

kaiserlee.deviantart.com/art/Persona-5-Joker-Mask-Papercraft-673528432
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to spend time at the planetarium with an autistic fox!

Has /pg/ ever been so wrong before?

Lavenza!

it's a CD, not movie

TREASURE DEMONS WHERE

It was pretty weird of them to do that. I dont really like lavenza but liked her way more when she was split as the twins.

The only people that think ryuji wants to date ann are people literally baiting for (you)s

same with chiexyosuke fags.

ryuji been reading too much PUA material kek

I want to fuck Goro

I miss Caroline

the music playing when you explore at night is so chill

caroline was best girl til her execution.

It's over, well known figures in the western games industry are shitting all over Persona 5 on Twitter. Atlus is finished in the west, looks like the Persona series won't be getting any more games localized after this blunder.

she'll probably re-split or maybe alternate for the spinoffs honestly, it'll be like the evolved persona being ignored.

You tend to get sick of it 100 hours into the game. Then you hit a kind of weird point where you want nothing but to listen to it beyond the first 10 seconds.

Is this real? I refuse to think anyone can think the game was hard to understand.

Hello, /v/.

I thought his wife took his PS3 and PS4?

I mean she still exists sort of

Why can Ryuji just completely ignore the school dress code?

Yes, Atlus needs to get their shit together before SEGA shuts them down.

When is the Hawaii trip? I need to know how much time I've got left to acquire a fine bitch

Holy shit the first palace is so long, I think I made it to the 3rd or maybe 4th save room before I had to bounce.

Should I just go back in and do the palace asap? I still have 10 days before the deadline. I don't really know what to spend time on outside of the palace.

Head lopped off in a guillotine and her spirit used as fuel to create a new being that isn't her seems like an execution user.

did this not get enough (you)s on /v/ for you or are you just copying what a different user did on /v/?

>Persona 5 Artbook Scans
Can someone fix the Mega link please?

Everyone does

>tfw i will never EVER be anthony burch

>Special massage from Kawakami after which you feel tired

Hmmmmmmm

He simply cannot be found isn't even grammatically incorrect what the fuck is wrong with this guy? I hope he doesn't fucking have a job in writing.

Finish everything asap, there is no reason to delay. and several to not wait til the last second.

It's symbolic, nothing in the velvet room or metaverse is "actually" happening. It's simply fusing the two back into the original form. The visual aspect of the Velvet Room only Joker can see anyway.

>tfw not Anthony Burch

Want emancipation? You'll need a mask to wear.
kaiserlee.deviantart.com/art/Persona-5-Joker-Mask-Papercraft-673528432

What went wrong?

Persona's always had a great way of implying sex without actually stating adults had sex with a 17 year old boy.

actually how old are 2nd year students? 16-17?

>I hope he doesn't have a job in writing

her massages make you less tired tho

Wasn't the delay from February to april supposed to be to tighten up the translation? Did Atlus USA smoke crack and hire hookers when their we're supposed to be revising the translation?

He's the lead writer of the Borderlands franchise.

yeah, 16-17

REEEEE ATLUS GIVE US CANON BIRTHDAYS

People posting screencaps of twitter posts because they've reached the absolute limit of what could be considered social interaction.

Can anyone objectively tell me if the English translation is hard to read? Maybe I'm smarter than I realized?

Maybe someone who speaks english as a second language here can provide input.

It's not

Ulysses by James Joyce is hard to read

Calling Persona 5's translation gibberish is such an overblown nitpick I wouldn't be surprised if people were just parroting /v/

There's moments that are awkward and could've been altered slightlu but its nowhere near as bad as say, pic related. I think its mostly the beginning that has the most stilted dialogue

>Maybe someone who speaks english as a second language here can provide input.
no problems on my side

It's still impressive to me how accurately that user captured the tone of Borderlands writing on the spot like that.

to be fair that's sort of a staple of borderlands, thats the humor it's fans enjoy, Claptrap is supposed to be annoying, and you're supposed to want him to stop talking.

It doesn't really flow together and sometimes i just skim text to get the general gist of the sentence because it sounds like it's been machine translated.

Not at all unreadable though, it's like a 6/10.

Man, ryuji is being a huge asshole to morgana. It feels out of character, even if they bicker

Like this first time it may have been in character but he just keeps doing it.

Ohya seems like the kind of girl who'd ask you to drink her piss

I actually tried putting one scene into google translate from the JP script and the result was more decipherable than the English localization. I pity people who don't know Japanese.

>things that didn't happen

Ohya seems like the kind of girl to be interested in having sex with a dog because shes generally undesirable as a woman.

Is she even anyones main p5 waifu? I doubt it.

B-b-bbbbut this IS an anime!

>merely pretending to be retarded

ive played obscure 100+ hour nukiges using only machine translation so the p5 translation doesnt bother me at all. but i could see how it might seem off to some people, especially considering this is technically a big game. niche, but still has a large western audience.

FUCKING MORGANA JUST LET ME MAKE 1 LOCKPICK BEFORE BED YOU CUNT

It's "serviceable" but it's not pleasant to read. Like it's just fine im not mad but i ain't impressed either.

How the fuck did this shit pass quality control?

do me a favor and find the line you actually did that to and share it.

here's your (You)

It's not pretending to be retarded, it's literally being retarded. You're pretending like you should never have an intentionally annoying character in any medium. They have always existed. Try to look at things objectively, because plenty of people enjoy that kind of humor.

Small request for anyone currently playing the localization: could one of you post a screenshot of Joker's thoughts just before you reach rank 1 for any of the confidants other than Justice? The one about feeling a bond between him and the person he's interacting with. Need to doublecheck how they handled that line.

As far as I can tell, it looks like if there was any actual reason behind the delay, it must've been to manufacture enough copies and not to fix anything about the localization, because every issue present in the November livestream is still there.

Overall, it seems like they were forced to rush out the localization - the bulk of the actual errors are the type that's prevalent in rushjobs (missing details in a sentence, failing to make sure lines or phrases that are connected or show up multiple times stay consistent, messing up some of the trickier lines like Yusuke's poem during his awakening which just got a literal, wonky translation instead), and the stilted and sometimes grammatically off phrasing that plagues most of the script points strongly toward not taking enough time to edit and polish the initial translation.

It's not outright indecipherable as some have been claiming (and Burch's opinion in particular should probably be disregarded, considering his writing suffers from the opposite problem aka being punched up way too much), but it's definitely a flawed localization that desperately needed more time to polish it.

it's fine and I'd argue most of the really odd dialogue (including the one right at the start when the detective tells Sae about a call she's about to have, when it's intended to be him saying they got a call) is at the start. calling it "nigh-unreadable" and that you need to strain yourself to understand every line are /v/-level shitposts

Saying it's a billion times better than a machine translation is closer to a true statement than saying it's as good as or worse than a machine translation.

If you think this is difficult to read I really have to question if you've ever been able to finish a book that didn't have pictures in it.

How do you start Yusuke's co-op? I need to get him to learn Baton Pass. I've just beaten Madarame's Palace. Also tips for grinding? I've been told the third palace doesn't fuck around.

>79 points in Charm needed for rank 5

FUCK YOU MAKOTO THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TIME IN THE UNIVERSE TO BECOME THIS SMOOTH

FUCK

First thing I do is check the Playstation network to see if the only thing I can do is sleep. That way the cat never denies me anything. I just pretend like I actually made a choice.

The only one that seems like a terrible translation for the context is the last one. The first 2 are inside the velvet room, where they are supposed to sound slightly silly like that.

The third one is something I can see someone saying offhand. While odd sounding, it is grammatically correct.

However you're right, they should translate the English in a way that allows middle schoolers to read it in a way that doesnt require them to reread every line.

He hangs out in the underground walkway right by where you fast travel in.

>First thing I do is check the Playstation network to see if the only thing I can do is sleep.

There's a lot of story railroading where you're given the choice of walking around your room for all eternity and going to bed.

>Ohya seems like the kind of girl to be interested in having sex with a dog
wtf I love Ohya now

how many points in charm do i need for tae to lock me in her BDSM dungeon?

Persona has always had illusion of choice scenarios

none of your dialogue choices matter, and in social links you're never supposed to say what you think, you're supposed to say what you think the other person wants to here for maximum min maxing.

I kind of wish they would eventually treat this negatively so your character isn't such a fucking manipulative sociopath whos personality changes on the fly based on who hes hanging out with

But I guess thats what the wild card is all about. Changing your personality to suit your bonds.

I put the part from the prologue when you first start the game, here's what I got:

-Morgana: all right, let’s pull back for now!
-Goro: Let’s do it!
-Haru:—no need to panic, you can still pull back now!
-Makoto:—I’ll be getting the briefcase, then.
-Morgana: Anyway, don’t worry about our side. Just focus on getting away from here!
-Morgana: By the way, it was amazing that you were able to appear up there in front of all those guests. Such a great show!
-Morgana:I’m proud of you, Joker!
-Futaba:Skull wouldn’t be able to do that
-Yusuke: He just lacks a sense of aesthetic
-Ryuji: Shut up!
-Men in black: Over there!!
-Futaba: Just run! Run for your life!!
-Morgana: Good. Joker has drawn all of their attention. We should be able to leave smoothly.
-Haru: Guys, you all know where to meet up, right?
-Futaba: No problem, I’ll lead the way

uh oh, what didi you say?

>shaved ice syrup isn't colored with dye from ground-up insects

h-have I been living a lie?

Looks like somebody isn't getting pegged tonight.

>Loading icon has a Lei on it while you're in Hawaii

I always love the little things

Did Atlus straight up not give a fuck about doing a good job?

Not being able to take screenshots makes me want to shoot myself. Dumbest decision made by japs.

Along with the rat puzzles on the cruise palace.

Mitsuru is better than Sae

>I'm not the only one that picked that.

"This is too fucking retarded to not be true."

There is nothing wrong with that sentence though, it's grammatically correct.

Go back to /v/

I've read this line like 5 times and I still have no fucking clue what Morgana is trying to say.

it's true, but i guess not for shaved ice

That's not a fucking fuck up. Practice up on your fucking reading comprehension.

It's literally the same as saying

"Your group couldn't have been pulled off with orthodox methods"

Except the longer line better suits the scene.

(You)

Now will you give it a rest

I told her she was cute and asked her why she was shy

That's red velvet cake

I like how people with a 4th grade reading comprehension think this is hard to read

>using "Something" to refer to a group of people

user.....

she's so tiny :3

>The first 2 are inside the velvet room, where they are supposed to sound slightly silly like that.

No, they're not. Caroline and Justine speak pretty much normally in the Japanese version. Even Igor's speech is mostly normal in this game, outside of lapsing into somewhat more archaic or flowery phrasing for certain lines. This isn't another case of the Velvet Room people intentionally sounding strange like Elizabeth did in Persona 3.

The first line in that image is fine, though I'd argue that the phrasing is awfully clunky (though that seems like it may in part be on the text box limiting the translation team). The second line, however, is outright grammatically incorrect and should not have made it into the finalized script in that state, and that has nothing to do with the fact the speaker is a member of the Velvet Room.

Someone give me a sweet-ass name for my protag. It has to be cool and a real Japanese name. Something like Junichiro Koizumi.

"Your group couldn't have been pulled off with orthodox methods" doesn't make sense either. It's what the group is doing that can't be pulled off, not the group itself.

This is actually the first bad translation posted. Kudos.

Does this scene have voice acting? I dont remember it at all. I'm curious if they say something different than what was typed.

So /pg/ mind giving me a few tips?
First time playing P5 and fighting Madarame on hard and he's absolutely destroying me. Party is level 18.
Only two i have that can deal aoe damage is Akira and Ryuji, but i need Akira to heal as he's the only one with Media and Diarama, Ann only has Dia which is useless seeing as everything the boss throws at me deals 120dmg + (80 with resist or defense up) and everyone has 180-220 hp. I have no Ma-buffs, only singular heals plus the boss keeps going for weakness.

Been butting my head to the controller so far, I can't seem to deal with his second form, that stupid form as I have to constantly be on the defensive and heal.

Do I need to grind more? Would be problematic as I'm on my last day.

A group of people would absolutely be referred to as something. It's not a pronoun or some shit; it's acting as its own non personal noun.

>user.....

Kenpachi Rama-sama

Cute quack

>Does this scene have voice acting?
yep
ver batim

>running into a lot of oberons in the bank palace

god dammit I don't have a holy damage persona