Does Nissan deserve to die?

Does Nissan deserve to die?

Yes. So I stop shitting my pants every time one pulls up to me at a light and I think my engine is ticking and knocking to death when It's just the Nissan that rolled up. Do they use fucking cheese as exhaust gaskets or something?

really says something when a mini and fiat are above a nissan

what bother me is how much they dont care about the sport things anymore

>Google "Nissan"
>it says "Nissan [country]. Electric cars, crossovers, four wheel drive cars and vans
>Click
>Taken to their website
>Right away, big picture of a micra
>Scroll down
>"popular models"
>Qashqai, X-trail and Pulsar
>"See all models"
>Have to choose between"normal" vehicles and transport vehicles
>click normal
>Cars listed pefore the GT-R:
>Juke
>Quashqai
>X-trail
>micra
>Pulsar
>leaf
>NV 200
>E-NV 200
>370Z

>And then the GT-R

Nissan, for the love of god, why isn't the gtr the first fucking car i see when i click on your damn webside. whyyy

a fucking FIAT

I don't think I really consider the civic, WRX, or sentra to be compact cars

>Corollas being beat that hard
>Corollas being beat at all

ah so this entire thread is fake news then

>GTI above Focus RS
shitlist.

This list doesn't even make sense. Somehow the WRX is better than the STI, somehow two ugly Mexican cars are ranked in the top 3, somehow a fucking sentra is considered a "sports" car.

VW makes shit in mexico too

>WRX better than STI
Doesn't have a 20 year old engine design, feels faster anywhere that isn't a race track due to better power delivery, 10k cheaper.

>ST's are godmachines
Literally every publication agrees

>Sports car
Sports compact =/= sports car

The Focus RS is made in Germany bud. Also it doesn't matter where the car is assembled when most of its components are European.

>front wheel bearings
>FAG
This explains everything.

the worst is when you google skyline it came up with that piece of shit v35 or whatever that garbage is

WRX is pigfat now.

What happened to the Impreza being the small machine it used to be for so long?

That nismo is absolutely garbage

Kind of like the Honda Accord Sport doesn't have anything special about it but some shiny finish skirts around it. Not a more powerful engine or anything

You're fucking retarded the WRX has been 3200 pounds for years. The Impreza WRX was 3300 pounds

>15

Fake and gay.

Yes. Just went and test drove a bunch of cars with my wife. Civic, Corolla, Versa, Sentra, Sonata, Impreza, Forte, Mazda 3. Sentra was the worst of the bunch in literally every way.

>Exterior
Lazy design. Clearly just making each car a smaller version of the car above it without any thought.
>Interior
Cheaply made, crap materials. Made tons of noise even for a brand new car. Only the Forte was even close to how bad the quality was here.
>Road test
Drove like crap. Struggled up a modestly steep hill. Felt every single bump in the road. Handled like a car with twice the weight.

Really had no redeeming qualities. In to if that the Nissan dealer was day and away the worst one we went to. I know this isn't entirely Nissan's fault but they are supposed to set the standard for their dealers. Staff was horrible, even though it was the slowest dealer (on memorial day no less) they acted like they couldn't be bothered to help and were generally just pushy and rude. They didn't have even a single 370 in stock new or used for me to look at, and they had a single GT-R (the area we were in was a wealthy suburb of DC for reference) which was behind a chain so no one could even touch it, let alone sit in it. The Mercedes dealer next door, meanwhile, had every AMG trimmed car offered by Mercedes completely in the open in the front lot, unlocked, even that crazy v12 they offer.

Really just horrible, Renault ruined Nissan. The Sentra and the service was so poor that it knocked the 370 off of my own list of potential choices.

Side note: she went with the Civic for her own reasons but I enjoyed it as well. Really a good return to form from Honda. Handled much more nimble as a Civic should and felt a lot more trim and tight compared to the last couple generations. It felt like a 90s Civic with modern parts, build quality, and functionality.

Then you're an idiot.

Fanboy be gone, modern Corollas are mediocre at best people movers.

>$37,000 for a Ford econobox hatch

Holy shit nigger what are you doing

its the AWD RS. Its like a WRX STI, its not really an econobox

t. GM fangirl

Sperg more

how are half of those even compacts, they're full size sedans

Because most people don't go to their website to look at cars that they can't afford.

Literally the only car there you could name that argument for is the WRX.

GTR fags eternally BTFO

>Never change or update car to match advances of competition
>Make car more "drivable" to cater to boomers to increase sales
Is it really any surprise?

If you think you can get a focus RS for 36000 you are out of your fucking mind.

Tried to get one last year in august when i was looking for a car. Two ford dealers in my area, one had already sold their single allotted RS for the year. and the other dealer quoted me 45650 before tax and title on the base model in grey. I asked why so much more than msrp, he said we only got offered two to order and everyone wants them so thats the price if i want it, I told him to get fucked.

Bought used 2015 wrx premium with 20k miles the next day for 22900

Yes, just like their deluded fan girls

You leave s/o/viet out of this.

So who buys nissans nowadays anyways
All of their cars are so massively outclassed by everyone else in the game. Like with Infiniti, why would anyone EVER pick them over a Lexus?

>*blocks your thread*

Most of them are cheap. I see so many versa notes and sentras on the road these days.

Poor people with horrible credit scores that nobody else will take

They're the new Mitsubishi, now that Mitsu basically doesn't exist

today I passed 6 nissans in a row just thought that was interesting. it's probably because they are cheaper than the competition and a lot of people just care about getting the cheapest car or truck in any given class of cars. also it's japanese and not korean so a lot of people assume it's quality.
thanks for reading my blog

*crashes and kills spectator*

I would unironically get a Titan XD with the cummins

I agree with Nissan, but Infiniti has some sportiness that Lexus doesnt have.

at least they don't limit the diesel to a crew cab like retarded chevy/gmc.

Chevy doesn't do that with their trucks. The Colorado has the Duramax option in the "extended" cab (though I could only seem to option it in in the ZR2), and the 2500 regular cab has the duramax option. Unless you're seeing something I'm not

Does Infiniti even have a V8 in its lineup?

Patently false statement.

Only the QX80 (""luxury""" armada) has a V8. Anything "sporty" has a 500hp TTV6

these cars are slow as fuck and you have to pay extra for LSD

>b-but muh popularity contest!!

let me know when GM can lap the ring faster

>having an inferior layout

why?

It's a cruiser.

You want a brawler then you know what to buy.

@17338374 (You)
>moving the goal posts
I'd expect nothing less (or more) from you.

delete this

>top trim corvette vs base model nismo
>irrelevant tracks

as usual GM can't compete

remember no GM car is faster than the GTR around the ring

>base model nismo
kek

>z07
>base model z06

kek

keep embarassing yourself

But you can't buy an LFA anymore

>base model nismo

see holy shit, Veeky Forums is retarded

>base model nismo

Says who?

see

>base model nismo

Underrated post

Sometimes all you have are fond memories of the past, and you hold on to them even tighter because the present is so horrible and the future looks dim.

>t. 90's nissan fag

>what is the N-Attack

take your autism medication

a track kit

Look on the bright side at least the CEO stepped down a couple months ago, so who knows, maybe in another five years the effect he had on the company will have dissipated and they'll make cool, fun cars again. Haha, just kidding, Renault will strangle Nissan for every penny it can get, because why make good cars when you can make shitty cars but sell more because they're cheaper?

Of that image the Impreza is definitely the best.

so you accept that a nismo without it is a base model nismo?

>base model nismo

>when his autism gets triggered yet again

>vr38dett 608 lbs 550 hp
>ecoboost 3.5 400 lbs 700 hp
Yes

actually, the fiat is to the left of the nissan

Are kia good now, or is that just a sign of how far nissan have declined?

Yea the qx80 and q70, suv and sedan.
Sedan is pretty damn quick with the v8, 4.9 0-60, but still mainly a luxocruiser

Vk56 is probably the best V8 to come out of Japan.

Checked.
I went from a 2008 is350 to a 2011 G37, prefer the infiniti cuz manual and it has a lsd. So, there's 2 good reasons right there. I did like the interior of the Lexus more though.

Kia now is what Hyundai was in the 90s and 2000s. When Hyundai decided to have sweeping corporate overhauls in the late 00s and early 10s they decided they needed a stronger separation of branding between Hyundai and Kia in order to stop cannibalizing sales from each brand which only raises costs for the same amount of revenue. They decided to make Kia the "young, hip, inexpensive" brand and Hyundai the more moderate "adult" brand. Current Hyundai is similar in terms of quality to the other major manufacturers such as Honda, Toyota, etc. whereas Kia is still lower end overall but with more youthful styling. This separation also paved the way for the emergence of the Genesis brand for Hyundai.

Keep this in mind when you see "car guys" both here on Veeky Forums and in the real world bashing Hyundai and Korean cars in general (since all Korean originated cars in the USA at least are owned by the same brand both statements are equivalent) that they're horribly misinformed about real, current car information and are simply holding on to ideas that were true ten years ago, but no longer. I've seen this in many places, specifically when people talk about the GenCoupe. People immediately begin by bashing its origin and manufacturer without considering that over time brands change their quality (see: Nissan) and image.

So to answer your question more succinctly, it's both Kia getting slightly better by virtue of Hyundai putting a higher focus on quality overall (even on the lower end brand) while Nissan has been falling behind thanks to Renault taking over most of the decision making processes at Nissan with their focus 100% on the bottom line versus quality and customer experience.

>Drugs make your car faster

Straight 4 is the best engine layout for street cars
Prove me wrong

>driving anything less than 8 cylinders
You might as well go buy your bus pass now

>Corvette Z06 - 90k
>GT-R Nismo - 150k (limited 700 units)
>GT-R Nismo N-Attack - 230k (200 units or bought as aftermarket)

Nissaniggers WILL defend this

>No front air deflectors.

Really makes you think.

It's car and driver. The only thing they care about is the first drive. Reliability and quality means nothing to them

why is it flying?

>me in the back
*HON HON*

Look at thier cross over sales

It's supposed to. The part of the track is called Flugplatz (airfield).

That's because that IS a Skyline fool. Search Skyline GTR next time.

The WRX has a modern engine and driveline whereas the STi is like 2 decades old and unrefined

Go drive them side by side

>XD
fuck off

>Impreza
>Compact

This word has no meaning anymore.

jej

I want them to make the IDx.
Other than that, they can eat shit and die.

the point is that it is a piece of shit that doesnt deserve to ruin the skyline name.

They should tho. Ideally marketing should make people desire things even if they can't have them. Although this doesn't apply to luxury products because they're already pricey hence why brands like BMW and Mercedes-benz have their cheapest ones first on catalog but show you any model on first page. Ideally people that can afford luxury products will seek to escalate

Nah but they ain't what they used to be. If they don't turn it around, they're going to be in trouble.

My sentra is pretty neat, and its much quicker than that pos with a nismo badge. I have had this car for 4 months and haven't seen another one on the road. It outpreforms the honda civic si in every way and cost half as much. Why didn't they just stick with this? A facelift and some advertising would have made this sell like crazy

wrong, the 700 units are just for the americuck market, a z07 is 110k

>Not understanding that the choice of gear ratios differs for cars with different purposes.