Are you guys happy now?

Are you guys happy now?

Looks like the Subaru BRZ ts/Sri version of the BRZ is happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/honda-s2000-short-take-road-test-specs-page-2
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2017-fiat-124-spider-abarth-vs-2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-club-comparison-test-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4
media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1130/1/subaru-debuts-limited-edition-wrx-sti-type-ra
jalopnik.com/the-track-ready-subaru-brz-ts-is-coming-to-america-but-1795920343
motortrend.com/news/subaru-brz-ts-first-drive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im never happy

Do you want to fugg

>same outdated slow ass engine
Totally happy.

yes please

I'm legitimately angry about this.
>tease us with a BRZ captioned "#STI"
>give us this bullshit with absolutely zero power gains

better brakes
wing
useless aero
grr angry headlights
no more than 240 hp
calling it right now

I was joking about Subaru giving us 210HP, but I guess no HP gain is less insulting than +5 HP gain.

You're deluded if you think 240HP is even a possibility.

100% accurate.

>240hp
implying it wont have an ecoboosted ls rotary diesel

>240 hp
It'll be no more than 210, my dude.

I'd buy one if there was a hatch like the actual 86.

>it's another tarted up aero kit and big brakes

Yeah I'll just buy a 15+ used non base in a few years

I'm going to laugh hard at when the STI version is like 35k. A brz limited is almost 28k.

I'd actually be happy with the output if they just bored/stroked the FA20 a bit, tuned out the torque dip, and made it flow better. Even just +10hp and +20trq would be fine, enough to make it faster than an S2K or RX8.

Still too much to hope for though.

>just +10hp and +20trq would be fine, enough to make it faster than an S2K
Wut?
BRZ
>2,793lbs
>205bhp
13.6lb/hp
and
>2793
>215bhp
13lb/hp

S2000
>2,855lbs
>237bhp
12lb/hp

You'd need more than 10 extra horsepowers to match an S2000's power to weight ratio, you'd need 27.

The s2k was so lacking in the torque department that a Miata keeps up with it.

Cmon I know the S2000 is just as much of a notorque hairdresser's car as a miata but that's retardedly false
S2000 1/4mi 14.1@97mph caranddriver.com/reviews/honda-s2000-short-take-road-test-specs-page-2

New miata 14.8@93mph caranddriver.com/comparisons/2017-fiat-124-spider-abarth-vs-2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-club-comparison-test-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4

>Muh tractor RPM's

>miata fanboy wishing his shitbox was as fast as a slightly better shitbox
Shouldn't you be at a gay bar right now or something?

>a few simple mods

This car may suck but it should be teaching all carmakers a lesson. Rear drive, manual trans, affordable. I can't believe companies don't get this

Toyota Corolla? Rear wheel drive and stick? Potential.
Nissan versa? Rear wheel drive and stick? Potential.
Chevrolet Sonic? Rear wheel drive, stick, and maybe a 2dr? Potential.

Unless they're selling it with a engine swap of your choice its going to be a fucking joke.

Stop benchracing. A Miata ND is provably faster than a S2000 around Tsukaba despite failing your little test. There are hundreds of little factors besides peak numbers that add up to make a car faster, from gearing to stability control to pedal placement etc etc etc. A new BRZ has 15 years of technology on the S2K.

>Stop benchracing. A Miata ND is provably faster than a S2000 around Tsukaba
>Stop benchracing
>muh tsukaba lap times

>Stop benchracing.
>faster around Tsukaba

>Implying any of these cars would be as much of a success as they have been if they were rwd

weow we got an austist in here.

>Even just +10hp and +20trq would be fine, enough to make it faster than an S2K

>comparing with AP1

At least show the full list of laptimes. They're relatively evenly matched, but the S2000 is a better platform regardless

News flash: different cars will have differing times on different courses.

I'm about to start seeing these around seattle with like 30 asians standing next to em smoking cigarettes trying to look cool, dont forget the hella flush stance cancer.

It will be a STI body kit with wheels and that's it..

>brz sti

still not as fast as a eco boost mustang. kek

All you're literally getting in this """""""STi""""""""" trim is a few STi badges and some black wheels.

Don't even bother getting excited. It'll be fucking nothing. This car will forever be a giant meme.

A Miata does not keep up with an S2K, what type of bs is this

You dumbfuck benchracers, it's obvious that an S2000 would be faster than a WRX based on its specs and notoriety for its good handling and cornering, but comparing these laptimes is just as dumb as comparing the specs and notoriety. The laptimes are completely meaningless unless set in the exact same conditions by the same driver. Tires are a further variable, put an S2000 and a BRZ on equivalent modern performance tires and the S2000's performance relative to the BRZ may increase further or it may reach the limits of the stock suspension and the BRZ may do better. Muh lap times is a stupid benchracing move, unless there's a significant difference between the lap times little can be gleaned from comparing them. For example, anything less than a double digit difference in seconds on a nurburgring lap is totally meaningless. The track is so long that even with perfect driving the weather alone can add up to several seconds.

OP here. I've made a horrible mistake.

media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1130/1/subaru-debuts-limited-edition-wrx-sti-type-ra

>5hp increase
>carbon fiber roof
>same brakes and suspension that were on that one yellow brz, I'm pretty sure
>other than that just a big spoiler and STI wheels
>only 500 will be made
>$36k or more

>105hp increase
Ftfy

Hatch increases the weight by about 100lbs.

>5hp increase

That's fucking hilarious

Wow, your reading comprehension is for shit you know.

Too bad its a halo car that will be over priced and none of us will ever get their hands on or afford. So it doesn't exist unless you have bags of money.

>type RA
>stands for "record attempt"

Yeah, and it's going to stay an attempt. I mean, I don't really like Honda and think the Type R looks awful, but at least they put some fucking effort into it.

>new pistons, stronger block, new downpipe, +5hp
>meanwhile a Focus RS still offers 350hp

Yeah and the RS overheats after a couple laps on the track

Powered by a 2.5-liter turbocharged BOXER engine, the limited edition WRX STI Type RA increases horsepower to an estimated 310hp with the help of an STI-specified new cold air intake and high flow performance exhaust.

>310hp

You forgot the worst part. It's a Ford

500 units coming in at $45K+

>Focus RS Limited gets 1500 units

Ford wins again

Well sti had a good run. Won't be buying another one.

So when do we find out exactly what the new BRZ will have? End of today?

See It's on the same page as the Type RA stuff. No extra power, just handling and styling changes.

good post

Reminder that in 2004 mitsubishi released a 411 hp . fuck subaru

jalopnik.com/the-track-ready-subaru-brz-ts-is-coming-to-america-but-1795920343
It ain't getting a turbo buddy.

Epic.
Simply epic.
I'm actually pretty upset about the BRZ. I knew it'd just be the tS that japan had in limited quantities, but instead of being limited and more expensive it'd be full production and just a couple grand over 30.
But fucking NOPE LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION RUN AGAIN, EXCEPT IN AMERICA THIS TIME.
Reminder that MT reviewed the car two years ago and estimated it to be around 36k in the states.
motortrend.com/news/subaru-brz-ts-first-drive/
Would you pay 36k for a fucking BRZ?
Fuck Subie and fuck their fanboys who allow the company to pull shit like this and know it'll still sell cause it has a shitload of STI stickers on every panel and part.

A normal GT86 can keep up with cars 3x price on a track with just upgraded tires. This adds some of the best summer tires and suspension work. Next step is just added power for the straights.

>Powered by a 2.5-liter turbocharged BOXER engine, the limited edition WRX STI Type RA increases horsepower to an estimated 310hp with the help of an STI-specified new cold air intake and high flow performance exhaust.

Sorry bro that's the wrx sti type ra - no performance improvements were mentioned for the BRZ

WTF is the point of slapping the STI badge on there if it's just going to be some ricer shit and no turbo.

Wow gratz you bought a riced brz for probably close to 40k that you'll still match at stoplight racing to a brz/frs built years ago that is almost half the price.

Toyota partnering with Subaru was a mistake, can you imagine if Toyota slapped a Camry V6 in the 86?

THINGS THE BRZ DIDN'T NEED
>upgraded/stiffer suspension
>lighter wheels
>a large wing
>higher cost

THINGS THE BRZ DID NEED
>more power
>better styling (subjective)

THINGS THE BRZts GOT
>[see "things it didn't need"]

THINGS THE BRZts DIDN'T GET
>[see "things it needed"]

What a lump of coal. In June, no less

I'm scared to click on that image because 90% of Shimakaze art is disgusting futa shit

I saw the proto car driving around South Ann Arbor near their R&D building. It was...Neat. It's going to be overpriced, but it's neat!

And will kill the sales of real STis...perfect

Why the fuck won't Toyota/Subaru just make a Si/STI version of this car? Legit curious, anyone that's business savvy got a reason why? Development costs? They feel the market for it is too small?

I just feel like it's such a joke that Subaru/Toyota doesn't just acknowledge it. I'd respect them going "We just don't feel like it needs any more power and won't make a more powerful version" but this constant tease of "Look at what we did, gave it a shit load more powe- JUST KIDDING HERE'S A FUCKING BUS-STOP-BENCH-SIZED WING FUCKERS" is just stupid

>Real Stis

Fuck you with your ugly family sedan, we want a real sports car.

>if they just bored/stroked the FA20 a bit
Bore and stroke is 86mm, they're not gonna change it, ever.

it would take away from wrx sti sales

Doesn't the market consist mostly of ricers and middle-aged women who want a car that looks sporty. The ricers just tune it themselves (hence the new RC spec version) and the soccer moms don't care.

Are those Brembos the same as on the WRX or will they fit with the stock wheels? I want to upgrade the brakes on my 86, but none of the calipers worth installing require 18 inch wheels and I have 2 sets of expensive tires on 2 sets of 17 inch rims.

Will Chrysler release an SRT Pacifica to compete?

The brz never was or will be a sports car, kid. Get a stang or a maro if you want a "sports car"

>The Return of the Turbo Caravan

I could only wish.