Which would you get and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_of_Europe
youtube.com/watch?v=b_CXoPdTBUE
youtube.com/watch?v=8tEqwXrqzH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ST I like ford

Civic Si = 205hp
Focus ST = 250hp (MP275 kit is warrantied by Ford, so 275hp with that)

HP isn't everything but that's definitely a big enough difference

its a 1.5 liter running 20psi, I don't expect much from it.

The one with four-wheel drive.

So then none of them?

Yup.

Focus. I don't want some ugly jap ricebox.

civic I dislike ford

>$25,000 on a fugly shitbox
I'd just buy an FD if I wanted a $25,000 shitbox

Id take the civic but if that was a focus rs, would rather have that.

>Fix or repair daily

same. RS > Type R

Some of us don't want to sit in 20 years of the previous onwers' farts

Some of us aren't autistic germophobes and would rather have a fun fast shitty car then an ugly slow shitty car

I'd save until I could afford a Mustang gt

>he likes old farts

The superior car

Holy shit is it really cranked up that high?

The focus because it's not pigfat and ugly

I know I'll have less problems with the Honda so I'll go with that.

Do you prefer fresh farts?

The ST is like 200 pounds heavier I think

.....buy a new seat...

>what is a vacuum
>what is upholstery cleaner

>Civic Si: 38 mpg highway/28 mpg city
>Focus ST: 30 mpg highway/22 mpg city

I'm liking the Si's gas mileage.

this is the only solution desu

ITT: Cars that look like shit.

>A neutered Honda that's a shadow of it's high-revving N/A past
>A gaudy Ford that screams for attention (and imo has an ugly interior).

Meh, I've always been a GTI guy. Sure it's not perfect either, but it's pros line up with my desires, and it's cons are irrelevant.

>not buying a car with leather
farts don't stay in leather.

neither because they both look like fish.

Ford, because I just can't get excited about a Civic, no matter what type.

I wonder if there will be a solution to the Si's reported rev hang.

Neither. Both look like hot garbage. All these fake aero lines, and fuke huge scoops and vents. You'd think they have an 800 hp mill under the hood. Until you hit the go pedal that is.

exactly. Chassis dynamics are better in every way.

That's right user, I like ugly American ricebox.

Just recently test drove the new Civic, but it was the EX not the SI. I will say that the new Civic is great, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It feels like a true return to form for the name. The interior felt snug, tight, and a bit small, but in that good 'ole 90s way of feeling like there isn't any extra space to be wasted. The handling felt like the Civic's of old as well, nice and tight. The engine itself was peppy so moving from A to B felt smooth and the set-up felt more lightweight that the last several generations which I'm sure added to the feeling. As expected of any Honda it felt well made and the pieces felt quality (thankfully didn't have to test the air-bag though). I applaud Honda for pushing back against the "melted-soap, everything must 'feel' like a luxurious ride, people mover" zeitgeist that's been plaguing the auto industry for the last decade or so and saying, "No, we're going to make the Civic a fun entry-level car for budding enthusiasts again like it was in the 90s. If people want a normal commuter car, they should buy the accord. It makes no sense to have the Civic and Accord be the same car just in different sizes."

That's my take on it anyway. I'm sure the FoST is nice too, though.

Ford because Honda only makes shit heaps.

People with this attitude are the worst types of people who identify as car enthusiasts.

I already have the FoST, so that.

I used to own Honda's they haven't made anything good since around 2008, it's really disappointing.

Needs more dramatism

Jesus why are those headlights so ugly
Did people just forget how to design cars after 2010?

Focus
>doesnt look like ass
>AWD
>more power

I heard that honda's tend to hold their value so drive out the warranty and trade up probably, plus I live in downriver michigan so focus ST's are over-picked anyway

the focus is fwd retard

>mfw non glorious 2-door fiesta for american market
guess I'll save for a base mustang or something

The Focus.

Civics are shit.

Styling is an afterthought to aero and pedestrian safety in [current year]. Because all cars in a given segment would look nearly exactly the same if the ideal formula of aero and pedestrian safety standards were followed, designers can't deviate from the prescribed shape at all and instead must differentiate their cars by making stupid looking grilles, wildly exaggerated angry eyes headlights, and adding random creases and "styling lines" to the bodywork.

see

I thought it was RS

It's clearly not an rs.

Modern metallurgy, 20psi is the new 10psi

It has a restrictive head though. Port it and give it a tune for serious power gains

I don't even really consider honda an option for anything sporty. You're lying to yourself if you do

t. someone who hasn't driven either cars

Neither

i own an ST and I've been in several civics and driven a few boy

lol

The Ford, because I like Fords better than Honda, and they have a better reputation for good design and reliability.

I'm actually considering the ST as my next car.

Blue covers up the bad lines a bit and makes the accents stand out. The amount of fake plastic around the brake ducts is still awfully bad though.

One thing that surprised me: I thought this car would be around 3200lbs or so (since it looks bloated af and similar to the WRX/Focus RS). Turns out it's only 2900lbs, which is actually pretty good. That's 150lbs more than a BRZ but with 4 doors/hatchback/twice the torque.

>4 doors/hatchback/twice the torque
and over 100 more HP

Civic, LSD, better interior, better engine.
That 205 is underrated, a Civic EX with CVT beat a 2015 Civic Si

call me rice but this looks sick
still wouldnt buy tho

I'd rather drive a fwd civic than a piece of shit ford

So you're a fanboy. The new Civic just hit the streets and you think you know all about it because you drove your friends '06 Si with a katana shifter

The Focus. European designs and builds are better than anything else.

For the triggered Ameritards thinking legends like the Fiesta and Focus are Muri-inbred:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_of_Europe

Everyone bitches about the new Civics being bloated but they're actually lighter than the last gen as well as most of the competition while having a bigger, nicer interior, and a turbocharged engine

But Veeky Forums kiddies think they're experts because they saw some pictures on the internet

prove to me it isn't a dull lifeless piece of shit compared to the competitors man

How can one prove that over the internet? You need to drive it person

Guess that's kind of hard when most people here have bus passes and not driver's licenses

Pic related or The focus is really cramped inside and I'm not a huge fan of Hondas. Plus I love two door hatches.

ride the bus to my house and we'll go to a honda dealer. you'll have to walk the last 3 miles since buses don't run all the way into my area

Nah I live in the middle of nowhere, sadly I'll need to use my car

I would drive both, and a Fiesta ST and a GTI, then decide which one I liked the best.

Maybe throw the 500 Abarth and Veloster in the there for the hell of it.

>Veloster
Spoilers: it sucks

>Civic is ugly and pigfat
>Focus is old

I'll take the Peugeot 308 GT.

>civic
>feeling lighter
>the heaviest civic yet
>biggest civic yet, but uses interior space so poorly that it feels small
>engine is yet another turbo 4
Oh yeah, a real return to form

So you work at honda, and it's about 2013. You know the Si has been falling behind in its segment, largely due to weight gain and minimal power gains, but you're holding some traction because your engines have a cult following.
Do you:
Try to improve the engine that already has a strong following and a unique character
Or
Do you make a new motor that is extremely similar to all of your competitors, except you have to run 20lbs of boost to make the same power your old engine made, thus making it a poor choice for tuners unlike your competitors

Or C
Put aside the Si, and focus on the Type R.

Si has always been the slightly better shitbox

Neither because theyre both shite

>tfw own an old Type R
>best part is the engine
>everything has a turbo now
Progress is shit.

I know but better to learn first hand rather than be left wondering.

Cars are too heavy now

The new Type R is lighter than the old one

Well then its a business decision mainly. Failed turbos means more money

Do you still live in the 80s? Ford's meme boost engines have gone well over 400k miles without rebuilds. So reliable turbo engines are totally doable in this day and age on passenger gassers

Honda wins customers by making reliable cars so they're more likely to buy more in the future. They're not going to alienate customers and push them away to other brands by making unreliable junk

>memeboost engines have gone over 400k miles without rebuilds

Any sources for that?

Not shitposting, I actually have an ST and that would give me some peace of mind. I heard carbon build-up was a problem so I was planning on doing oil changes every 6000km and using seafoam every 2nd oil change.

I lied it was actually 200k miles, I was thinking about the 400k mile NSX for so e reason

Still pretty fucking impressive
youtube.com/watch?v=b_CXoPdTBUE

youtube.com/watch?v=8tEqwXrqzH4

Watch this series, even though it's marketing filled.

these people are nasty i don't use seats

Will the Type R be FWD or AWD?

>pigfat vape-mobile

That's pretty hard. The civic is fatter than a pregnant sow, but I don't really like the focus either. I would probably go with the focus in the end because murrica though.

If I bought a new car I'd have to work for Uber or Lyft to help with the payments.

Which (OP) car do you think would get me better tips?

The Civic is several hundred pounds lighter

>Uber or Lyft
>tips
That's not how it works

I was really meaning relatively to what I expect from a civic.

It's lighter than the last gen Civic too, even with the turbo, and yet bigger on the inside with a much nicer interior

I haven't liked the civic since gen 7 really