Chainmail

>chainmail

>"chainmail"

"maille"

People add "chain" to it to clarify they mean the armor and not letters and packages sent by post. And nobody uses that faggy spelling with two l's and and e except nerds.

>platemail

weeew

>People add "chain" to it to clarify they mean the armor and not letters and packages sent by post.

In what context would such a clarification be necessary?

>bastard sword

But there is also postal chain mail

> hey guys I made this really neat armor
> haha, it's like I'm a fish!
> one problem though, if the enemy stabs in an upward thrust it's completely useless!
> haha

>steel mesh

Not him, but just managing to stab a guy in a forward thrust is difficult enough. Provided he was leaning towards you in a combat stance, it would require actually grappling with him to get a blade stabbing upwards, which means you'd have to place yourself within his reach. I personally would place my bet on the guy with the spoon armour.

The rounded spoons would be fantastic at causing points to glance, no? Seems pretty cool to me.

LORICA SPUNATA

that's cool as fuck. i'll make one if i find out where to find enough cheap spoons.

He has chain underneath

Yeah those rare cheap spoons... good luck, bro!

>that's cool as fuck. i'll make one if i find out where to find enough cheap spoons.

Restaurant supply company, you can probably get a butt-load of spoons for a few cents each.

Actually a thing.

Refers to hand & half swords.

Its when RPG nerds use it to call straight up two-handers that shit gets retarded.

>throwing stars

Thats just called a longsword dummy

My understanding of a bastard sword is a short longsword which equally adequate for one or two handed use though doesn't excel in either. A standard longsword could be used one handed but is too heavy fence with.

Longsword also covers single-handers dumdum.

so it's a medium sword?