/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Read the thread edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Read the last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=721
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first

>it's a "castle walls everybody in" episode

I have 25k what should I buy
>Caveira
>Blackbeard

Thanks to whoever pointed me in the direction of "Webm for retards". Not as easy to get working as I'd hope with a name like that but it's probably my goofy-ass resolution that caused most of the issues.

Echo

I already have echo and he sucks dick

You are welcome.

That is a silly webm. I am glad I called you a retard, retard.

Also, I'm an ultrawidebro, too.

No fear. No shame. Post all of the webms.

>Be me
>Absolute garbage at game
>Still have fun because of gadgets and Seige's overall feel
>Despite trying to be a loner friends repeatedly invite me to games, assuring me my K/D doesn't matter
>3 games later "Dude what's up with that KD? Can't you play?"
>This cycle continues every day
Why am I here? Just to suffer?

Xth for Toxinia confirmed tr8tor

use your drones dork

Does Blackbeard/Vlakyrie also have one of these HD pictures? I wanna get a cool line up of all the American operators

>win game
>everyone leaves
Stop doing this

Mostly just wanted to test the webm program and needed something

what I usually do
>lock to 30fps
>resize to something reasonable
>set to constant bitrate
>see how high I can get it without breaking filesize limit

Go down to 720 vert, keep it under 15 seconds.

Use the HQ option.

Set the restriction to "2.95"

how did you get back into the room???

No, but you can possibly make your own from the asset packs in the guide

Read the filename.

I'm royalty.

It was lag, I guess. Not sure how it happened. Rubberbanded back to a place that I couldn't have been after that shot.

caveira must be removed immediately from the game

Okay, I tried bucks other gun, the c8 something and I love it too. How do I pick between his two guns?

take the c8 because dmrs will never be good in this game

it's a shitty gun but at least it isn't a dmr

c8's great, remember to always use ACOG

>Tfw autism into picking my fav operator on whom to get good with
>operator gun too ugly
>too short ( Doc is 5'9)
>Shit country
>shit lore (Jackal is Arab from Spain, Ash the Jew)
>operator is useless in ranked (probably the most important one)
>right down to the where the country the gun is made from
Anyone else have autism on what their oneitis should have?

>Usually get top of scoreboard on my team
>Lose literally every game anyway no matter how hard I try

What the fuck is the point in trying?

Have you tried having fun?

I'm on a 3440x1440 monitor so I had to downsize pretty hard to Veeky Forums's limits (2048 max width, did a quick math to get whatever the corresponding height is at 21:9)
Framerate is locked at 30
I haven't touched the bitrate

I've been doing 3MB file size. Any particular reason to do 2.95 instead?

Also, out of curiosity, is there any difference in quality between having the downsize occur when exporting from my shitty video editor vs exporting at full size and then having the webm program do it?

Trying the 720 vert out now. Selected the fuck out of those street signs.

Set the bitrate to (8192 * ) / length of frame in seconds
I'm surprised at the amount of people who just trial and error it over and over again to get a filesize just below 3mb. If the file size is too large which shouldn't happen lower the resolution a little, keep the aspect ratio though.
Also please remember to do 2-pass encoding and high quality mode, it makes it look much nicer

Sledge my dude

>590 shotgun is gorgeous (dat heat shield unf)
>6 foot 3 inches tall
>white country
>good lore
>always has a place in ranked

Blackbeard is very fun

>white country
Why does this matter at all?

stop playing with randos

>I haven't touched the bitrate
From my experience variable bitrate tends to make absurdly large files which is why I don't use it.
>I've been doing 3MB file size. Any particular reason to do 2.95 instead?
It's not very good at staying under the set filesize.
>Also, out of curiosity, is there any difference in quality between having the downsize occur when exporting from my shitty video editor vs exporting at full size and then having the webm program do it?
Depends on the editor I would think, IIRC webm tool uses ffmpeg which is going to be better than any editor.

because white is right

I thought about him but
he doesn't have the cool AR33 that Thatcher has
but I hear the L3 or w/e might be loads better. Me typing this out I actually feel pretty silly about it lmao

But user, losing isnt fun

In your equation there, whats the unit on file size limit? kb or mb?

Then you must accept that you'll be not having fun approximately 50% of the time you play, likely more like 70% because you'll be frustrated even if you manage to win.

Well, in Webm For Retards, it specifically says "MiB" which is mebibytes.

I could be wrong, but I believe Veeky Forums's limit is 3 MB, megabytes.

1,048,576 vs 1,000,000

Mb
So in this case for Veeky Forums your bitrate would just be 24576 / time in seconds.

BB

Still a powerhouse if you play in right

Damn sometimes it cuts these things fuckin early.

Gonna have to experiment some more with the settings.

actually shit that turned out to be an almost perfect loop haha

L3 is the second best gun in the game.

SMG-11 is the best.

L-Like I said im an aesthetics fag. The L3 looks horrible!

I usually feed the raw capture data through Handbrake first before feeding it into Webm for Bakas, I find that it helps immensely with the size/quality ratio. Any other compression program would work too
Have fun with making webms, user! Make sure they actually show decent gameplay before dumping them on the general though

r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=721

We can never go back from this.
Personally I'm okay with that.

yeah now that I'm getting a better understanding of the program I'm not gonna shitpost lame stuff.

What's handbrake do exactly? Are you just using it as a straight compressor to reduce the filesize without changing anything else?

Yeah, it helps compress the data just so that it takes less room. Raw capture data is pretty consuming

?????

... is actually genuinely upsets me.

any US nigs on who are gold and up?

I'm US, Ive never played ranked but I'm probably plat or diamond for sure.

>Playing ranked

It's like you want to get upset.

lol

:)))
I was Gold1 last night but kept getting set against the same group for 3hours and now I'm silver2, winning this game should get me silver1 lol
kill me

I feel that im kinda okay to join you guys

What the fuck, which group I should join? I just join any group that is not 5 or something like that?

if they dont have 5, join and ask. If they dont reply, wait for the round to end. If your fine with waiting you can join a full squad and wait. Or just make your own

cool, are people trashing on accents? I have an Spaniard accent.

No, unless you sound like kermit the frog

I'm good then.

what am I supposed to be taking away from this

You what

no, but you can get banned for hurting the admins feelings

?

why I would do that?

Name 1 (ONE) Person that got banne for hurting someones feelings

It does not matter what you do. There are no rules. If the admin feels a certain way, he can ban you. That is how it works.

The question is not, "why would I do that?"

The question is, "how can I avoid it?"

And the answer is: you can only by the grace of god.

Multi and Poomulus in recent memory. But remember we are talking about a Teamspeak that claims to dislike Reddit, yet deletes anime avatars and can't handle banter.

Anybody got info on which operators are picked for high level?

Multi and Poomulus aren't banned and Avatars haven't been deleted in over 2 months now

Also

>getting triggered by deletetion of anime avatars

Nigger you're retarded, Multi and Poomulus are literaly in the teamspeak right now

>deletes anime avatars
"no"

Subject doesnt need to be talked about. Back to seige

Multi was banned yesterday and Poomulus was banned the day before. The tense of the verb "ban" is past tensed in my usage. This means that I am referring to action that has happened. Would you argue in front of a judge that the murder your client committed is not incriminating as it is no longer occurring?

Multi was banned yesterday, check the ban logs. And Poomulus the day before yesterday.

I get that you guys want to have your cake and eat it too. However, in order to be principled you have to be principled. You can either handle banter or you downvote it away. In this case, the admins downvote.

t. multi

i checked the logs you only got banned for 4 fucking seconds for being afk

Official list of useless or detrimental operators
Castle
Mira
Echo
IQ

PROVE ME WRONG

Multi was banned for 2 days: reason ((((diamond))))

>tfw admin's ego is determined by yours and others internet points

Who did the ban?

AverageBanana
and his lover
Hoesof

IQ has good guns and is a 3 speed and counters Pulse and Valk which have high pick rate and Echo but he shouldnt be picked. Also replaces Twitch and Thatcher on certain objectives

Castle is actualy useful with Ranked round timers and a cordinated team

You're right about Mira and Echo though

I don't think castle is worthless but if you pick him you have to have mute and probably also Jager so it's pretty fucking niche. IQs gadget is useless unless it's biohazard/bomb and you never found the objective but her guns are good, she's 3 speed, and she has frags. Not as tactically useful but she's one of my go-to operators when I'm solo queuing casual and nobody wants to talk/work together.

Choke on some bullets brah

Everyone is talking about TeamSpeak drama horseshit when this is a thing.

Quit being a nigger and it won't happen to you. People get banned for sperging out and blaming others when they do jack shit themselves.

Best op to counter Jaeger and Bandit spawn peeking faggots? I've used Cap with the M249 but I suck ass with the crossbow

Honestly, positioning. Don't run out in the open like a retard. They're usually the only ones spawn peeking so if your team takes the first cover available to them, it becomes 5v1 and the jag either dies in a hail of gunfire (as well as a slew of shit talk from his team I'm sure) or he backs off and leaves you alone. If you're trying to break the land speed record getting out of spawn and to the building, yeah, you're gonna be exposed.

>counter Jaeger and Bandit spawn peeking faggots?
Note when Defenders rush away from the objecctive during the drone phase. Always assume someone is peaking. Use caution.

>Plane
>Defenders already have LoS and position advantage as soon as drone phase ends
Dude what

Fifteen years of education at least and you do not see the inherent problem with the solution you have presented.

>Quit being a nigger
I am not black
>it won't happen to you
You can't guarantee that. You do not know that. If you do know that, can you prove it?
>People get banned for sperging out
You are being disingenuous. Others have been banned for other reasons, such as using someone's real name in a stream populated by solely the teamspeak minus two (2) people.
>blaming others when they do jack shit themselves
Multi did not blame others for anything. If he did, prove it.

So we can conclude that anyone using the Teamspeak can be banned for any reason. The administration can determine any definition for a "sperg out", thus having the ability to ban at their discretion, meaning that saying they suck after they said you suck could constitute a "sperg out". When you leave the rules intentionally ambiguous you are only serving those in power. I would warn anyone looking to join the Teamspeak to not go against the administration if they want to continue using the Teamspeak. The administration is thin-skinned and prefers their worldview to go unchallenged.

What don't you understand? He gave general information to your general question. If you can't figure out how to apply that to a different scenario than plane, then you are pretty inflexible.

Last time I played that map, attackers spawned behind big ass emergency vehicles. Besides, worst case scenario, it's plane and the whole defending team is peeking. It's now a 5v5, attackers have WAY better guns for the range, none of defenses gadgets are useful, and most of all, Glaz exists and since it's plane, has probably been picked. Still not looking good for defense, again assuming the attackers don't hold a track and field competition on the tarmac

Calling someone a nigger doesn't mean they're black. Its merely an enhancement to an insult.

I think it's to do with the holes in the wall. I was playing the other day and there was a person sized holr you could run through, but every time you tried your go a few metres then bounce back to the other side of the wall.

I think the game just gets confused sometimes.

How do i git gud?