/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got partook on
>1.32 regulation
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229394242499

>Dark Souls III Design Works
mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/167638
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/164587
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-bg-rmEF4
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/167647
youtube.com/watch?v=CLlfhrP7t_A
youtube.com/watch?v=HyWa2OE_W30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stone Dragon is best Souls waifu.

I need help with Nameless King. PS4
pass is jinkies if anyone's down.

Alright. Give me a few to set up

I am playing DS3 again - third time, and first time with both DLCs. At what level should i enter each DLC, and what's the ideal max level for pvp in general at the moment ? Also i am going for a STR build with mainly 2h swords (hollowslayer greatsword at the moment). I beat the deacons last night, still pretty lowbie - would love any tips

>start a new souls game for the first time
>this time I'll go through it blind!
>10 hours later make the mistake of coming here
>instantly lose all will to play since I accidentally placed 2 stat points too much somewhere, or have been upgrading a weapon that isnt the most meta, and everyone else seems to be rolling half-naked with a club while I'm using some knight set with sword and board
>stop playing or enjoying the game
Every time without fail.

>using exectute-tioner greatsword on my 15 faith, 66 STR build

>can just top up health with weapon art chime and replenishment

>get heaps of FP back everytime I kill something with the host

I've literally gone from the mausoleum lookout with the dudearrowslmao section, to being at the PARTAKING festival and still have 6 estus

This build is fucking comfy

start ariandel sl80 and you have good time

Nth for Crucifix is a really fun weapon

Does executioner have some special effect?

Reminder that Dark shills are invading our thread. Reminder that worshipping the sun is still completely good and righteous. Reminder that Gwyn was a hero. Reminder that the Sun's radiance is a beautiful hymn of peace and holy purification. Reminder that filthy sorcerers and practitioners of Dark magic including Pyromancy must be put to death on sight, with no chance of defending themselves or explaining any innocence. Use of these magics is an instant death penalty and the degenerates that shy away from the Suns holy radiance are a threat to any being with any right to exist. You are not welcome, you must be destroyed.

Praise be to Lord Gwyn and Praise be to the everlasting age of Fire!

Welcome to /dsg/ where using low tier equipment means you're a pleb and you should use meta weapons like all the pros.

t. sunlight maggot

>pick up 20 hundred fucking follower gloves
>just need the helm to complete the set
grinding for fashion wardrobe completion is always a fucking chore

FOOOOOOOLIIISHNEEEEEEESS

>blaming the thread for your own lack of skill and creativity

>finally defeat a boss after dying 30 times
>half of /dsg/ beat him at SL1 NG+7 on their first try

it has an evil eye ring effect, but for fp, each enemy killed in the world regens FP

it's also why it's a 10/10 mound maker weapon

>that square jaw

You probably could if this were DaS2.

how i would allocate my stats for a 27/60 str faith build and what starting class would be the best?

post good and unique fits

What is even the point of being a Spear of the Church after the nerf. I got to rank 3 and I'm done until they undo their shitty nerf that ruined it. Being summoned into a fight against fours dudes with no reliable way to regain health just isn't any fucking fun at all. I may as well just invade in the regular DLC areas for the exact same exact experience.

Knight, put points into attunement, then VIG and END. There's no point in having a tiny FP bar when you're investing 60 points on FTH

What weapon are you gonna use? Miracles?

Thanks.
I'm on my fucking phone's net, and I was terrified you'd drop. NK and Friede have been kicking me around for a while.

I still remember the guy with the dual Executioners, he'd get double the FP per kill in the host's world even though it was just a cosplay item.

Does anybody have that Sorcery guide image

I think it's about time I made my second character

Dark Souls 2 was fun, comfy, and my rose tinted goggles are really going crazy due to losing 700 hours of gameplay on it for characters that I will never get to play on again.

Majula was so fucking comfy, man.

>GAxe rolling attack out of neutral

wait what

No worries

This one hombre?

oh hey I use the same fashion with my doors

Yeah that's the one, thanks bro

Did they really need to nerf the speed of the spears?
They feel so...meh now.

It was a shit game get over it

Man, being an Int char sounds like ass.

>watchdogs twink
>equip smough's armor & blood bandit's dagger
>with +3 rings, equip load is 98%
>can still quick step

goddamn why is this so funny to me

I also need help on the Nameless King, anybody on PC willing to help me out? Pass is dsg, just put your sign at the Great Belfry bonfire.

thank you god if you exist

for blessing me with the scissor guy meme

i hope that people a millennia from now will have a database of all the memes ever made so they too, can kek

how do I make faith viable

>hosts can switch to WoB mid invasion

might has well have made a summon 'help consumable'

>losing
how

it works for a nordic warrior slut don't be a fagggot

don't you like nordic warrior sluts

youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI

handmaiden's dagger would be so fucking sweet if only you could buff it

at least we have a crying midget on a stick

lightning arrow, lightning stake, projected heal, infused weapon when they fix that shit or a raw weapon with lightning blade. mostly lightning arrow though not gonna lie

It's fun when the blue is a cool dude and just throws prism stones with you while the host is panicking against mobs

I just started a sorc yesterday and muled over the damage boost rings and a court sorcerer staff. From level 15 or so I've been doing way more damage than phantoms I summoned or host who summon me. I just pumped INT until sl 50 and now I'm hitting 60 INT and can almost one shot players if I catch them with soul spear while ambushing them with obscure ring.

I also have been burning down bosses since vordt except for Sage. Fuck Sage.

Can't wait to get soul stream tomorrow.

>want to level a faith character
>faith is god awful early game
>quit

every

fucking

time

Nah its high damage from the start if you only level int and have the 2 dragon rings.

I'm here

just inject lol

>sun bro on anor londo
>blue red spirit invades
>can't be killed, shoots us with harmless crystal burst things
>slaps me once with a sword and I die from curse instantly

The hell just happened

Oh shit I forgot to boot my game, gimme a few

wtf is the significance of the usurpation of fire?
is it the canon one or the ending of fire?

Yeah I made a midgame Sorc twink and its been a hoot. I don't have the Sage Ring +2 on it so that kind of sucks,but Obscuring Ring is a nice substitute.

where's collage ?

Just play an ez build until you can go and retrait at Rosaria

posted this in the wrong thread i guess
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/167638
is this ok?

No prob, I'll wait

replenishment/ blessed weapon/ regen ring/ regen shield

or just tears of denail with raw dsa

>Make your new character
>Go through game with Raw Broadsword and just vit gouging till you're at the end of the game.
>Rosaria your build to be more along the lines of what you wanted originally
>Leveled up without restricting yourself
>?????
>Profit

Anyone on PC willing to give me a simple infused weapon, hopefully something like a parrying dagger?
any weapon with under 9 str and 20 dex that can be simple would work, really

If you haven't played Demon's Souls you're not a true souls fan and you're pretty much subhuman

Honestly though that gets boring as fuck. Basically the first 2/3's of Dark Souls 3 is a fucking slog. I just rush Painted World for the variety now.

At the start. Things start turning around once you get to Irythill, and you become a god once you get to Grand Archives.

Keep your shields up boys

You need more than one? I can come too.

wrath of the gods is a meme and it isn't good even with unfaltering prayer. I think you could find a way to save some spell slots so you don't have to use the darkmoon ring. I think 45/45 is the standard cap as well, but I'm not sure what the damage difference is

thank you! yes i would love to mess around with buffs and miracles. to be honest i'm not sure what other weapons would be good to use apart from the crucifix

For pvp i use sage+2, bellowing, chloranthy, and obscuring.

For pve, i swap with dusk crown ring, and damage boosy rings.

I just killed dsa with maybe 6 to 8 direct spell hits or so and most were just soul arrows

>Stopped playing for 6 months and just finished the first DLC
>Do some arena while waiting for the second DLC to finish
>Fight some guy with a very strange 2h hammer which has somehow the moveset of a halberd
>Fight goes on when he suddenly do some weird thing like smashing his hammer(halberd?) on the ground
>It suddenly explode and kill him

What the fuck just happened?

>tfw fell for the 360 meme

Raw Drakeblood Greatsword is pretty cool.

Newbie to Dark Souls 3 here. Can someone explain the difference between dark magic and pyromancy?

From what I understand, they both use the exact same stat investment; faith and int. Why is this?

Which is fine and I agree with you. I still do it that way anyways despite how boring it gets because I can't be bothered dealing with the early game. I get my enjoyment from the game once my character is finished and I'm co-op'ing end game bosses and PvP'ing/invading people with my finished build. But as I said, you're right about it being a slog.

Was ring of steel protection fixed?

don't do this actually play your build

what you should do is invest the BARE MINIMUM of melee stats you feel you can beat the game with

and with faith you can actually get away with base vigor because of tears combined with regen

hackerman.jpg

I don't think I've ever lost to someone using Shield of Want in the arena
It's the sign of a shit player

From the sound of things

No I agree with you. I honestly can't have fun with Dark Souls 3 until I get to Abyss Watchers and have some Estus/Bone Shards for proper coop. Up until then it feels like I'm just incredibly gimped and restricted in how I should play.

Damn, we got owned. Another go?

Lightning/Raw Dragonslayer Axe used to be one of the better weapons for a str/fth build. The lothric knight GS is a good choice as well, raw infused and buffed with lightning blade works really well.

For a Crucifix build you can use mine and move stuff around how you want, I basically use mostly dark blade for PVP/boss fights, lightning arrow and sunlight spear for range. You can keep yourself topped off with Projected Heal, and I have that much attunement so my FP bar is slightly longer than my stamina bar. mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/164587

Hope this helps, user!

youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-bg-rmEF4

I need this thing!

Pyromancy uses a pyromancy flame, dark magic (or Hexes) use either a staff or talisman.
In the past they were more differentiated, in particular pyromancies had no stat requirements, but this is no longer the case.

this game would've been a 10/10 if you could've used the weapon art of your offhand

What the fuck is vit gouging? Why is everyone fucking name dropping this shit all of a sudden?

Is INT the only caster build that can get away with just pumping damage stats until mid/end game?

Seems like pyro and faith are forced into raw weapon and vig gouge.

that'd be kinda cancer desu. imagine people using a dagger in their left and a FUGS in their right. quickstep into r1 spam

I don't think it's going to get "fixed". It seems intentional that it's essentially a PvE ring.

For some people, trying to maintain their core build from the get go is a pain in the ass.

That term has been around for a long ass time but it means min/maxing your build to get the most possible amount of vig(HP) possible while not having to sacrifice too much else. (If I said "vit" gouging I meant vig.)

Faith sucks early unless you rush demon prince.

So to make it easy you use a weapon with high base damage and no scaling and then throw all of your points into health and stamina. Later you respec into faith.

Im just thinking features for my own souls like game
first of all
>anime art style
better get used to it
>dedicated servers
>transmog system
>armor and weapons can be customized by different colors and tints
>covenants and arena reward different looks for customization beside spells/items
>hand to hand combat style
>theres no descriptions carved to every object instead world is planted like murder case that player need to solve by looking out environment and some items certain characters are holding
>interconnected hub like with ds1 because its awesome i really dont get why fromsoft ditched that in ds2-3/bb
>world map like with mount&blade that is interactive and provides different locations easily
feel free to add ideas that i can exploit and make lots of profits

Sorry, I beefed it and posted an old build, this one has the minimum STR requirements for 2H the crucifix, allowing you to put more points into attunement for that 4th spell. My bad!
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/167647

>theres no descriptions carved to every object instead world is planted like murder case that player need to solve by looking out environment and some items certain characters are holding

bruh

I JUST WATCHED A MAN BEAT AN ENTIRE FIGHT CLUB WITH THE R1SPAM OF THE ROSE OF ARIANDEL. CANCER INCARNATE

thank you! i'll get to work now

youtube.com/watch?v=CLlfhrP7t_A

youtube.com/watch?v=HyWa2OE_W30