Thinking about buying the 94's honda civic

Thinking about buying the 94's honda civic
it has around 140k miles, 125 hp, 1.6 litres and atm the guy wants 6 300 PLN (which is almost 1700 USD)
Im 19 and its going to be my first car (settled down on a civic after almost a year of thinking and looking shit up starting as a complete auto n00b)

What's your opinion about the car Veeky Forums, am I getting ripped off or is it a good choice considering my tight budget, I refuse to take any of my family's money cause I just want the full feeling of independence (would already have a 2012 fiesta if it wasnt the case)

>pic(s) related is the car
more details below
>inb4 read the sticky, im a fucking europoor, almost nothing is relevant

Other urls found in this thread:

speedscience.co.nz/product/hc-racing-front-lip-honda-eg-23dr-spoon-style/
ebay.com/itm/SPN-Style-Front-Lip-Urethane-Fits-92-95-Honda-Civic-2dr-/380891311697
otomoto.pl/oferta/honda-civic-ek4-vti-1-6-vtec-ID6yV60P.html#65628c850a
suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/honda-civic-1-6-vti-idstein/238962748.html
hondateam.phorum.pl/viewtopic.php?t=2636
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well it's a red Civic hatch, so prepare for Memes on that front.

Every thing else, it's a decent car and I wish I could find one for that price, numbers on the motor should make it, (if my honda fu is right) a D16Z6 Which means VTEC brah, albeit single cam, but I doubt you care that much, if you want to know if it's economical for a to b shit, then yeah it should be, look at shit like rust, (outside looks clean but check under, wheel struts, etc it is a 23 year old car after all) make sure the timing belt is changed, and you should be fine.

The owner bought it in 2010
Entire car was painted and rust proofed (the owner clamis to not get any rust ever since), replaced both doors and rear fenders(plastic)
>cost 3 900PLN (little over 1 000 USD)

sorry if im confusing but im translating it on a go
In 2012 the engine was swapped from a D13B2 to the D16Z6 and it came with
>changing out bearings new ones from Taiho
>crankshaft was checked and polished
>new crankshaft sealants
>new camshaft and timing belt
>new Valeo clutch and filled with MTF

>complete regeneration of the cylinder head
>milling of the valve sockets
>new exhaust valves Dokuro
>something to do with sucking valves (no idea how to translate "szlif")
>new valve and cylinder head sealants
>new water cooler
cost about 1 300PLN (350 USD)

>changed out the breaking and fuel lines/wires
>lambda probe and ignition coil swapped for new NGK ones
>seats swapped for IV gen prelude
>and as he puts it (a lot more)
When I first called the guy I was surpised on how friendly he seemsed, did the thing with not naming the exact car to see if he's a dealer and he proceeded to name every and each one of the things he repaired, swapped or restored at the same time naming each one's brand
I know its foolish to say it but the call really made my trust him, he seemed really genuine

You're so lucky, I would love to find one of these in good condition but it's so damn hard. I'm saving up to buy one, I've seen a handful but they aren't manual, and there's no way I'm buying an automatic.

seems like you should definitely check it out in person at least. Looks awesome.

Most recent changes
>new distributor cap and cam
>new brake pads and plates
>new stabilizator connector and pads
>mufflers from del sol
>new ITR steering gear and filled with original honda's fluid
>suspension lowered ~20mm(milimeters)
Yesterday he mailed me pics of the interior and it looks surprisingly good (no big ass scratches or anything like that, floors clean) He also said the the floor is in great condition with no rust as it had undergone a complete restoration just like the paint

Nah you're not being confusing.

I say go look at it like I'd love to find one in this shape, but here in burgerland ricers ruined them all, or they're auto.

My fellow polack. Lambda could be translated to O2 sensor if I'm not mistaken. Also 'szlif' could be hone porobably. I guess I have seen this car on OtoMoto. Honestly I would take it.

Looks pretty good and the price is really low, check it out what could go wrong?

It looks to be well cared for, would buy.

also new purple H&R suspension
>the car has mp3 with swedish loudspeakers (DLS - B5)

It also has LPG installed, at first i was scared cause I read alot about it presumably cutting the balls of most civics so I asked the owner about it
He went on a 20min rant on why he even had LPG installed in the first place (an oil leak of the size of 1/10 of a shot glass) which apparently he instantly took to a mechanic and had everything that was neccesary replaced which he said made it a huge opportunity to have LPG installed

He even tried (didnt understand shit cause i still dont really know much about cars) to explain me why it seems to be 50/50 when it comes to LPG, apparently vtec needs bigger gas tubes and pressure to keep up and in his case it didnt lose any power

The problem is that he's staying till Saturday (i'll still be able to go check it out that day if I wake up early and I have to drive about 270km)
If I dont hurry I'll have to wait about 3 weeks for him to come back

When asking about the price (fuck me, it really looked like its too cheap) I asked what caused him to want only 6300pln, unsurprisingly he replied with a joke
>It can be 7k if you want :^)
but just as we laughed it off he said that there were a lot of people offering him 5k but he turned them all down
I feel like offering him 5.5k but being able to raise until 6k

No idea if Im getting ripped off or not cause most of the other IV civics I saw were some riced up memes or complete wracks so the price warries from 1k to 10k
He mentioned that the only thing that I'll need to buy was a pair of summer tires and floor mats

Sounds like a good deal, but with 140k miles you should expect a major engine rebuilt coming soon(unless the current owner had done that already).

Besides that the car looks very well taken care of, not a single sign of "rice" in sight too, that's a huge plus.

I would take it.

Get it
Feel the C O O L V I B R A T I O N S

I dont know if its relevant but the engine was swapped, it didnt originally have vtec

>1.6 litres
Tune it to 1.9 and you will win every racing event against much more powerful cars.

Only 'mods' I would add to this car:
1. Front lip and side shirts
2. New set of wheels (might need to roll the fenders to prevent rubbing)
3. Interior: - change that awful shifter, some black or red Recaro seats (the adjustable ones), new floor mats, decent sound system and speakers.

I'm really jealous op. Couple of slight tweaks and it'll be a dream car.

>might need to roll the fenders to prevent rubbing
ISHYGDDT

I know, the shifter is pretty much the only thing i dont like about the car, didnt even look up how much a stock one costs but will probably buy one if I'll get the car

Are you going to add a few simple mods?

nothing permanent, wanna keep it mostly stock, been thinking about those black things on the bottom like on pic related

will most likely powerwash it and restore headlights based on crisfix's videos

When it comes to performance I wont do anything until im 100% confident that it wont damage the car, I plan on keeping this car for my daily commute for as long as possible

>those black things on the bottom
They're called front lips.

thanks man, been trying to figure out how to even google them in the first place

lol I know the feeling.
Here's a pretty decent looking one, but it's a bit expensive.
speedscience.co.nz/product/hc-racing-front-lip-honda-eg-23dr-spoon-style/

Actually, fuck this one. Here's a cheaper one that still looks good.
ebay.com/itm/SPN-Style-Front-Lip-Urethane-Fits-92-95-Honda-Civic-2dr-/380891311697

This is almost exactly the look I want my car to have (except for the golden wheels)
neat if you're near by, thats 100 bucks just for
the shipping for me

built high compression/balanced engine
ITBs

I bout a 94 civic VX hatch with 130k for 2800. basically the high mpg econo version of that car. I can say it would make a great first car. this civic was my 5th car and it's definitely been the easiest to work on, literally every job i've done on it has been a piss easy. They are also fantastic cars that punch well above their weight thanks to the fact that they are light, have great suspension and good engines. I almost bought a mk3 golf instead and I'm glad I avoided that.

be prepared to listen to people who are still stuck in the early 2000's F&F1 mindset to endlessly talk shit about MUH RICER CIVICS though. It gets so fucking old listening to butthurt boomers and the like.

Just do it.

Also, this.

All I really hear about me buying this car is that im fucking myself over and wasting money cause "a 20 year old car is going to cost you more in a year than outright buying a new car for +4000$

Everyone I kow personally has either never seen a well maintained jap car or just bought theirs form the salon brand new but I know that they dont know shit so I just ignored all this talk for almost a year. I wont have anyone who will be able to help me with buying the car so I'll pretty much have to check everything myself and I plan on following crisfix's guides on inspecting used cars. Pretty nervous desu

>a little over 1000 USD
>for a '94 Civic Hatch
Fucking how? Here in the states they're at the very least $3.5k because of the ridiculous rice tax on it.
>tfw want a Civic Hatch
>tfw every single one near me is way out of price range
Fuck Florida.

If you're that worried and you have a little extra cash to spend, you could look into getting a Civic EK9 instead.

1000USD is what he claims to have paid for doing all the stuff from the second line of the post, I have no idea how much he paid for the car back then but right now he wants about 1.7k

Its cheap cause theres a shitton of them driving around, the reason why its so easy to find stock ones is becouse when the EH hatch was every ricer's dream project car, here in pooland it was golf, second and third gen most often. Civic IV never really got the popularity it needed to attract shitters so mostly old and poor people bought them for commuting
Yea looked into them but theres just something to their looks that makes me cringe, i cant really point out why
Also theres a lot of variance, either 4 000$ for a tuned out one like this otomoto.pl/oferta/honda-civic-ek4-vti-1-6-vtec-ID6yV60P.html#65628c850a
or 1 000$ for a stock one but the problem with those is that 99% of them are from germany which has no speed limits on highways so a 100 000 miles one has the same condition as a 200 000 which was driven conservatively

>Florida

there's your problem, every Honda is going to have the Puerto Rican tax

*ominous laughter*

Also if anything I say is complete utter bullshit, please do point it out, I'm still not the most confident person when it comes to cars.

There is a guy in Poland selling laminate body parts for eg, ef and ek civics. Look it up. No need to order from ebay. Just look for it. I may post link later.

That would be huge

>something to their looks that makes me cringe

Well that's unfortunate, I think they're actually beautiful cars especially the EK9 Typer R.
I love the EG too though, probably a little bit more.

suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/honda-civic-1-6-vti-idstein/238962748.html

Type R is pretty neat I'll give you that, its just that I have around 7 000PLN + 1 ounce of gold as my savings which puts me just short of 3 200 USD and buyting the type R would cost me all of it and I'ts something that I can't really afford (especially the gold bar for muh economic doomsday)

Im almost confident I'll be able to negotiate the EG to a 1 550$ at most which would leave me much more comfortable economically. I don't want to beg my parents for petrol every week or work for 2 months to be able to afford a mod

hondateam.phorum.pl/viewtopic.php?t=2636

There you go fellow polack.

Dear lord that's a nice ass Civic, wish I could find one like this near me.

That's kind actually... amazing
What's the catch?

I WANNA DANCE

>ctrl+f
>no [COOL VIBRATIONS]

There is no apparently. Please post when you buy the honda, user.

oh shit, you can swap pretty much the entire body with for luminate, is it even a good idea?

Can anyone who knows this shit r8 the condition of the chassis? Just got those picks from the owner, the rest is here, sorry for imgur

>imgur link /a/n6k2B

I am jelly you found one that clean for that price OP. If it's truly in good shape (no rust underneath, doesn't burn oil ect) then yeah go for it.

IWANNADANCE

F A J N E W I B R A C J E
Bierz najczystszy egzemplarz user, nawet nie bierz pod uwagę civicow z kilkoma prostymi modyfikacjami. Jak właściciel jest dresiarzem to pewnie katowal silnik bo muh vtec.

>$1700
>I paid $1300 for this

Still no regrets but that thing is 10x better looking than mine was when I bought it. Would have to swap the whole body to get it to look that good.

The owner was the first one to mention blue smoke/oil burning and suposedly theres no issues
>no rust udnerneath
can you check out ?
I have no idea what to look or even how its suposed too look like
Goscia nie widzialem (Łódź) ale przez telefon nie wyczulem u niego zadnego seba speak

You bump anyone yet?

REEE SOMEONE TRIED TO BRAKE IN TO THE CAR YESTERDAY AND IT NEEDS REPAINTING AROUND THE DOOR HANDLE

So this is my first time on Veeky Forums and I came here to find out how to improve performance on my car which is a Honda Civic DX like OPs car.

I want the ride to be very smooth and quiet (less if no road noise). I don't want my car to periodically shake around when I'm idling, and to get an decent sound system in it. Whoever owned it before me blew out the subwoofers or something and it sounds really tinny when bass plays.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I don't want to rice it or anything, just make it a nice smooth and quiet daily driver.

poly suspension bushings
honda factory suspension
dynamat

here

I bought my '94 in October. So far the issues I've ran into:

over heated in traffic on the way home. an upper radiator hose deterioted and leaked, fixed it in like 10 minutes for 10bux

ignition switch contacts burnt out and it would only run with the key in crank position, fixed that with a new one out of the junkyard for a couple bucks but could have just sanded it for free.

CV boot cracked and sprayed some grease - fixed for $10 and an hour of work

the worst so far, had a rubber brake line leak at the crimp which caused me to lose front brakes. I threw whole new stainless lines in the car as well as brembo rotors and hawk pads for something like $300, totally worth it as now it has the best brakes of any car ive ever driven.

it will have issues that cost money, but anyone who says the maintenance will cost anywhere near the value of the car is pulling shit out of their ass. I dont know about you but here theres always a couple dozen in the junkyard that offer cheap repair parts and OEM upgrades. I bought my '98 tacoma back in '07 with 120k on it. I DD it for 9 years and ran it up to 225k miles and i only did typical maintenance, oil, tires, plugs, plug wires. a 90s civic costs fucking nothing to repair and maintain. my mother in law bitches about how its stupid to buy an old car because MUH CARS ARE GARBAGE AFTER 100K MILES but she spends more on registration in 1 year than i spend on registration + maintenance for 5 years.