WHEN IS THE FUCKING CRASH HAPPENING SO I CAN BUY THE DIP??

I AM JUST ACCUMULATING TONS OF CASH HERE WHICH IS SITTING AROUND AND DOING NOTHING

FUCKING SOMEONE SHORT THE MARKET WITH A LARGE SELL ORDER FOR FFS ALREADY!!!

>just buy now user you're missing out on Trump's epic bull run

SAID SOME FAGGOT A FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE 2008 - 2009 STOCK MARKET CRASH AND I LOST 50% OF MY MONEY. NEVER AGAIN.

Other urls found in this thread:

schrts.co/7Da3ki
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_market_crashes_and_bear_markets
youtube.com/watch?v=spQFSjSvzwo
physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2011/07/galactic-scale-energy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

be patient. itll happen.

>market timers

yeah, in 10 years

>I LOST 50% OF MY MONEY
>he REALIZED his loss
Holy shit

if you lost 50% of your portfolio value back in 2008 then you should really do your own research and DD and stop listening to whoever manages your money. also, find a new portfolio manager.

You will probably never buy stocks because:

>Don't buy now, the crash will happen any moment
>Don't buy now, you're catching a falling knife.

fuck, are you me user?

how much cash you sitting on?

Not dollar cost averaging. stay poor chasing those dividends OP

Its not a loss until you sell

Kek stay poor.

I think the best way to learn how to buy the dip is to sell the dip a few times and make various noob mistakes.

If you trade just enough that you would be pretty upset about losing, you can learn fairly quickly. just dont bet the farm

I'm waiting for rate hikes and gold to go under 1000. Then I'll buy gold. Ilerminati crashes the market and dollar, gold goes up. I sell and buy the market dip.

I know your feels, I waited like 5 years waiting on a bear market. Then I just started investing.

Put your money in recession-proof stocks or stick it in an index fund and put a trailing stop-loss on it. Anything is better than sitting in cash for years on end.

>What is dollar cost averaging

>The dollar and gold go sideways for the next 8 years.
>There is never a good time to buy gold or the USD
>There will never be another big correction ever, there will, however, be a slow, long and boring devaluation of stocks over the course of 8 years
>The correction wont have an even remotely obvious bottom for investors to throw their money in, stocks will just surge randomly even before stocks are remotely undervalued.
>everyone on Veeky Forums will die of boredom.

Screencap this.

Here, OP, I made you a helpful chart!

schrts.co/7Da3ki

Sadly probably this, if a massive selloff would begin (lets say today), we'd see some funny shit. Sad thing is, chance is very small this will actually happen.
Here's to hoping, I guess.

>SAID SOME FAGGOT A FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE 2008 - 2009 STOCK MARKET CRASH AND I LOST 50% OF MY MONEY. NEVER AGAIN.

AHAHAHAAH WHO'S THE ACTUAL FAGGOT

There will be at least one or two more good corrections before this happens.

Recessions and bear markets historically have the underlying trigger of a oil shock/ shortage. We wiil have the shale oil shock, then off shore shock, then by then I think it'll stabilize.

Also the main reason stocks are so overbought right now is because bonds have been so shitty with low interest rates. Investors have no good place to put their money besides stocks.

There will be a bond market crash pretty soon.

That, coupled with volatility and uncertainty in other markets.

Last year, Chinas economy looked bad, brexit, europe was taking a whole bunch of immigrants, terrorism in europe as well and human rights abuses in china.

Basically, everyone looked at the US and said "Damn, they sure look safe, far away from all this shit."

But now, that is slowly changing. Donald Trumps rhetoric against seemingly random countries and uncertainties about the policys he will be introducing, along with low public opinion from minorities, could very well lead to a recession in the years to come.

"The Trump question" will literally be at the center of where the stock markets go from here on out.

Why don't you just buy on some momentum and sell if it drops too much..

this famalam

>We will have the shale oil shortage
We won't, there are places that have shale oil, such as Maryland, that have plenty of reserves but don't want to frac, not to mention that we're nowhere near using up proven reserves.

>Off-shore shortage
We don't maximize our off-shore production. There should be no shortage.

This, and the fact that investors are buying up corporate bonds, which companies use the cash from to buy their own shares back, artificially increasing the price of their shares without actually having the value of the company increase

>human rights abuses in China
Did you sell all your US stocks because of Guantanamo?

Both the FTSE and S&P 500 kept raising after Brexit and Trump, trading stocks based on politics is a meme.

I'd like to know where everyone ITT got their crystal ball. Also, in the past 300 years there hasn't been a period of longer than 20 or so years without some sort of socioeconomic catastrophe. I don't think the "Trump Rally" changed fundamental human psychology. All markets are a bubble. The questin is never if. It's when, and. how bad will it be.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_market_crashes_and_bear_markets

>catastrophe

The last catastrophe for the first world was WW2.

>Catastrophe
>noun
>an event causing great and often sudden damage or suffering; a disaster.

Sounds like an economic crash to me.

What, because it takes 2-3 years until stocks recover and some people get social security for a while?
Its not like we had significant amounts of people dying or open fights. Most of the people I know hardly even noticed the big crisis in 2008 on a personal level, you knew a bunch of others who lost their job, but its far from what I consider a catastrophe.

It's a foolish idea

youtube.com/watch?v=spQFSjSvzwo

all this chart tells me is that had i bought at the top of the dotcom bubble i'd still be down money.

DCA only works with a double down approach. you're really not that smart. 10k, DCA with 5k downwards basically gets you a 1/4 move each time you DCA. that's a lot of DCA money to reach bottom. and give this board's average wealth, you're not going to DCA very far. probably 1k and 500 DCA. and that's assuming a cash reserve to start with. again, with most people, cash reserves are about 0.

then, how do you determine what % of market move down that you will DCA. your courage will probably give out before your bank account.

growth is forever until it isn't. and technology improves forever. until it doesn't.
physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2011/07/galactic-scale-energy/

economies grow on 3 basic things: energy, physical resources, and population.

heres what we know
1. population is expected to level off/decrease by late 21st
2. any look at an energy use chart with a time scale encompassing the entirety of human history shows a massive exponential spike. we would need to keep that up.
3. currently consuming 2 earth's resources so there's alot of room for efficiency. basically westerners can't expect the current standard of living we have right now.

>>it's either invest in the S&P or don't invest!
>that false dichotomy

Nigger. If you think the market is overvalued then don't buy an index fund. Simple as that. At any given time there are hundreds of companies that are undervalued. Buy an undervalued company and you can sleep well at night whether the stock goes up or down.

If you guys want a good undervalued stock let me know. But you have to do your own research and determine what is the right stock for you and your unique money situation.

well let me see
i don't know when the fall is coming but i can see the magnitude of the correction.
if i buy now i will lose about 60% of my investment in the correction only to regain it
if i wait till stock prices fall by 50% and then buy i will be able to buy twice the amount of stocks. in 20 years that means 330% vs 600% if i wait a few years. hm... yeah totally bullshit.

even if you wait 5 years longer to buy in at half price you will make more money by the end of your time period.

basically it takes 8 years, if the correction comes later than 8 years you lose money by not investing now if it comes sooner you lose money by not waiting.

If you are so dead convinced of a fall in the next few years, why don't you bet against the market? You would make a lot more money when the market "falls 50%" than if you just sat on that money for a few years.

Seriously, why aren't you betting against the market? What's the logic?

i bet against the market by holding cash nigga. you can't short for years that shit doesn't fly. short positions are called short for a reason.

They have inverse ETFs for the S&P500 and I think the Russel index too. You can buy and hold those and while they don't directly follow the index down because of it's expense ratio it's better than sitting in cash.

when the market goes to shit you can't expect the worst to perform the best imo.
i will buy some gold, when it hits rock bottom (around $900), in the panicky phase it will sell well. but mostly i just hold cash and short term bonds and wait for buying opportunities.

i also want to increase my exposure in bitcoin to 1% again once it hit's bottom. i think it will be well below $700.

Mistake #1: Listening to other people when it comes time to buy and sell.

use the data you have infront of you and if you don't have adequate data then gather it, then make an informed decision based on facts and on your acquired knowledge of the index/stock/whatever.

I don't want an undervalued stock so much as I want to learn what you put in a screener to find one. I don't want a fish, I want to learn how to fish. Teach me because I am listening in earnest

>I want to learn how to fish. Teach me because I am listening in earnest
read everything from warren buffet. watch all his vids on youtube. and start grinding balance sheets. do 5-6 a day, maybe in a few months you find your gem.

>What are options please help me I have no idea

I normally filter by volume find find highly liquid stocks, I look for stocks where the volume is higher than the avg volume, not all the time but quite a few times this method helps me find stocks with strong uptrends, then I monitor that stock until the dip and buy in.

Meanwhile I'm just buying every single month with no intention of selling or trying to time the market.

agree with this user

Also if you're trading based on social media then you're a fool too. It's volatility creation by swing traders.

to be fair, in the case of china the us could run into a tough time if they upset the regime too quickly

if they threaten to freeze/stop some business dealings it will have immediate effect on the dollar. they do this all the time to nations they disagree with them.

>options don't cost you a premium
are you fucking retarded? this is only good strategy if you know roughly when it happens.

it's gonna keep going up up uo! you fuckin potatohead sonovabitch. you buy in now before you miss out on more sik gains you godamn bozo. jeez.

>you can't short for years

Yeah you can. Just pick a stock that doesn't hit your dick with dividends.

why would the bond market crash? bonds are good unless the issuer goes bankrupt. only other thing would be if interest rates skyrocket, in which case just buy new issues.

why is it going to crash anyways?

I keep seeing the idea that there will be a big burst, but if you purchase companies with solid financials and reasonable P/Es, why would you be in trouble? What is the catalyst?

Hell, Trump is good for stocks due to his potential changes for short term capital gains.

I hope you're using forward PEs and not trailing. Trailing PE is a garbage indicator.

2017 forward PEs are high right now because the bulk of Trump growth isn't anticipated until 2018. Analysts are estimating $130 in S&P earnings for 2017, $145 for 2018, and $162 for 2019. If those estimates are correct, it's going to be a veeeeeery good couple of years for stocks.