/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

stellariswiki.com/Crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-patch-1-5-1-banks-released-not-for-problem-reports.1010281/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAK HAK HAK

Also note that Steel Division has its own thread located here:

Asteroids are lewd

>too weak to attack fallen things
>don't want to blob into neighbours
>sit there on speed 5 for 5 hours

Not sure if bug, but I just found Steam Age primitives with Uplifted for some reason.

It is a bug, but I'd rather leave it in imo

It's a bug but I think it should be left in for RP purposes, might be an incomplete or failed uplift from more advanced empires that collapsed

>lewd annexation intensifies

Kind of wished there was an event chain tied to them or something, that could have been neat. They are pretty close to an Advanced Start empire, so it could fit, with a runaway crazy scientist of theirs pulling shenanigans.

I, also, have found primitives with uplifted (who then got past early space age and became an actual empire).
Shit was weird. Who were they happy to?

Should be easy for a quick chain during uplifting where you proclaim that you are their original uplifters or tell them rhe truth and gain an influence and relation bonus

>two 10% failure anomalies
>they both fail

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB RIGHTS GIB GIB GIB

Is there any way to determine what late-game threat you get?

sure, here you go pal

Just got back along with the update.

What are you some essential mods that have been already updated for Banks and Utopia?

Shouldn't I be getting happiness from having purging prohibited?

UI overhaul

I dunno what else.

>Find earth
>middle ages
>and presentinents

What are the odds of that?

Also, its close to my borders, what do with this planet?

that doesn't look like the paradox forums

>Always want to do a diplomatic faction, trying to play allies and enemies off each other while gaining powerful friends and federations
>Friend just wants to go obliterate everyone all the time, doesn't pay any attention to diplomacy at all but always wants us in a federation
How do I cope /4xg/

He just declares war on everything, then gets upset when either
1. I point out thats stupid because the people he wants to attack next to him are allies with three huge factions behind me and they'll roll me then him
2. Or gets pissy after the war when we lose more than we gain because he didnt take diplomacy into account

since the update the game lags like crazy. They say they have a hotfix for that on the way but I don't see anything relevant in the beta patch notes which means it will take longer

fuck

Not all issues give positive points

I dunno why that is

I also got that bug. The colony ended up getting the incoming asteroid event too. It listed the ayylium species name as the lambda menace.

Why would you?
It is a right, not a privilege.
They'd be angry if you could purge but if you cant it's just how things are supposed to be.

Technically, yes
stellariswiki.com/Crisis

AI can be triggered by doing the AI research
Extradimensionals by doing the FTL
Prethoryn Swarm have a chance of occuring every 170, 200, 250 300 years or no chance at all post 300 years.

So if you want the first two; do the research
If you want the Swarm you just have to wait

it's somethingawful because a lot of the devs have a presence on the forum because then they don't have to deal with the paradox forums for a while

Got the Unbidden in my hyperlane only MP game in my territory when I'm pretty sure nobody had the jump drive tech.
Though a fallen empire did awaken, which might count I guess.

>Though a fallen empire did awaken, which might count I guess.
I suspect it does

It just triggers randomly from anyone using the tech

>SA gets actual game devs
>we get Meneth
fuck this gay earth

>paradox devs are SAfags
typical

Supposed to land in their systems though, ain't it?

fallen empires can definitely trigger the unbiodden

Don't worry, we have Jewhan.
We had Notch once upon a time. Though it is up to the individual as to whether or not that is a matter to be prideful on.

Utopia worth the purchase?

Depends on how much $20 is for you.
Maybe wait for a round or two of hotfixes. Synthetic ascendancy is pretty mediocre and there are a few bugs that you run into quite a bit.

>have negative influence gain
>at 12 influence currently
>my leaders are all dying of old age and I cant recruit new ones
>Haven't met a single empire to call me rival yet so I can actually get more influence

Oh no

For some reason my Stellaris mods aren't showing up in the launcher, what gives?

Scrap your outpost, wait 20 years to get influence back, head to Paradox Plaza to complain, get mocked, told to "stop whining", and then get banned for daring to complain, and then come back here and complain with us about Paradox being crap.

I'd wait for a sale.
The bulk of the fix for stellaris is in Banks. Utopia has some fun stuff, but it's not near necessary or really worth $20. Banks alone made me enjoy stellaris again.

maybe they're not updated for 1.5 yet

I mean, they should be, and i don't think that would be a problem either.

okay am I a retard or are nuclear missiles overpowered compared to all other early weapons

I haven't played stellaris since a couple of weeks after launch and i don't remember then raping everything

Is there a reason to use the drug addled bliss or whatever it's called? Seems the negatives massively outweigh the positives.

Whenever there's a major update for any paradox game you need to delete your mod folder so the mods can redownload. This has been an issue with their launcher forever.

what kind of dress is best to wear for conquering space?

r8

Where can i find the folder?

>Turkey flag
nice

A cute one.

Trash/10

delete this, it's an eagle

>recycling lowers consumer goods costs and vice versa
Could Stellaris only be written by Swedes?

Use it to keep them from rebelling until the nerve stapling and hamburg gene modding is complete

documents/paradoxinteractive/(insert game here)

Unsubscribing from everything usually works too, but depending on how many mods you have and whether you want to do some spring cleaning, just deleting the mods in the folder is easier.

Alright, I'll wait. I hope the game is actually playable without the DLC unlike the other paradox games.

Folder's empty, i recently cleared out all my subscriptions and resubscribed to the few mods i need.

Could this have something to do with the fact that i buccaneer'd the DLC and slapped the codex crack on it?

Nope

kill yourself animefag

I like the turkey but blue/red has always been a colourscheme I've hated.

Any idea of which mods are causing my ironman games to not give me achievements?

Or how to check it for myself without trial and error.

The crack was the problem, i'll try a different download

kill yourself you fucking racist

I'd wager it's the not updated ones.

wew lad

I'll get another for flag colors but any that turn humans into white only? I found one that adds new species for every human race but I imagine that one disabled achievements because it's adding species.

>Intelligent
>Sociologists
>Weak
>5 trait slots already used, so no further modifications possible until Biological Ascension is fully mastered

I wouldn't even enslave that

but which kind?

that's not a very cute thing to say

t. Mosley

A sun dress, I guess. Pretty cute and innocent.

Who the fuck is Mosley?

>Who the fuck is Mosley?

The greatest prime minister Britain never had.

Gotta go in style.

I thought that was Cromwell.

>Cromwell

Ew, also

>never had

How the fuck do you get negative influence gain

Like how do you fuck up that bad

I'm not sure user. All I did was make 3 frontier posts, but now a primitive species has evolved and I've gone to war with them as well as made them my rival for a whopping .20 influence a month

I lost my fleet by invading their home planet and attacking a 1k power station with my 300 power fleet, then they invaded and destroyed 2/3 of my frontier outposts which didn't actually change my borders so I guess I was just wasting them Now I'm at 1 influence a month, with only one scientist alive.

I don't know how I managed to do this.

I wasn't this bad at the game even when I first played it.

looking to make my own name list and add it to the game, does anyone know where the default ones are stored so I can look at them?
I've searched for them before but I can't find the ship name lists for the life of me

You're not supposed to insta-spam frontier outposts user. They're specifically designed when you see a REALLY, REALLY nice batch of resources, a good choke point, future strategic value etc.

You use them as the last resort for something important. You should be spreading your borders by colonising planets.

You can expand by colonising? I always thought you needed the planet inside of your borders to colonize it, thanks user. Oops I guess I restart this god awful game then, unless I really wanted to wait 200 months in able to get new scientists again.

You have to remove all your civics before choosing it, dumbass.

How do we fix Synthetic Evolution?

youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ

Great scene

Unique sprites.
Keep your racial traits.
Unique mechanics or events.
AI crisis ignores you.

changelog for the upcoming 1.5.1 patch if anyone missed it

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-patch-1-5-1-banks-released-not-for-problem-reports.1010281/

>get a slightly bigger army than one of your neighbours
>vassal him
>steamroll half the galaxy before the other half unites
>outstrip said half of the galaxy in every regards due to you being a single empire and them being a bunch of faggots
>steamroll them too
>cuck FEs before they awaken
>bitchslap unbidden or whoever the moment they arrive

The only thing difficulty settings/advanced starts influences is delaying step 1.

This is fucking boring.

>You use them as the last resort for something important

Or, alternatively, when you don't play like a spaz and have tons of influence income and proper frontier cost reduction to get all the benefits of expanding without the science cost.

Keeping your traits would be too OP, you invalidate half the penalties and keep the boons. You should be able to convert every species into Synths and use research to buff them.

>ronreagancutup

What

rate my new species

are missiles useless or not? I keep hearing opposite reports

Oyy lmao

Missiles are mostly shit early on, the more advanced types can get pretty devastating.

Oi vey/10

Shoulda made them individualist instead of xenophobe.

At the start where numbers are small, its okay. The retarded fleet AI means you will fire a gorillion missiles at the tiny covette at the start of the stack which goes poof when the 1st one kills it, wasting your shots

Why is biological acendency so shit...

Also this, make sure you have other weapons alongside your missile launchers.

Purge.

It's just like my Japanese animes!

Wanting to be a robot =/= give up all individuality and turn into the crisis under player control.

Your suggestions don't even buff them in a significant way.