RIP Vancouver

globalnews.ca/news/3506156/metro-vancouver-mayors-council-to-release-details-on-charging-drivers-to-use-roads/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZvtzNU4q-4
youtube.com/watch?v=6S6GNzVJ1VU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They have projected over a million additional chinks will move there within the next 25-30 years. Literally over a million additional people who already are clueless about driving. Good on them for at least trying to head off the problem.

Sounds like gommunism from the average suburburger's point of view, but it's far preferable to letting the city center collapse from car traffic, and as far as I know Vancouver has one of the very best public transport systems in North America. Just because we like cars doesn't make them the be-all and end-all of human transit.

Or they could stop them from coming in, chinks tend to be a net negative on society.

It's called "Hongcouver" for a reason

Why would you want to drive in Vancouver?

>Charging people to use the road.

Isn't that what fucking taxes are for?

Chinks are sociopathic rat-like soulless leeches that are destroying canada from within. Fuck em and fuck vancouver

Why don't people try to live as close to their job and have just a fun car? I can see this being the best option in large urban cities. However this idea is pretty fucking communist tier and will eventually have people just take weirder routes and just push congestion to somewhere else.

who else gonna start beating up filthy chinks in broad daylight soon? gotta show them fucks what country they're in.

Me

>mfw watching canadia destroy itself

hey, you cool Canadians that love guns and cars are free to come to the northern united states. we have salty roads and cold ass weather and syrup just like you do. only thing is, there's more asshole, especially in new England. Vermont, maine and new hampshire are pretty good and most people are nice there. Massachusetts and the rest are filled with assholes though

>They have projected over a million additional chinks will move there within the next 25-30 years.
Then they can vote to have British Columbia secede from Canada just like Quebec wanted to do. After they secede, they can vote to become a province of China and just like that, China is on the north american continent.

Because of the chinese immigration majority vote problem on their islands, various pacific islands enacted constitutional laws saying that only true native islanders can vote to have their country become part of another country. Otherwise, some of those pacific islands would be part of china by now.

I feel like being part of such a vast union isn't worth the trouble, I don't want people from San Francisco and Houston making decisions for me when I live in somewhere like Wyoming. If I could, I would live up in the Yukon or NWT, it's just that the internet is shit and all my friends and family are in Ontario.

>I don't want people from San Francisco and Houston making decisions for me when I live in somewhere like Wyoming.
That's why the Electoral College exists. Otherwise, the relatively few most populated urban areas would dominate even more.

electoral college is still retarded

its not real democracy

That's probably a good thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZvtzNU4q-4
youtube.com/watch?v=6S6GNzVJ1VU

>I live far away from other people, so my opinion is more important!
interdasting

Considering that those highly populated areas are also where the minorities live, their vote might very well be in the majority for each election if not for the electoral college forcibly splitting apart the votes from each area. On CNN's Anthony Bourdain show this season, it was remarked that one forecast showed 2042 was the year the two major minorities in the USA would become the majority. The electoral college will become even more important in democracy being the voice of the entire country and not just of small concentrated areas.

yeah its not the voice of the country when the countrys majority votes differently than what the college says

not like I care Im not wasting my time voting in this shithole again

I stay here for the inevitable day of the rake when the working class finally puts their money where their mouth is and overthrows this shitty place

1800/m rent for a single room apartment is on the low side for vancouver
its not as easy as you think

>best public transport system in North America

In Vancouver proper maybe, but once you start moving towards the suburbs, the density is fucked up enough that areas with a bunch of new housing complexes being built either have little bus service or none at all, yet there are older routes that have seen a decline in use but get the same volume of service as before. It sort of works against the incentive to get people out of their cars and to take the bus to work instead.

Translink (the company that runs the system) can't do fuck all with the budget they get, but have given the executives constant raises and still say "GIBE MONY PLS".

I live in Ridge, the lack of public transit out here is blatantly obvious, but we still get taxed as if we had a skytrain staion every 6 blocks.
I refuse to fuel up in the GVRD or take the Golden Ears bridge in my personal vehicle under any circumstances, if I need gas or have to go across to Langley I double back to Mission. Out of spite. Fuck Translink.

>tfw you left Vancouver for Victoria and its been miles better

Mainland fags

As if Vancouver needed another reason to not live there. It's the biggest bluepilled shit hole Ive ever lived in. Vancouver Island is where it's at.

BC should bring back the Chinese head tax 2bh, they should also retroactively apply it to any immigrants that landed after the year 2000. Have it as something nice and high though, probably $35k/person with deportation if it can't be paid.

>anything other than the maritimes
literally irrelevant

Victoria is literally a backwards ass shithole that's a good 10 years behind.

So happy I moved to the States when I did.

Wish I had done it 10 years sooner. You get out of Vancouver and realize how backwards and small it really is.

It only seems small because there is better property zoning management by the government to prevent city sprawl from eating up all the farmland outside the city. With no real zoning protections in the USA, you have speculators buying up farmland and then keeping it as farmland so it at least breaks even. They then wait for the city to get closer and then develop the land for houses. All this causes cities to sprawl sideways instead of building upwards. It makes rail sort of useless so only buses can serve that kind of sprawl.

>You get out of Vancouver and realize how backwards and small it really is.
I like how the city and regional governments try to manage growth and encroachment. It's kind of nice seeing farmland go right up to the city like in Japan. Urban sprawl makes problems for mass transit use.

>anything other than Toronto and Vancouver being relevant

FTFY

>its not real democracy
That's the whole point. Democracy is mob rule.

>electoral college is still retarded
Is it? Then why do so many countries have variations of it?

Clearly it is a type of mechanism that is necessary. Other countries have their own variation of electoral college but the streamlined it by making the elected officials into the electors. That's why you have in various countries ranging from Britain to Israel to various African countries all electing their Prime Minister via votes from the elected officials. So the electoral college concept exists in various forms all over the world.

Faggot.

Keep that shit in Vancouver. I want it to stay a literal Canada away from me.

that would be an issue if we were a democracy, good thing we're a republic

>he didnt vote for the god emperor

>not "i grow your food and produce your goods for export, so my opinion matters as much as yours"

The american left (which makes up the majority of major cities in the us) likes european style laws and regulations, and they try to enact them here because they think that what works for france or germany or the uk will work for us as well. because in an urban american environment, the living conditions and issues facing them are very simmilar to europe, and european style laws will benefit them. the issue with that is because europe is so heavilly populated, it has a lot of restrictions on farming, mining, logging, manufacturing, etc. since left unchecked, the pollution those industries cause *will* harm nearby populations. whereas in the us we have vast amounts of unused land and dont have to worry about that kind of thing. if we started regulating like the europeans do then we would kill whatever part of our economy hasnt allready left for asia/africa. But your average office working middle management white guy doesnt know this and votes because his wife tells him to. his wife votes left because womyn power, their son thinks everything should be free if we would only tax those big ceos, and jamal who sells moldy weed to the son votes left "cause dem republicans be raysis n' sheit". Ironically enough, josè, their gardener who immigrated legally probably voted trump because he's having to compete with all the other mexicans who got here illegally and wont be deported because the family he works for lives in a sanctuary city. but juanita, their maid, votes left so there can be more sancuary cities and her 21 cousins and inlaws can move here too.

My niggas.

I'd never live un Vancouver and expect to be able to drive around quickly or on a budget. If Vancouver Island goes tits-up I'm just going to move back to the Okanagan.