/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 8th:
217 – Roman Emperor Caracalla is assassinated. He is succeeded by his Praetorian Guard prefect, Marcus Opellius Macrinus.
876 – The Battle of Dayr al-'Aqul saves Baghdad from the Saffarids.
1232 – Mongol–Jin War: The Mongols begin their siege on Kaifeng, the capital of the Jin dynasty.
1730 – Shearith Israel, the first synagogue in New York City, is dedicated.
1866 – Italy and Prussia ally against the Austrian Empire.
1904 – The French Third Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland sign the Entente cordiale.
1942 – World War II: Siege of Leningrad: Soviet forces open a much-needed railway link to Leningrad.
1942 – World War II: The Japanese take Bataan in the Philippines.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12701051/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED
A
S
E
D

WHITE
H
I
T
E

4th for Johan

>sniffing intensifies

Okay anons, I've a question. I heard that you can basically just enable all DLC for the Crusader Kings II on Steam. While that sounds good on paper, since I don't have that much money to give to the jews, what are the chances of Steam catching on and subsequently punishing that?

I just started the game to play memedate in heaven for the first time and the loading screen hint I got was "the Ottomans are the strongest nation in the game, play them if you are a beginner."

Will paradox games ever go uphill in quality again?

as high as the chances of you dying from a car accident in the next year.
pretty fucking low
yes it is true they just keep on buffing them.
no.

Is it true that Sectors in Stellaris were supposed to be very important and huge territories that would diverge from the heartlands, really simulating an empire but they abandoned the idea and left an half-assed sectors mechanics instead because it was too much complicated for them?

>yes it is true they just keep on buffing them.
They reduced their coring cost national idea from 33 to 20% and also made it so the minimum you can get core reduction time down to is 6 month. Both nerfs.

yes. also people bitched about micro management.

Steam does not give a shit.

What features have *actually* been removed from HOI4 compared to the previous games?

Don't say tedious micromanagement.

>Age of Discovery => 1400 -1530
>Ottomans : +33% Siege Ability

>diplomacy and espionage.
>money and budget

What did they promised about micro management and didn't deliver?

political parties

> THIS IS 2 MUCH MICRO MANAGEMENT
remember that paradox sucks up the plebbit crowd not us.

Ah, cool. Wanted to make sure, y'see. Off to grab the DLC then. Thanks for the info.

Coalitions

>brandenburg views you as threat to their independence
>guarantee independence
>still see me as threat to independence
WEW LAd

brandenburg seeing through your shallow political plays and knows you're going to turn on them to moment you get the chance

>start a kuk game
>get me free general from the nobility
>0 fire 6 shock 3 maneuver 1 siege
What the fuck do I do with this guy? I could probably go and fuck over France right now if I wanted.

xth for FUCK MING

What would happens if they pandered instead to /gsg/?

the usual austria play

take land in northern italy for shadow kingdom, enforce PU on hungary and bohemia.

you'll probably have to fight france for papal land anyway

Sure hope the Ottoman meme is true for this update
the're step 4 of the current plan, and Deus Vult being at the end of the idea tree now fucks over quelling the reformation

SLIDERS

>preventing shadow kingdom
Why? you can re add it later for more Authority

genocide.

Why the fuck is state making in a new menu, what was so hard about being told the upkeep cost when I make it one

more princes means more monthly IA, it is more authority than a measily 15-20 you get from simply adding them to the hre

You *can* genocide aliums in Stellaris.

They had 60% war score
that recquires conquering it, and also means you'll suffer worse for letting outsiders attack the HRE

no, actual full genocide in all of paradox games.

Also, it's way easier to keep them divided and adding them to your swarm once you revoke. It definitely beats having a 10 italian province papal state meddling with your wars.

Playing a good emperor is super easy as austria and is far more effective than playing a map painting austria. At least till you revoke.

>play as cusco
>blitzkrieg the shit out of my neighbours
>pachacuti dies
>cannot expand any further because lmao mountains everywhere

meant also fugg

And yay Poland made peace with an isolated Hungary but only made them annul treaties with the tuetons no territory was taken, not sure what's better for my succesion wars

funny, isn't it that HPM is the only thing keeping this general on life support?

the general is pretty active mate

Not even close to what it was 2-3 years ago "mate".

Used to be, now it's /eu4ck2hoy4g/.

doesn't mean it's on life support mate

is culture conversion genocide?

It absolutely is. If HPM were to announce that he was quitting modding, the general would cease to exist within 6 months.

>you now realize we've been half a year without a single HPM update

Not the shooty stabby version of genocide, but the elimination of a culture is a form of genocide according to the UN.

Cultural genocide, not ethnic cleansing.
You use bird mana so it's more about changing their customs and language.

W&B

>marry Castille early on so they can fight Aragon in my papal wars
>notice their king is turning 60
>think it would be nice to have the throne
>BRMMMMMMMMMMM SUCCESION WAR
And just great as Aragon is allied with Hungary meaning I won't get that PU, as their king comes of age in 3 years, but also the Papacy meaning I'll probably get the shadow kingdom

Time for a GSG-poll, lads!

strawpoll.me/12701051/
strawpoll.me/12701051/
strawpoll.me/12701051/

No, culture conversion is based on Russification, basically they are forced to speak your language and you use forced ressetlement of both your people and the locals to break local communauties.

Is Johan a numale?

Guys I want play a royalist France campaign and after much trying and failing I have managed to change the flag and the color of France.

But I feel like having two white great powers in Europe is to much so I want to change the color of Austria.

What color should I give Austria?

The same as austria-hungary?

Is this a new nation from the patch, or just a formable vassal that's always been there, but never was due to Ottomeme aggressiveness?

They should let you choose the method. Either "nice" culture conversion using bird mana or "mean" culture conversion using sword mana.

It was always there

Poor little '''''white''''' merchant
thanks

Johan is ironpilled as fuark

oy vey

I'd like that.

AE, unrest and stuff from the sword mana version.

Ironpil?

exporting, stockpiling and trading certain resources is extremely limited
land trade appears to be impossible (convoys are required even with landlocked countries)
you can no longer exchange provinces (maybe with cheating)
you cannot take individual territories, only regions
no "support defence" button, you either micromanage or hope that the ai will reinforce a losing unit

>ally starts the siege so gets control even though I have more men
>we've had a breach since -50%
>we're now at 7%
>he still hasn't taken it despite being 10% larger

It's the step right before reaching the final pill, the Bogpill.

I'm sure his boyfriend would disagree

Should I war the slavs or turks first, and is it worth preserving the Byzantines or should I let them fall

hmm

is there really no alert in EU4 for missing electors when you're emperor?

>end Aragon's alliance with the Pope
>sends alliance to me even though he caught me fabricating claims
Shiggydiggy

>slavs or turks
slavs generally will never become a strategic threat, unlike the ottomans

>should i let the byzantines die
if ottomans get constantinople they get an event that makes it their capital and gives them some base tax. it might be better not to let that happen, as it will give them access to faster renaissance

>have 4500 soldiers
>18, 22 and 24 martial with good traits
>byzantines attack with 5000 soldiers
>over a mountain and over a river
>8, 15 and 0 martial
>they win

why did i fall for the "ck2 combat is complex" meme?

>high dev gives institutions
Silly me for forgetting
The consideration with slavs is to farm IA with them. At what date do the Ottomans become basically unstoppable without the holy allaince?

You are doing it wrong.
Import some Scots and make them commanders.
Make only light infantry.

That's how you win.

you generally want to stop them as soon as possible, before they start unifying their neighbours and their forcelimit makes them unstoppable. if you don't, other than waiting for some hundreds of years until they fall behind in tech, your options are limited.

Does adding province to the >H>R>E still increase IA, or did they patch that out, as the menu to do it says nothing?

Should i use mods for HOI3 and if so, which ones?

Looking at the map I feel like an invasive force.
One that is an outsider.
Maybe because I'm at the edge of the map

>light infantry
pikemen I mean

Should I focus on them more than the shadow war?

t. pagan with 0 tech and 4500 light infantry

get fucked by 450% offensive byzantine HC

Ally Poland get 10 favors, wait for the Ottomans to attack the Mamelucks and attack them.

>understands the system poorly and gets schooled
>chalks it up to bad luck since he doesn't understand what went wrong
>complains that the system isn't complex enough

oh damn.
no, failing to keep italy inside hre would be a huge setback.

while you are doing your thing, get an alliance/guarantee with byzantium. a friendly hungary is necessary for your armies to have access there. make sure you have a casus beli when the time comes. press it ideally when they are at war with the mamluks.

Didn't update the steam_api so lost my RoM, Cossacks and Mare Nostrum DLC, so don't have favours. Got Castille in PU instead of Hungary so can't use Hungary's casus beli, but they are hapsburgs. If I just try and get Poland in a PU should that work, when the Ottomans focus on Egypt.
And yeah Shadow War, yay or nay, as I already have claims on some of Venice, but taking to roman provinces always takes too long for me

t. norman with 3 tech (same as byzantium) and balanced levies.

>makes shit up

Teebeehacy, it's the new moral system which is fucked, I'm not saying the otherside needs to all die, but at least 60% should, and far more should be captured and ransomed via event if just 10 gold a thing

Ally Byzantium to be dragged into wars against Ottomemes stopping further conquest. And currently have no relations with Hungary, as I fucked up the succesion chain

clicking away even more trivial event windows is the absolutely last thing ck2 needs

>play EU4 after the latest patch and DLC
>ingame
>want to return to menu
>game crashes and has to reboot

>go back to the country picking screen
>want to go back to main menu for the settings
>game crashes and has to reboot

HUURR DURR PROGRAMMING IS DIF-FI-CULT

>play meme game
>get meme'd on
kill yourself dumb EU4 poster.

ah yes
fucking bohemians, the only huge protestant blob left that i want to convert

>game says king elected in bohemia
>shit pants
>still in PU with me
Nice to learn how the game codes
>
It doesn't crash that's just how they code it so it doesn't bug out for multiplayer people. Anyway why do you have to swap between menus, have you not been planning your run for ages, researching the true borders of your nation.

Name ONE (1) ally worse than England/Great Birtain in paradox games. Protip: you cant. They are too fucking dumb to leave their own fucking island to kill some irish rebels let alone help you do stuff in europe.

>1730 – Shearith Israel, the first synagogue in New York City, is dedicated.

So it's really just always been like that

Which map/font mod are you using?

you need to bribe me with qt anime girl in order to acquire this information