A FUCKING LEAF

What are the best and worst provinces in Canada for being a car enthusiast? Insurance, roads, salt, laws, etc. Trying to decide what air force bases I should put in my posting preferences.

Manitoba

There's salt everywhere except maybe some parts of BC. Insurance is expensive in BC and Ontario. Roads are shit in the prairies, everything is just straight roads or dirt. Laws are kind of shitty everywhere

Alberta and BC are the best. The rust is easily the worst in the world in Alberta but other than that it's pretty great aside from no tracks within 2 hours.

Anything is street legal basically.
Millions of km's of any type of road you want.
Insurance companies rarely ask for inspections. And when they do it's just a basic safety inspection.

>What are the best and worst provinces in Canada for being a car enthusiast?
Plenty of ricing in british columbia. It's becoming the "New China" due to rich chinese making it their second or even primary home despite being citizens of China.

That's mostly Hongcouver.

>mfw all the Aventadors and $300k supercars with N stickers

How big is Hongcouver now? I went there 8 years ago. The northermost end was Yaohan Plaza on No. 5 road. The southern end was that corner on No. 5 with those condominium towers. I think that road was Westminister??

Not sure. It's been a couple years since I've been there.

Manitoba is worst, go to 'berta or Nova Scotia.

What are you flying/fixing?

In addition the working/personal environment at CFB Winnipeg is absolute shit. Don't come here.

Condo towers replacing old business plazas, Steveston is getting a shit ton of townhomes, and they're slowly developing the area around Garden City and Alderbridge where is used to be just empty fields (A Walmart opened there recently).

Trying to sell my Ford fusion in Ontario. I don't want the stealership to jew me so trying to private sell.

It's an 11 leather awd v6 with under 60k km. Any advice on how this goes? I don't want a Tim Bosma situation.

>the stuck on pei

Quebec is BY FAR the worst

I'm at Borden right now. Would like Comox but that's like a 1% chance. Might put down Cold Lake but the roads around there look boring.
I don't know any French so that's unlikely.

if you live on PEI do you still have to pay the bridge toll?

didnt even know there was a toll when we were visiting one time

Qc here
In term of car culture yes we are the worst. Shitty road. Salt everywhere during winter plus SQ that act like they are in GTA nowaday. People are way less shitty that alberta one tho. I'l say go to b.c because of muh mountain road

>??

Greenwood should also be on you radar, I used to live there. 10/10.

Quebec
>no fault law make insurance cheap as fuck
>no etest or inspection ever
>only plate on the rear

What's good about Greenwood? Are there fun roads in Scotia?

Manitoba is pure shit. I went to Montebello Quebec a few years ago for a music festival and saw a Bricklin sitting in some guys backyard so Ill go with the frenchmen

Good and fun roads, great weather, cheaper cost of living, sister base to Comox which is probably a plus for you. Insurance is also not too bad from what I remember.

Quebec fucking sucks because every nice car is ruined by some jean guy frog ricer faggot who watches way too much fnf
Also our winters kill your car

Nunavut lol

I could see this being unironically fun. AWD car + Hakkepeliitta tires hektik everywhere. Doubt there are enough cops to even get caught

Nova Scotia is probably amongst the worst. Horrible roads and lots of salt.

>Quebecois """"""""""""""""""""""""people""""""""""""""""""""""""

Alberta. Insurance is cheap, lots of JDM cars, mountains, etc. only thing that sucks are the cops in Edmonton sometimes and old people/foreigners drive 20 under in the left lane of the highways and make turns right infront of you

i knew a guy that lived way up there and had a R33 GTR Skyline he drove yearround. my job was looking for people to relocate from Alberta to up north and if it wasnt for my girlfriend i would have considered it heavily

also fuck anything from out east. i was a mechanic for years and anything that came from Ontario or the far East coast you had to get the torch for everything. i remember about 5 years ago we failed an out of Province inspection on a 4 or 5 year old Mazda 3 from Ontario because the frame had rust rot already

>Old fart driving everywhere that are a fucking danger and cant take a turn over 30kph
>road are like third world because of polititian that steal all the fund for the road
>impossible to have a bike if your young plus stupid shitty law
Rockfest suck ass nowaday but yeah the people at montebello are rich and have pretty nice stuff

>because the frame had rust rot already
they should have rinsed the salt out but didn't.

Fuck man, I live in Nova Scotia, and I can tell you that the drivers here are among the worst. Fuck, it's hard to go across a crosswalk without the fear of someone ramming into you.

Borden is aids, leave here asap

I'm aware. Unfortunately this is where training is done for aircraft techs. Still better than Kingston if you can believe it.

Lotta Scotians here

I recommend Greenwood it's /comfy/ and the driving roads are great. No traffic to be seen and no one really gives a shit.

Avoid Halifax and Dartmouth and thrash the Valley all day.

South Onterrible is horrendous, but how bad is Northern Onterrible?

Roads are shit and lol no population density so enjoy waiting forever for you coilovers and complete lacl of tracks

Yea, its 46.50 but you only have to pay to leave.
That's how they get you stuck here.

Insurance in BC is quite cheap by comparison. It's provincial insurance in BC, so you guys pay half to 1/3 of what we do in Ontario.

Ontario is objectively one of the worst. Terrible BRINE used on the roads in the winter (not rock salt, but that liquid shit that coats your vehicle). Our speed limits are cucked to hell, they're bringing photo radar back to fuck us even more, we have incredibly restrictive laws on modifications, as well as incredibly arbitrary laws used for cops to go fishing (see window tint, licence plate protective covers).

Basically, unless you are driving a bone stock Hyundai Elantra, cops will have some excuse to pull you over and write you a ticket.

Plus we have E-tests here in most of Ontario, designed to rob your wallet and justify E-cuckery by our current nigger politicians.

If you're trading it in to a good dealership, they'll give you a good price. Remember you're saving taxes on the non-trade in costs of whatever you buy. Do the math, see what makes the most sense. When I traded in my old RAV4 it was apples to apples for the extra money I'd get selling private, vs. the money I was saving on taxes by trading it in.

Quebec is just the worst province in general. It has the worst people, too.

Ontario sucks because we have so many chinks/poos driving around. They cause insurance rates to skyrocket with their shit driving and fraud.

>Terrible BRINE used on the roads in the winter (not rock salt, but that liquid shit that coats your vehicle)
Dude just wash your car

>Our speed limits are cucked to hell
True, but I just use the 407 where everyone does 140

>they're bringing photo radar back to fuck us even more
Don't run reds?

>we have incredibly restrictive laws on modifications, as well as incredibly arbitrary laws used for cops to go fishing (see window tint, licence plate protective covers)
I've been driving catless for years, you have to be a retard to get pulled over for modifications

>Plus we have E-tests here in most of Ontario, designed to rob your wallet and justify E-cuckery by our current nigger politicians.
E-tests are free now, but keep whining

I have an idea, drive like a normal person on public roads instead of like a boy racer/real human bean and go nuts on one of the many race tracks we have on the weekend

It coats everything, everywhere on the car. Unless you have access to a lift that you can go under the vehicle and pressure-wash the shit off of it every week, it just sits under the car and rots away.

Used the 407 about 3 weeks ago, saw two pigs with people pulled over. I don't think there's been a time I've taken it that I haven't seen OPP parked somewhere on there.

The photo radar isn't for red light cameras, it's for speed. They've had red light cameras for a long time now. They're bringing back PR for speed enforcement. We had it in the 1990s and it was hated universally. It's a cash grab. Vote conservative, they killed PR last time and they will kill it again.

>E-tests are free now

Yes, as of literally 2 months ago they are free. And by free you mean tax payer money is used to pay the shops who were forced to buy the expensive equipment for the tests.

FYI if you were driving catless for years, you would've failed the E-test. Unless it's a new enough car that you're not required to take one yet.

Also I know you're trolling, but fuck off m8.

New Brunswick for cheapest insurance of all provinces, winters are shit cause of rust but there are some nice japan tier roads hidden away, Alberta is nice to live outside of the major cities and mountains are relatively close, roads are straight.

Alberta Here.

There are some good roads here, you just gotta look...

RCMP arnt fucking nazis here it seems, City cops on the otherhand...

>It coats everything, everywhere on the car. Unless you have access to a lift that you can go under the vehicle and pressure-wash the shit off of it every week, it just sits under the car and rots away.
Proper drive through car washes have under body sprays

>Used the 407 about 3 weeks ago, saw two pigs with people pulled over. I don't think there's been a time I've taken it that I haven't seen OPP parked somewhere on there.
lel get rekt, they always hide in like the same places super easy to predict

>The photo radar isn't for red light cameras, it's for speed. They've had red light cameras for a long time now. They're bringing back PR for speed enforcement. We had it in the 1990s and it was hated universally. It's a cash grab. Vote conservative, they killed PR last time and they will kill it again.
Yeah, they're in school zones where you shouldn't be speeding

>Yes, as of literally 2 months ago they are free. And by free you mean tax payer money is used to pay the shops who were forced to buy the expensive equipment for the tests.
Better than spending money on Syrian refugees wearing Yeezys, at least this benefits Canadians

>FYI if you were driving catless for years, you would've failed the E-test. Unless it's a new enough car that you're not required to take one yet.
O2 spacers you nig, as long as you car doesn't through a check engine light you're good because that's all they check on a '96 and newer

Did you just start driving or something?

Anyone know any fun mountain pass in the GTA?
I live northern Markham

>GTA
>mountain pass
I mean there's Forks of the Credit

You could always go to Blue Mountain, but it's always busy

Wynn voter detected.

Name some roads that arnt west Alberta and arnt straight

Reading this thread: the best place is where you aren't, the worst place is where you are.

We've got (almost) no fun roads, universally low speed limits, relatively high cost of ownership (insurance/purchase price), cops WITH QUOTAS or "goals" as they say and no law against it, and each province has at least 1 bad regulation (emissions, safety, mods, etc).

So.. All of Canada is pretty shit. Move south like all the smart people, even their flyover states are more interesting than most anywhere in Canada.

Well.. Maybe in 3.5 years when "that" whole thing is over.

>Yeah, they're in school zones where you shouldn't be speeding

Yep, and the GST is a temporary measure to help pay for the war. That ended a century ago.

>le liberal boogeyman
Don't you have high school final exams to study for?

This confirms it.

Fuck off Pajeet.

Name calling is how you know you've lost a discussion

Nice one user, he used an image that originated on Veeky Forums but was later used on plebbit and you told him to go back to plebbit because clearly he came from plebbit.

Chill out Ahmed, don't be so sensitive.

>lost a discussion

You don't lose a discussion, Ting Lee. You lose an argument.

lel keep sperging out you teenagers

>said the teenager

>you're a teenager!
>n-no you're a teenager!
Don't you guys own cars or something that you should be working on or driving? Or are you just shitposting from the bus?

>Pajeet trying to deflect now

Thanks, guess I'll start with Forks of the Credit

I thought this was Veeky Forums, not /g/

What gives you the idea that I'm in India? How would a field shitter in India even have access to the internet let alone find and shitpost on Veeky Forums?

>How would a field shitter in India even have access to the internet let alone find and shitpost on Veeky Forums?

You clearly don't spend any time on /pol/, there are literally Indians on that board who shit in fields and argue against using toilets. It's been verified, too, they're not just trolls using proxies.

Also I don't think anyone thinks you LIVE in India, it's just that you are shitposting at the level of a brainwashed, smug liberal urbanite minority who drives some riced Integra.

Anywhere but cold lake AB.

Literally nothing but flat straight highway in any direction for 6 hours. Avoid at all cost, unless offroading is your thing, but even then their are better places for that.

I've been on /pol/, still makes no sense in a thread about Canada

>you are shitposting at the level of a brainwashed, smug liberal urbanite minority who drives some riced Integra
I mean sure you can believe that if you like, guess my little comment about Syrian refugees wasn't enough too hint at where I lean politically. Still doesn't change the fact that this "you're either with us or against us" attitude is cancerous, on both sides of the political spectrum

Syrian refugees just make it harder for you to turn Toronto into India 2.0, that's why you don't like it.

They're competition, plain and simple. More gibs for them means less gibs for you.

Nice damage control kid. Guessing you live in the GTA as well right?

Wanna join me and several other Veeky Forumstists for bubble tea? Or join us at Cayuga on the weekend and see who can get the fastest lap?

Shit, my family is in AB, so I was kind of interested.

Theres jobs up there, but its about as depressing of a place to live as it can get.

Plus the only people who move there tend to be oilfield guys or airforce guys, so if you're single and looking to mingle you better be ok with the 37 year old native chick from the rez with 7 kids because she's the only girl there.

I wouldn't associate with anyone from this board outside of this board. Ever.

Yeah you're right, I guess it's hard to match Veeky Forums meets with bus schedules

It should be infinitely easier then, they could all just meet at the bus terminal.

Spoiler: Pajeet is the bus driver.

More like you can't because you don't have a car

I have 3 cars.

And yet you still won't meet me in person

Nova Scotia is fucking disgusting for car-culture. Anything older than 20years is either rotten, or boomer taxed to fucking hell.

I have been hit by a truck, as well.

I do like my secret twisty, though.

No you don't

What are some good roads near Calgary? I've been desperate to find some good mountain roads.

>Unless you have access to a lift that you can go under the vehicle
You can buy angled sprayer wands and they extend far enough under to rinse the bottom off. And you probably didn't read the multiple past threads about how to deal with salt. All of them had people posting their methods of getting rid of salt not just at home, but even when they commute to work. Easy going and not much trouble.

But you insist that you cannot do it unless you have a lift that is gold plated and it must be personally made by Hephaestus or you cannot rinse the bottom. That is bullshit.

Go and read those archived salt threads and see what people did when they went to work. Their cars don't rot. I have a friend that only has very little rust. He rinses.

Why walk down the path of car harm by trying to invent reasons why you will not try to get rid of the salt? Be positive and think of ways to do it cheaply and without much bother. Other people did in the past salt threads. Read them all because different threads can have different ideas. Certainly not all posters are online to post in each thread nor do they want to copypasta their responses again.

Cleaning the salt off a car would require owning one in the first place

>live in onterrible
>mandatory front license plate
Sufferingarino

Where abouts?

Hockley Valley

Not far at all. Ever consider joining us at one of our autistic get togethers in 'sauga or Cayuga?

QC here, wanna make a case for this hellhole.

First off what everyone has said so far is true.

But:
>shit roads ruin nignog Rimz
>cops aggressively target inbred-tier stance and camber
>traffic flows at 130km/h in urban areas, 140+ elsewhere
>ultra cheap rego and insurance means everyone can afford winter/summer cars
>mandatory snow tires + brutal winters teach assholes how to drive gud
>if you live nead montreal youre never more than 100 yards from a JDM mechanic
>did i mention no fault insurance is cheaper than piss
>cops barely bother chasing becauss they just need to fill quotas, not work hard.
>literally stance Holocaust. Its great.
>ontario btfo

Inb4 ontarians talk shit about frogs

I ziptied mine off center so that it's not blocking the radiator, the stupid cooling system needs all the help it can get

Join us

>French
And it's ruined

Just stay near montreal, like 75% of the population does.

Maybe one day. I usually go to EA auto every first Sunday if it's not raining.

Why the fuck can't I find a good eg or ek civic around Montreal I need a hatch to fit my autistic hockey goalie gear

yeah but you have to buy an insurance from the SAAQ at a fixed rate. It help a lot when you drive an old mustang gt but it suck when you got a normie shitbox.
Also the insurance sold by the SAAQ on motorcycle is pretty expensive especially if you got a bike on the "moto a risque" list.

Fellow Scotian, the twisty ass Waverly road is fun late at night.

The Mt Norquay road is pretty legit.
Minnewanka road
Bow Valley parkway

No clue where that is.

Is it anywhere on Cape Breton Island?

I live in Alberta, and I don't own a car because of how fucking expensive insurance is for 18-25 year old males. I would pay like 6000 a fucking year and that's way too much for me. Nice roads around where I live though, so there's that.

How many fucking tickets do you have? Even something like a brand new Vette isn't even that bad. Insurance isn't that bad on boring normal cars. You must be looking at Civic SI's and Subaru's and shit.

0 tickets. I've barely been driving at all other than my parents cars (just finished high school last year). Maybe it's because I'm looking at a lot of jdm cars such as WRX'S and Skylines.

Yeah that explains a lot.

>tfw Californian
>cars never rust
>smog laws are gay but there's still ass loads of pre-1970s cars