/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd in Sumaru City: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MnHqMeGR-rE
youtube.com/watch?v=U4uD8WPXEpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anal with Makoto!

Ryuji and Ann make a cute couple

*Anne

AN OASIS IN A SINGED LAND

So do you think Goro deserved the ending he was dealt?

I love Goro!

Is it weird that it's the 25th and I've spent no time with Ann? I kept leveling knowledge, guts and proficiency for some reason instead of kindness and whereas everyone else is focusing Ann I've gone with Ryuji once and Tae once.

Most Underrated P5 Song:

youtube.com/watch?v=MnHqMeGR-rE

they're both the "memorable human villain/killer/fujobait" of their games though, it's really not surprising that people compare the two

if you seriously think adachi was meant to be fujobait you're retarded

Deserved it but if he did survive and get a second chance, that's also good.

For me, it's still this:
youtube.com/watch?v=U4uD8WPXEpM

>as it's shown that he wasn't a bad person at heart
He absolutely was, he ruined the lives of thousands, including several murders all for personal gain

I wouldn't mind if P5A revealed that Goro is alive but he had to abandoned his old identity and while the PT were reluctant allowed him to start a new life with a new name

Why does Morgana slam his face into the tv screen?

he wasn't, but he is and he's popular for it.
in fact I think that's probably why goro is fujobait-y as fuck, because adachi was popular and they thought if they actually did it from the get-go with a new character, then said character would be even more popular and look what happened now

Goro is simply better written as a charcter

I took ages to do ann, couldn't find her/she was in the hospital and then didn't have enough kindness.

But then I powered through her fairly quickly and got up to crocodile tears rank

Coffee dad is the worst for me, he takes ages and right now the evening has opened up with multiple confidants who I want to do first (politician, gun shop and teacher)

>Lets not do that today

And? That doesn't mean I can't call them dumb for it.

>Elevator "music" is good because its made in japan
Weebs, everyone

GET THAT CHUBBY ASS OF YOURS TO BED JOKER!

this general is going so fast no one will realize makoto a shit

is anyone ever gonna update the portrait compilation in the OP with the blinking/mouth moving sprites

I'm a shapshefter is comfiest evening song.

It wouldn't be so chubby if you let me train

>Just looked at Joker's ass after reading comment
>His ass is actually fat

Holy fucking shit

What do you want? Heavy metal?

Personal gain for what? He was a kid abandoned and abused all his life taking revenge on the person who did that to him. He was clear he'd be destroyed along with Shidou after he outs him anyway. He never thought what he was doing was right as he referred to his deeds as being "sins". Goro's flaws lie in that he never sought to help others or gain friends to help him because he never thought it was necessary. The PT would never have bothered to talk sense into him if he were on the level of the other villains in this game.

You clearly haven't even been paying attention to the game.

>ywn grab his fat ass
;_;

Revenge is personal gain desu

all I said is that both of them obviously fit in the same category for players of the series in recent memory, and that you sperging out about it is pretty dumb and a waste of time
they're going to be compared because they're the closest thing to each other, and you're not better than the people comparing them just for being autistic

I'm a chef shifter
What else should I be?
Please don't take all my knives
Reveal in dough

I will be so salty if you can't fuck the doctor

What was his endgame?

Personal gain to get revenge against Shido. Don't be obtuse. He's sympathetic, but that doesn't excuse anything he did.

Is Joker cute?

So assuming you spent your time wisely on NG+ you have max social stats and items that give you the effects of any confidant you maxed

What the fuck do you spend your time doing?

How is making one post in a reply to another post saying that Goro was "Adachi done right" sperging out?

Yeah - he was a kid lashing out at the world for treating him so poorly which is the same for all the Phantom Thieves expect Morgana. All of them went through shitty suitations/backstories but yet rose above it and became better people and chose to reform people rather than killing while Goro did not - he focused himself on revenge.

I remember in P3 you could go to the arcade and spend time to boost stats of your Persona, is there anything similar here?

1. Revenge
2. Popularity (faggot loves being the famous kid detective)

you seemed pretty worked up about explaining how totally different they are, and then you said you were willing to call people dumb for making a comparison between the two as if you're so much better
you're kind of a sperg desu

I don't know about everyone else but I'm gonna go for a gun build on playthrough 2

It's not really viable on the first run through because of the guts requirement on one gun confiant and the late start date on the other

But with them and a related Persona it should be fun

It doesn't excuse his actions, but my previous post was saying Goro's not a bad person at heart, he knows what he's doing is wrong. He is misguided and twisted due to his upbringing, that's why he's both a victim and a perpetrator --something the game straight up fucking tells you.

What's your point? You're arguing something completely different to what they're saying.

are elemental break skills worth keeping a slot for?

Nobody is saying he's not a victim and a perpetrator, who are you arguing with here? Maybe he's not a bad person "at heart", but he did terrible things and deserved retribution for it.

They are situationally useful.

>He's not a bad person at heart
>Yes he is he killed all these people
>He was manipulated and he does feel remorse and knows he's wrong
>But he killed them and he's a bad person
>Umm no

Just saying there's more to this black and white morality

>Akechi apologists
Jesus christ. I bet if he wasn't good looking, you fags wouldn't give two fucks about him

desu I think his death was necessary for his character in the fact that he was willingly removing himself from the cycle of abuse he got himself into and sacrificing himself for the people that shattered his belief that the only way he could be accepted is if he was putting on an act. It's ultimately unsatisfying yeah, but, the game pushes the "worse than death" thing for the targets, and death was a way to free himself and be done with everything while the targets have to live with everything they've done.
My only gripe is that Shidou treated his death as convenient for him, but, whatever.

Goro's life was very shitty but the rest of the Phantom Thieves had it bad.

P5MC - Treated as a Criminal by everyone with no one wanting anything to do with you all for saving a women, having no friends and even the parents didn't even stick up for him. Basically got treated like shit

Ryuji - Kamoshida bullied him constantly,had to deal in a difficult home situation with a single mother and a drunk father who left. All his hopes and dreams were crushed in front of him by Kamoshida.

Ann - Got treated by most pepole as the slut and an outsider as such she had very few freinds. Then she get rumors spread about her and Kamoshida only to find out that her best friend had been emotionally/mentally abused.

Yusuke - Got adopted surely because Madarame wanted to keep the truth behind Sayuri a secret. Forced to live in questionable conditions and was emotionally abused by a man who did not care about art at all. Plus his foster father caused the death of his mother.

Makoto - Had to live with no mother and father only having an emotionally distant and selfish sister in her family life. Had unreasonable expectations placed upon her by everyone and was manipulated constantly by people for her own gain and she couldn't do anything about it

Futaba - Had to deal with the death of mother, blaming herself for the death of her mother as well as extreme depression and suicidal tendencies not being able to even going out of the house. Plus she had to heal with hallucinations that blamed her for her mother's death.

Haru - Was controlled all her life by a father who while did care for her ultimately cared more about his work than anything else while also having to deal with an abusive finance that she was forced to marry into for the family. She was simply a tool for her family to use however they please.

Honestly anyone in the Phantom Thieves could have turned out like Goro but they didn't.

>There's a small chance that crafting lockpicks will sometimes give you 3 proficiency instead of 2
Fucking why?
Who designs this and thinks "Yeah this will make the game more fun."

Kek

>anyone in the Phantom Thieves could have turned out like Goro but they didn't
yeah, that's the point. they had each other. by the time goro meets joker he's already too far gone after a lifetime of no friends and being abandoned by social structures meant to help him.

I never said he didn't deserve it, I'm just saying he was meant to be a conflicting character and if Altus wants to bring him back or flesh him out more later you bet they have plenty to work on.

Kek even the haters can't deny he's good looking

Yusuke straight up says he would have turned out like Goro had it not been for the PT. Goro was alone all his life and did everything by himself.

I wonder what happened if all of them kept having no friends - would they have eventually ended up like Goro

goro had it objectively the worst in the fact that he was in the shitty foster system most of his life, had shidou as a parent, had absolutely no support system, and was even cherry picked by yaldy to be set loose with the ability of the wild card and the access to people's palaces without a magical talking cat telling him what to do. i don't think he should be forgiven for everything, but, you're being deliberately disingenuous if you think him having it the worst out of everyone and that being the reason for turning out like he did isn't the whole point.
>Honestly anyone in the Phantom Thieves could have turned out like Goro but they didn't.
yeah, exactly. yusuke literally says this, but he didn't because he had the PT.

>Class time
>Teacher starts talking about the Three Kingdoms
>Finally all that time playing Musou will pay off
>"I want to ask you about the great strategist"
>Already know the answer is Zhuge Liang
>"What dish did Zhuge Liang invent?"
Well that caught me off guard.

>m-muh haters
And here I thought you people couldn't get any worse. I like Akechi, I'm just not fucking autistic. Grow up.

Yeah he did get it the worse i admit and that's a factor definitely but i do think there was a choice in his actions and he took the wrong path

Repeating my question from last thread: Anybody knows the floors for Regents? An hour later and not a single one of those fucks has shown up. I'm starting to suspect that they just can't spawn in the first two areas and you need to wait until after the second dungeon.

when

Just because someone bothers to read a little deeper into the character to understand them. Nobody's saying he's a dindu.

he chose to approach shidou, after that there was no way to get himself out of that without being killed himself. even then that being a choice is debatable considering he was hand picked by yaldy to do so. before his boss fight he says that there was nothing he, a child, could do about shidou, but then he suddenly discovered the palace and he felt like was given a chance. dude got played by fucking everyone.

I want Makoto to attempt to femdom me, fail, and then have Sae come in to teach her how to do it.

Is it really reading deeper when the game straight up tells you these things?

Does the cat follow me everywhere? Can't I go to the movies without him tagging along?

Has anyone made a list of which personas spawn in which dungeons? Don't want to miss one accidently.

Here's what i think might have happened if the PT wasn't formed

P5MC - Treated like shit by everyone constantly, devlops depression/mental/social issues and there is no one that wants to help him gets better. Becomes an isolated loner

Ryuji - Treated shit by everyone and his anger gets so high that he starts go around hurting him and picking a fight with everyone eventually going to jail.

Ann - Develops Depression after Shiho's attempted suicide and gets manipulated by Kamoshida in doing "things" with him. Eventually Shiho has a falling out and Ann spirals further into depression.

Yusuke - Yusuke finds out eventually on what Madarame is doing, after finding out the truth about Sayuri he kills him and becomes homeless. Because mentally unstable for being lied to for his entire life

Makoto - Eventually gets fed up of everyone manipulating her and decides to go after the Yakuza herself but isn't strong enough and is treated like a toy by Kaneshiro and co - she is emotionally broken and is forced to go to a mental hospital/rehab as she breaks down after being found taken drugs.

Futaba - Became so depressed that she committed suicide

Haru - Is forced to remain forever isolated from the world and unhappy having to deal with an abusive husband and controlling father. My guess is eventually she would kill herself being unable to cope.

Everyone understands his character, most of us just aren't being autistic about it and accusing others of not getting it.

The cat is there when you fugg your waifu too.

If nobody is saying he's innocent, then why are you even arguing with each other.
With how you keep parroting the same crap to each other over and over again, it's impossible to not know Akechi's entire "character" even if you don't give a shit or haven't played the game anyway so I don't get why you're being all smug about it either
Also this

Baton pass is probably the most ridiculous thing in this game

I wasn't on your side of this dumb argument don't bring me into this

Yusuke doesn't seem like the kind of person who would just kill Madarame. He was pretty adamant that Madarame wasn't doing anything wrong. More than likely he'd just be trapped making excuses for him until he stopped being useful and got kicked out.

I teared up during the scene with the hot pot where Ryuji was talking about his mom desu

what
I quoted you because I didn't want to type what you said myself retard, we're all anonymous here. Did you forget? "You" are nobody.

How do you use it effectively?

>goro arguments again
make it stop

Is there any negatives with dating multiple people in P5 like there was in P4?

is ryuji skill adverse resolve only gives him crit when we get ambushed?

seems pretty shit should i replace it?

I want to make a FAQ for the OP so the only question can be this one

Hit an enemies weak point, baton pass to an ally that can another weak point, or just change to a persona with another weak point.
It's better to have an ally who can hit a weak point because you can just baton pass around for free damage boosts

>Jap line: I'll ask around my school and see if there are any victims
>Eng line: I'll ask around Kosei and see if there are any victims

I mean there's nothing wrong with it, but at that point in the story I've not heard anyone actually mention Yusuke's school by name, do it just seems like without context it'll confuse people who don't know what "Kosei" is

If I decline ryuji's phone call for rank 6 do I get another chance? He says he'll call again the next time he catches the teacher drinking but it's been like a month

>You will never watch DVDs with your talking cat who is also your partner in stealing hearts

>rent a DVD
>let's not do this today
>let's not do this today

What a unique post

Veeky Forums decided to post by itself, what the fuck.

>let's not do this today
>let's not do this today
>let's not do this today
>let's not do this today
>let's not do this today
>pay us back good goyim :^)
I FUCKING HATE YOU YOU FUCKING CAT

they waive the late fee if morgana makes you miss the return date stop posting this

YOU
DON'T
GET
CHARGED
LATE
FEES
WHEN
MORGANA
MAKES
YOU
MISS
THE
DUE
DATE

don't talk to me or my persona ever again

>Yusuke says in the group chat that we should shake some dude down
>then texts just me saying we should blow that off and shoot the shit instead

B-but last time i got charged 3kY when I went to the store strait off the plot rails.

>Kaneshiro's palace

This is a pretty low point considering how great the rest of the game has been. Everything about it is boring from the color scheme, design, length, etc.