Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo: pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740

/rpgmg/ Discord:
discord.gg/CPvWzJK
Chain Game: Chapter 1
dropbox.com/s/p7ljbsji7tqgdxa/CollabProj.zip?dl=0
Chapter 2 in progress | BSTAnon

Other urls found in this thread:

victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/enemy-skills/
rpgmakerweb.com/
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/qplugins-latest-qm-regioncolliders.73023/
github.com/quxios/Quasi-MV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins
mega.nz/#!h3xmjRjS!L1fLVmz0ER9mCQ7DkO9HGgP5hOkZbp-3a2gWT2tzvPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok so let run this mechanic by you

I like the idea of rewarding the player for the variety of enemies rather than the amount. In a story you might see someone who slays dragon and thus has skills to counteract them.

I'll try to explain this

>you fight an enemy, perhaps it's a flying insect
>you select an 'observe' command in battle
>it uses a move like double team to raise its evasion
>if the player observes enough of these moves they learn a skill
>such as ''True Aim'' that never misses

lets try this here

extra bump for notice

>
>172764664

previous

I'll samefag one more time to try and get this going.
if it doesn't work I give up.

Fuck, and I was about to make a new general with updated stuff. Oh well.

Can someone PLEASE share a file to dl to some FSM tilesets ect. Id really appreciate it.. I have no DLCs besides the ones in OPs links.

Sounds kinda neat

thanks, I'm not good at programming but I think it will be reasonable to do.

if i give each attack archetype it's own exp value..

victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/enemy-skills/

bump

If I use MV, can I also use resources that were compatible with VX Ace?

Is the link to the chain game in the OP not working for anyone else, or is it just me?

I know the thread isn't Tech support, but I have to ask.

Does the MV repack in the OP work? I constantly get a black screen when I playtest or try to export and play.

Googled the issue for an hour. Nothing works. Better yet this problem seems to be common. Even better every problem seems to be caused by something different for different users, so no way to establish a possible bug or cause.

Is it just me?

Sounds like an interesting idea but I get the awful feeling I'd be obliged to collect every possible observed skill. It might be worth considering it as a passive skill, possibly with a player stat that increases likelyhood of learning (wisdom or perception for example).

Imagine taking a magnifying glass, ecologist or beast-master to the local swap to study dragonflies. What you learn from them might be useful against the raging dragon you foolishly agreed to vanquish. Know your enemy.

It works, Your graphics card might not support the Opengl or Openal or whatever rpg maker uses. Try deploying the game and seeing if it's only the test that's breaking.

Yeah the deployed test game does the same thing.

Here's the funny thing. I had an older version of MV on disk I forgot about. 1.05 I think. And as you can guess it works like a charm. Thought I'd update the thing and now I have diddley dick.

Oh well. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

>learning the new scripting language
>make a very basic actor
>HELL YEAH I FEEL LIKE A GOD

Well that's just strange, I don't think they changed the requirements so if you were able to play it before there should be no issue now.

Does this happen on every project you make?

Try this. Go here
rpgmakerweb.com/

Download the trial for rpg maker mv, Test to see if the trial is broken as well. If you can test something with the trial with no black screen then it could be an issue with the crack for some reason.

So I'm pretty much done with my game and it's already on Steam Greenlight, but I was wondering where would be some good places on the internet to show it off, for publicity reasons.

Someone have a link to the Fantasy Heroine Character Pack?

Help

Gone for me, too.

Paging Dr. LeoHeart

Is anyone else nodev here?

I dev but not in RPG Maker. I just like playing RPG Maker games.

I haven't seen Virgodev for a while
Did she died?

thanks

passive skill might be better

He/she rarely posts here, but has an active tumblr. Gained a pretty big following in no time

bump

>no screenshots in the thread
keep us alive
POST PROGRESS

I would but I'm at work

Well FUCK me with a cactus!

I decided to fuck around some more and it kinda worked?

But only projects created in v1.0. v1.4 just can't make projects for some ungodly reason, but it CAN run v1.0 created ones.

I think it has something to do with the js folder. Older one works, newer one doesn't. Obviously
something will brake in a matter of time if I keep using the older one with the newer version.

Who ever programmed this utter mess ought to be hanged on a tree outside the company office to set an example. Fucking hell.

started working on a game, my biggest effort was on the aesthetics, what do you guys think?

Why not.

Looks pretty nice! Inspired by Space Funeral, isn't it?

Thought it was Space Funeral from the thumbnail.
Looks cute.

We're getting a lot of mspaint devs lately, not that I'm complaining.

Yes, A LOT of space funeral influence on the art, really love that game(OST influnced as well)

and yes, around 90% was made on mspaint, im really a noob when it comes to making rpg maker games, is there something """wrong"""? i wanna correct myself as much as possible and make a great game

>maybe vinesauce will play it one day

Ops forgot to tag you and tagged the other guy twice ayy lmao

If you're going for the Space Funeral "it's supposed to look like that" aesthetic I don't see anything wrong with it.

Is the main character a skelly?

Yes, all the characters in the game are actually, it started out as a joke too, but then i started making real "lore"

I remember having the same problem with 1.3 or something.
I think I fixed it by making a new project and choosing a different project folder.

I have the same issue and can't find a fix either. Projects made in 1.3.4 work fine, though.

Or maybe, to discourage learning EVERYTHING, using the observe command gives you the CHOICE to learn the skill after combat. But, every skill you learn explicitly makes it harder to do [something]. Learn more skills or something.

BoF3 did this but you learned the move like a Blue Mage instead. Also, everyone could do it.

BUMP

Never give up

People have made some wacky stuff in RPG Maker

How come even if I set my Invocation to -999 my character still goes first? VXA with Yanfly plugins.

I always see stuff like this and think, surely at some point it would have been easier to do it in Game Maker or some other 2D engine instead of trying to work around RPGM's limitations, right?

Still commendable that they do it.

Post progress

Okay a little looking around i just found out the Quasi Demo i linked in the last thread was kind of old which is why it didn't work very well. Here's the updated Quasi plugins with a better updated demo. It's good shit.

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/qplugins-latest-qm-regioncolliders.73023/

Almost done, should finish tonight.

Doesn't look bad but it feels like that his forehead is too small.

bump

How easy is it to just draw a background and apply invisible walls over it? Not that custom tilesets are impossible, they're just a pain when aiming for a non-sprited style.

Pretty easy

That's called parallax mapping, and it's relatively simple.

Give me your story in up to 5 sentences

Asshole wizards make a tower that grants wishes.
Asshole wizards backstab eachother and die.
Some shitlord wants to resurrect his waifu.
Some bitch knight wants to save her kingdom from a depression.
Some fuckwad wizard wants people to notice him.

Okay so some of his old plugins have been dropped so here's my suggestion if you use his plugins.

Get rid of his QRegionColliders, QCollisionMap and QMovement from the new stuff, And grab his old Quasi Movement from the old link here

github.com/quxios/Quasi-MV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins

You want the old one because for some reason Quasi decided to drop support for his QuasiRegionLock and his QuasiDepth plugins you can find those at the link as well and they require the old Quasi Movement plugin. The old Quasi Movement plugin is coded together with his RegionColliders and Collisionmap plugins so you're not losing those by getting rid of them and honestly QuasiRegionLock is one of his best plugins.

RegionLock allows you to set numbered regions to each individual NPC by adding a simple comment in the event with so you can have say a huge city with hundreds of random NPC's walking around only specific areas. So JoeShmo down by the drug dealers house will walk randomly only on region 8 squares and Grandma Josephine can be 80 tiles away walking around in region 25 which is sidewalk only and Car events are traveling on region 3 (the road). It's like Yanfly's region restriction plugin but instead of blocking tiles it allows tiles for specific events to walk on.

Nympho adventurer girl seeks bestiality

If I use MV, can I also use resources that were compatible with VX Ace?

bump

MV uses 48x48 by default while Ace uses 32x32.
You could edit them a little to make them fit.

It's tough to upscale because to upscale perfectly without the pixels getting screwed up you have to double the size so 32x32 would need to go to 64x64. taking them to 48 just sucks.

>maybe vinesauce will play it one day
what a sad goal

Can someone post a download link for the collab game since the link in OP is down currently?

I have a pitiful upload speed, I'm sorry

It's the thought that counts.
I can wait about 4 hours, if you want to try anyways.

I can. About to get off work. I've got google fiber

I appreciate it dude.

Good feeling, innit?

What's the best upload site to use?

I typically use mega.nz, but anything's fine. Dropbox, google drive, whatever.

sorry it's taking so long. I had to take a huuuuuuge shit. But I'm uploading now, my dude

does this work?

mega.nz/#!h3xmjRjS!L1fLVmz0ER9mCQ7DkO9HGgP5hOkZbp-3a2gWT2tzvPE

Not him but yes, can be downloaded just fine.

Bubbly and geeky shark lass cosplays as a hero she admires and is then dragged into saving the world as she is mistaken for that hero.
What costume she wears determines her class and maybe will lead her into a different adventure.
Potentially duels the real hero in the end who seeks revenge for the impostor stealing their spotlight, and wins.

Thanks for taking the time, my dude.

NP. listen for me on the podcasts....

Studying anatomy sure is fun

I'm sure it is

That's a pretty cryptic suggestion considering I don't know who you are, but alright.

Oh, I'm not doing THESE kinds of studies. yet

bump

Thread bump and good taste thumbs up to this user.

Tell me more. I need to know more.

Took me a few hours but i finally figured out Qsprite and the Qsprite app. Took me forever getting this test spritesheet though, There's very few 2D games with diagonal movement, Finally got one from a DS game.

Good night bump

looks good

It's amazing the different diagonal movement makes to the look, looks so much better already.

If anyone wants the spritesheet, It's from Lock's Quest. I had to invert a few things horizontally so the bottom 3 rows are backwards where all the other rows are 6 idle, 6 walk and 6 run animation the last rows are are 6 run, 6 walk and 6 idle and they need to be inserted right to left not left to right.

I had to upscale it as well since it was kind of tiny.

Live.

Never finished.

Is it possible to make a battle system similar to say, the Heros franchise? Or something where tactics are based on battlefield positioning rather than character stats?

Which Heroes franchise?

So recently I went back home and met family and played Danganronpa and it inspired me to draw my portraits in a similar style in one of my games.

What games/movies/etc inspired you recently?

Should I use Saikawa or are there better tile editors out there?

bump