2018 Camry has 301HP

Be honest Veeky Forums is your car slower than a Camry?

youtu.be/3XL_gKPSvTk

Meanwhile at Mazda: 184hp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LrHgHstEbiw
youtu.be/beMduKJ5o_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah but that's the $40k SLXELXXEE sport model. What's the point of spending that much on a Camry?

>they wont drop this engine in the toyobaru

>Toyota selling a rebadged is350 with none of the luxury options and an uglier body for the same price

Comfort, reliability, practicality, lots of features, smoking kids in Civics and hot hatches and destroying their ego

Oh, that's a nice entry level Lexus

You could get a lightly used 6 speed manual Chevy SS for that much, which is a much MUCH better car in every single way.

This.

U L T I M A T E S L E E P E R

>>>>>>>>pushrods

oh good, the ugly x grill has made it to the average toyotas

>GM
>ugly as hell
>sounds like shit
>manual

doesnt seem better at all

Implying that's a bad thing.

>that front end

HAHHAHAAHAH

Just get a v8 muscle car for that money.

if pushrods are so superior, why aren't they used in racing more often?

>muh 300 hp for stop and go commutes or cruising the highway to work at 65 mph

>understeers infront of you

>t. slowcuck who gets BTFO by a camry

>even being able to find one in manual

Good luck

Also the interior is worse

I did, and the interior is great. I don't see how all you guys who've never sat in one let alone driven it can complain about its interior.
It sounds great, what are you talking about?
youtu.be/LrHgHstEbiw

>Literal Shit engine
>sounding good
>ever

see
he gets it

Memes don't make it true, user. Also that's fairly subjective, what sounds good to me may not to you. The 16/17 VFII models with the active exhaust sound amazing.
youtu.be/beMduKJ5o_M

It's GM and not a Cadillac. That's how we know the interior is shit.

>Toyota's family sedan has double the HP and torque as their sportscar

What the fuck is Toyota thinking

they really don't tho

2800lbs vs 3500lbs. Weight reduction costs a fuckload. Why do you think a Superlegerra or whatever costs $50k more than the regular version?

Their "sportscar" isn't out yet.

Those case fans in the front better have red LEDs

>even being able to find one in manual
I will never understand this meme. There are literally 50+ within 200 miles of me

>red LEDs
>not RGB
Get with the fucking times, grandpa.

(You)

Is350 is rwd, es350 is the camry

Pretty much the ultimate commuter, and salty poorfags won't key it and niggers won't try stealing it because it's just a Toyota.

That being said the only racing you'll ever do in it is at the stoplights, and the only thing you'll get to bully are ricers in Civics and BRZs.

>thinking the new accord isn't still going to shit all over it

>still 278hp and SOHC

Calling it now. The Civic is Accord sized now, and the Accord no longer prints money.

i own a brz.....so yes :(

If you live somewhere that bad you should be putting that $40k towards not living in a shithole instead of a fwd high class shitbox.

>literally trying to justify spending $40k on a camry

Plus its a cvt unless you get a v6 but most honda buyers buy one for the 4 cylinder

No mine is faster.

2nd post best post

More like the new Accord is just going to end up going the 2.0-2.4L tarbo route outputting 280-300hp because the world is gay and hates displacement.

Spending $55k on a souped up grandmamobile is almost as retarded...

Toyota doesnt.

You'll have to deal with subhumans sooner or later. At work, at the shops, wherever. Life isn't spent in the basement of a house in a niceish neighbourhood, with tendies magically delivered to the doorstep three times a day.

Better a Camry than a base trim A4, no?

try 26k with 22 thousand miles on it

You can thank the Yuropoors for that. Manufacturers have to take into account that they get bled dry for anything bigger than 2.0l.

>base trim A4
Only basic bitches drive those when they can get a lease special on them. Nobody with a functioning brain buys those with cash.

>leasing
Cuck move tbqh. A man who doesn't own his car isn't a man.

Why did they make the new Camry look like a moderate facelift of the 2007 Camry?

Because it's still a camry. If it looked too different from previous generations people wouldn't recognize it and it would polarize previous camry buyers

The fact that someone would lease a shitty A4 automatically takes away their man card.

40k is literally loaded mustang GT money. New. You'd have to be a retard to spend 40 grand on a fuckin' Camry.

Can't wait for Honda's new Accord Coupe. Honestly the tail lights on the '13+ ones look sexy as fuck. I mean it looks better than that Audi S5 coupe, which is a very sexy car.

You'd think so, but it seems to be the new go-to leaser for the middle class here. I suppose they had to abandon the 3 Series after their coworkers started giving them shit about not indicating.

>life is a lap around the Retard Ring
Ford™ shill please go.

I didn't say a kit car, I said a car loaded with nice things that's also a fun sports car.

>people are cross shopping Camrys and Mustangs

You're fucking retarded

Less horsepower =/= slower
My Mazda makes 290 and could smoke that piece of shit

Wow surprised Toyota didn't stick the Lexus badge on it.

Honestly if you take away that Camry stigma, this is a really, really good looking sedan. Like if you time traveled and showed someone in the 50's, this is what a 21st century car is, they would be pretty damn pleased with the 2007+ Camry's. Whereas a 370Z would be what they expect for a SPORTZCAR

Power:Weight ratios are not difficult for people to understand. With some dedication the camry can be made lighter and lower. And unless we are talking about strictly drag racing, the driver skill is also a major factor

yeah to be fair i think it looks pretty nice. but i wouldn't spend $40k on it.

As of '12 the ES350 is now more related to the Avalon than the Camry.

Yeah, but at a price far higher than that of a Civic (with the exception of the Type R, which will have at least as much power). At this price range there are other ways to get 300hp.

Old people from Maine are rejoicing!

I'll take "What is NASCAR for $100."

OHC is banned in NASCAR

Point still stands, who the fuck drops 40 grand on a Camry of all things? Why not get a Lexus or euro-luxo-barge or even some vintage rides off Craigslist?

So much why?

they are used pretty often in drag racing

I like what they did with the side windows. Almost makes one think they're worried about visibility.
The Lexus-esque grill is ugly, though.

My car IS a Camry. But yes it is much slower.

>4000 lbs
>17mpg on premium fuel

The Camry is much better

Because it's actually closer to $32k, that's why. And with some haggling and some additional options, you can be out the door in a V6 Camry with Leather for like $35k, I guarantee it.

Btw it's hilarious how incensed Veeky Forums is when this 301hp Camry is exactly what it wants literally all the time.

>spending $40k on Camry

Might as well get the superior Fusion Sport baka desu senpai

>mfw 40k can buy a fully optioned 10-year old AMG S65 V12 twin-turbo and have money left over for fuel without having to get a second mortgage

>10-year old AMG

well some people still spend 60k for a ford with leather

>200 hp
>3,400 lbs

In your dreams.

>Smoke

You're not wrong

the other user's point is that it's not a Civic.

imagine all the boiracers in si's that will be dumbfounded when a four door cuckbox dusts them

>niggerlac

>
lbs
mpg on premium fuel
>The Camry is much better

Camry: 3500 lbs, 301 hp. .086 hr/lb 17 MPG
and its a camry.

Chevy SS: 4000 lbs, 430hp/430 ft-lbs. .1075 hp/lb 16 MPG
Aussie sports sedan.
This is not even close...

Anothe camry is looking good thread...

You paid shrill are funny. There is no making the camry cool. Not NASCAR, not Samari styling, nothing. Can't be done.

>badly made
>unreliable
>still more expensive than the camry

you just made a 301hp camry look like a reasonable choice

Displacement rules in sports such as rallying. With DOHC engines you get more HP per litre of displacement.

no its just because they are cheaper to make.
most pushrods are 2 valve, for a good reason, DOHC can control 4 valves more reliably, one huge advantage right there.
the push rod takes the space of the air intake or the exhaust to get to the head of the engine, that means a DOHC can take more air in or out than a equal OHV.
OHV has more moving parts, generate more heat, more noise and lower efficiency and its considerably less reliable.
DOHC is just a better design, its even simpler than an OHV design

>pic related having the valve cams controlled by this is simpler and therefore more reliable than having each valve controlled by a rod that comes down from the engine block.

>DOHC is simpler

it is simpler, if you cant see its because you dont know how it works.
that doesnt mean all OHC designs will be simpler, but try that engine design in a OHV. Yeah...

what engine is that though?

Audi 4.2l V8, the later type which uses chains instead of belts. Found in the B6 S4 and other cars onwards.
To make it as compact as possible they stuffed all that shit on the flywheel side of the engine, and the chain guides have a tendency to fail before 100k.

yeah when i said reliable i didnt meant maintenance free

>SOHC
And yet the J series has VTEC on both the intake and exhaust ports

>having to pull the engine in order to replace all the timing components
>maintenance
Really?

>4 seperate chains
>all of them need to be removed to replace the plastic guides
>shitty guides need to be replaced as often as a timing belt
Yeah, it's so simple

nobody said anything about the audi 4.2 V8, we are talking about the design, not an specific application

>tfw I have a 2013 Camry with 268HP

Honestly I can't take any 'performance' car seriously if it's slower than my family sedan.