Someone tried to sell me a car with a rolled back odometer

Someone just tried to sell me a 1-owner C6 Corvette because "he doesn't drive it enough". I checked the CarFax and, lo and behold, the car has had its odometer rolled back 4 times. He's selling the car with 40k miles advertised when it actually has over 100k. Should I report this guy or something? It grinds my gears that he would try to screw me like this (how dumb do you have to be to get caught for odo rollback when you're the ONLY owner?).

hell yeah you should report him, fuck that guy. Odo rerolling is a pretty big crime for a reason, its a shitty shitty thing to do.

>yellow corvette
This is my fetish.

>call him from payphone
>tell him you know its been rerolled and to sell it to you for 1$ or he gets arrested
>????
>Profit

This, and how does one roll back a digital one?

seconded

But I already texted him with my real number. Yes I'm retarded

you would need your real name on a bill of sale anyways

just report him

Get a burner number, smoke an entire pack of cigarettes, and call him again as someone else.

Snitch on that faggot

What was he originally asking? Im interested in buying a c6 locally myself

lel just report him, odometer fraud is a felony

Don't puss out, report it

OP, everyone posting in this thread is a goodie two shoes moron.

take advantage of the situation and get a couple hundred bucks pay off or force him to sell it to you for way under value of even what its true mileage is.

you report him and all you get is the satisfaction of fucking him over. if you blackmail him you get paid too, nigga.

This, if he's gonna try to fuck over people like this, you should fuck him over more so.

Blackmail is illegal too you fuckstick. You put the ball in his court and he knows he's going down, only now there's mutually assured destruction. That's what I'd do if I were caught doing something shitty and someone tried to actually blackmail me.
>you really think he's going to play nice if you say to him "nanny nanny boo boo, ima tell the cops on you!"

Report him
Stake out his house until the police arrive
Film the interaction
Upload to YouTube
Make sweet YouTube $$$

(Blur the face and distort voice to stay within privacy laws)

How do you know it's been rolled back? Like how does a CarFax tell you it's been rolled back? And how many times?

are you fucking dumb?

i guess you never grew up with any street or common sense being this is an autstic gorrila manufacturing board, but finding this situation is a mini-pay day.

you dont say anything about cops, you fucking idiot. the second you threaten him with the cops he knows he is dealing with a goodie two shoes idiot.

let me tell you a story. i had a grow op of marijuana back when it was highly illegal everywhere. my landlord found out and threatened to go to the cops, but then calmed down and asked for a pay off. because he had already talked to a cop friend about it, i knew the jig was up and we shut the shit down and moved out, cut our losses. if the nigga had come for a pay off first without talking to the police or heavily implying he was gonna do it, we could have worked out a mutually beneficial deal.

fuck you guys are dumb. enjoy being a goodie fucking two shoes and never having even the chance to scratch yourself something out of life to get ahead in this bullshit rat race.

Degenerate druggie

Carfax gets milage recorded whenever you take it to the shop.

Oh fuck, so this nigger was stupid enough to think someone wouldn't order a Carfax report?

OP should definitely see if he has a hot daughter he'd be willing to offer in trade.

>hey! Gimme money for the thing!
>or what
>uhhhh
Yea ok fag, there's nothing you CAN do except report him for odo fraud, same with the weed plants in your mom's closet. The fuck would you bother giving him money just because he asked for it? What's he gonna do if he doesn't go to the cops? Shoot you? Over an odo? Over weed?

No, he's ALWAYS going to go to the cops, playing this dumb one hand washing the other sopranos bullshit is retarded. If he's not going to the cops, he's not getting shit because there's zero threat otherwise.

if he wasn't a dumbass he would have shot you, then stole your money and some of your weed making it look like a robbery gone wrong. he would probably even get a payout from insurance.

lmao, I just think its funny to watch somebody get fucked by the cops

its 10/10 comedy, money is irrelevant

>Shoot you? Over an odo? Over weed?
You'd be surprised at what people get shot over these days

Is there a pic of the odometer? Or is it just in the ad? He could just be trying to get people to see the car then they see it has 100k on it. Go look at it before you snitch the boomer out.

> 2014 Jetta
> Never taken my lease anywhere
> 2000 miles over limit

Thanks for the idea OP. Maybe I'll even go as far to replace the cluster to something under 30k.

>make him an offer 2-5k lower than what the rolled back value would go for, while somewhat hinting you know it's been rolled back
>if he denies walk off with a smirk and say ok thanks man
>he'll probably have [visible confusion] at this point
>report.gif

>walk off with a smirk and say ok thanks man
That's super gay. Have you interacted with people in real life before?

or you know, just report him. because if you ever sell the car yourself you'll have to explain why the odometer reading is fucked

>check the car out in person
>tell him its obvious he rolled back the odometer
>lowball him a couple grand lower than what you'd find a c6 with 100k in your area for
>if he tells you to fuck off report him
>if not then congrats on your new cheap as hell boomermobile
Really not that hard OP

You don't really roll digital ones back. For the most part you just get a gauge cluster from something that was parted out(obviously that has lower mileage on it than what you've got) and swap that with your current cluster.

Wouldn't the mileage be stored on the car's ECU though?

No, the ecu has no use for that information.

fucking no brainer, fuck this guy over before some poor bastard falls for this..

fucking fraud. he should be ashamed of himself. fuck him up

>nigger detected

fuck you, this guy selling the car needs to be fucked.

So there's a computer specifically on the dash cluster that holds that information? Wouldn't it need some internal battery to keep it stored? Wouldn't it delete if it's a parts car and the dash has just been sitting for months on end/years?

No. There's a magical immortal fairy that lives in the car and counts every single mile that's driven.

No, because he's dumb enough to make it this obvious what he's doing, he might be dumb enough to call the cops and say "HURRR DURRR IM BEING BLACKMAILED" then get both of them fucked. Or, if he's smart, he'll refuse, tell him he'll get him fucked for blackmail if he tries to screw him over, and OP will have to back off anyway.

C6's didn't have electronic odometers?

H I G H T E C H
I
G
H
T
E
C
H

Weed is Serious Business, yo.

Who not just link us the craigslist ad and be done with it? That's not illegal.

>I'll take it for $1000
>sir I don't think you understand
>*hand him proof of felony*
>I'll take it for $900
If he refuses turn him in the same day.

>changing a number that goes on legal documentation
>not a crime
Shouldn't you be in bed, kid?

>dat reading comprehension tho

Non-volatile RAM or EPROM + a cheap microprocessor.

1) they did
2) electronic odometers can be rolled back, pal