Doesn't it sadden you that in a few billion years, all the great monuments of the first humans...

Doesn't it sadden you that in a few billion years, all the great monuments of the first humans, the great structures of the world, the greatest landmarks of all time will be destroyed when the Sun goes supernova?

No more Pyraminds, Great Wall, Vatican, Parthenon, Colosseum, and Lost Cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future#Future_of_humanity
youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying we won't destroy them ourselves within the century or two

Why would you think that?

Things change, get over it

>what is the second coming

All those monuments will be gone long, long before the sun blows up

if descendants of mankind still exist in that timeframe they'll probably be able to move earth in to a pocket dimension and turn it in to a museum

The sun isn't going to go supernova. It would need to be a lot bigger than it is. It will expand into a red giant and might, or might not, engulf the earth. Eventually it will probably be a planetary nebula with a white dwarf at the center and the crispy remains of the Earth circling it for billions more years. Decent chance that anything built on the precambrian shield could still exist then as foundations at least.

>No more Pyraminds
>implying we (African master race) aren't going to take them with us when we colonize new galaxies

I'll be glad because it'll also destroy all of the contents of my browser history in the google archives

If we would not kill ourselves off by then we could have already sent numerous colony ships capable of storing all data about human history off into space. (We're talking billions of years here)

>When the sun goes supernova

Would colony ships be feasible if we sent artificial wombs and frozen embryos into space?

thanks to time dilation colony ships would be feasible if we just sent people

Good riddance I say. I'll watch it on live wormhole tv from my private solar system.

>wake up
>realize the library of alexandria was burnt down
>think about all that knowledge just thrown down the fucking drain
>cry myself back to sleep
IT'S NOT FAIR

>implying earth wont be KKVd to death the instant we get into a space war in 2000 years
>implying the satisfaction of looking at dusty old monuments will compare to the satisfaction of finally genociding all the aliums that KKVd earth in the first place

>a few BILLION years

Nah who gives a shit

We will have created new monuments around other stars.

A myth, most likely.

No it doesn't. Think hard about a few billion years, imagine the entire scope of recorded history, then work your way up to try and imagine just how far into the future that really is.

What about in a couple trillion years, when elementary particles cease to exist

>Implying aliens won't our shit and put it in their museums with other artifcats under the category of "Lost Civilizations."

WHY DON'T WE JUST

WHY DON'T WE

PUT ROCKETS ON ONE SIDE OF THE EARTH
AND ACCELERATE IT TO THE NEAREST SAFE STAR?

Surely, in the billions of years until the sun supernova we will be capable of doing so, as long as we don't eradicate us in the meantime.

We cant do any of that, because of doppler and hubble.

Cant be bothered spoonfeeding you more, sorry. Educate yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future#Future_of_humanity

Humanity probably only has 10,000 years left. Its possible that over half of the humans that will ever exist have already been born. And then after that all of our achievements, art and monuments will slip away into oblivion, like we were never here

What difference does it make in the end?

We'll just move the Earth to another system or generate a new star it's not a big deal. Do you really think the Techno-Archons of the Great Sapiens Everspanning Empire would let the cradle of humanity get destroyed?

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

>And then after that all of our achievements, art and monuments will slip away into oblivion, like we were never here

>all these little people that think humanity is important to the universe