/ink/ - Splatoon General

20 Gallons of Death and Cute per second

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- New character: Murch, who will relocate gear to your liking splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/159041611894/weve-managed-to-learn-the-name-of-the-young-boy
- New map announced, Humpback Pump Track splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/159075301665/introducing-humpback-pump-track-this-new-stage-is
- Rising Moon won the ESLSplatoon twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/848196266223972356

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

>New map announced, Humpback Pump Track

This looks great. I've wanted a rolling, more organic stage since the beginning, but I found the humps in blackbelly too tightly packed. The track looks like it'll make for fun positioning fights.

Let's have another one of these only this time post your top FIVE favorite weapon sets, and judge those of others.

1. Krak-On Splat Roller
2. E-Liter 3K
3. Grim Range Blaster
4. Zink Mini Splattling
5. Classic Squiffer

Hey Callie~

new to Veeky Forums, never post here. I only recently picked the game back up after the splatoon 2 testfire

HOLY FUCK WHY IS PORT MACKEREL SO FUCKING TERRIBLE

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A FUCKING HORRIBLE MAP IN A REGULAR ROTATION FOR A VIDEO GAME

Welcome to the salt pans, user. PM's an acquired taste, but imagine how it felt when we were hype for it being the first new map added to the rotation.

it's literally just straight lines and corridors...if you're not using a long range weapon you're fucked.

There's not even an alternate way to get to the middle of the arena from spawn like jesus christ how did the splatoon team make this

It's the animal crossing team attempting to make fast paced shooter maps. They had some, shall we say, growing pains.

It's almost a shame you'll never play tower control on it. Nothing like trying to ride that thing through the gauntlet.

That's the thing that blows my mind. The vertical map designs they have are super fun, going up walls is their greatest strength and shows the best parts of splatoon

PM has literally no vertical walls you can swim up

I remember the disbelief when they released teaser images and we realised the containers were all covered with uninkable tarps. Best to take an e-liter and play whack-a-mole down the mid.

Friends with Octolings!

Thread's gonna be kinda dead until any new info comes out I guess.

unpopular opinion:
port mackerel is a fun map for TW and despite it's flaws, i enjoy it

Agreed, and as a Krak-On main as long as I have a charger, preferably an E-Liter, to inject me into enemy territory I can have an absolute blast. Corners galore to hide around.

1. Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose
2. Tentatek Splattershot
3. Luna Blaster Neo
4. Custom Hydra Splatling
5. Sploosh-o-matic

Metafag that loves to area deny the enemy. Scopeless E-Liter tells me you probably overextend when you think you can mange it.

don't lose hope, summer is getting closer!
you can even be outside without a sweater now

I was so into enjoying the first good weather of the year I actually managed to get a slight sunburn today.

Port Mackerel feels like an early dev map that was quickly art passed and thrown in the game. The layout is so basic you can almost see the dev textures it was made up of.

Splat Fortress used Port Mackerel and let you ink up the cargo containers. The vertical play was awful.

I want to say they did that because it would be unfair to certain weapons, but then again Moray Towers exist

>he cant use a short range weapon on port mackerel

just dodge their shots, run up to them, and shoot at them until they splat. its not rocket science

You love making people back the fuck up, always pushing and/or holding down the fort. Versaltile and diverse, If aggro doesn't work out for you; you switch to a more conservative playstyle or lie in wait to ambush.
Extremely aggressive and always looking for somewhere to flank. Kills often match your deaths, perfectly fine with trades. The Cherry H-3 is an odd and respectable #1; I'm complete shit with the Nozzles.
Neeeever ventures into enemy territory and can be absolutely maddening to take out. Seldom dies to rollers, when you do it's when your team didn't maintain that ever important turf coverage that you always safely park your ass in.

1. .96 Gal Deco
2. Range Blaster
3. Gold Dynamo Roller
4. Heavy Splatling
5. .52 Gal

night night, /ink/

Night

Ink Sponge map when?

You have very good aim, probably one suicidal motherfucker and always in the their faces. Even with the Hydra.
>all that range
Stays well away from danger and lets people come into your kill area frustrated that they can't kill you.
You really like the Splash Wall and Inkstrike. Looks like you mainly keep to Turf Wars I'm guessing. You know just where to place your subs and specials for max effectiveness.

me

How do you mean?

Why is it so hard to use vertical wall space to mix up your movement?

Gravity is always bringing you down so you have to compensate, obviously.

1. Sploosh O Matic 7
2. N-zap 89
3. Heavy Splatling Remix
4. Slosher Deco
5. Cherry H3

i mainly go turf war, but ranked i go straight to the sploosh 7, Slosher deco, and maybe N-zap89 if i felt like i could get away with baiting with sprinklers

maps with ink sponges in them

Oh I remember, from the campaign.

Comment on others too feggits

which ones yours???

Bravo if you drew that user. Timestamp pls

Everyones

you must be new, the artist is yutaAGC

I wanna lewd this octopus

i want to kiss a cute squid boy and hold hands.

Anyone have the animated version of this? Searched google images for like 20 minutes and couldn't find it.

I've played so little with the other weapon classes I can't judge what the play styles are like beyond recognising what kills me a lot.

You monster.

L3 Nozzlenose
Refurbished Mini Splatling
Neo Splash-o-Matic
Aerospray MG
Sloshing Machine Neo

I see you don't like aiming that much.
Multirole player. You ink a lot, but aren't afraid to get in some fisticuffs if situation demands it either. Mostly a lone wolf.

>trying to play turf war in winter
>gun is all gummed up
>smash your head trying to dive into a frozen puddle of ink
>get tentacles stuck to the pipes on rig

a ghastly idea:
squid ink snow cones

Do you think Splat Bombs and the other secondaries would be dangerous during winter from the ink possibly freezing after they pop?

This is making me wish for a snowy stage. Ice structures that you can't ink and fresh white powder that you can.

Like, from expanding as they freeze?

imagine hurling a frozen burst bomb at a squid and they just drop

that "i'll eat a bag of dicks if splatoon sells more than 400K" guy was right about one thing
the dead Veeky Forums threads

Idk if Thatso still comes here, but you are still shit, and I have no idea how you're an S+.

what if they made a map like port but with more trucks? or maybe taller trucks? that would give short range weapons a better advantage. or maybe they could make the tops of the containers inkable, but keep the sides uninkable. you could climb up the truck and traverse the map through the containers.

but, yeah, I do agree with the newfag user. port mackerel just isn't ever fun.

while that may or not be true, I don't see how calling a single person out by name adds to the thread in any way.
this is equally off topic, but thatso is a nice guy and shouldn't be hated on. this is the only post I'll make about him or any individual person.
we got pretty active during the testfire. I expect the same when the game actually comes out. hopefully it lasts longer this time... unfortunately, that seems to rely on the devs' commitment to updates. I want to say they they'll keep updates going for the lifespan of the Switch because of the paid online, but you never know.

I actually kinda enjoy it for the change of pace myself, but it is a pretty simple map. If it was just a little more layered it'd be great, a bit more like a messy shipping port. Have the containers stacked three high in some places, keep the tarp on the top ones but give us a couple of tiers to climb around, add some smaller crates and machinery for cover on each layer.

thank you user finally someone understands me

I think you just prefer splatting rather than painting

It doesn't, but I'm happy to add to this dead general.

Hyperactive murder machine whose trigger arm is visibly larger that the other.

Fuck these weapons

I pretty much only use the Splatling Deco or Remix nowadays. I can't recall when I used something else

How many hours have you put in?

A pretty good amount, but after I got to 50 / S+ and my friends stopped playing it I stopped for the most part as well.

>can't keep myself alive so i use bubbler or kraken
agressive support player guy
close combat dude
special snowflake with taste on guns
trigger happy

if all three aeromemes aren't on the bottom of your list, then I'm afraid we can't play together.

How do you have such a low score for them did you play a half round then party for the rest of the round witch each of them?

:(

This motherfucker can see clearly for a mile

851p Is kinda standard for one round of Aerospray though 264 p on anything is just oddly low.

Gotta go fast. Good aim with subs.
ink ink ink ink ink
Fuck you too, H3D is good
Spin2win. Aero and Jr are there because you stuck to them early-game. Splash is likely used for special and nothing more.
Highly disruptive despite assuming defensive position most of the time.

I've got some mad low scorers at the bottom of my list, no idea what the hell I was doing.

bedd :3[__]

I'm just being a shit

good night, eurofag

>when you come back to the game after an 18 month hiatus

>when you derank twice in one night after said hiatus

why's that Yebby got teeth marks on him?
aren't Inkling teeth solid all the why through?

he's had a hard life :(

How does squid ink taste?

Would the inkbrush noveau be a good weapon if bubbler knockback had never been added?

It still is

Currently, I'm getting the most satisfaction out of using these weapons.
1. Trislosher Nouveau
2. Rapid Blaster Deco
3. Octobrush
4. Grim Range Blaster
5. Wasabi Splattershot

Get on my level of autism.

where do you get this?

splatnet

>No boozle or squiff on the bottom

Ayyyyyy

i miss the days when Splat Zones was the only ranked mode

The squid research lab didn't have their labcoats during the testfire, did the coats get cut?

How many testfires did splatoon 1 have before release?
Finally got a switch, waiting for testfire news and mk8 port is suffering.

Splatoon only had one testfire, which was about a month before release. They've had a couple more after release. Splatoon 2's testfire happened really early, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo held one more just before release to encourage sales.

Oh user... I'm so sorry. I don't think you'll get a testfire

1 or 2. they were way closer to release, though. we have plenty of time for at least one more testfire.

don't feel sad user, i know a new testfire is coming soon, as soon they say a release date they are gonna pull a new one