The car you should buy

Toyota Corolla
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Corolla
TOYOTA COROLLA

Umm. No.

>Corolla owner.

Listen to this guy.

As a long time Toyota fan, the '17 Elantra is just much better than the '17 Corolla.

Not even shilling at this point.

If you want to die sure

Only if you get the Elantra Sport with the turbo and the independent rear suspension though.

True, forgot to specify that the Sport is cheaper to acquire and also far more exciting than any Corolla.

>Numb steering

>Elantra
still has dead-numb steering unless the 17' changed out of dumb electric steering

i learned in my dad's 13' elantra. I like the steering in my mazda3 much more

3k civic is better in every way.

not when you live in a shitty place like Ontario where insurance rates are most expensive for Corollas and Civics so reliability doesn't mean shit if you're paying stupid high insurance ($400 a month is the norm for a male driver under 25 in the worst areas).

cars with AWD are slightly cheaper to insure

>400 bucks a month
on your own insurance or your parents?

>live in Ontario
>all used cars have a fuckotn of rust + high kms
>cars that are in okay condition go for way too much
>insurance rates don't make any sense

Both

I thought I could weasel out as a occasional driver under my parents' plans since there's only one car between them. Turns out there's an additional cost if you're an occasional driver under 30 anyways ($200 per month for me) on top of whoever's the primary driver for the car (around $200). Dunno if it's just Unifund or all insurance though, fuck it for now since I already decided on a car.

also fuck Brampton. Can't wait to get out of what is basically India.

>all used cars have a fuckotn of rust + high kms
This is precisely why I'm planning to buy new next time even if it's a huge waste of money. I want a car I can really baby around.

hard to baby the car I have right now when it already had widespread surface rust in the first place.

>widespread surface rust
Fuck that dude. What car are you gonna get ?

Why? Fwd is good in shit weather. Elantara and corrola are fwd right?

unironically, probably BRZ/GT86 depending on how it changes since it's not much more expensive than an econobox.

otherwise maybe a 3-door Golf or even a Yaris if Toyota releases a hot one. Not sure yet since I might just end up preferring an automatic Lexus/Corolla at that point in the future.

The new golfs are great

I have a 2000 Corolla. It sucks in a lot of ways, cheap hard plastic, poor interior design, awful handling. Even if they've gotten better, I would spend the money and get a better Toyota like a Celica or Avalon

I compared insurance rates when I was deciding on a car. Between sportier cars and popular econoboxes, they've ended up around the same.

more people drive econoboxes so more crashes. the logic works for insurance companies somehow?

I recently got rid of my 2000 Corolla, I unironically miss it. Everything about it was tacky and shitty but it was easy to maintain and great on gas

>Wow 400 a month is a lot
>Brampton

Fucking obviously your insurance is high, I'm just over in Georgetown and my insurance is 2500 a year and I'm 21

>2009 Accord

It's just a mid engined corolla

I want to buy a 6th gen celica, can I expect toyota reliability from that?

Hey fellow gtown-bro, what insurance are you with ?

>not wanting to die

fucking normies

That's ridiculous, I pay 2k a year with an accident on file and I have a 2 door

>mfw the manual 2017 corolla shifts like ass and the throw felt like an old semi truck when changing gears
>mfw the clutch pedal felt like I was stepping on memory foam pillows
>I ended up getting the 2017 corolla with paddle shifters and "sequential" shifter
At least the interior is maximum comfy and I got it with 0 apr. And I thought 260 a month for car insurance was high compared to some of you guys was bad

TD

But how old are you, and what town do you live in?

If you can get a Corolla in manual it will be the most "it's a car!" commuter car you can possibly get.

It is possibly one of the most featureless amalgamations of plastic and metal created today. It goes from A to B without issue in a way that could lull you to sleep if you knew you wouldn't crash.

What year is your 3?

I'd completely love the car a lot if it was completely rust free. Interior is nice and simple, and easily superior to korean build quality in a newer Elantra.

i have the base model too which isn't bad either since the wheel is less cluttered (pic related).

I dunno if you can find ever find out that's rust free though so I would not recommend it beyond anything as a beater car. They are apparently susceptible to rust because of the steel material used, not that it really makes a difference in a salt winter area.

*pic related

i like it, and i don't think it's entirely all bias from owning one.

>CVT
this kills the enthusiast

Nice. I just bought a 2010, and I don't live near snow so I'm not too concerned about rust.

but I`m not middle class poor, so what should I do?