F1

>F1
>Spider
>57,000 miles
>$75,000
Please, tell me why I should or shouldn't Veeky Forums?

You either drive it every 3 days and do it until it somehow fails, or you drive it occasionally and the battery is always dead.
Oh, and the F1 gearbox is shit and unreliable.

It's italian, everything electric will fail at some point.

It's kinda old and not very collectable. Plus it's a convertible and not the superior hardtop version. Only +s are that it's a Ferrari

Funny how I've actually had my 456 GT for almost 20 years and never got battery problems since they actually provide a switch for when you leave it sitting for long periods. The car is fine OP, high mileage though.

because its very likely a sequential car and not a manual one

and the F1 transmissions are a nightmare to deal with

>nightmare to deal with
´not really, its just really expensive, like everything else in a ferrari.
if its a manual just go for it

you can manual swap it for a few grand. no joke.

Bread or bullshit

Here's your bread.

This would be the way to do it, drive until the F1 blows up (maybe not that long) then swap it to a manual and the value will go up

Only catch is you need the $$ laying around to do that kind of work

My older cousin had one for a while after he traded in his Testarossa. It's not very fast with the V8 and the maintenance was actually worse even though it's a newer model. He had valves drop on a cylinder and the rebuild was north of $20,000.

A standard service visit can be over $2,000 since dropping the engine and inspecting parts is part of the maintenance schedule.

>you can manual swap it
Sure, but I have to believe that's going to fuck the resale value.
The manuals are worth five figures more than F1's, easily. If it was so easy to add thousands to the value, wouldn't all 360 owners be doing this?

noice
but if you're a richfag why don't you upgrade?

It was dad's ride and I'm not selling it mostly because of respect. I only ride it occasinally anyway, daily is a JCW F50.

Not everyone wants the fastest most expensive Ferrari. Styling, interior, exhaust note etc play a huge part. Also a lot of guys buy Ferrari for the cruise-ins, events, and special access to races and track days they provide.

No it won't. A lot of people are doing it. I just heard about it on the smoking tire podcast

>No it won't
You know this how?

>If it was so easy to add thousands to the value, wouldn't all 360 owners be doing this?

take good care of it fampai

Because the manuals are that much more desirable. It's not a classic yet so originality isn't super important. You're also using oem parts so it just works.

>not dropping 55k for a new corvette

Damn right

American Muscle > Italian Supercar

Not sure if you're the same guy, but the ease of change isn't the point.
The point is, will buyers really pay just as much for a swapped out manual as they would for an original?
I seriously doubt it, as even repainting over the original color detracts from the resale value.
And which F1 owner in their right mind wouldn't do this if it was true?
>between $5K and $8K for a swap
>car magically worth $50K more

convertible and performance are not synonymous. get a convertible and youll never have a performance auto.

youll have a nice looking car, sure, and something to take the girl out with, yes. but performance?

absolutely not..

plus, this ferrari is the honda civic of ferraris, meaning its pretty common, but the parts are cheaper in comparison to the alternatice

That's the worst config for the 360, the F1 trans is terrible and the belt service costs more because you have to take the top mechanism out. That's a shitton of miles and the price is not good. Mileage isn't necessarily a problem if it was maintained normally but resale will never be anywhere near other 360s

Not many electrical issues with 360s

The guy said it's an F1 in the OP

>you can manual swap it for a few grand. no joke.
No you can't, different harness, different control modules, it's a big job, it's not like you can just slap on a pedal box and a linkage just because the gearbox is the same

Drive it every day and the depriciation will hit like a truck

Drive every once in a while, and you will be wasting money to keep the thing alive because Ferraris are unreliable like that

>convertible and performance are not synonymous
whatever you say, slick

>Drive every once in a while
How frequently do you consider this?

Not a muscle car.

>the price is not good
I know a guy with a manual coupe in almost the same color selling his.
17,000 miles on it, but he wants $120K

>Wait till engine and transmission inevitably fail
>LS + t56 swap
>reliable sports car now
>?????

>he wants $120K
What he wants he is not likely to get. Both private parties and dealerships list them for way more than they would ever sell for, doesn't mean that's what they are valued at or that's what they sell for.

the f1 transmission sounds gay as fuck desu

Im serious, champ.

convertible cars lack rigidity that cars with normal roofs have. meaning they cant turn faster than a coupe or sedan without breaking the frame or understeering.

>it will never be a ferrari again.

enjoy your fake car with your fucking stupid memegine and your stupid meme tier brand.

The only part I don't see listed in your picture is their +$50K valuation adjustment for a six speed manual, which would push even a fair condition model over $110K.

It's not a 430, 360 manuals don't command much of a premium, certainly not anywhere near $50k. Nobody is paying $110k for a fair condition manual 360, maybe a pristine one with Challenge wheels/grill, sport seats, 10k miles, from a reputable seller.

>certainly not anywhere near $50k
I'm not an expert, just using the numbers from the site you posted.

I was under the impression that you could get a 360 in red with manual for somewhere around 60k, no? And silver+automatic is worth a lot less, plus 57k miles is high on a Ferrari. Maybe they went up in price but I swear I've seen them in the 60s before.

>ferrari
>not meme tier

Ferrari is the biggest meme in the automotive world

>corvette
>made out of plastic
>engine mass produced
>made in a shitty town in kensucky.

im not apologizing. I would rather have a shitty ferrari engine in my ferrari than tell people i have an LS (corvette) engine in my ferrari.

would you admit that your ferrari didnt have a ferrari engine in it?

>damn user, nice car, how many horses?
>well i put a corvette engine in it
>damn so its not a ferrari? just the frame? why didnt you just buy a corvette?
>because I like ferraris
>damn user, but its not a ferrari

fuck anyone who would destroy a ferrari for a corvette engine.

>super high insurance
>super high repair bills
>super high parts cost
>GARBAGE quality interior
>try hard ferrari
>poor man ferrari
>slow

>implying i would buy either one

pretty much this

"a ferrari is still a ferrari" is the mentality someone has when purchasing this italian stalion.

neither would I, user. Thats not the point I was making.

i have a BMW m3 E46 that I wouldnt trade in for this shitmobile, or a corvette of the same year. Point is, I wouldnt ruin the character of a car by changing the engine unless I 100000% had to.

those grapes were probably sour anyway

OP here, I've been drooling over this car for a while. I've been in contact with a lot of other 360 owners and they've said the same things ITT.

They prefer the gated shifter, and the reliability, especially with the electronics isn't so hot.

I have about to $100,000 to spend on a new toy though and I've always wanted a Ferrari (or Lamborghini).

Thinking of getting an N-GT aero package to go along with this, only for Sunday cruises and maybe the odd long haul drive along the coast.

I want a mid/rear engined sports car so badly...

And oh, that $75,000 is the asking/list price. I can obviously try to jew the seller. Maybe leverage the high millage, maintenance and insurance costs.