Post weird, obscure badge engineered cars

Post weird, obscure badge engineered cars

The Opel by Isuzu.

An Opel Kaddet that was built by Isuzu into the Isuzu Gemini, and then rebadged into the Opel by Isuzu and sold in the US.

My favorite, sold In India. Chevrolet Forester.

Toyota Cavalier, not that suprising when you remember Toyota and GM used to work together, but often forgot, and it had a TRD bodykit in pic related.

Honda Crossroad (Rebadged Land Rover Discovery)

Chebby Matiz (badge-engineered gook deathbox)

The Blazer was reassembled in Indonesia as an Opel for some reason.

but how

or was it the Buick Opel?

that car had an identity crisis

Not many pay attention to these, but a North American Ford Ranger badged as a Mazda.

Compared to a Japanese Mazda rebadged as a Ford Ranger. Same year.

The Holden Piazza, which was a rebadged Isuzu sold in Australia. Apparently, it was rare enough to get an entire book written about it.

It really did. I kind of want one though I like the Kaddet, didn't know they sold them in the US at all until awhile ago.

Also Suzuki Cara, just an AZ-1.

bump for a good thread finally

see. Saabaru

The AZ1 is actually a Suzuki.

Didn't Chevrolet take over Daewoo who made the matiz?

Honda Passport, a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo. Pretty sure there were other versions of this car as well. Isuzu was a real slut.

Isuzu had the Oasis which was a rebadged Honda Odyssey. They also had the Ascender, a rebadged Chevy TrailBlazer, and the i-Series, a rebadged Chevy Colorado. I'm sure there's more because of the GM and Isuzu partnership.

Chevy rebadged Isuzu trucks go back to the 70's with the Chevy Luv and whatever Isuzu called their mini trucks

no its a mazda.

built by suzuki.

>it's a Mazda
wrong.

its a suzuki rebadged as an autozam, mazdas subsidiary

But why

Ford had bought a portion of Mazda, and they badged each other vehicles to expand their respective brands into other markets. The light truck was part of it, how Mazda got into North America, and Ford got into Japan. They later parted ways.

Isuzu really was a real slut. They let the Trooper dress up as an Acura SLX. One of these are floating around at my local yard too.

why are you still in XP

Acura SLX

Good for flipping over in turns and killing the driver when the roof collapses.

Work computer, I hope it's a work computer. It's amazing how many office places still run that shit, and people wonder why there's security breaches and shit all the time.

Originally Ford sold the Mazda B-series pick up as a captive import (Ford Courier)
Subsequent international versions of the Courier (and then Ranger) were based on the B-series.
Ford developed it's own Ranger for North America so rather than import the B-series into the US (chicken tax) Mazda sold a rebadged Ford.

Even more confusingly the current B-series (and Ranger) is now a rebadged Australian Ford