Are they safe now?

Are they safe now?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-chinese-built-transmissions-plague-new-ford-mustang
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They always have been if you install them right and inflate them to the correct pressure.

what are you implying?
seems like I missed something

No way tires are fucking dangerous

>being underage/young faggot

I'm assuming it's referencing the time Ford deliberate specified lower than recommended tyre pressures for Firestone tires to improve NVH having screwed up the suspension. Resulting in all sorts of problems they tried to blame Firestone for.

This. Unbelievably shitty tactic Ford employed there, went full kike to roll them under the bus with that fiasco.

I remember this shit was in the news for almost a year. Just constant shit-talking from Ford about how murderous Firestone tires were, causing all sorts of rollovers and killing people.

The fucked thing is that they didn't even feel partly responsible (ASSUMING Firestone tires were the problem) for choosing a shit supplier.

But really the tires weren't the problem, it was Ford. Partly why they've subbed out to so many foreign manufacturers for parts now - if shit hits the fan, they always have someone to blame. Even the manual transmissions in the new Mustangs are CHINESE. Fuck.

I don't think Firestone has ever recovered from that shitstorm though. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Firestone tire on a car.

>blaming god tier ford for firestones shit tires

ok m8 gr8b8

>chinese transmissions
>god tier ford

You were saying?

>implying the new Indy 500 is not the best UHP tire you can buy

>more grip wet AND dry than the Sport Comp 2
>340 treadwear
>badass looking tread
>not too noisy or stiff
>telepathic response

It's like the 95% of PSS performance for 50% the price

>Chinese transmission
Got a source on that?

Sure

jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-chinese-built-transmissions-plague-new-ford-mustang

I thought it was common knowledge at this point. It really does seem like heresy, using a Chinese gearbox in AMERICA'S FAVOURITE CAR.

I could see their reasoning for outsourcing on stuff like plastic engine shrouds or the like, but never on something as important as the transmission. That's fucking ridiculous.

Mfw my 2017 corolla come with firestones from factory

What about the 2015 models?

same transmission
turns out it's not the transmission's fault, but the shifter and shifter bracket

and who makes those?

>I thought it was common knowledge at this point.
It is - user is underage or has been living under a rock for a decade.

>tfw you have firestone destinations on your ranger
They've performed great and I haven't died yet so I think they're good.

>god tier
>ford

pick one

>ford
>god tier

Nice cherry pick, how about something more recent than the DCT issues in the focus

PLAUGE
L
A
U
G
E

Show the 2013 Ford Fusion

>uh well that happened years ago
>find something more recent
>well that happened last year
>find something more recent
>well that happened last month