First edition.

Wiki (which could use some work): rainworld.gamepedia.com/Rain_World_Wiki

Is this too hard for casuals?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/rain-world-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Map.

Fuck Veeky Forums, fuck generals and FUCK YOU

We're stuck in that kinda niche where the game doesn't have enough of a following to warrant being on Veeky Forums but supposedly too much to have 1-2 threads a day on /v/

Is this game any good?

Not sure a niche game thread will survive well in Veeky Forums, but you have my support. Have a bump. As well as a screenshot of my saddest moment of resignation when I realised all hope was lost.

Varies. Game has a great atmosphere, soundtrack and art but is hard as balls for people who aren't wiling to be patient and take their time going through the game.
Lotta people make the mistake of trying to rush through things thinking they'll get out fine, but instead start a cascade of constant failures that burn them out.

If that's your sorta thing though then yeah it's pretty good.

It'll do fine, I hope

Might try, wonder how it compares to hollow knight

>The wall is a dead end
I've been dying over and over for nothing then.

Do you guys hoard pearls or anything like that? Do plants and other items respawn if I keep them inside one of the safe rooms?

Well to start discussion, I thought after meeting pebbledude the golden ayybug would be leading me to more enlightened god things or whatever, but he's just led me back to memory crypts. Where the fuck is he taking me?

I got two pearls with weird letters on them from pebbledudes room and decided to try to take them to moon, but gave up halfway and left them in the worst place possible. Still have one of them in my tummy tho. Another question, if you leave stuff in a hibernation chamber, will it stay there forever?

hoarder desu, not sure about respawns in safe rooms though

Anyone? I wonder the same thing actually

Not sure. I think he's just defaulting to pointing you towards Memory Crypt for more neurons since that's as far as he's willing to go before you hit The Leg.

I really hope he isn't trying to lead me back to five pebbles, I'm in a shitty position

Yeah you can leave things in the chambers.

pcgamer.com/rain-world-review/
fairest review so far

But there's no neurons in memory crypt. Neurons means I gotta get to five pebbles / Hell. And I don't want to go to Hell. I guess if I end up there I can just take the easy route, but getting back to moon seems like a nightmare.

Hope this thread is still up when I wake up

r-rude

Really good to know. Although now my pearls are in crap places. If you move a coloured pearl does it not respawn? Because I've lost like two of them

It keeps sending you back to fruity pebbles. I have no idea how many neurons it wants you to get or if there is a point to it.

FUCK
Fine, I'll take moon her shitty neurons
But then I'm spearing that gold worm fuck in the face everytime he tries to tell me to go anywhere

The pearls from Pebbles' room are all blank, apparently.

Four additional neurons are needed to decrypt all pearl types.

Really regretting taking the pearls instead of the neurons now :l

how long is this game?

>First edition.
There has been other attempts. I don't think the game is suited for Veeky Forums, that's why I only make threads on /v/

>Four additional neurons are needed to decrypt all pearl types.
Where do you get that info? 1 neuron was enough for me.

Depends on if you know where to go or just happen to go the right way. Also on how many times you get raped and murdered. Think I've spent about 30 hours so far, I could get to the end now but I wanna explore a little more.

>throw spear into wall so I can climb up higher and explore
>scavenge drops down from above and puts a spear in my back half a second alter
They're a little jumpy

>Get to merchant
>Spear him and steal his explosives
>Become dragonslayer

Haven't seen any rain world threads here before, sorry if I'm wrong I guess
Just how I like it

Seems like an alright one dollar an hour game then.

>1366x768
pelb

I'd rather my laptop not be a massive fucking terminator that melts my legs

It all comes from their name. Know that saying that given infinite time, a monkey with a typewriter can print the entirety of Shakespear's works? Well that's basically how their creators designed them to solve their task. It's when the iterators realized how crazy their task actually was that they started becoming crazy.

I'm sorry

Okay this thread is an abortion

A shame the /v/ thread is already dead, guess I'll repost that another day.

Done with what little art I had of her.

I never noticed her delicious thighs, really good material

Really makes me wanna get more neurons for her. Has anyone done an edit of slugcat holding onto a pole in the "hang in there" style?

Nice.
The thread had a good run. We've only had one, maybe two other threads reach 500+ posts before. Most end somewhere around 100.

Like this one?

YES. Kinda feel like putting that on my wall or something

There's a lot of artwork for this game worthy of pinning up on a wall.
Just need bigger resolutions.

>spiders everywhere
>start feeling random itches
>get distracted and die to an obvious fall
Nothing here even seems dangerous so far if you have light.

Light won't stop the spiders. If there's enough of them they get brave and take you down. I hated taking that place on with a spear and anything I could find on the floor, killing the bastards. There's so many and they move so weird.

Lot of spiders can kill you, even if you have light i think, or at least they were getting pretty close to me and in not a friendly way

Dev dude said it over on the Steam page for the game.

Actually, let me add to that and clarify: Four total additional neurons are needed for the highest level of encryption, not "you need four more to look at anything". There are many pearls you can have her read right away with just one extra neuron.

Is this a jump you can make? It seems like I'm just ever so slightly out of reach of it

No you cant, you should be going down anyways.

But now that i think about it, you can jump longer if you press the direction where you're jumping, i still think you can't do that jump though

I didn't think i'd be able to hold my breath long enough to go down. The jump seems like its off by a pixel

>Is this too hard for casuals?

it's not hard, it's frustrating. The game doesn't explain it's objectives clearly and rng can fuck you which is never fun/fair. Ive been wandering around for an hour and I have no idea where I'm suppose to go or do. Sometimes that yellow fuck does some kind of schitophrenic broken image tutorial and I have no idea what it's trying to communicate to me. And whenever I start getting into a grove enjoying myself exploring/running from shit, rain comes and ruins it.

When you press the spacebar you can see some whitedots around your Karma, those whitedots are the minutes left until the rain falls down. I understand your difficulties, only the basic is explained in the game and the rest is discovering yourself, but that take hours and a lot of people don't have the time or the patience.
Still i'd like the game to stay the way it is, i adds to the "survival" thing but is definitely not for everyone, there are a few pages with starting tips on steam that could help you though and you'll save some time

Please do not go the way of the dedgen.
There's always /indie/.

Just wait till the extra content comes in. Game's not popular enough to survive outside of /v/ in its current state.

I'm gonna try and get a shot like that tomorrow of a slugcat peeping out of a hole.

I'm five hours into the game, was progessing mainly east until i got to the shaded citadel and figured i should leave cuz i can't see shit. Haven't done anything of note story wise or met any npcs or anything (if there are any?), just been exploring and surviving. Not sure what i should be shooting for at the moment though. Is there something specific i should be trying to find as a first objective?

But that's the game's max resolution user

Nah, down that tunnel is absolutely where you need to be going.

>Wake up
>This thread is still alive
Neat
Now is there any reason for me to go to communications array?

There are two pearls on coms array. I think the black one is encrypted.

So she used to have a robe, like Five Pebbles, but she lost it somehow.

Can't wait for japs to make a doujin of her getting raped by scavengers, while Five Pebbles watches through cameras.

anytips for swimming? I keep running out of breath before I can get to where I need to

Don't tap the jump button underwater. Grab a squid. Use blue berries to attract them.
Leeches weigh you down and the only thing you can do if they grab you is to get out of the water for a bit or toss a jellyfish at them.

So, spoiler time. Would I be right in thinking that Five Pebbles is a complete cunt?

"1654.116 - PRIVATE [FORCED] Big Sis Moon. Five Pebbles

BSM: Immediately lower your groundwater consumption to one fifth of the current intake.

BSM: Stop whatever it is you are doing.

BSM: Please stop!

BSM: As your local group senior I order you you you you you you

BSM: As your senior senior I plead

BSM: stop

Five Pebbles: You could not have chosen a worse moment to disturb me. You have ruined everything.

BSM: please

Five Pebbles: I almost had it. I will never forget this."

(Can't be bothered to spoiler my whole damn post.)

A lot of people seem to think the observer worms are coloured the wrong way round (i.e. yellow is moon's and blue is pebbles') but I'm not so sure: I think maybe the yellow worm is five pebbles'. If you try to leave moon's room without eating any neurons the worm flashes up a picture of some neurons to you, which I first thought was a hint that I should eat the neurons (as at this point in the game you have no idea there are any others in the world to bring back). Maybe the yellow worm if five pebble's gambit to trick slugcat into killing moon? Because he's a cunt?

The worms being colour coded could also explain why the yellow worm has its shit together, (its owner has his shit together,) while the blue worms are dumbasses that can only watch (because their owner is a bit of a dumbass, at least until she gets more neurons). Has anyone noticed if the blue worms communicate more the more neurons you bring moon?

They made noises at me and then nothing else happened. Wasted a hole cycle jumping around and now i'm going to die because i've not the food to sleep.

There's loads of food in the massive room before her though. From moon's room it's really easy to drop down and grab the five waterberry seeds, then there's four jellyfish in the water as well. You can't have eaten all of that on the way there, right?

This part of the game would be great if there was a cutscene.

Didn't have the time to get the food was the problem.

>lizard keeps camping the tube i need to go through

Where should i go. 5 hours in, no direction, found the shaded citadel as my 3rd area so i figure I'm going the wrong way. Haven't ever seen the robot girl everyone talks about

Shaded citadel isn't wrong, the helper will have directed you either there or the garbage wastes depending on where you were in the industrial complex. Keep going east, as best you can in the dark. Can post my route through the citadel in the dark if you want.

That's the correct way. You generally head east until you find the robot. You've got to get through the dark, even if it means taking a glow bear with you and tossing it to the spiders.

Well the thing is, I'm more assured that Blue is 5 pebbles because they observe and do nothing else.
Goldenrod is actively pushing you to find Moon and then fix her mind. I've seen at least 3 different Blue Worms. 5Pebbles has his shit together, so he can control far more than Moon in her ruined box. The Green one probably belongs to one of the alive robots outside the game's boundaries who is probing in to 5Peb's territory.

And in addition, 5 Pebbles doesn't give a single shit about anything but his research. He has no reason to urge you to fix someone who has bothered him during a test.

Am I supposed to eat one of the robot's floating things? It really doesn't seem to like when I grab them

Depends. Do you want a slightly easier time in dark areas?
If so, yes. And cringe at the screech of agony she lets out. Poor thing.
If you'd prefer to have some lore, don't eat any and go take a nap. Then in the morning, follow Goldenrod into Shaded Shitadel.

>He has no reason to urge you to fix someone who has bothered him during a test.
I wasn't suggesting Five Pebbles was trying to fix her. Try reading m8.

Except Goldenrod points you towards 5Pebbles' Neurons after you sleep. His arrows lead you away from hers, through Citadel, Memory Crypts, and up the Leg before ceasing because he's too fearful of going any closer to 5Peb's central core.

>Goldenrod
That's a stupid nickname for the creature, nobody calls it that.

Better than "Yellow worm."
You're welcome to keep calling it that, but I don't give a shit. Unlike the Blue ones, it's singular and interacts with you, thus it deserves a name.

I'm glad you gave me permission to keep using that name m8. It's a big relief.

Seriously though, when it comes to giving advice to new players it's just not that helpful a name. It's not golden, and it's not a rod, so the people you're trying to help may not know what you're on about. On the other hand you see lots of new players ask about the "yellow worm thing". So I use that term as generally people will then know what I'm referring to.

I took one of the things out of the room and slept with it. I gave it back, but i guess its broken or they don't want it anymore because the slugcat germs. Guess i'll start over and head back it shouldn't take long now that i know the way.

how long does slugcat hibernate?

must be a long time because I bugged myself into not dying in the rain and it didn't let up for like half an hour. Probably a day in rain world time. which could be any length. this place doesn't really feel like earth.

Similar to most other creatures and a tad more. The Rain comes at the same time every Cycle. How much time until it comes is decided by how long you slept, which also decides how long everything else was awake before you.

Think it's just that the day lengths are random, not the time asleep. Other creatures don't seem to have spread further across each area on shorter days, for example.

>shaded citadel with no light
Never again

>went shaded citadel on the way to shoreline
>never found any decent light
>eventually just memorized every jump

although I did discover the minimap often shows the exact location of important poles and crevices even when you can't see them.

Yeah, it's quite something in the dark. That map trick is pretty useful, helped a lot when I heard about that.

I'd love to know how many players eat one of moon's neurons between those that go via the garbage wastes and those that go through the citadel without a light. I bet it's way higher among those that do the citadel.

>riding squid
>leviathans ahead
>vulture swoops down grabs squid I'm holding onto
>rocket off into the sky with it
>let go
>land safely on the other side of the leviathans
Thanks vulture I was sorta worried about jumping that.

>slugcats of hazzard
>YEEEEEEEEEEEHA

Okay now what. I keep falling no matter what direction I go and I cant see shit even with this orange glowball

>Blast Corps: Slugcat Edition
>swing the back end of your dumptruck around to take out a blue hentai monster that's in the way of the missile truck
>it grabs it and starts eating it instead
>slugcat squeezes out the window and starts jumping/running away from the tentacles while the truck is consumed
>is suddenly grabbed by a lizard that comes out of a nearby house
>it runs off with slugcat in its mouth
>heads straight to the missile truck and climbs up on it, detonating the nuke

Go straight up along the various poles. Then go left, up, right 2 rooms, then take one of the wormy-things and use it like a grappling hook to get up to the top.