Tool Thread

Let's see those tools.

No one?
I kinda figured you guys didn't work on your own cars.

What is the point?
Not posting because all my tools are hand-me down, or HF shit.

There's nothing wrong with harbor freight. Most of my wrenches are hand-me-downs from my grandfather or off brands.

Not the other guy, but I genuinely don't see the point in posting tool collections. Everyone has the same shit and it's more bragging about how you store them.
Mine are piled in a cheap cart and I have to dig through it like looking for that one lego piece, because I'm too poor for drawers.

So I've recently fed into the Snap-On gimmick.
I got their newest impact two weeks ago, and two ratchet sets today.
Im trying to keep my balance below $500, but fuck, their socket sets are $200-250 a piece.

I use Pittsburgh for most stuff, but I am looking to get a decent box soon. And my old techs US General box was shit, so I dont wanna cheap out on that.
Is $1700 for a 41" 10 drawer Snap-On box bad?

Also what kinda air ratchets are those?
I had a Kobalt 3/8 but it locked up. No warranty old garage find.
Dont necessarily wanna pay $370 for Snap-ons

Depends on the exact box. They last forever and have good resale so it's hard to go wrong with their boxes.

The 1/4 is Snap-On and the 3/8 is Matco.
I've had them for several years and I honestly don't remember what I paid for them. Whatever it was, it was too much. I almost never use them.

Well this is actually a fairly tall roller cab. New ones on their website run $5000.
This ones only a year or two old.

I recommend you check out strictlytoolboxes.com
The quality is way better than US General and nearly as good as Snap-On. I bought at 56" box from them a year ago for $1000 and it's been great.

Ill check it out.
The Matco guy has some nice fuckin boxes but he refuses to work with me on payment. As they denies my credit app. Haha

Also to the other post, I just really want a decent 3/8 air ratchet. They make certain jobs so much easier.

Any reason why you don't want a cordless ratchet? They make life so much easier.

Muh ratchets

I've since traded the Snap On cordless for the Mac one. Better choice.

Snap on is great but my wallet hates getting raped. I've used sonic with a mixture of Pittsburg for indestructibles. Sonic has good prices with great service. Broke a flathead one time doing stupid break work shit. Sent pics and called and got the replacement next day aired.

*brake

>post picture of your tools with geotracking
>get robbed

Muh pride and joy, my Nuclear Torque Wrench, surplussed from Rocky Flats nuclear weapons production plant.

Last calibration 7/27/2004, when plant decommissioning was just about done.

is father's day a good time to buy tools or is it all marketing and fake discounts?

>30 to 150 +/- 10ftlbs
lol

if you have any local community colleges, sign up for an automotive class, generally snapon gives you a SEP discount on a LOT of tools (mainly hand tools and boxes)

classes ususaly like $250 in general at community colleges, and if you plan on buying a box, that would cost as much as you save, so then if you buy anything else, you get it cheaper and a neato class

>all these guys with proper tool cabinets, drawers and more
I ain't fucking jealous, I swear!

and some of my newer purchases

At least you have shelves.

For the next few months, my tools are just on the floor of my room. It's suffering.

>living in dead grandfather's house
>has 1 car garage with another car's worth of space off to the side
>has counters with drawers and shit
>can't organize my goddamn tools and parts because the garage is full of his clutter he collected before dying
>mom won't let me get rid of stuff because EVERYTHING has sentimental value to her or she thinks we can sell it
>I know what this shit is worth and it's literally worthless aside from a few tools he left
>can't just go behind mom's back and get rid of it all anyway because she owns the house and garage, not me. I just live there with no rent.

you need to punch her

I have one of these and I fucking love it.

Get some hansen trays for fucks sake.
The milwaukee ratchet is nice, but the ratcheting mechanism only lasts about a year with pro use. I'm really excited for these new fuel ratchets because the ratchet head looks way more robust.