/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #55

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Black Boxes edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/10490349/chapters/23141313
shipyourenemiesglitter.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2B9S Best couple.

seems like we get another chance
hopefully this will lead to a different conclusion

Indeed.

Looks like Rekka will never finished translating The Memory Cage.

Reposting from last thread

Has anyone found a way to get Emil to move if he's REALLY fucking stuck? I've played this game for about 30 hours and he's NEVER moved. I've googled it and tried every solution I've seen and nothing has worked. He really loves that desert area.

I've tried this. I've reloaded a million times. I've done the run between area trick a million times. I've exhausted all his dialogue. I've done his quests. In dozens of hours, he's literally never moved once.

>suddenly start getting white screen crashes after 40ish hours of gameplay
>can't tell if it's the new nvidia driver update or the FAR update
Anyone in a similar situation? It's happening very rarely when loading a new area, or when a bunch of effects are active.

I'm on a 970

>Has anyone found a way to get Emil to move if he's REALLY fucking stuck?
Not that I know of. He started moving for me after A2 kills the king.

do you have chapter select yet or not? I did have a problem in route B where Emil would spawn only in the desert, but that was after I stole his mask from his house
normally you can get him to spawn by moving between city ruins and desert and watching the map to see when he despawns
so if you can't do anything and still are on route B, finish it and he should be automatically fixed in C
also make sure you talk to him for the first time when he spawns in the desert, otherwise he'll keep spawning there

I had this problem until one time in the middle of route C I went into offline mode to hide from my nagging friends. I have no idea why that was the push that finally convinced him to start advertising his wares in more places but it's worth a try.

White is beautiful.

>tfw my computer finally arrived
>I will finally be able to get 100% on the computer

Maybe once I get 100% again some magic will happen and they will patch the game.

THICK

>see voice actor credits for the dub
>Kira Buckland sounds familiar, not sure from where
>finally remember she did the voice of the black girl in Huniepop and has her own ED article

who /leavepascal/ here

You may also remember her as Rina Chan back on Newgrounds. Aka the voice of every single female character in the shitty flash cartoons you watched when you were 13.

Gotta admit. I was pretty fucking stunned when I found that out. Probably would never have realized it was her if not for the credits too so I guess good on her for growing out of the shrill annoying animu voice.

>White is beautiful.
So the Japs say.

Do the common resistance members fight with cool melee weapons like the Yorha androids or do they use boring guns?

What's been translated so far rattled me pretty bad, so much that I'm almost grateful that the rest of the novella is still inaccessible to me.

>2B was created to be the perfect counter to 9S
>Even her mind has been weaponized with the means to subdue him should he get rowdy
Thank you Taro for my depression

Agreed

Careful! People like two hate me posting it.

But I always oblige those who ask. archiveofourown.org/works/10490349/chapters/23141313

Just broke 10000 words.

You don't ever really see them fighting, but you do see corpses of those who fought and they have a mix of lame melee weapons and regular guns, rocket launchers and such humans would use. In fact, one of the gun you see them use is clearly an StG 44 because this game loves the nazis, pic related.

Extra Thick

Well they do use melee weapons.
Cool? Well who knows.

Can also fish a rocket launcher from the resistance out of the water.

We know there's this guy in the Gathering Keepsakes subquest and he seems to have just used a lame-ass rusted cleaver.

Probably why he died.

I just lost about 2 hours of save data because Taro decided not to put save points in the tower. I hit a power surge.

If there are save points I was too retarded to notice them anyway.

What were you even doing for 2 hours there? Lost progress sucks nonetheless, but that's a pretty long time to hang around there.

Any chance the game is going to go on sale any time soon on Steam? I don't remember if it went on sale when it came out.

It did not go on sale when it came out and your next best bet would be the Summer Sale, which won't be for a few months.

Bop that skip button, cutscenes make up most of the meat of the tower so it will be a fast trek back to the top

>tfw you will never have her take command of your thick cock and push her hips into yours as you flood her robo-womb with your baby batter and make her bear your android children

>What were you even doing for 2 hours there?

Sucking at the game mainly.

It had the usual preorder discount on GMG
18% I believe.
Amazon is selling it $10 off for PS4 this weekend.
But other than that don't expect sales for this game any time soon.

You don't need to be AT a save station to save dude

Theres an icon in the top right of the screen that will say if saving is possible. I know for a fact there are some areas that let you save in the Tower.

You should have stopped sucking by the time you reach the tower.

There are save points by the way.
One at the entrance and one at the library.

Damn, that sucks. I've heard it's a really good game, but is it $60+ good? If it is I'll pick it up when my next paycheck comes in.

I easily got around 70h out of the game and thought it was amazing. But asking this kind of question in a general meant for the kind of nerds like me who'd hang around this long to discuss the game will probably get you biased answers.

But the fact remains is that the game is both reviewing and selling way better than expectations and they still (apparently) have DLC scheduled to release, so as long as they can milk its success, I don't see them discounting the game.

Why you desire the touch of something that don't exist?

Don't listen to those two anons. Continue writing, write-user. There needs to be lewd hand holding in your fic.

she never finished a translation ever, except the extremely half assed manga ones (and even then someone else already translated 1/3 of it)
I don't get why other people don't step up to do proper translations in her place, I can't believe there's no interest in it since almost everything from nier and dod3 was translated and those two games were a lot more niche than automata

Are there any weapons/pod programs in the soul box other than faith?
I missed a bunch of rewards.

Rekka Alexiel?

Pod programs/weapons aren't rewards the soul box gives you, Faith is always there.

So I killed the machines but no ending.
What do?

That's strange. It was in the room with all the rewards and when I opened it, I was told it was for killing lots of machines.

There are other rewards for doing other things but they're just high level chips

I think the reward it gave you was another chest

You didn't kill them all.
Check the lower levels.

I might be a mechanical lifeform because it's like I was programmed to experience powerful protective feelings every time I see this kinda racist yet kindhearted boy

2B is 4Bullying

There are no other weapons there, and the rest are pretty much just chips. But here's a dump of the dialogue for each chest hinting at what you need to do:

>Heavens, you've used a veritable mountain of items, haven't you? Please have this special present as a reward!
>Goodness! You've died an astonishing number of times. You deserve a special present!
>As a reward for trying to understand machine lifeforms via frequent hacking sessions, we have a special present for you!
>You've recovered an army's worth of corpses! We have just the thing for someone like you!
>Oh my! Look at all the machine lifeforms you've murdered! Such dogged persistence is worthy of a special present!
>We have a special present for you—a token of appreciation for all the machine lifeform requests you completed!
>It's wonderful to see your interest in the things of this world. The collection you've amassed has earned you a special present!
>Congratulations! As thanks for all the android requests you completed, we have a special present for you!

This is your daily reminder that you are cancer

Was that whole area just Taro making fun of completionists again?

A man can long after the ideal.

>die in 9S' memories
>game over

What the fuck? I was hacking.
Now I have to do the soul box again.
At least they fixed the black box archive. Too bad it spoiled me the first time.

user, it was a good read, keep writing and don't feel discouraged.

If you chapter selected to the moment where they're waving white flags you have to leave and re-enter so that they're not waving the flags anymore. I ran into something similar and that fixed it for me.

That collar makes me have sex choking fantasies. Did they do this on purpose or is it just me?

>if you aren't connected to the network for the E ending you don't get help and can't beat the game
>they actually connected shit properly instead of just giving the illusion of being helped

neat

9S is for...?

Crossing swords.

lewd

Source?

Anemone has a rifle in her official art, so boring guns.

>Endings tied to weapon upgrades always have more negative outcomes than the ones you get just for playing the game normally
>Your cool prize in Automata for maxing out all weapons is the Original Emil fucking dies
Just this once could you be nice to completionists Taro my dude

What's the fastest way to farm money with chapter select? I want to finish maxing out my weapons, fight Emil and delete my save because I felt bad saying no and wanting to 100%.

anyone got that picture of 9S putting the stick in his bicycle wheels and screaming A2?

You can buy Thicc dictionaries from the clown merchant in the Amusement Park on Routes A/B and sell it back to him for profit on Route C. A stack sells for like 1 Million, so just chapter selecting between A/B and C and buying/selling them is relatively fast.

There may be faster ways, but that's how I did it.

Gonna try this, thanks!

I like Automata's setting more than NieR or Drakenguard.

I'm going to sleep and browsing on my phone. I'll post it tomorrow

Usually the issue is less the money and more the general rarity and specificity of the materials. If you've held onto your Machine Cores, sell them in route C since they go for more and you should have more than enough money to cover the costs.

Or if you want to do something truly depraved, you can buy the Children's Cores from memory-wiped Pascal in route C, and resell it for profit.

Same, I find Nier's great, but Automata just does something more.

Also, Looking for the 9S Hackerman wallpaper/reaction.

"I'm not quite sure what it means to mourn, or even if we have souls to concern ourselves with.
But I hope you're at rest 2B, sweet dreams

I can't contain all this sadness.

>ladder is up even though B route reveals that 9S already kicked it down

wow yoko taro such poor continuity, did you think I wouldn't notice?

gg shit game

I found the prelude to that to be fairly sad too. Not in the sense that there's any reason to care about those particular resistance members dying, but the questgiver having this sort of undirected grief he doesn't know what to do with and reaching to human customs to at least do something for his passed friends made me feel really bad for him.

I'm not saying it's as much of a tearjerker as 9S putting up a gravestone for 2B, but that resistance member not knowing how to cope was a bummer too.
>Route A it's 2B fighting Eve at the outer edge of that alien cave
>Route B it's 9S fighting Eve at the outer edge of that alien cave

I'll be joining you soon enough

I went back in route C and all the shortcuts and boxes were closed.

What are you hoping is behind the DLC doors?

I couldn't enjoy most of original Nier because I already knew most of the things that were going to happen and I basically had all the quests out of the way by the time I got the first ending phoenix spear charge breaks the game. And a number of things about the story don't make no sense. Automata at least is generally coherent even where it's simplistic, in such a way that it makes sense both before and after you give it more thought. I didn't care for the graphics, and the music while good on its own was choppily integrated compared to Automata.

But ending D was really good.

I didn't even care too much for Kaine, but those last few minutes demonstrate that the power of good writing in spite of short length, good animations in spite of mediocre models, good lighting/composition using the simple tech that was available to them, all emphasizing only what's most important, conveys the intended goal of delivering an emotional impact in the end.

I can definitely see why it got a cult following.

I'm glad Taro got his big break with Automata.

Machines take offense when Androids use shortcuts like they own the place.
They reset them when you weren't looking.

A thank you letter from Taro and a code to RSVP at his new restaurant.

Not a clue, but If they pull a World of Recycled Vessel and make those elevators take us to boring corridors filled with enemies I'm mailing Taro a box of ants

Stole an idea for a guy's android theme from reddit and changed it to my liking.

The path to ending Ä

Finally.

Fuck fishing and fuck rare spawns.

>Play as final form Beepy, about to burst to the surface
>Still in corridors

Just use this
shipyourenemiesglitter.com
Less illegal and its cheaper so you can buy a few preplanned ones.
My only worry is his Emil head will spare him the initial blast.

>He posts a video thanking fans for the glitter while coated from head to toe in glitter.
I can see it now.

Pretty cool

Yoko Taro already left a thank you letter on twitter.

Fucking Swordfish Machine assholes, I swear.

Congrats!

What if they're killing you when you use the Transport system

I remember reading an article several years ago about teleportation research. Scientists were trying to instantaneously teleport an electron from one place to another. And I remember them saying that to do that, it would require that the original electron be obliterated and instantly reformed at a different location. I'm not exactly sure but iirc they did have moderate success with that electron.

does matter which one I pick?