pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>pre-war thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MaDT0sQxLy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for autismfu

>a gorillion hours in MSPaint

NV is top tier exploration, I tell myself urban exploration is best but I always come back to the desert. Maybe its because I'm from Utah. I think the one place I love the most in Fo4 besides The Island is the outskirts of Nuka World because it just reminds me of NV so much.

Do you prefer urban exploration?

Even though NV is my favorite Fallout, I do prefer urban settings over the desert.

Not that I don't like the desert or anything, I just like cities and woodlands more.

I prefer Fallout 3 and 4's exploration over NV.

The biggest problem I have with NV is the same problem I have with all other Obsidian games.

While they have great characters and narratives, their worlds seem almost secondary and tacked on, with very little real detail put into them.

Instead, everything is just verbally diarrhead to the player.

I want to make this but whenever i do it i always get confused about the delineation between me and my character and end up stopping. yeah i have a problem.

I prefer space exploration.

How hard would it be to put these guys in Fallout 4?

Cities to me seem really spooky when they're abandoned, it makes me think of the film adaption of I Am Legend and other similar things. I guess the desert just seems more homely.

I never really felt that way honestly, I love the Mojave Wasteland. I do wish there were more underground areas to explore though.

Can we just get alien blaster rounds from fo4 just from thecrash site without using the console?

I like NV except for the beginning of the game feeling railroaded up to when you get to new vegas.

>How hard

About medium-easy

They won't be able to do that point animation, though.

Well of course it was! You did literally have railroads for half of it to Novac :^)

What?

you could probably bodyslide the supermutant after sticking a zetan head on it. hardest part would be the textures.

narrow shoulders, spindly biceps, Popeye forearms, then give it a bit of a gut and skinny legs. ask Buffscale, I think he knows a bit about bodyslide.

Sorry, brain can't connect to keyboard. I was wondering if the cave with the wounded alien was the only place where you got alien blaster rounds in the game, aside from using the console of course. (Where's the fun in that?)

Does the laser musket benefit from the +20% dmg with non-automatic rifles perk or the energy weapons one?

Doing the quest for the Hubologists in Nuka World is another one-time source of the cells and a legendary alien blaster.

>or the energy weapons one?
The bonus from Rifleman applies to all weapons that meet the conditions, except for the armor negation which only applies to ballistic damage.

Is Tactics worth playing?

I like NV, but honestly, there was a lot wrong with it.

-I didn't feel like the story gave me good reason to go after Benny outside of Petty revenge

-The NCR and Legion just sort of jumping you almost immediately after you reach Vegas felt forced, and I didn't really feel like I had done anything to warrant them wanting me as their top agent.

-Then, after you do join a side, they ask you to go on all these missions they claim will help them win the war, but almost all of it is just dicking sucking the various minor factions who have no real impact on how the war will turn out.

-At the same time, all the actual military actions that would help one faction or another end the war, such as training troops, managing communications, destroying the monorail, etc. etc., are all treated as superfluous side quests when those should be the main quest.

I also wasn't a big fan of the portrayal of the NCR or the Legion.

The NCR was almost loony tunes, pants on head, retarded at everything, to the point of being not really beliveable.

And the other hand, the Legion were these super Machiavellian badasses, who were secretly behind EVERYTHING in the Mojave, despite the fact they are nothing but a bunch of reformed tribals who were taught the basic of war by an armchair intellectual who read a few books.

There was just a whole lot of things in NV that didn't really jive.

Yeah, Mad Max is pretty good if you can get over the repetitive fighting and lacklustre story. Has a lot of stuff I wish Bethesda would do and also stuff I hope to god they don't do.

What in the FUCK is that picture

>been playing full pussy mode on ''hard'' difficulty
>had no issues dismantling everything with a sledgehammer
>tried applying same tactic on survival mode
>get shit kicked in so deep it came out of my mouth

How do I melee on survival?

chems

>You came to the wrong neighborhood MOTHERFUCKER

I think that's the cover pic for a new Corsican Brothers flick. God I miss Juan Cruz. Their stuff honestly hasn't been the same since he left the biz, but I am so glad they stopped with the shitty music fucking the scenes up.

am i the only one who genuinely liked this DLC?

I had a blast honestly, but it felt like I was playing an entirely separate game.

I liked it

I like it even more when people flip out and say that the DLC implied that the AYYs caused the war, when said all the dialogue for said holotape was cut from the DLC.

i cant get over how cool vehicle combat is honestly. and the usage of binoculars so you can spot camps and scope out the enemies feels so good. i know you can do this in fallout 4 but the comparison feels off. also driving around and attacking caravans makes me feel actually menacing and reminds me of the movies so goddam much.

Indian Fallout 4 when?

youtube.com/watch?v=MaDT0sQxLy8

FO4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallout Poo Vegas

What mod is that outfit from?

I liked it too

I always felt like the only person on the planet who doesn't find Mariska Hargitay sexy. Her face is the stuff of nightmares.

>Year 1 of our lord Trump
>Trying to start this kind of bullshit
Good job

I noticed that too. I know BS is bad with bugs but its not like theyd leave dialog in if they meant to cut it. Leaving the holotape was a bad error but i only knew it had anything b/c I play with subtitles all the time.

Short answer: yes

Hello fellow anonymous, my name is Chris. You probably know me from my work on classic video games such as Descent to Undermountain and Champions of Norrath. When I wasn't doing freelance work for AAA game publishers, I somehow found the time to develop and publish several indie games from my garage, such as Fallout 2.

I heard that some people on this board were having trouble following the painstakingly constructed narratives and complex themes from some of my work, so I thought I would help clear up a few misconceptions about my writing, Van Buren and New Vegas in particular.

As a writer, I feel that the journey is more important than the destination, it's important to take the reader on a wild ride though the story I want to tell. That can be a complicated thing to pull off in a 'role-playing' visual novel. The player has to have the illusion of choice, they have to feel that their choices matter and to keep the console audience engaged, you can't waste time on things like backstory if you want to start shooting lizards in the first 10 minutes of play.

That's why I like the "you have to go back to move forward" approach to telling a story. Bam! Action! Wait a minute...record scratch. Internal narrative and we cut back to 3 weeks earlier. Now that's how you tell a story! Exiting, isn't it? You have to go back to go forward. You don't need to know who the protagonist is right away, you can figure that out as you go along, just like Revan and the other guy in my Star Wars games, or the Nameless One in the unique Planescape universe I wrote for D&D.

A lot of New Vegas players get angry and tell me that they don't like not being able to go right to Vegas, that they hate the cazadores and deathclaws that force them to go in the other direction. To them I say "you're reading my story wrong." Remember, you have to go back to go forward. It's not the destination, but the journey. Let me take you for a ride, you'll figure things out as we go along.

1/2

What's a good twink body for males in New Vegas?

I'm looking for "definitely male but with noticeably feminine qualities" WITHOUT tits or being underaged.

Nat.

Nat...?

Was Tina just banging Holt for a steady supply of Jet?

Yes.

Is that the whole name, and if so, what site is it on...?

>New thread
>That means I can shitpost all my images all over again

This game is weird. Starting a new character my railroad coat mod wasn't working right.

Fiddled with it for two hours, still not working.

Start the game once again and suddenly it is.

Long answer?

Long answer, it's good for what it is, don't expect it to be something it's not.

If you want an RPG, look elsewhere. If you want a Fallout X-Com with a heavy emphasis on scavenging supplies during missions, then yes.

I found it to be quite fun if infuriatingly frustrating and obtuse at times, also it feels like a game where save scumming is needed to win.

I watched this entire movie once.
It was "an experience"

How easy/hard is making Power Armor meshes for f4? Is it just making a static for each piece and slapping joints on it or is there more to it?

While I don't mind rural exploration, I dislike the Mojave Wasteland. Especially vanilla, with it's shit invisible walls, it's garbage. The geography is alright but the monster spawn is shit, there is no middle ground between "boring and empty" and "welcome to rapetown". The threats are so sporadic, but then in threatening areas they are ridiculously dense; it's like the Mojave Wasteland was designed like a MMO worldspace, where some areas are for grinding on X Level mobs, and other areas are just to travel to region X to grind on Y mobs.

The Capital Wasteland was much better designed in that regard, as far as the distribution of threats, the variety of them, and the difficulty threshold of them. There were still regions that would be concentrated fuck you to the player, but the distribution was more open, and the random encounters made exploring more "quiet" areas actually entertaining. I've never used Fast Travel as much in a Bethesda game as I have in New Vegas, because once you've been through an area there is no point going through it again unless you're scavenging foragables.

Zion Canyon is geographically interesting, but it's horrible in that regard. There are those few locations where you go around a bend and it's ALWAYS a giant creature spawn. That's shitty game design. Obsidian is great at lore, character writing, and quest design, but they suck ass at world design on a gameplay level.

It's disappointing because as I've said, the Mojave is geographically interesting, and especially with Invisible Wall Remover mods, opens up so much potential. But in general the game design, with almost zero random encounters, and the threat variance and potential being so mediocre (it's basically, "follow the storyline path or fuck you"), really makes exploration either a chore, or boring. So I think more locations of threats, with not as many individual enemies in each location, might be better.

Hey Buffscale, point me to a guide that'll come closest to walking me through assigning a different texture set to an existing armor/mod combination.

I'm not being cheeky I actually wanna know.

i think hes saying nat from fallout 4. that or natural. also good luck trying to find a more feminine body for men in new vegas, let alone bethesda games. its fucking impossible.

Why doesn't anybody love me?

because you think all value falls into physical beauty and so you accept defeat whilst not empowering any other quarter of your persona.

Where was I? Ah, yes, I was writing about writing. Writing about my writing for visual novels, which you read. Tell, don't show, that's how you tell a story. You move from place to place within the game world and it is like turning a page in a book. Advanced readers can skip ahead, especially if they've read the book before, but if you're picking up my book for the first time, you have to go from page to page; from Goodsprings to Primm, just like turning a page in a book. That's how a 'player' is supposed to read my story.

As for complaints that certain antagonists within my story did not seem fleshed out, or that plot elements seemed rushed, I would remind you that the journey is more important than the destination. KOTOR2 is a fantastic example of a story where the journey is more important than the destination. Can you imagine if I fully fleshed out the antagonists motives and gave the game a proper ending? No, that would be ridiculous. Bioware fell into that trap with Mass Effect 3 and look where they are now. The Legion, to the uninitiated, might seem like they weren't given the same attention as other groups in the game, but that was on purpose. The protagonist is a good guy, so for the purposes of the story I wanted to tell, the Legion are exactly as fleshed out as they need to be. You're only going to shoot them at the Dam, anyway.

I'm quite happy to have taken the time to read and others criticisms in this thread and I'm sure you all understand that you were incorrectly reading my visual novel about a guy with a mysterious past that is revealed by other people while finding their way to the center of a conflict between powerful groups. Don't be a pleb.

Your pal, Chris.

p.s. anything you don't like is an easter egg

Not really, I don't care if someone is ugly, as long as they are nice to me, but nobody feels the same way

>-I didn't feel like the story gave me good reason to go after Benny outside of Petty revenge
I'm not a big fan of this argument, because the only backstory you have on your character is that you ARE a Courier, and the note does say you are liable for the delivery of the chip. So if anything, you aren't hunting down Benny for revenge, you're getting you're fucking shit back, because you're a goddamn Courier who believes in your job. Also you'd want to know why the fuck that dandy douche shot you. Curiosity and vocational professionalism is enough of a motive to follow Benny. The threat assessment and other personal motivations determines how much of a hurry you are to get there.

Most everything else I agree with you though. Everyone jumping on your dick right away, although your arguement that the NCR seemed incompentent is dumb, they are incompetant because they are a massive national bureaucracy by 2281, so the NCR being stupid seemed alright by me. The Legion being being everything is alright because for the Legion to exist being built on subjugation of 80 different tribes, and controlling such a large geographic region, requires a lot of shrewdness. The Frumentarii are obviously loyal to Caesar and good at their jobs, so them being the ominious threats behind a lot of plots isn't that far-fetched.

Tactics has the best map design of the classic Fallouts, and has a good spin on SPECIAL. As most tactical strategy games of that age, it's frustratingly difficult at times, with downright bullshit "artificial difficulty" at other times. So it's fucking rough. If you like those old-school squad based tactical games, or strategic RPGs, give it a whirl.

Thanks for visiting, Chris, that was an informative narrative.

>lthough your arguement that the NCR seemed incompentent is dumb, they are incompetant because they are a massive national bureaucracy by 2281
That's not my problem though, my problem is that they are incompetent and dumb even BEYOND that.

>c4 plastic explosives mod
why the FUCK wasnt this in vanilla?

Because it serves no purpose not already fulfilled by another weapon

>tfw using C4 sneakily in tactical locations to kill Brotherhood without making them hostile to me while they fought X6 at Libertalia

You've asked your favorite companion out on a date....

and they said Yes!

Where do you take them? What do you guys do together?

L-Liberty prime sempai!
you've finally noticed me!
W-wanna patrol around the burning ruins of the murderbot infested institute crater while hunting for commies?

>while hunting for commies?
No Brotherhood, you are the commies.

THE PEOPLE MUST GIVE UP THEIR TECHNOLOGY TO THE BROTHERHOOD. ONLY THE BROTHERHOOD IS CAPABLE OF DECIDING WHO IS WORTHY. GLORY TO COMRADE MAXSON.

>implying im some backwards knight.
Its love from afar...
hard love...
but maybe if I hunt commies just as good as them they'll notice me...

Hmm I wonder if Curie would want to go to the institute once I've blown out the brains of everyone who opposes me there

If the guy still gives a shit it's the Curie face redesign by darkysoul2 and I changed the hair to black and gave her the eyeglasses in elianoras armour compendium

B-B-B-BUT DUR BROTHERHOOD ARE SUPPOS 2 B NAZIISS

>T. Every fucking fallout 4 babby who has never played any games with the enclave in it (the actual fascists)

>brotherhood are commies
>they trade
>they protect trade routes for discounts on trade

no

>implying communist nations don't trade

>>they trade
>>they protect trade routes for discounts on trade
If you talk to certain NPCs that are tied into Maxson's cult, you find they're off the opinion they should just use brute force to take whatever they need and/or want sans negotiation. In fact, you're sort of encouraged to intimidate the settlements into giving the Brotherhood their way in that subquest.

>subquest
sidequest

Which character should I masturbate to tonight? I'm thinking Magnolia but I'm not sure.

The concept of Cait's several teen and possibly pre-teen rapes.

P.A.M.

Ruby Nash, naked and covered in Radscorpion Casserole.

Nora Synth clone harem.

>Get suggested FO4 lore videos
>Click
>Dude goes full Game Theory

Actually, Danse prefers you pay full price for the crops.

Likewise, Danse also mentions that its against BoS policy to go through civilians to rech technology, so long as they aren't using it to harm others.

teagan is an asshole.

maxson's rules are pretty good for farmers.

Pretty good choices here user.

On the "Definitive F:NV Mod List" the "Beast" modding guide link just nets me a Google drive error. Is anyone else having this issue?

Are veteran rangers, lorewise, deadlier than Brotherhood Paladins?

I've spawned NCR Veterans and BoS Paladins in one on one and group battles and the Ranger Vets always come out on top, but I'm just wondering if this is a case of lore dissonance.

lorewise the motherfuckers are in powerarmor and should shred anything stupid enough to be within medium-range engagement.

Veterans make sense winning in their engaging ranges, stupid far range with a big-ass anti-everything rifle.

Depends entirely on the people and the situation.

I'd imagine taking out power armor is a part of NCR ranger training at some point.

BoS rely too much on their armor, Ranger armor looks rad but really isn't that reat, they need actual skills.

A ranger with a AM rifle would probably wreck a Paladin's shit.

Not so deadly that they can hand cannon them through their fucking helmets.

I'd say they'd win if the BoS didn't have their armor and they were in the unmapped wild.

anywhere else, unless the NCR vastly outnumbered them, the BoS would win.

I'd imagine they have something like the A-10 Pilots Coloring Book.

>Ranger armor looks rad but really isn't that reat
Not only is it as good as the highest grade combat armor available to the military pre-war, but it comes with a pair of jeans that are completely bulletproof.

I don't know about you compadre but I don't really have much trouble killing paladins with 45.70 govt.

RELEASE. THE KITTIES.

Desert Rangers seem to outfit themselves. Aside from the revolvers they get for "25 years of loyal service", I doubt the military issues them lever-actions. As such, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that there are rangers that have gauss rifles and laser/plasma weapons? I seem to remember the NCR having such equipment in Fallout 2, it's just not standard issue because of logistics problems... but some of their Heavy Troopers along the Long 15 seem to be armed with plasma casters and possibly gatling lasers.

>I don't really have much trouble killing paladins with 45.70 govt
Gameplay/story segregation.

Well, going by NV, the NCR veteran rangers are supposed to be top-tier unit for one of the primary potentially-antagonistic factions in the game. BoS is a small side arc at best in NV. So I think NCR units would be a bit biased as their faction is much more prominent. Also gameplay wise PA in FO3/NV is a bit on the weak side compared to lore. While the Ranger armor should be top-tier for non-power armor, it still isn't power armor, so the Paladin should have an edge.

I think if it's a one-on-one and they both run into eachother unexpectedly, the Paladin would have the edge because of their Power Armor, but if there is some time to prepare, the Ranger would have the edge, as they are known for being able to read the ground and use terrain to maximum advantage. It depends on how heavily armed the Paladin is though. A Ranger I wouldn't expect to have more than a .308 rifle or maybe a 5mm automatic weapon (both which could be effective against PA), and a Paladin I think would have a standard Laser Rifle, but could have Plasma, and even a Gauss or Laser Gatling; it is plausible a Ranger could have an anti-material rifle or a grenade launcher of some kind; these would render the PA of the Paladin moot, although it would be rare for a Ranger to have these weapons most likely.

tl;dr: theoretically, Paladin should have a slight edge because of armor and firepower potential, but the Ranger would probably be better at using terrain and making the fight happen where it would be most advantageous to them.

Looking up random mods is the best.

>Gameplay/story segregation
>"Made of a poly-laminate composite, the outer shell of the T-51 is lightweight and capable of absorbing over 2500 Joules of kinetic impact"
>"The .45-70 Government cartridge offers a rimmed, wide, 54mm-long case... ts huge, stocky bullets − generally hollow-point in design, often nicknamed the "Flying ashtrays" − still offer power levels ranging around 350 kilograms/meters (well over 3400 Joules or 2500 foot-pounds), and even exceeding it

I never could figure that out actually.

It was a pain in the ass so I just duplicated an armor and made a new bgsm just for it, whenever I had to do that.