Horde guild:

/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons
forum.elysium-project.org/forum/268-ui-addons-macros/

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>WoD models (Drop the MPQ in your data folder)
mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/patch-5.mpq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2008/11/ff-ige/
realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=Ana&player=Jazzl
legacy-wow.com/warlock-leveling-guide-1-60/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trux single-handedly killed Salty Dogs.

as if it wasn't already dead

What happened?

t. inactive

>first roll Warrior
>hard as shit to solo something that's even one level above you
>requires a lot of grouping to really be productive
>really got into the whole "muh Vanilla" mindset since I had to take advantage of my mining/skinning to make good money for good gear/pots, and the secondary professions for good downtime heals
>things still take forever though particularly due to said downtime even if reduced thanks to food/bandage

>then roll Warlock to see how it is
>easy as shit to solo something four levels above (also managed to solo Vagash and Hogger at level 11)
>grouping feels like a liability since things are so easy to solo so you're wasting xp from kills
>don't really even need professions for money; mount is free as well
>while not as quick at individual mob killing as a very well geared warrior, things still take less time due to non-existent downtime

Huh, I guess it kinda makes sense since Warlocks probably are the most social kinda people either. But shit Warlocks really do put a damper on the whole "Vanilla is hardcore" thing since it's easier to level than retail honestly and only gets easier as the game goes on unlike retail (fear, voidwalker, healthstone, soulstone, siphon life, etc etc) Makes me wonder why Warlock is the second least popular class on the server since it's probably the easiest to level up.

Reposting because new thread.

Because pets are usually fucking jank as hell on private servers, warlocks are super boring to play in raids, and they have really bad threat problems.

They're fun while leveling though

Hey my fellow shamans

How is life treating you on the glorious horde?

Tell me, what are you:
Grindan
Critan
Healan
Memean (for you enhancement players)

Also shaman question of the day:
What is your favorite troll tusk type?

read the leveling guide in the OP, warriors are #1 in gear reliance

>wow used to be hard!

t. someone who's never played a real rpg before

The guide is shit. Warriors are bad because that's what they are not because of "gear reliance." And no it doesn't get better at 60.

Because no matter what you do you will just be a bad mage that also has to cast to do well in group pvp, while mages just spam instants. Shard farming is the worst thing in the world.

>the reason most people play Warrior, Rogue, Mage is because warlocks suck at endgame!

>is the only level 60 warrior in the guild
>has the opportunity to single handedly lead SD into greatness
>deserts to Reddit guild because is too impatient to wait a few weeks until the recruits can reach 60
I never liked Trux anyway.

about to start doing dungeons on my druid alt, how to tank? precast hot's and spam swipe?

I don't blame him honesty, if you want to raid then you have to do it ASAP on Elysium because of ow fast the population is dying.

There's no guarantee that SD people would stay around in a few weeks with all of these shitty private servers coming out that will lead people away

There were shitton of warlocks at the start, voidwalkers were everywhere, most just dropped after first few bgs, when they realised how actually useless they are in their shit gear with 2k hp and even before that most dropped after their first rogue encounter. Also fear being broken as shit didn't help warlock population at all.

>Because pets are usually fucking jank as hell on private servers
Is this a thing that happens often? No big problems for me so far.

>warlocks are super boring to play in raids
Mages are the second most popular class, and their raid rotation is even simpler than Locks, no?

It's what I have been thinking so far. Not sure how this got popular.

Maybe it's because our little guide up there hasn't so far (at least for me so far) been exactly accurate, but based on that, and what some others have said, are Locks not better than Mages at PvP? Not to mention that the big three DoTs (Corruption, COA, Siphon Life) are all instants as well.

>fear being broken as shit didn't help warlock population at all

Yeah the game gets boring fast when you're fearing people for 20 seconds at a time without it breaking even long after they're dead, I would quit too.

>are Locks not better than Mages at PvP

If only you knew how bad things really are...

> are Locks not better than Mages at PvP
No not at all. If I were to pick premade setup there would be room for only one warlock being trashbuff/soulstone/cot bot. Most likely spec him demo so healers can ignore him.
> Not to mention that the big three DoTs
Corruption immo sl gets dispelled almost instantly even by shit pugs. They do no damage.
Lad, go play a warlock and tell me how good fear actually is.

wired.com/2008/11/ff-ige/

>leveling new warrior
>recommended talent spec doesn't take blood craze

Wait, why? You're already sitting to proc Enrage, why not get free regen out of it too?

And is MS really worth losing Enrage when you could use Slam instead?

>If I were to pick premade setup

Good thing you're not in a position to do that since there are no premades at level 30 something.

arms is worth it. every 30 seconds you can kill 2 mobs at once easy. mortal strike is VERY good as well. also you can actually pvp as arms with tactical mastery. fury pvp is just suffering

>read a recommended guide by /v/
>it's shit

l-lol??

Ah I see your knowledge is showing. Well newsflash for you, most alliance premades run with 1 warlock at best and they put him to guard some shitty base, cause he's fucking useless trash class that can't do any good at anything besides standing at lm/gm.

He joined the reddit guild.

I'm sure this is the real reason why the warlock class is underpopulated. Everyone knows the demise pug farming meta is to stack Mages and only take 1 warlock.

can I start shitposting now?

Corruption and CoA do 2k damage alone at 60. Warlock is fucking busted. Not to mention all the utility you get from either succ or vw. Warlock is easily the best 1v2 class and the 2nd best 1v1 class.

Maybe, but with Fury you get better sustain with BC and a huge free damage boost with Enrage. Bloodthirst's heal seems worthless but faster Slams seems decent.

MS hits hard sure, but it has a longish cooldown and I don't know if it's worth losing that passive damage bonus.

Its the only real reason. Warlocks are shit at endgame. People realise this and roll something else. Stop pretending to know better cause you don't. If only you knew how many warlocks whispered me asking if its as bad for me as it is for them.

do NOT ue any of those specs or the item docs. most of that shit is wrong intentionally.

What bracket is best for a warlock twink?

Us Warlocks have it pretty tough... If it weren't for my extreme skill and gear I would never beat absolutely everyone absolutely all of the time.

The Priest one is fairly accurate, but yeah, they seem pretty bad. I was using a warrior specific guide anyway and thought it was weird in the sticky that it was so wrong.

How new is the population in elysium? Everyone seems to know more about the game and when I join a group I'm just following people around trying to not be a useless piece of shit, however whenever I attack someone I win above half of the time, you gotta be really shitty to die to a newfag leveling his first character ever.

if you honestly think warriors don't have a gear reliance problem you're absolutely retarded

Surprising amount of people that (at least seem like they) have never played wow before.

Protip, bind a and d to strafe. Don't be a keyboard-turning retard, it's the easiest way to spot a free kill.

I want to orc these bitches

lots of people are new, lots are old players

source: my asshole

>MS cooldown is too long

lad...

>bind a and d to strafe.
Not the first time I've read this, I'm starting to think that it might actually be good advice.

The idea is to free Q and E for MOAR HOTKEYS, right?

That plus turning with your keys is useless and super slow compared to using your mouse to move the camera

They don't. Warriors are just bad, any other class benefits from gear just as much if not more.

No, I got caught by surprise by stoneform, sprinted off, restealthed and killed him.
Then someone requested a screenshot so I killed him again and took one.
And I wasnt raging, simply wanted to confirm that its intended that you can activate it while being blinded instead of being immune to blind when activating it before.
And if you need a crutch as a warrior to kill rogues you should probably just uninstall.

Why would I give you my name?
His name was Whitebeer tho.

>Rogues are easy for Warriors

lol

No, you can already have qe open for more keys because you're still not keyboard turning when you hold right click for movement as people that bind strafe have to do as well. But they're forced to use two hands, you still have the ability to jerk off while autorunning if you so desire.

What is the reddit-guild?

We are not talking about lvl 30, friend.

>Right click for movement.
Literally what? Why? Left+right click for running is binded by default, that plus W plus autorun works as good as needed, why would anyone change that? I see no purpose.

I either walk with right+left mouse button, holding down W+right mosue or ^ for autowalk.

>Left+right click for running is binded by default
So do you unbind W as well?

You don't change it you doof. Right click let's you turn your character as fast as you can move your mouse.

Yes?

I don't think that's a good idea nor was that what I meant.

Yeah I understand that, it seemed like the user was saying that right click should be bound to running which didn't seem logical.

is the thread....dying??

Haha bro it's Saturday night we're having a night out haha

So alliance has better 60 premades and horde has a better pvp lvling experience?

are you memeing on my meme?

realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=Ana&player=Jazzl

haha

Alliance is better at taking orc dick and Horde is better at games, better at life?

repost fuck you

we try problem is you want us to be around 24/7 watching bgs all day long? got more important shit to do than babysit bgs when all the reports look like this

'giganticfag is afk in bgs, please ban'

wtf that's worthless, send me a fucking screenshot of them staring at the mountain in a corner or something

I don't get it

Going afk is a natural response when facing premades. They just want the game to end quickly because they know they won't get any honor points anyway. Why would that be bannable? I understand if it's a rogue or druid that stealth afk's near objectives all game however.

holy shit is elyisum team gms really here?

wouldn't surprise me since shenna posts here sometimes

Of course we lurk, retard.

please stop muting me in game for hours at a time., its really annoying to talk to my guildys in /dnd messages

fix bug where you disconnect when you ceblock fear

Jazzl has been plaguing pvp for months, maybe even a year in total now, trying to get R14, he's been breaking brackets forever and gotten himself blacklisten from premades, this week, he managed to beat everyone and grab standing 1, pretty sad really that pvp community just doesnt give him a slot and be done with him... sad thing is that he got to like R13 50% or something, and got banned for a week and got decayed like crazy

1-2 orc rogue
3-4 orc lock
5-6 troll mage
7-8 ud lock
9-0 gnome mage

kronos gms were also in /krog/
some were retarded and had this mindset of 'Veeky Forums is le evil' too, banning for that

I'm a lock and have been following the stickied guide to the letter for 29 levels.
It seems to be working alright but that might just be because warlock leveling is pretty hard to fuck up, is there a more efficent build?

gear reliance =/= gear benefit

confirmed retarded

>guide by barrymanalow
he didn't make it to 60 lmao

wow all that for r14 as a non-warrior/rogue...

One, two, Zekrum's coming for you.

Three, four, better flare the door.

Five, six, he hits with Improved Kicks.

Seven, eight, Gotta stay up late.

Nine, ten, Horde win again....

>blacklisten from premades

Absolutely devastated.

Are you fucking stupid mate?

Post your macros

>Veeky Forums is le evil

This pretty much, any server is better off just banning anyone that joins a Veeky Forums guild. It's not like anyone is going to miss them.

ill miss you

Did trux leave?? :'(( mfw saddest day of my life

Is there a better leveling spec than the suggested one? All others I've found say to go demonology after getting impproved drain soul.

>~~ so sorry ~~~~ i am so stupid person ~~~~
why do they do this
literally nothing happened for him to say this
and what is this ~~~~ shit
and why am ieven trying to socialize with a chinaman in the first place

He quit the guild apparently, surprised he stayed that long desu

i dont know shit bout locks, ask ingame people

>I don't actually play the game just shitpost lol

t. 99% of the people that post here

>tfw you thought things are about to get better

that's the final nail in the coffin for salty dogs I guess

read again

Go make a theoretical demonology spec and ask yourself if anything you'd be speccing into would significantly improve your leveling experience.

lvl 55 water quest starts at 60 or is it possible do to it earlier?

rolled an alliance warlock, am I gonna regret it vs all undeads?

when you level yes, once you got geared shouldnt matter that much anymore

Whats so broken about Fear ? The crazy Pathing that makes People run a Marathon or does it break to fast ?

I have no Idea about Warlocks either but im using this for leveling legacy-wow.com/warlock-leveling-guide-1-60/

Yes, if you can take getting cucked all the time throughout leveling you'll get your revenge at the end

What's that addon that shows the trinkets you have in 2 separate boxes? I've always seen it around when people post screenshots in the general