...thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

gm-volt.com/2015/02/20/gen-2-volt-transmission-operating-modes-explained/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gay

uglier than the last gen but technically better.

looks like a pair of sketchers

why would anyone be caught dead driving this

>caring about looks
Are you a woman?

Would buy this for my wife.

european volt best volt

Daaaaaaaaaamn

I had one as a loaner car while my CTS-V was getting some warranty work done. AMA, it was fully loaded too but the tldr is I didn't like it.

Damn. Whoever is on charge of restyling GM's cars for Europe needs a raise

I work at a chebby dealership in sales

I can't stand the assholes who buy these things. They arrive armed with spreadsheets and notepads, want you to stroke them while they tell you about their alternative lifestyles, and require so much prodding and comforting to sign the papers to their new eco-statement on wheels.

Like buddy you spent the last 3 months researching this car just buy it if you want it or don't.

Even if I sell one of these for FULL sticker price, I'm only looking at like $250 because GM prices these things so close to cost. They then call me afterwards to complain about every minor manufacturer flaw. Its a fucking chevy electric car dude
I'd rather spend 90 minutes selling billy bob his third silverado truck and make $800, and he'll leave all smiles.

Volts are for gays and liberal engineers

Fuck, I'd actually own that.
Maybe in 25 years I will because muh import laws.

First off. It's mostly just a Chevy Cruze. The interior was econobox tier in a $35k+ car. The steering wheel has fake leather, the "leather" seats are not very convincing. Everything for some reason has to be "Soft touch" but that means they put a coating on every plastic surface which I think feels like mildew.

Second, I was never able to get the heater to work. Set it on max and it just blew cold air. The heated steering wheel and seats were very weak as well. This is my greatest gripe with electric cars, comfort has to be sacrificed for efficiency of the battery.

Third was the performance. On a Positive note. The instant Torque is there, and you can turn off traction/stability control completely. So yes, you can do a burnout. But the torque drops off like past 30mph. Passing power on the highway was not very good. The total silence of driving in electric mode or the single gear operation did not blow me away as I anticipated. Any decent motor car is silent when cruising and a decent automatic is just as smooth. But yes, I did like driving around with the radio off to listen to the silence. The neat think about the new Volt is the ability to switch to gas when you want. So if you want more power on the highway, switching to gas is the better option. The relationship between battery and the gas motor is more hand in hand this generation and think it works well. For example, even when out of range, the battery still assists when driving from a stop.

>I don't mind driving cars that look like Krampus' foreskin!
>I suck dick!

It's a hybrid econoshitbox. Is it that much cheaper than the Prius? If it isn't, who cares, buy a Prius, I guarantee you'll have less trouble with it.

OMG. It's actually more expensive than the Prius. $33k vs $24k. Why? Why would you buy it?

Because it's legally an EV car. You get $7500 in tax credits and places like commifornia give you some benefits for having an EV

The ">" was unnecessary and rather misleading.

it's the future

Read the fine print on those "rebates". Even with them you're spending $35k on a electric econobox to save money on gas. Does that make sense? A Cruze + gas will still be less.

Just import the front clip and have a body shop put it on a US car. The battery will be shit in 25 years anyway

I've test driven a first and second gen Volt.

They they both have the same damn problem.
the interior space is just too small.

Adults can't sit in the back seat. If they can even fold them selves up enough to get in through the low rear doors.

trunk space is corvette tier.

Otherwise the car is excellent. it has a very usable EV only range. the power is not lacking. the Mmmmppeeeeegeeees are decent when the engine is running.

if it was a tallish hatchback. then it would be a great, if slightly expensive, car.

forgot pic
a lot of first gen prius battery packs are still going strong.

WTF this isnt an ACURA

The Chevy Volt is way way quicker than the Prius, mostly due to the tranny.

source on tranny: gm-volt.com/2015/02/20/gen-2-volt-transmission-operating-modes-explained/

The Prius also costs more to replace the batteries when they inevitably die in 5-6 years.

also

>not doing actual research

>being a brandcuck

Hahahaha the Holden Volt is the laziest rebadge I've ever seen. They didn't even bother changing the bumper cover to fit the round emblem instead of the Chevy bowtie, they just covered it with chrome and left the angles.

I have a first gen and have had no problems. It's a 2012 and I put about 30k miles on it. I love the car, but the only reason I got it was to use the HOV lane on my 35 mile commute in the worst traffic in America.

Unless you want it to save money on gas and use carpool lanes solo find something else.

>Liberals
>Common sense

Pick one

Sooooo...this?

Volt battery isn't big enough for the full 7500, i think.

fuel prices are artificially low at the moment.

yes, but with the Volt powertrain.

Bolt interior is huge. I am six two and I can move the front seats all the way back and not reach the front of the foot well. lots of head space, and the back seats can sit adults.

53 miles is what it advertises and that qualifies.

Bragging about a hybrid beating a hybrid in racing is like bragging about a tranny beating a tranny in a catfight.