Have to remove exhaust and drop subframe to change fuel pump

>Have to remove exhaust and drop subframe to change fuel pump

Fucking why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywlOIbxsMxU
youtube.com/watch?v=HPgGyAp5Q68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To make routine maintenance harder so you give up or never even attempt and just bring it into the dealer to pay their labor fees.

>have to remove exhaust, front subframe and rest of front suspension setup to change clutch

So they can charge you more to fix it for you. It literally takes like half an hour to pull the motor and trans on an american car from the 60s

>ac doesnt work
>little sensor in bumper for ambient temp is to blame
>oh ok thats ez
>wait
>have to pull fucking front bumper all the way off
> ok.avi

Engineer in charge doesn't give a shit about how repairable the car is. And his management doesn't give a shit either. They'd rather you buy a new car. Or at least provide the motivation to buy/lease a new one.

That's not bad

>need to remove entire front to change timing belt
T-thanks

This is why I love old Mercedes.

All you hear is muh high maintenance costs

Fuel pump is underneath under a weatherproofing cover. There's two of them and they're readily and easily accessible after lifting one corner of the car.

Welcome to VAG enjoy your stay

That's not so bad.
I have to drop the rear axle, take the suspension apart, drop the exhaust, and drop the tank to do mine.
Either that or cut a fucking hole in the body to access the pump from above.

I did a 2009 Corolla clutch, you have to drop the engine and tranny as an assembly and separate them out of the car. Pain in the ass

>mfw

>have to dislocate shoulders to change the spark plugs

youtube.com/watch?v=ywlOIbxsMxU

youtube.com/watch?v=HPgGyAp5Q68

>have to remove the rear seat to get to the gas pump

>Have to remove the entire intake system and plenum to get to your rear spark plugs

But that's e z

ur mom is ezpz faglord

That's how my camry is. Not bad at all, takes like half an hour

How many times do you need to change the gas pump though? I can see bitching about a oil filter above the exhaust manifold but c'mon.

ezpz lemn sqzy

Imost cars have it like dad. My honda civic was the same and so is my mercury capri

>when you only have to drop your tranny, which is easily accessible, to change out the clutch
cucks desu

No you don't lol

>Have to lift engine to change clutch

>Have to remove rear seats to change struts

>have to remove the upper intake manifold, unbolt the engine mounts and raise the engine, remove the exhaust, and unbolt the transmission crossmember to remove the oil pan

What car, that's what you have to do on an x type.