Is there a better used car value?

> 400+ hp LS3
> 4-doors
> 6-speed, mag-ride options

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/661930594/overview/
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=454860926
ebay.com/itm/2000-BMW-M5-Base-Sedan-4-Door-/162539283325?hash=item25d818a37d:g:HOYAAOSwCQZZMdY6&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>$10-15k
>400hp S62
>4000lbs
>4-doors
>6 speed only
>timeless design
>best sedan ever made
Yes, there is a better used car value.

But them you have to live with the shame of driving a Bimmer.

>300hp V8
>full-time Torsen AWD
>4 doors
>aluminum spaceframe
>comfy
>starts at 1k eurobucks
Maintenance costs will probably bankrupt you though.

You are a terribly insecure cuck if you care about what others think of your cars brand. Fuckin beta

an evo 8

Its a real fucking shame that the SS wasnt the new Impala. They could of have the usual turbo-4, 6cyl and the get hectik LS3 variants. They could have offered awd as well like ford does with the Taurus. This is why GM goes bankrupt.

maybe a second gen cts-v.

Bitter econobox driver detected

Then you have to live with it breaking all the damn time, expensive repair and maintenance costs, and vanos bullshit

Save a little longer and get a 16/17 VFII SS, they have Magneride standard, Brembos all around, better non chrome wheels, hood vents, active exhaust, and a sport/tour/performance mode selector.

Also 14 was auto only.

keep talking like the ignorant poorfag you are.
E39's are reliable cars.

>owns a $47000 car
>dislikes a $15k car
>poorfag
???

You think it's just coincidence that they loose 90% of their value after 10 years? Nothing looks worse than rolling around in a used luxury car.

$9000
700hp (easily)

>expensive to mod for more power
>expensive replacement parts
>wanting to look like a cock with a OLD M series

>50k on an aussie trailer

holy shit my sides

>Spend another 5-10k a year keeping it afloat
Don't get me wrong, I love the car

The E39 is a 18 year old car retard.
And it's already starting to appreciate in price
About muh maintenance costs - you buy a $10k E39, spend another $5-10k in repairs and it's STILL better value for money than a used $30k 4 door Holden.

You paid MSRP?

How do you like it?

How about you show the price of a 6 speed manual instead of an automatic base model?

No, I paid a little over $43k cash out the door, TT&L and everything. Got it in March when they had them 20% off MSRP.

I love it, it drives and handles amazing, sounds great, and has a very high quality interior for a GM. I wouldn't trade it for anything, I'm gonna drive it until the wheels fall off, fix it and keep going.
They're all "Base" models, there aren't any other trims. The only factory options were auto/manual, full size spare, sunroof, stripes, and Some Like It Hot (Orange) was an extra cost color. Mine is fully loaded minus the autotragic.

Nice malibu.
Nobody will know you have power and when they hear the V8 in traffic nobody will think it's you, kek. Whats the point?

Would rather drive a G8 GXP to be honest.

>implying
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/661930594/overview/

I'd rather have the FG Ford Falcon.

Har har, I only hear that one from everybody. I like the styling, and if anything it's better because it flies under the radar. It's a white Chevy sedan, there's a hundred billion of those. Almost nobody knows what they are, so it's not screaming "pull me the fuck over" like just about every other veeate does, especially if it's red and/or had stripes.

Can you name a better factory sleeper?

Yeah probably the best sleeper out there. Nobody knows except car enthusiasts.

Black out the chevy bowties.

I drive a 14 GT mustang and while I love the car, I'm getting a little tired of underpowered shitboxes trying to race me. Was heavily considering an SS for some time.

Even some car guys don't know what it is, I took it to a meet and it was 50/50 "nice Malibu" or "what the hell is that".

>They're all "Base" models, there aren't any other trims. The only factory options were auto/manual, full size spare, sunroof, stripes, and Some Like It Hot (Orange) was an extra cost color. Mine is fully loaded minus the autotragic.
I'm pretty sure the nag ride was an option on the first year right?

Also, a manual transmission is worth a lot more than an auto. You cant find a clean manual SS for less than 35k

I think so, yeah. It's standard on a 16/17 though, which mine is.

Yeah, even manual G8 GXPs sell for more than an automatic SS.

I see you like to blow trannies.

i honestly don't know what's more retarded

that people earnestly expect an object which sees daily use and exposure to perform this 'hold value' thing or that they think it is viable for basically any car at all to hold value over the course of ten years

all this while occupying the bracket of vehicles that depreciation hits first and hardest above all else

> ~$10k
> 400hp LS2
> 4-doors
> 6-speed
V A L U E
A
L
U
E

When did my car become a meme?

Did Veeky Forums realize that a 4K lb car is ok under certain circumstances?

That's my current daily, I paid about $15k two years ago for one with 40k miles.

>OP
How can you objectively look at that car and think it looks good?

>Random gill
>Corolla mouth
>Uninspired headlights

It's like 4 different teams designed different areas of the car.

Like, 400HP in a 4000lb car isn't fast at all.

Looks are a "subjective' thing.

For example, I can subjectively say that caymen looks like a poor mans 911.

yes, and costs when your vanos breaks into pieces, when one of your ECUs fries, when your battery dies and your ECUs will block themselves out... sadly it is one of those beamers that you really can't fix yourself nor the spares are cheapo...

But yes, great deal if you are lucky. If not...

It's a sleeper
Function>Form

And a 1:10 hp:weight ratio is not bad for a car that's gonna be a commuter.

e39 is one of the cars you can do DIY on.
And as said earier - you buy a $10k e39, spend another 10k in repairs and it's still a better and cheaper car than the SS

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=454860926

14K to get in the door
5-7k a year in repairs
no hope for sik mawds unlike the ls based commo

On what planet is a miled out m5 a good deal?

Nice. I got mine a couple months ago, 109k miles for $10k

>is there a better used car value
No. It's German premium car experience without the complexity nor problems. Expect weird little build quality issues but they're not going to shit the bed and cost you thousands like Euro performance will. I used to work on these, they're legit 10/10 vehicles. I'm infititley angry that these didn't sell well. V8 E39s, M56s and W204 C63s are the only things that come close to the bang for the buck and sheer fun factor. Jump on it if given the opprotunity OP.

OP that's a damn good deal, never seen one under 30k. If you can afford it definitely pick it up, don't listen to these cucks telling you to buy some shit tier German brand that will break before you can even drive it off the lot.

Any mods?
Major repairs?

All the ones around here are $40k-$50k The cheapest one on Ebay is $35k. The only one under $30k is going to be a salvage POS. These cars are over priced as fuck.

>autotragic

I'll give you 10k for it

You can get pic related for around $15k
Not to mention the GTO and the Caprice

Show me a $15k G8

Okay, I'll admit they're more like $18k to $20k. Still a good deal compared to getting an SS

Ausfag here u better buy them up while u can because they are future classics

It's almost surely an automatic OP

they literally make like 2 dozen six speeds per year in the Chevy SS

try to find one

>And as said earier - you buy a $10k e39, spend another 10k in repairs and it's still a better and cheaper car than the SS
that's just not true bro, you will have a lot more than that, the E39 cannot be honed or bored and BMW literally charges $20,000 for a bare block

calling bullshit on that price with those miles

I saw a Chevrolet SS swerving through traffic on my local route to Uni. Upon closer inspection, I heard the v8 coming from the car with the ss badge on the side. If it weren't for those badges and the exhaust note, I would have thought it was a Malibu.

>And it's already starting to appreciate in price

it's really not though, it's gone from an $80,000 car to an under 10k car and dropping

enjoy ur automatic

>I think so, yeah. It's standard on a 16/17 though, which mine is.

Of the 2,202 produced, just 711 of them are wandering about with the six-speed manual gearbox, a 32-percent rate.

in previous years it was even less

I literally don't think they made a 6speed chevy SS in 2014

>OP that's a damn good deal, never seen one under 30k. If you can afford it definitely pick it up,

It's probably been in a wreck and had the frame bent with a salvage title genius

fuck the SS, get a GTO

Two less doors, just as fat.

See All 2014s are autos.

>Two less doors, just as fat.

nope, the 6speed GTO weighed 50lbs less than the auto at 3675, the 2017 Chevy SS weighs 3997lbs

The GTO 6speed weighs over 300lbs less, and if you take out the stupid tow cross bars (in case you wanted to put a ball on it and tow shit) you can shave another 40lbs on it

340lbs less is a lot

>one of those beamers that you really can't fix yourself
Yeah sure

Let's see you swap the engine or pull the heads

not rotate the tires

are you trolling? it's simple for any 90's BMW.

OK, 2 less doors,

And makes 30hp less with the LS2 while the LS3 in the SS puts down better times stock.

The M5 engine was specific to that car, it was bored and honed so far into the water jacket that you can not hone it anymore, you have to get a new block when you start burning oil

and the parts are basically none existent, go look at the price what it costs to get a 2000 M5 engine rebuilt and get back to me

hell a used one with 100k miles on it is $7000 just for the pulled motor before you even do anything to it, that's how hard they are to find

you don't know what you are talking about

it makes 15 less horsepower if you are talking about the 05-06 GTOs

and they are traction limited, with slicks they are deep 12 second cars

>are you trolling? it's simple for any 90's BMW.
Price out M5 engine parts, then try to find some

It's a manual.

OP posted about a 2014 not a 2017

That car is just not worth 40k+

should have bought a nice used vette

I already have my not practical car, my other car needed to be at least somewhat practical. Wish they sold the wagon version here.

Yeah, but was talking about my car.

>posts the worst generation of camaros ever

ok

>buy $7k M5 with a blown engine
>buy an engine for $7-10k
>now you have a car that is better than a $40k Ausfag car for sub $20k

Completely subjective, I can't stand 1st, 5th, or 6th gens. Mine has factory 4 wheel discs, limited slip, no cat, a BW Super T10, and a gorgeous aftermarket paint job.

It's a great car for what it is (and how much you can get one for.) It still puts a smile on my face when I drive it and that's what matters.

>>buy an engine for $7-10k
That's how much a used engine with well over 100,000 miles costs, you would not pull your blown engine and swap one in with that many miles on it at a cost of $9000-10000 dollars, that would be insanity.

you will just be doing it again in a few thousand miles

now look at what it costs to referb or refresh the engine sensibly before putting it in your car

They only built this car to be the worlds best bank job getaway ride. Looks like an early 10's Impala, so nobody will give it a second look, but if the cops are on your ass you've got V8 power and some pretty decent handling to get the hell outta there.

305 TBI?

Same with my $5k LS1 F-body kek

>Not measuring the cylinder compression before buying the engine

>>Not measuring the cylinder compression before buying the engine
If you think it's smart to spend ten grand to put a used as fuck motor in your car without refurbishing it in any way you simply have never done engine swaps before and don't know what you are talking about

305 4 barrel carb. Misfire injection is garbage. There's an easy way to tell, one with crossfire injection says it under the z28 badge on the rocker panel, ones with a carb don't say anything or say 5.0 Liter HO if it's an 83-85 with an L69.

honestly how is that your "not responsible" car

it must have like 220hp, it would get smoked by a v6 accord

Easy, I'm not racing it. It's just fun to drive and sounds great.

>hates 1st gen camaros
>likes 2nd 3rd and 4th

hipsters gonna hip

1985 camaro: the 4-bbl High Output 305 L69 at 190 hp

>o lawd

Boomers gonna boom. 1st gens are so overplayed that they're just annoying, plus if you put an engine that isn't an emissions choked turd in third gen it will eat the first gen alive in every way, especially if the first gen is a 67 with mono leaf springs.

Why does nobody ever look at the torque? 240 lbs-ft at 3200 isn't bad at all.

A full S62 engine rebuild would cost roughly $5k depending on how expensive the replacement parts are.
No one makes you buy a beat to shit high mileage E39 M5 in the first place.
For roughly $20k you can find a well kept example with full service history
Or if you're anal about low mileage there are 40k mile E39's for sub $30k on sale too.
Honestly i'd spare the extra money and get a 100-120k mile M5 and leave about extra $5-10k for a worst case scenario

>Why does nobody ever look at the torque? 240 lbs-ft at 3200 isn't bad at all.

>A full S62 engine rebuild would cost roughly $5k depending on how expensive the replacement parts are.

They are fucking expensive, you could not get near one of those for $5000, much less take it apart and rebuild it. You are simply wrong, look it up.

Just replacing the timing chains, guides, and tensioners all at once can be a $5,000 job, as the whole front of the engine has to be taken apart.

>Or if you're anal about low mileage there are 40k mile E39's for sub $30k on sale too.

not really, people are willing to pay for them when they have low miles, they start getting very very risky at 18years old and 80,000ish miles. At this age they are basically good for like 60k miles before the price shits the bed.

Getting solidly below 40k means there is probably life left in it and people will pay for that

ebay.com/itm/2000-BMW-M5-Base-Sedan-4-Door-/162539283325?hash=item25d818a37d:g:HOYAAOSwCQZZMdY6&vxp=mtr

It's extremely bad. My 3800 makes 230. Even the fiercest GM fanboys know the 305 is a boat anchor

>$15k
>400hp LS2
> 4 doors
>6 speed

Stock 4cyl:

2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI, Torque- 258 lb-ft

did many of those come in manual?