Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/vote/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rick the dick

It's precisely the pose and the proportions granted ny the perspective that I dislike.
Legs and hips are the focus of those portraits but their posed in such a way that rather than strong they look fat, like they could do more damage by falling on you than by kicking you.
Continuing form there, the perspective warps the waist and diminishes the chest to the point that these portraits remind me of roly-poly toys. This is probably not a class that should be defined by round shapes.
The pose of the arms would be alright form other angles but from this one it pushes the fists to the edges of the composition, granting the cestus' weapon and main point the lowest importance, even if the forward fist is enlarged.

As for the design itself I don't really enjoy much EO5's obsession with cramming as many fetishes as possible, although this one doesn't have it as bad as tummy bunny. Moreover, the skimpiness of the top clashes horribly with her armored thighs (why are there armor plates there and only there in the first place?), with a different pose/perspective this problem might have been alleviated.
And finally there's the problem only purple has: her face looks stupid and her hair looks like a dyed mop, not even twintails can save it.

Overall I think monks are way more pleasant even if their base pose is quite boring.

Even before playing EO for the first time, I loved Teach's design with that full body armor and no boob plates, it's so rare to see.
Overall I was pleased to see how the battle bikini trope was avoided with most classes that would reasonably and thematically require some degree of protection.
Then last week they went and gave us a literal battle bikini.

Valid points. I accept this answer.
Also, why would they put battlebikinisamurai on a fucking EMD game of all places. Even if you like the design, you won't even get to properly enjoy it with 3d models that small

we need to start this thread right with best girl

this reply was meant for in the last thread.

Maybe it's just a love letter from Himukai after EO5. To tell us that he hasn't given up on flat chests. Otherwise she would have gotten a torso area more fitting with the rest of her clothes.

Same complaints more or less, but I've grown to like it.

how do i make FM music for battle but standard for the maze?

decrypt the game, change the files, recrypt game
also tell us how to recrypt after you're done

>Going to get a 2DS next week
>Finally will be able to play the games I've missed for the past 6 years
>Suddenly realized there's a bunch of Etrian Odyssey games for the console
>EOV doesn't even have an official english release
>mfw
Should I pirate them all or are there any that aren't worth playing? I'm talking about EOIV, EOU, EOIIU and EOV. How was EOMD by the way?

play all of them, user.
Untolds on classic, naturally.
EMD was alright, but it's more of a "mystery dungeon" series than an "Etrian Odyssey" series.

If you want to spent money on these games, you might want to play the demos first.

EMD is kind of shit, but you might enjoy it if you like MD kind of games.

All the 3ds EOs are great.

So guys I pirated EOU2 because I don't like dubs, but everytime I try to update the game crashes. Will I not be able to install the DLC?

just buy them all bro

buy PQ

>[Today's day! : "Etrian Odyssey" series music popular vote due this until the day 4/9 23:59! Top songs is "world tree and Mystery Dungeon 2' first bonus soundtrack CD will be included. The vote here → sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/vote/

bummer, it won't even be in the game

hahaha no

Demos. Caps at level 10 so it's good taste test. At least considering buying them for her.

Why is this pointless general still up?

Well, it's-
I-
I don't know

I mean it should be bannable to pointlessly bump a dead general with images alone. There's no real conversation or anything to discuss anymore. And the "discussion" we have are literal copy paste on every fucking general with the same autistic questions just to be answered again. This is pure limbo and should be moved to /v/ for rare discussions.

This doesnt belong in Veeky Forums anymore.

Torever.

Who died and made you king of Veeky Forums?
Plenty of pointless generals exist, and this one is still a lot better than the really dead ones. As long as there's interest in the series a thread's gonna be up. EOV news soon(tm) will make things lively again anyway, for a while I guess.

Since the reveal of EMD2, threads last around 2-4 days.
The activity around here is higher than the usual.

>with the same autistic questions just to be answered again.
That's the point of an anonymous imageboard.

Is it considered OP to even use Dark Ether in the first place, even if not used by a Ninja?

It eats up the turn of someone.
If you use a character to just spam Dark Ether you are essentially fighting with four people.
I wouldn't call it OP, there are way worse things in EOIII.

A general is made to stop a inflow of topics on /v/ or when things are too popular that demands its own place to expand and control the topic. Not to keep this thing around for 2 to 4 days of pointless bumps. You can hardly call this a general for that matter. Things these slow belong on /v/ and that should go the same for simlar threads on Veeky Forums.

But being able to spam Front Mortar, 5-ring-sword, Blade Rave, Pincushion every turn is too strong to compensate

>buy PQ
to put in the trash

Maybe it's time to fuck off from this board if you hate it that much.

>he thinks /v/ is for videogames and not for SJW drama

>kemono friends fag
go away

Setting up Berserker's Vow and Charge costs next to no TP and will end battles so fast you rarely run out anyways.
If you just spam Dark Ether without throwing math at the enemy fights will get longer compared to the cookie cutter strategy.

lets be honest here, the interest for this series is as high as someone watching paint dry. Veeky Forums was made for a reason and is not the stupid shit that Veeky Forums vs /v/ spews, is to control popular topics and not drown /v/ with 4 to 10 threads of the same topic. this hardly deserve a general at this point. also funny enough the random threads on /v/ for etrian are more lively (for what it counts) for some reason

>EOV/EOU3 never ever
>posting girls
>EO won't survive the transition to switch/dual screen shitposting
>rating games/music

/v/ threads are literally the same thing

>I don't have an argument so let me just be autistic and tell you to fuck off and nitpick something to backup my fuck off to you

Even this is repetitive and not new. Here, have some more Kemono since one of you gets triggered by it. Got to nitpick on something, amirite?

i said get out nerd.

What kind of argument to do need?
Your statement is just retarded.

If you dislike this board, why are even here in the first place?

EOU3 neverever is fact at this point. Hell, im surprised we are still getting a new mystery dungeon about Etrian. Like, that shit actually sold units?

>so fast
>3 turns just to set up berserker vow and charge, then attack
>need healer and bodyguard hoplite to keep the user from dying

not at all

Mystery Dungeon is old and also popular, for whatever reason. Probably because of Pokémon.

But didn't the first EO:MD sold like shit or something? Or it sold like summer buns in nippon land?

>EOU3 neverever is fact at this point.
Nice proof fag.

>tfw someone shits on a general because they think it shouldn't exist
>their opinions bump it to front page where all can see

the irony. the autistic irony.

Show me the otherwise, faggot.
For some cosmic levels of curiosity. Are you somehow new to this general and how it has always worked?

translate this pls
>inb4 the pleasure of being etcetc.

She says sorry for the 品薄

EO mobile game exclusive to iOS coming soon

Thank you for your inconvenience caused by shortage, we humbly thank you.

I did my best

Not like you have any arguments.

>Veeky Forums was made for a reason
Who the cares for what reason something was made? It has been used differently for forever.
The internet was made to streamline communications between universities and here you are, shitposting your bait all over the place.
And when was the last time you used your PC to actually compute something?

/eog/ is an always open thread for general EO discussion. If someone has a question they can come here and almost always get an answer.
That alone is worth keeping it open.
It's not like image bumps to survive the night have killed your parents so what is your problem with them?

EMD sold too much please stop buying it

Wildling as main class or Farmer/Wildling, which is better?

>the same anons pretend to know nothing just to ask question and keep the thread relevant to a degree
>cant be proved otherwise

Is the perfect crime

Hi I'm playing EO3 for the first time and my party is 5 farmers how fucked am I?

You should be fine.

Wildlings have Beast Soul so they're better by default. I don't think the Farmer's superior luck really makes them better Wildlings than actual Wildlings.

It's been done.

I have a question to this question. Are farmer like the one in Farmville? Do they have cows?

That party composition is incredibly broken. You can just safe stroll through the entire dungeon and nothing will stand in your way.

Beast Soul only increases the HP/ATK/DEF of the beast, idk how it matters that much

Just subclass Wildling and get the cow if you want one so bad.

Well if you want your beasts to actually do shit then you really should probably max out Beast Soul at some point. I GUESS if you're just relying on binds and ailments then you can go right ahead and use a Farmer/Wildling but at the same time I don't think that's a really viable strategy.

Why was Wisdom added as a stat again?

What does it affect, again? Healing and MDEF?

Sooner or later you want your Wildling to transition to Tiger or Lion to contribute at least something.
EOIII introduces accumulated resistances but they do not fall off naturally like in the Untolds and nothing like Releasal Spell from EOIV exists to reset them.
So as fights get longer bosses quickly become immune against every bind and ailment.

The exception is something like the Gatekeeper who resummons himself and his parts constantly.
They count as new entities and only keep their HP. Their accumulated resistances reset and since breaking apart and reassampling are hard scripted into certain turns you can keep the Gatekeeper panic locked the entire fight.

But that's sadly the last time Wildlings are really useful. Anything actually dangerous beyond the Gatekeeper takes too long to die and is too resistant to binds and ailments by default.

Teach needs to pee!

fucking oshikko fetishists

Wildling for boss fights isn't that useful anyway, only Cow has a significant chance of actually inflicting an ailment, you're better off using primal drums and roar

Because TEC is a pretty bloated stat.
Throughout the series it has effected:
magical damage
magical defence
healing
hit chance
evade chance
ailment chance (in EOU it's even more important that LUC for that)

In EO2U they took away ailment chance.
It's possible they took away the evasion chance in EOU and this is why they buffed its importantance for ailments and binds.
But since most formulas for the Untolds are still unknown that's just a guess.

They did their best to get rid of all that bloat and by splitting it they put INT in line with STR in that it just affects your outgoing damage.
Healing an magical defence is now handled by WIS.

If you decided to take a Wildling along and don't want to swap it out you can just throw a Lion when you are at it.
With Beast Soul it will likely not die anytime soon and your Wildling can contribute a bit damage and a meat shield.

>2DS
>pirate them all
>medico

Nothing wrong with a 2DS.
I got mine because it was cheaper than any 3DS - and used the money saved to get EOU.

>Buy a console
>pirate games nevertheless
wut

2DS is only good if you're a kid likely to break a 3DS or don't have the money for one.

It's not like EO needs 3d capabilities anyway.
I also have a 2ds, because I bought it just to play EO games

Cheap is nice. And with my eyes I don't see 3D anyway.

No game strictly needs 3D capabilities, but it makes things better.
2DS is also a cumbersome piece of shit, although we ocasionally had it worse in the 90's.

Honestly, with how low it goes, it's pretty cost-efficient, especially if you just want a handful of games and don't care about the premium that comes with an N3DS.

Do you have the Ricky's version?

I made this ages ago, haven't seen it pop up since.
I'm glad someone remembered ;_;

I prefer the button layout on the 2DS.
Even though it was intended for children it's easier to use for big hands since the buttons are not cramped next to the lower screen.
You also have overall more area to actually hold it.

A bit offtopic, but how to fix a scratch on a 2/3ds screen?

I don't think there is any way to fix it.

Now TEC will rather be pointless aside from the generic alchemist-esque class

Just like STR is completely useless
for everyone that isn't a physical damage dealer, the difference is that it's more useful than just for one class

What's the point of Farmer again? I thought they'd have the best ailment rate in the game, but Wildlings only have a bit less LUK and WAY more TEC making their ailment rate much better.

They are cute

Also I was planning on doing a Strange Seeds build with Sharpshooter from an Arbalist, but the bind effect only comes AFTER Sharpshooter goes in effect, making it rather pointless

>What's the point of Farmer again?
Literally Gathering parties, safe exploring, decent ailments.

That's why in EOV there are a lot more INT based damage dealers.
Warlock, Necromancer, Shaman and Herbalist - not surprising the classes of the races that have better INT than STR.

Compare that to EOU where only Alchemist could really use TEC for damage (Hexer and Medic also a tiny bit, I guess) but it got slapped on everything because it was so bloated.

ultimate whip - TEC
ultimate staff - TEC (not surprisingly)
ultimate bow - TEC
second strongest gun - TEC
ultimate Dark Hunter armor - TEC
ultimate Highlander armor - TEC
ultimate Hexer armor - TEC
ultimate Alchemist armor - TEC (again not surprisingly)
ultimate Ronin gloves - TEC
ultimate Archemist gloves - TEC
ultimate Gunner gloves - TEC
ultimate Hexer accessoire - TEC

There are several other skills outside the warlock class that require INT. Not like it would matter much otherwise anyway.
At any rate, being confined to one class would be a failure on Atlus' class design side rather than on the stat itself. They can create many different physical attackers per game, why the hell can't they create several magic users that aren't the same lazy rehash over and over?

I wanna lick that thigh.

Cows with mad cow disease.

Cute lucifer.

Pleasure of being sold so much there's an actual shortage. Only unimportant westfags hated emd.