/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 9th:
190 – Dong Zhuo has his troops evacuate the capital Luoyang and burn it to the ground.
537 – Siege of Rome: The Byzantine general Belisarius receives his promised reinforcements, 1,600 cavalry, mostly of Hunnic or Slavic origin and expert bowmen. He starts, despite shortages, raids against the Gothic camps and Vitiges is forced into a stalemate.
1241 – Battle of Liegnitz: Mongol forces defeat the Polish and German armies.
1288 – Mongol invasions of Vietnam: Yuan forces are defeated by Trần forces in the Battle of Bach Dang in present-day northern Vietnam.
1388 – Despite being outnumbered 16 to 1, forces of the Old Swiss Confederacy are victorious over the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Näfels.
>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Albania
strawpoll.me/12701051/
youtube.com/watch?v=5cCB7nrhaKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

white men

When should I know to abandon an Asutria game in eu4

5th for please respond

1 day after you turn into your final form and you look at your next monthly income.

The English

Best Daiymo in eu4 with all DLC?
how major is it if I revoke a recent reform for a quick peace, and what are the percantage chaces of the Hapsburg heir to Hungary not giving an heir

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Albania

haha if you look at it in a certain way it looks like he's choking down a big black dick

kinda funny haha

Lads, it's time for a /gsg/-poll.

strawpoll.me/12701051/
strawpoll.me/12701051/
strawpoll.me/12701051/

So, Talex abandoned us in favour of r*ddit?

Consensus on Mandate?

White.

>eu4
the only mandate you should listen to is the one to kill yourself.

Fucking ebin

Honestly pretty good if you're playing in East Asia, otherwise not really worth it

La Plata

Nice QoL improvements, ages seem ridiculously good, haven't played in asia yet so can't say anything about the tribute system.

I like it.I haven't played in asia though. I hear that Ming empire needs more work to make sense.

When will you guys admit that HOI3 Blackice is the superior game.

White Men

[Vomits Internally]

my friend gifted me stellaris

as someone who frequents /xivg/, I finally get it /gsg/

I love this shit now, or at least I think I do

Any tips for playing as Ueseguii in Japan

Shimazu, purple guys on bottom left of Japan. They're an OPM, but good ideas and have weak neighbors. I kind of regret switching to Jap ideas when unifying Japan

uninstall.exe

stellaris is NOT a gsg

You can talk about Stellaris here if you like but you'll get a better conversation about it on /4xg/

Is there a mod that makes Fallen Empires look like Vorlons instead of space gerbils yet?

It is. The only reason it's not allowed here is because we would be going through 3 threads a day instead of the .75 we currently manage.

So you're saying I should play as them instead?

alright then. I guess

most people here don't like stellaris because its a lot simpler than the actual gsg games paradox shits out

that said i think stellaris will be really good once it gets a retarded amount of dlc like the other games

>green in TW
>purple in EU4
What did Johann mean by this

No goddamn it look you can see its not the same thing at all these are just the heads of two different birds and they're facing the same direction

I've seen this or something that looks like it on a german regional or city flag or something from one of these games but I can't find anything on the internet

Remember and say thank you. I hope you get good use out of that gift user.

no, it is not
the only reason people think it's a gsg is because it's made by paradox, if it was made by some other shitty 4x company like civ meyer or whatever there wouldn't be any confusion

Now I see why no one responds to you. Go on google nigger.

How should I start the game off, who to rival

If Stellaris isn't gs then EU4 isn't either.

>Stellaris is a sci-fi grand strategy game set 200 years into the future. It is developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive.

top wew kys my best friend

No but meiou and taxes 2 is

I've been doing a lot of googling please tell me

Ally the green Hoko guys, rival your immediate neighbors. Develop your province until you can field enough troops to actually siege a capital, then wait for them to get in a war and pounce.

>wikipedia
not an argument

>Wikipedia
>Steam
>Paradox Website
>Stellaris Wiki

or

>some autist sperging out on /gsg/

Try to be objective, who would you believe?

maybe this will stop them from taking defender of faith all the time

>SJW and bloat and lag mod
That isn't a GSG

No proofs

>>Wikipedia
>>Steam
>>Paradox Website
>>Stellaris Wiki
>literally all of those were written by johan or whoever literally-who made stellaris

is this europe redpilled

Yes. The one state that will lead to the Europe we have now is Brandenburg. The weaker Brandeburg is in your game, the greater the present day of that alternate universe will be for all Europeans. This also applies to France.

In your map Brandenburg is small and ineffectual and fuck knows what is going on with France. They will never weaken the power of the Empire or indirectly or directly aid the Ottomans or whatever other treacherous shenanigans they might dream up.

Your Europe will have a glorious future.

No based Ottomans
Not redpilled

>Creator of the game

or

>some autist sperging out on /gsg/

try to be objective who ould you believe?

It's actually 4x

Correct.
Incorrect.

Not an argument.

>some jew who is lying just to make money
or
>the will of an entire general
try to be objective who ould you believe?

What graphical mods do you use for EU4? I want better looking maps, but I don't want it to fuck up performance

Your face isn't an argument

>some jew who is lying to make money

or

>the worst place to talk about grand strategy games on the entire internet (including /mlp/ and various other hobby and origami boards) A place of pure cancer where 75% of every thread is just memeing

I'm with the jews on this one

>10 favours meme
Boy I sure do like not being able to declare war for 10 years whilst everyone around me fucks shit up and becomes more powerful than me, especially as i can't join my allies war if theyre the offender

>ad-hominem

>>the worst place to talk about grand strategy games on the entire internet (including /mlp/ and various other hobby and origami boards) A place of pure cancer where 75% of every thread is just memeing
if you don't like it, leave
your friends in reddit must be worried by now

Would a catholic Brandenburg change anything?

>No France

But France was the most redpilled country in the worldz, until they got cucked by the Germans in the 19th cenetury

W&B

What should I do? I just won against the Sultan of Ifriqiya in a Holy War for Alger (He was the agressor)
Tanger is my tributary.
I'm west african pagan, not muslim.

based fucking colonial AI improvements

I can finally just declare on anything in the americucks and watch my colonies swarm them. Also instant tag switch to colonial nation when taking provinces in their region.

How different is eu3 compared to 4?
Does it have more fun

Is mandate stable enough?

muscovy stretching from russia to india is a bit worrisome but yeah i guess you're right

I haven't had it crash, if that's what you mean. Not even a hotfix yet.

Why is Haiti more civilized than China or Japan in 1836?

Because of European influence.

Does anyone here do conversions? I'm thinking of doing an EU4 game into Victoria II, but I'm a pretty garbage modder.

And thus the inbred forces of absolutism triumph over the wogs of nationalism in the aftermath of the colour revolutions.

white and based

>Conquering 2 civilized states
>

come home roman man

No I mean if there are any glaring bugs that will get hotfixed right away

How big should I get my army before I start declaring wars as Shimazu, currently just been dumping all mana into development

You caught me matey, had to cheat to get that glorious haiti because a french nigger picked on me in school

IOs this because I'm not warring and he wants his vassals to be weak?

It feels more sandboxy than eu4, isn't very railroaded outside of some occasional missions and you actually can roleplay country based on your sliders. There is also tech spending instead of mana and more dynamic trade thanks to ability to create your own trade centers
But it has retarded ai, common bordergore, less complex diplomacy, less historical flavour and terrible alliance system which can lead to frustrating/hilarious situations where you have to fight half of europe over declaration of war on some OPM
I think eu 4 is overall better game despite its own flaws but i like to play eu 3 occasionally.

Good job conquering shitholes.
Have fun with Hungary/Ottomans analy raping you.

>serbia is now albania

top fucking lel

I'm buddies with the hungaroos though
And I'm moving west, so granted I survive the first few decades, I won't have to deal with them

Oh, and it has a lot better/more fun government system and most importantly my favourite soundtrack from paracuck games
youtube.com/watch?v=5cCB7nrhaKE

To be fair infamy is literally the only cheat i use in V2 as well. I cannot stand waiting for it to drop especially since the games timeline is insanely short. I only use it to get below 20 so if its 19, whatever.

I also use provid to get nice borders since you can only take states and give ugly border provinces back to the enemy.

how is the current opinion about Hearts of Iron 4? is it worth to get now? last time i asked i was told that if you own Hearts of Iron 3 there is no reason to get 4

Ottoman guarantee my ass lmao

I've asked this many times and i've heard its absolute dogshit, even more casual than EU4.

>literally doesn't even have oil as a resource
>apparently theres no real airforce units either
>you basically just point arrows in a direction to attack, apparently theres not much micromanaging
>ai is godawful

Why are vassals/PUs so fucking dumb?

I got a PU over France, got their liberty desire low, set them to siege focus, and they sit a 70k stack in Laungedoc with their thumb up their ass while I'm fighting the Ottomans. The same shit happened in another game.

If I improve relations with overlord does this stop?

Use your merchants and your missionaries!
At least you are using your magistrates though.

Anyway to make my allies hate my enemies so they join wars?