Previously on deebeetee

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1497129713025.webm
amazon.com/dp/B01HFI6EGS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UjopzbMKPZX7S
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck, I wasn't fast enough.

Next time, OP. Next time.

i did give you ages the old thread is at like 350 replies

what are the best sport touring bikes to look for on craigslist? i saw somebody talking about them a couple days ago; saying they didnt know why more younger people werent buying them.

i might be looking into them for my next bike.

Pretty much any, sport touring bikes are very reliable, usually owned by responsible owners, and hold their value like a pile of shit. So for $3k you can get a concours, FJ, or VFR with 30k+ miles that's in great shape.

Depends, do you want a heavy bike or a light bike. I love my fz6

For 3k I got my fz with 6k miles in great shape.

Assume for a second that you as a /dbt/fag don't hate cruisers

What cruiser would you recommend? Being a tallfag most small sportbikes are leg cramp city.

thats a sport touring? im obviously wrong, but i thought they were all above 1000cc. like just big comfortable sport bikes

thanks. i will check those out

you should build a shovel head!!

dont even plan, just go buy a motor and frame right now

Road King or wide glide

It's the comfy version of an R6. You could also do an Fz1. Vfr800 is now traditional

cruisers are the comfiest rides though, right after mopeds

I went to Honda Demo Day today...

Rode an Africa Twin...

Liked mostly everything about it except the power... they fucking map it so damn lean it backfires sometimes when you blip the throttle and nearly died on me.

The poor thing is starving for fuel... it was breaking up under WOT a bit... definitely could gain a few HP easily with a re-map.

VMAX, diavel, rocket III, I guess scout if you're one of those fags who needs it to be American. Also if you're tall and looking for a sport bike try the Daytona, it's pretty tall.

There are different kinds of sport touring bikes, you're thinking if the big fully faired ones, but stuff like the FZ-6, FJ-09, or DL650 are still sport tourers, just a bit more sport than tourer.

>tfw upgraded 30 year old Magna for a 5 year old KLR650
I didn't realize how comfy it was until I had sold it

I am not interested in building in any way

Dad has a Harley and I live in Harleyville, USA but I really don't want a Harley

Indian Scout...I've never really given any thought to Indian. How are they?

get a better seat on it, seat concepts or corbin is good

My dad's Harley sucks to ride but god damn is it comfy.

Meh. I had a shadow, it was nice and has great features but if I'm getting a cruiser I might as well get a Harley.

Power's nice lots of torque, I don't like the seating position but I like sport bikes so that's a personal thing, handling is fine for what it is. The only real problem is the brakes, it's a 600 lb bike with over 100 HP and one fucking front disc, also the tach is digital so you can never really tell what RPM you're at.

Just get a motard. It's like a grom, but less meme and more function. They are neat, but other than that, I just don't get the appeal.

How can I reduce the throttle throw on my GSXR? It's so fucking log. My wrist was cranked all the way back and I still wasn't wide open throttle

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1497129713025.webm

Because they were - 40 years ago.

>lolmarquezwins
who's ready?

Some old bikes handle well. The difference is most Cafe racers are based on a chassis that was just a regular everyday motorcycle, not something with an emphasis on handling

>the tach is digital so you can never really tell what RPM you're at
>yfw

That's wrong.
The CB750 is /the/ quintessential cafe base, and that's because it was the first inline four that handled worth a shit, that's why it's famous.

is it spec? There should be a vid on the tubes on how to adjust it.

unrelated, has anyone ridden a 1250 bandit? Is it as heavy as it appears on paper?

Is that really the way it is? Harleys are expensive as fuck man, even living in Harley's home turf they're expensive.

Hmm. I'll add it to to my list. I just want a decently constructed bike for comfy riding. I wouldn't be going too far with it either, an hour ride away would likely be the max.

A period Norton handled better and was lighter. The Honda just had some power and reliable

Meh, you can get an Evo road King or wide glide for 5k in good condition. Not all Harleys are created equallt, the softail chassis doesn't have enough ground clearance in my opinion.

I mean a shadow 1100 or vtx is a great bike, but if im getting another cruiser I'll get the real thing

Just started riding with my girlfriend on the back. Its a good feel. I mean riding is one of the highlights of every week in the summer but having a girl squeeze you around a bend is close to heaven.

>Every week
>In the summer
What the fuck dude

It may have been the first i4 to handle better than a semi truck, but it still couldn't hold a candle to a Norton or Guzzi of the time period.

CB750s don't handle as well as their contemporaries. Their fame and dominance as a superbike of the period came from the excellent engine which didn't leak oil and could be ridden as a daily driver. The handling was always adequate, not superior.

>every week
Why not ride more often then? The only reason i have not been on my bike during any day this summer has been because of rain
Also post gf

I think I see what you mean. I wouldn't mind a Harley, but if at all possible I'd get something else. A Harley is an older man's bike. Even Dad thinks so. He used to ride Hondas and Kawasakis when he was younger.

I get that. That's why I bought the Yamaha. How tall are you? Sportsters are pretty fun and their Evo motor is the best engine Harleys made in the last few decades.

Its a generalization. I work a lot and out of town so it doesnt always happen through the week. Plus a one hour one way commute on straight roads just isnt fun after 10 hours of construction.

Ahh yeah i can understand that then, you get a pass

>Harley
>Ground clearance

Thanks for the laugh kid

I literally do that every day on a shitty bike and it is very enjoyable every day of the year

R6 throttle mod. Google it

This thing has Haram ground clearance. A dyna will be better

This isn't daily tractor thread

I miss working with a tractor. Farming was a fun job.

I'm 6'2". That's good to know, thanks.

To be frank I'm just getting into bikes. I take my MSF classes this next week.

If that's the case, consider a shadow 700-750 or Sportster 883 or any metric 700cc cruiser.

That being said I'm 5'10 and I was a little cramped on my Shadow

Imagine being the fat guy in a Grom meet-up

Thanks for the advice, but I'm on a fairly low budget and this is more for enjoyment than transportation as I have a car. I'm looking at about 1,500 dollars or around that much.

>6'2"
Nigga you'll be fine, I'm 6'3" and I can fit on sport bikes.

Yeah then you're pretty much stuck with metric cruisers. I'm a Honda guy, you literally can't go wrong with a shadow 750

Really? Most riders I talk to that are tall says something like "dude sportbikes are gonna cramp your legs up get a long legged bike like a cruiser"

Not a bad looking bike. I'll check it out and see if there are any in my area. Thanks man.

Np famalam

I couldn't imagine going to an unironic grom meet

whats the appeal of these things

It's an outward expression of the inward manifestation of numale

They're either pussies or 6'4"+ I've done 4-500 mile days on my Daytona plenty of times, would I say it's comfortable or a perfect touring bike? No, but it's more than doable especially considering you only get about 120-150 miles out of a tank so you can stretch your legs every two hours. And that's for a fully hunched over supersport, something like a naked or standard would fit fine.

It is

Nice ferd

POS 97 zx6
finally got my fuel pump in
going to install the fucker tomorrow
if it doesnt make the bike run, I'm gonna fucking scream.

Never really got a 100% for sure answer last time I posted this: but whats the worst that could happen is I hot wire the pump?

BMW K75's and K100's are stupid reliable and can be had for cheap

They're also hunks of Bavarian shit.

It'll run at whatever% load you've wired for it at all times.

It should prime when you turn the key to on before starting the engine, but if you want to hotwire it make sure there's a fuse in the line.

id wire it to the battery, wire in a fuse, then put in a toggle switch to be able to turn on/off the pump.
the pump im putting on does about 2.5psi max and my bike wants about 2.3psi

that should cause a problem should it?

The old pump doesnt turn on or prime when I turn the key. Ive got a new fuel pump relay, chased all my wires and have continuity. The bike will run off starter fluid.

Everything SEEMS like it should work but for some reason im getting no power to the fuel pump/the fuel pump isnt doing anything with the power.

Ive done a bunch of testing, and I've posted here a million times because I'm a cuck and too broke for a shop, and if the pump doesnt fix it tomorrow, idk what im gonna do

that shouldn't* cause a problem should it?
by bad, apparently im shit at typing.

Mate I'm 6'2 and I've owned cruisers, trail, and sports bikes. The comfiest thing I've owned and still do, is a gsxr750. I ride it 5+ hours non stop in the weekends and the only discomfort is the seat after 4 hours. I originally rode cruisers thinking I had to due to my height. Even had one with highway pegs and raised t bars, still prefer sports bikes over them. Don't get cucked into buying a heavy, underpowered, bad ergo, terrible leaning POS because of your height.

Ford a gud, but bald tires are not

we posting tractors now?

How much do you earn doing this? I'd love a country lifestyle, don't think the wife would though.

this is what I fucked around with. bossman had a 90s JD. was a fun job.

Last day of MSF tomorrow. Any tips for the riding test?

keep an eye on the speedo, there's a minimum speed required for some sections and you get docked points if you go too slow (they just measure the time you take to complete the exercise). You might need to be quicker than you think.
>tfw would have had a perfect score if i hadn't lost a couple of points for speed on a single section
>i was concentrating on executing the movements perfectly and totally forgot speed

>Tfw had perfect score
Ha fuck u

I rode my bike today guys
AMA

nigger

ATGATT?

No u
The whole class and test is easy
I thought it was very fun though, they teachers are almost always great people

Im only 18 and basically just a farm hand, i have no idea what they profit but its a pretty decent sized operation. You pretty much have to be big to make it worthwhile
Ya, daily tractor thead when
Weve got a really old deere that they bring to fairs and stuff, then the 4 fords and 1 new holland. Plus the combine

Just practice using clutch instead of throttle. Give it plenty of revs, lean in, and use clutch to pull out. Shouldn't have to roll on any more, that's where you lose balance

Yo Keeno where can I get those anal beads?
Need it for my memebike also, rode 4 hours up pacific coast highway and my ass still hurts.

how do i have convince my dad to buy this 70 triumph daytona he has been looking at for him and me

Get a job.

Hola, haven't seen u post in a few weeks.

amazon.com/dp/B01HFI6EGS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UjopzbMKPZX7S

Speaking of msf test, i had a pretty bad spaghetti moment doing mine a few months ago.
Doing the emergency swerve and stop testing, i was near the end of the line and once you do your emergency brake you loop around to the back of the line for the emergency turn. For the stop the chick just blew a whistle once you entered a box and you had to stop before the line of cones, for the turn a guy would stand at that line and point right or left once you got close to him. When i was up the guy walked to the line but i figured he was just getting ready for the people behind me, but when i was riding through listening for whistle he pointed to the side so i went o fuck and did thenswerve anyways. Then they got me to do it again and do the stop this time cause they messed up, but as i was going through the box i never head the whistle and had to do the swerve again because i ended up being like feet from the cone line still cruising. Turn out the instructor chick forgot to blow the whistle. I thought that i was autistic and misheard what they told me to do though so i was shitting myself. They got it right the next time and i scored perfect but i felt absolutly retarded having to redo it 3 times

Thanks, I've been doing crazy overtime at work
>boss wants to promote me to a manager
>currently too comfy and I don't want to become a manager

A MAGICAL BUT ALSO HARDCORE GENIE APPEARS BEFORE YOU AND OFFERS YOU A MOTORCYCLE

IT CAN BE ANY MOTORCYCLE AND IT WILL ARRIVE IN MINT CONDITION BUT IT COMES AT A TERRIBLE PRICE

YOU MUST ONLY RIDE THAT BIKE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND IT SHALL BE YOUR ONLY MODE OF TRANSPORTATION

MAKE YOUR CHOICE

Drz with a few simple mods

Ehhh right now I really want an xsr900 so maybe that or like a gl1800 for luggage and whatnot

Tell him you'll take it if you can get paid vacation time for a week or two, and just ride across the country and back
Also you should take the role for the money, save save save for an early retirement

YOU ANGER THE GREAT AND HARDCORE GENIE

YOU GET NAUGHT BUT A BUS PASS

i have one , should i sell my car so i can free up some motorcycle money?

I kinda don't give a shit about the money as it's only a bit more than what I'm currently making.
It's more like I'm not a good person for that position as I have a very short temper when I get asked stupid questions.
A bunch of pajeets and beaners are going to be working under me so I already see where this is headed.

>Ran out of gas on the highway,
>try to turn petcock to res
>its already there
>walk half a mile down highway to gas station
>on the way back, had a 1L bottle of gas
>cop sees me walking on the shoulder
>he pulls over, cherries on
>im thinking hes just going to ask if i need help
>he threatens to give me a ticket for walking on the highway.
>drives off after arguing
Land of the free..

Why are police in America such arse holes?
makes me never want to visit your country.
where i live you can walk up to police for greeting with a hand shake when they pull you over and stops are generally pleasant unless you were breaking the law.

>makes me never want to visit your country.
Mate, if their cops are the only reason...

if you had to deal with niggers all day i'd image you'd be much the same.

I can't stand other bikers, I avoid them at all costs. I don't mind waving to people or the odd individual but as soon as you get an even modest group, organised or not., it turns into a massive dick waving contest I have no interest in winning. Just leave me alone and let me eat my ice-cream.

I already have the bike I would pick, so maybe an FS570.

It's an institution derived from slave patrols, in the US. (As opposed to constables of the court, like civilized countries had)
Actual law enforcement arrests were done by mob until after the civil war. Because they're human hunters, not investigators, the police culture is hostile about everything.
You can still find the influence most clearly in America's handling of the homeless and riots. The pervasive racism is 20% history, 10% society, 70% recruitment demographics. (Before someone bitches about "baiting")

e.g. The Seattle PD had a DOJ review last year. The study found they had fixed the "race problem" by beating the dog-shit out of EVERYONE instead.
Also, they don't teach de-escalation.