Attainable dream cars thread

2007 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG. I love this car. I want to buy one and love it, wax it every week with the finest waxes, change its fluids, rub its interior and exterior with the softest cloths, and drive it every weekend with an ear-to-ear grin.

I want it so bad. I can afford to buy one cash pretty soon as long as things go right.

Other urls found in this thread:

hickory.craigslist.org/cto/6162861261.html
youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus?t=39s
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6148900179.html
ebay.com/itm/2004-Lamborghini-Gallardo-Base-Coupe-2-Door-/252972432973?hash=item3ae654fe4d:g:-9YAAOSw3utY7plV&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any of the AMG cars used could be attainable dream cars. Damn are they fast but damn I wouldn't want one out of a warranty.

Nobody wants to discuss the cars they want but are just out of reach?

I know maintenance can be scary but I'm willing to do the work and pay for what I can't do.

Me too but I'd rather spend my time driving the car instead of working on it.

Working on cars is my fetish.

btfo

A Cayman GT4, I suppose.

Go for it OP, that's my dream too.

Just be careful, AMG parts are very expensive.

And many are unobtainable.

This isn't shit you get from going into Napa or vatozone.

Wew lad.

That's about 2.5x what I can afford lol

EBay is a wonderful thing.

Ok, but do you want to change the spark plugs on a twin spark V12?

Say it with me now

WHAT IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER

fag

But I dont cut and style ladies' hair, friend.

Why would I mind? Besides, it's a once every, what, 100k miles job?

It's a nice car, but who would have it as a dream car?

>waxing every week

what a pointless endeavour

Enjoy your Honda Civic

Right? A Miata is like a cheap whore that you slap around and do kinky shit with once in a while for fun. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but who dreams of being with a cheap whore?

I want a spaceship

easily attainable actually

>WHAT IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER

Volvo 240

Is summer of 2010 over yet?

>who dreams of being with a cheap whore?
Speak for yourself

BMW E30 325i 5spd hardtop

It's the only BMW that looks good. It has the least retarded mustache-grill. I want to keep this thing stock for at least 4 years then do a discrete turbo.

I've got a 323i that was a 1 owner car.

Sucks it isn't a 325i but eh.

Those are pretty sexy, 80's BMW's a best. You want the 4 door? Did they come in 2 doors?

Looks fucking beautiful, also, holy shit you can't be more than 5 feet tall

In this specific paint/interior combo

I want this, and it is not a completely unrealistic purchase, however these things are overpriced and the rising prices don't seem to be slowing down
I just hope when I do save enough, they wont go to the 30k territory

the last great ferrari before they got fat and over engineered.

Had an 87 325i 4dr. Sold it to get a newer car... Regret it everyday. I will buy myself another someday.

Going to the R&E for a bit of stuff, are ya?

I don't see how they can keep going up, it isn't like there's a supply issue anymore.

Used Lexus cars seem like the best way for someone (at least in Australia) on an average income to experience a luxury car. I've owned a couple of Lexus cars and having Toyota reliability with Euro luxury is nice

Sigh...if they only weren't so fragile.

That was the original owner, little old lady in her 80s.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You're parked in front of the R&E store.

Or Pontings, Idk.

911 GT3. I can afford it today but I'm focusing on early retirement. The fact that they brought back manual for the 2018 model is tempting though.

Can you see that in the picture or do you know what town I bought it in?

I don't live in Victoria so meh.

I used to work at Pontings, instantly recognized the intersection.

This seems like the place to put this

hickory.craigslist.org/cto/6162861261.html
Should I? Owning a rotary is on my bucket list, but at this price I'm scared.

You can get an SL55 for a third of the price and change out the pulley to make over 600bhp easily

$900 for an oil change. No thanks

Only if you're a retard

Does it even run?

Sure
youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus?t=39s

If the poster is to be believed, it "runs and drives." For some reason, most RX-7s I've seen seem to be really cheap unless they're in super-pristine condition.

Rotary is not different in anything but the powerplant as a car. So go for it. Be prepared to have to sift through manuals, because its mostly you who will be working on a rotary.
It is fairly simple, dare I say even more so than piston engines, since fewer parts in the engine itself. Only thing is well...it isn't as well documented as piston engines. Which makes it scarier.
If you had worked on a regular piston car beforehand, you should be able to work on this one too.

Bring the fucker down to 1800$ and use the remaining 1k for parts and repairs. Just the most crucial ones.

Why yes, Scotty, I would like to have a car that can diagnose everything.

For me, it'd be an RX-7 Spirit-R.

Check this one out.
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6148900179.html
I guarantee it needs less work.

>wax every week
doesnt that damage the paint tho

The moment you have to get new brakes and rotors and it costs you $2000 just for parts you'll stop smiling.

I don't mean to be ignorant, but what's so great about RX-7's?

Lol oh noes, 2000 every 3 years or more, whatever shall I do?

This.all you need is like 9 quarts of Rotella or mobile 1. plus it should just be a canister oil filter uptop along the valve cover.

Pic related, preferably with a 12a and turbo blow thru carb.
They're getting really hard to find though.

Easy. Late NSX-T before the fixed headlights. 6 speed manual of course. I could buy one now, but it would be a stupid move, but I'm working on a big income boost, so who knows what is possible.

I should had bought one in my late 20's when these were $30k and I didn't have kids and mortgage, now rhey are like $50k+ and have adult shit taking muh shekels.

Yeah, those are sweet. Shame I didn't buy one when they were affordable.

Welp now is a good time to buy it kid. Entry level Ferraris always depreciate to a certain point and then start hiking back up again. 355s are almost at the bottom I think, and the 348 is enjoying a nice well deserved upswing now. Their values are like clockwork

I feel the same exact way only I'd have the SL55... slightly cheaper to maintain, cheaper to buy, more prevalent and the engine is a masterpiece

Befriend a MB or euro mechanic and see if they'll teach you basic AMG maintenance

An electric car with 500 km of range

>bitches about car telling him that a light bulb is out
>my '98 Camry does the same thing
>yet he still shills for Toyota shitboxes instead

weebs and F&F kiddies

This is kinda silly, but an old (80s-ish) Mercedes 300TD wagon is my dream project car. I want to buy a super cheap used one that still drives, fix it up and make it comfy as fuck for my daily car.

I can dig it. Those 300 td's are appealing

A Hawkeye STI. I know it has the boyracer and rally wannabe with the weird wing on it, but I wouldn't car. I would keep it completely stock and wash that baby daily.

A neo classic car of some kind like a Zimmer. Or a late 60s muscle car, like a Charger or a Roadrunner.

I mean I've found some relatively cheap ones online but then there's the matter of importing them from the states...so maybe in a few years I could have one.

or you could get an e55 which is quicker than the sl55 stock and do the same thing

FIIIIIVE GRAAAAAND

No seriously, that's what they cost over here. Fucking do it.

Just obtained mine, it's been my attainable dream car for the past 8 years or so.

>84k, no end to the depreciation in sight

ebay.com/itm/2004-Lamborghini-Gallardo-Base-Coupe-2-Door-/252972432973?hash=item3ae654fe4d:g:-9YAAOSw3utY7plV&vxp=mtr

I like the R8 just a bit more.

Bump

where do you live? I heard these things are cop magnets in a lot of places. Also heard they get stolen A LOT. I want to get one too, but I think I'm going to have to move to get one.

Manual?

Aren't the suspension fluids unobitanium tier if you're out of France?

For me, would get something to restore/restomod. There are some good stuff I could find, or get myself fucked over some boomer tier 70s Alfa Romeo chassis, or BMW 02s. Just have a something for those

this guy knows whats up

Of course. 1st gen V's were only available with a manual transmission iirc

rotards

It would be obtainable, if i weren't a Europoor :(

Tesla Model S

2 more years of saving and I can buy it
Maybe the Model 3 instead

This fucker right here. Usually you can grab one for around 3k but theyre getting rare.

Maintenance would be brutal tho

>Maintenance would be brutal tho

How fucking poor are you? Holy shit.

Pretty much all I've ever wanted is either a DC5 Integra (white) or a DC2 Integra. Hopefully I can buy a car by the end of the year.

My neighbor had one....was like a tin can with wheels. Thing rolled over on him and trapped him underneath somehow & got killed by the gas fumes.

>busrider's dreamcars are some Honda shitboxes

helpful & informative thread, gracias guys

that car is a fashion statement for some flannel wearing fag

I can sell you mine

not original/10

What are you saying

Door is a different shade of colour, nigga.

Good eye, the fenders and hood were repainted when the previous owner did some body work. The rest of the car has completely ruined maaco paint.

Can get one in good condition for 10-15 grand, and doesn't require the constant upkeep that something like an AMG would require

Nice car, user

>orange county
M8 I'm in north carolina. Pass.