Why is every new car so fucking expensive?

Why is every new car so fucking expensive?

They fill these things with (((infotainment systems)))
useless gadgets
all the while they give you small engines, (((turbocharged))) i4 and FWD.

For 35k you can get a v6 charger with cloth interior or a bare bones pickup.

This shit seems really ridiculous to me. inb4 poor fag, i just feel like new cars are such a rip off now

>(((infotainment systems)))
>useless gadgets
It's what people want, basically it's a matter of the "driving experience" rather than straight performance.

how does one find a car without these things. special order from the factory?

Mildly used cars can be bought with nothing wrong with them and 5k off new MSRP price easily.

modern cars are actually cheaper than ever for their features, if you account for inflation.

Majority sees driving as a chore moreso than an actual hobby.

>((()))

Wow, where did you get such a crazy idea like that?

>Previous owner
No thanks, I prefer my cars un-fucked up by retards.

this. all the previous owner cars I've had have been incredibly fucked up

Good to know they passed the car on to another retard.
Do you just pick whatever car is behind door number 2 and go home with it?

>plebbitor pretending not to be a plebbitor by accusing people of browsing plebbit because of a meme 4chinz created

Buy a Miata for 25k.

If you can't afford to buy 25k new then you can't afford any decent cars

You don't, that special order would just make it more expensive and give you a big hole in the dash.

>buying cars that are less than 15 years old

Buy a Dacia

I wonder if any of those will pass US EPA or crash test and what the total all-in import costs would be.

Cheapest new production car I know of that's currently available in the US is the Ford Fiesta S at $13.5K.

Technically the Mirage is cheaper at $13K but fuck everything about that car.

because most people don't enjoy driving and like to have 101 distractions to divert their attention from the monotony of it. If you want cars without superfluous electronics, you could always go for older imports from Europe/Japan. S-chassis cars straight off the boat from Weebland are usually ~$5k less than a new low-spec Sentra. You could also look at specialty cars like Caterhams, but you'd be sacrificing utility for fun.

Ordering from the factory isn't more expensive. It's actually cheaper. It's exactly MSRP and then you haggle them down.

>Why is every new car so fucking expensive?
>They fill these things with (((infotainment systems)))
>useless gadgets

People want a comfortable, fun ride with least amount of actual driving.
They want their cars to drive themselves, so they can watch their harry potter in peace.

36k is a fully loaded car in most brands barring the expensive ones.

Ffs you can get a Toyota Corolla brand new for $17k

motorcycles

that is all

The real deal steal and deal for both dealerships and buyers is financing, because dealership can make lodes of money and customers have a lot more difficulty feeling the difference between $300 a month and $350 a month compared to the equivalent 30k and 35k car.

Showroom appeal is one of the most important thing a car can nail in order to get sales. Angry car faces, a boring silver exterior, high empeegees, higher seat height, lots of cool interior gadgetry and touchy pedals all generally increase the total market share of people willing to buy a certain car.

Add CAFE and NHTSA standards and the fact that car enthusiasts don't buy new cars, and it's not a surprise the modern car market resembles the modern smart refrigerator market.

>Why is every new car so fucking expensive?
get a nissan versa if you want a new car (you do not want a versa)
get a used car instead; a used acura or something

>being such a useless cuck that you aren't able to pick a good car.

Federal law requires that "infotainment" because it includes shit like backup cameras. We're teaching people to drive with technology. That's a bad idea. We should teach people to drive, not cars.

By 2018 all new production cars sold in the states will be required to have a backup camera. One of the reasons why is side-impact airbags and rollover protection have made it very hard to see out of the back or sides of a lot of cars.

Expect base model prices to go up and/or some manufacture's half-assing it to meet the bare minimum legal requirement.

Modern cars have a shitton of engineering go into them. Just think about the difference between the average consumer car in 1997 versus an average consumer car this year.

In 1997 you had options like
>ABS
>sun roof
>power windows
>automatic transmission
Whereas in 2017 you have options like
>infotainment
>particular tuned suspensions
>driver assists like automatic braking or lane departure

All that technology adds up. Then, you have the issue of MPG cravings that companies get because governments want more and more economy (and consumers by and large want it too). So, to get more MPGs you have to be lightweight and aerodynamic. Lightweight materials cost more and aerodynamic engineering takes a lot of R&D.

Add on to the fact that you get new introductions like direct and port fuel injections, newly designed cylinder heads, high compression smaller displacement engines, emissions technology, and the evolution of airbags to being a wraparound cushion for every single passenger and suddenly your car is getting pretty expensive.

Remember, this is still a basic consumer car. We haven't even talked about performance car shit like water injection, intercoolers for turbo/superchargers, extra oil coolers, active aero, DCTs, and all the other shit they pack into sports cars nowadays.

Cars are so much more advanced now than they were 20 years ago or even 10 years ago that it sometimes amazes me that people don't realize how different the typical driving experience really is today. As a guy who owns an older car surrounded by people with newer cars it's like stepping into a rocket ship.

>economy requires millions in R&D and more advanced than anything made 20 years ago
>honda crx made 50 mpg, its over 30 years old
>add an ipad, motion detector, and an optic sensor
that will $47,000 please

Agreed. Was about to say this. Cars nowadays seem to evolving much faster that they make people who bought new cars in 1997 look like they got ripped off. Best believe that cars in 20 years will make modern cars look like a joke also.

park my '95 Corolla next to a '17 Corolla (or even a '15) and it's amazing to think that they even have the same nameplate because they're such different cars.

That and there is little/nothing today you can buy that doesn't have all of those expensive gadgets, so if you want a cheap simple car you're stuck buying used.

even stuff just a few years back was considerably simpler, my '09 VW has cloth manual seats, manual transmission, had a basic stereo and climate control, etc. I would have bought one with manual windows too if it was an option but it's not

>honda crx

Absolute death trap & rust bucket. There's your price difference.

GT350R
dunno what else, we are all cucks to automotive manufacturing giants, gg

All most people really need is a DIN slot so they can install a $100 receiver with an AUX plug or Bluetooth.

>have 2nd gen Fit
>no tablet in the dash
>no backup camera
>no "lane departure" or "automatic braking"
>$18k out the door, brand new

I took a look at the 3rd gen Fits at the dealership the other day while waiting on service.
They're filled to the brim with these all of this stuff now and the price has gone through the roof.

>For 35k you can get a v6 charger

this
35k could get you a brand new accord with a v6 and leather

>autotragic
lol

Cars have gotten expensive more or less due to regulation after regulation over the years. So many regulations for emissions. So many regulations for safety. Today's car is built like a tank, and you pay tank prices for it. It's also why cars more or less all look the same too - the rules only allow a car designer only so much freedom and so you get endless variations on a theme that a bunch of federal bureaucrats laid down behind the scenes.

Cars today are designed by the federal gov't. And it shows.

>lol
lel

Here's another thing. They don't want cars to be affordable by saving up. They want you to go into debt or be leasing (which is substantially the same thing). Which is why the automakers don't really push back too hard on all those regulations. Oh you want us to make more expensive cars? Great, we can sell a financing deal or a lease along with these more expensive cars. Mo money, mo money, mo money.

And they don't want you buying used either, or if you choose that route, they want to make sure you feel the pain. They put plastic parts and they carefully make sure those plastic parts will last just long enough for you to either pay off the car or finish a lease on it. Then it's time - for another car! The poor schlub who buys the pile of cracking plastic, well, he gets to play with replacing everything that was designed to fail all at once.

Inflation of the dollar, Japanese Yen value has gone up so their cars do too, better build quality, and yes (((infotainment))) systems. Needless to say though, all modern cars are so much more rigid, efficient, and safer that it's kind of unfair to compare the price to the past.

However, your obviously not looking hard enough, because I just saw a NEW 2016 Corolla on a Toyota dealer lot going for $15k. That's cheap as dirt and it's NEW and it comes with the warranty and everything.

this

(((((You're))))) ((((a)))) ((((((fucking))))) ((((((idiot))))).

A new Versa costs as much as a new Cord from the 1920s when the price is adjusted for inflation. Slightly cheaper even. And this is even after you consider the doodads and gadgets a Versa can have.