/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #488

''Max, the girl of many names'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12662425
strawpoll.me/12662462

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do people argue about Max's sexuality? The script makes it quite clear that she's a flaming Chloesexual.

Kate is too good for this cruel world. It actually starts to get comedic at times how innocent and pure she is. But I can't be mad at this game for its hammy script. It's part of the charm.

Max is #1

Yes she is.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I actually really like Max, especially on the terms of a protagonist. She's your typical "cool loser" archetype, but fleshed enough to be interesting.

Kind and noble, but also a little bitchy. Always trying to help, but has her moments of selfishness. She's also pretty hilarious whenever the shy nerd tries to be cool or intimidating.

But every bit as important as being flawed yet likeable, she is a protagonist who has agency. Her actions drive the story, her desires create conflict, her character is the axis around which the plot turns. An all too oft failing of storytelling is that the protagonist serves as a tragically bland stand in to resolve the conflict that could be swapped out with anyone. This is not the case here. Life is Strange simply cannot happen without Maxine Caufield. Seriously, try to think about it for a second. Try imagining if like, Kate got time powers instead. It becomes a completely different story.

And that's what I love about Max, that this is her story and no one else's. That's the mark of a strong protagonist.

Fuck off Michel

>The script makes it quite clear that she's a flaming Chloesexual.
/lisg/'s coined that term, so don't you worry!

The writing that's there feels like they were trying to emulate Twin Peaks or even something like Silent Hill a little, a character that's normal but seems "off" or strange in some of their mannerisms, but rather than unsettling or horror effect it was used more for comedic and "cheesy" effect. Not executed perfectly, but done well enough that Max is at least relatively endearing and cute through her writing.

>if only they didn't rush the last episode

Technically, you can romance Warren as well, and dialogue does change to reflect that.

Still, I think the Chloesexual way is the better way, but either way you've got two people dorky in their own ways that both have dialogue expressing how head-over-heels they are for Max depending on who you choose to romance.

Max can choose, but EVERYONE is Maxsexual.

Wrong.

Seriously though, some of Max's dialogue pertaining to Chloe is a little... possessive? She even calls her "my Chloe" at one point. It's not so bad though since Chloe is clearly a little thirsty as well.

Oh, I laughed hard at the "I dare you to kiss me." bit. First for how Chloe actually fucking said that, and then for how Max leaped at her when she did so. Like, she just jumped at the chance. Oh Maxine, you got it so bad.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>max mentions chloe kissing her again
>chloe literally gets sidetracked right after and says she was "just daydreaming" in an embarrassed way

If Max and Chloe were any more thirsty for each other they'd fucking die from dehydration.

If only there were more Maxs in the world

>technically, you can romance Warren as well

No, you can't.

You can agree to go to the movies, not kiss Chloe, kiss Warren, and there you go.

Be the change you want to see in the world!

Get a sex change today!

>the entirety of the pool scene
>Chloe trying not to check her out
>splashing
>all that complimentary "I need you." dialogue
>Max's longing stare
>every single player saying "Just kiss already!"
That was so gay it was making Top Gun look hetero. What's the lesbian equivalent of 'Playing with the Boys'?

>Technically, you can romance Warren as well, and dialogue does change to reflect that.
Aw shit, what are you doing user.

wow is this text new? never seen it before

The homoerotic scenes in Top Gun could escalate to full dude-dude penetration and it still wouldn't be as hella gay as Max and Chloe's pool scene.

If you read Max's diary after you accept his movie offer, she says she hopes warren doesn't make a move on her and that she sees him as a younger brother.

If you choose to kiss him, she only kisses him for "good luck" since he's (maybe) about to die in a tornado and getting in on Max was the only thing he ever wanted during the game.

So Max is pretty much fully Chloesexual?

Good.

How did you know I was male?

But if I could painlessly change into a Max with no effect on my (admittedly limited) relationships, I think I'd take it.

Well yeah. There's really no denying that, since the entire plot revolves around Max fighting against the poorly defined forces of destiny in order to save her waifu. She broke time for her!
Would your significant other bend the space-time continuum over a barrel and make it squeal like a pig for your sake?

Here's the big question though:

Who's gayer? Max or Chloe? Which one them is the bigger homo?

There's no context. It's a weird image. I was disturbed by it.

Chaos theory is all he knows.

Chloe is more openly gay for Max through her actions and dialogue.

Max is more privately gay for Chloe in her diary and monologues.

Is the closet lesbian a bigger lesbian than the open lesbian?

Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you because I suffer from severe mental illness. All of you are well adjusted, intelligent, internet users who spend every second of their day discussing the social, narrative and moral issues presented in an award winning video game. You are everything good in the world and seeing your success reminds me of my personal failings thereby sending me into a blind rage.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten an idea of why I call Warren a pussy?

I mean, it’s fun making fun of people because of my own insecurities, but assaulting Graham in a parking lot, let alone threatening a young woman with a gun when she's blackmailing me after I dosed her with date rape drugs, is taking it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Kate's video on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot behind my back. I’m pretty much a total violent nutcase so don't do it to my face. I was emotionally abused by my father and discharged from care by a first rate therapist. What do you suffer from, other than feels after playing an emotionally impactful video game? I also get straight A’s because my father donates large sums to the school, and have been friendzoned by a hot mean girl (She never blew me; Shit would've been SO cash).

You are going to be called faggots and told to kill yourselves by assholes like me for most of your life. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me. I'm her bitch.

Scottfield would be perfect.

>Max's caring nature and Nathan's belligerent demeanor
>Whenever Nathan is angry Max calms him down
>He protects the delicate, fragile Max who will never leave him
>Eventually they have three beautiful children together, occasionally taking them to Two Whales for lunch

>She smiles for a moment at the funeral because she's sleep deprived and traumatized
>Max falls to the ground weeping soon after
>The Prescotts hire a world class legal team to defend Jefferson and Nathan
>Jefferson gets off on a technicality and continues teaching at Blackwell because of Sean's influence
>Having determined his behavior is too extreme and will "dishonor the family", Nathan is sent to a mental institution
>His pretty boy looks and spastic behavior draw the attraction of pedophiles, rapists and the criminally insane, not to mention sadistic orderlies
>Max fails out of Blackwell and is killed when a tornado hits her cab to the small regional airport on her way home
>The waterspout destroys waterfront property and most major homes, making space for an expanded Pan Estates
>The diner can't afford to rebuild. Joyce loses her job.
>David lost his position at Blackwell when his loyalties where questioned following Chloe's murder
>He commits suicide shortly after discovering Joyce hung herself after losing Chloe
>Sean Prescott knocks over Chloe's tombstone and builds a statue of himself in its place
>Max wakes up in bed being spooned by Chloe
>Max: Wowsers. What a horrible dream.
>Chloe: What's wrong, Max?
>Max: I had a nightmare that I let you die.
>Chloe: Again?
>She holds her tighter
>Chloe: I'm sorry, honey.
>Max: I'm glad I kept you alive and personally curb stomped each and every resident of Arcadia Bay, including your family and my friends at Blackwell, until their brains were splattered on the sidewalk.
Chloe: I'm glad you did that too.

Series when.

>In Caulfield's dorm room, Kate Marsh watched as her friend hung out with Chloe on her birthday. Marsh had shared a beer with Chloe, well, Chloe had drunk most of it, but she'd had a few sips too! She wasn't lame!
>As their friends began to leave--including a scruffy older fellow with tattoos on his neck, the ever kindly Warren and others--Kate knew it was time for her short walk back to her dorm room.
>While smoothing her skirt, she reflected upon the evening and thought about how strange it was that Chloe slept over in Max's dorm so often.
>"That's not so weird. They have slumber parties. Maybe I'll invite them to come to my room!" she thought, giddy at the idea of the three of them watching movies and eating ice cream all night.
>She also thought about all the time Chloe and Max spent together. Aside from getting tea, whenever she spotted Max on campus she was walking or sitting with Chloe. Sometimes she spotted them in town, during hikes or at the beach. Max often rested her head on Chloe's lap while reading a book or playing with her cell phone, sending the much hated emojis.
>"Come to think of it, Chloe has been dropping off Max for our tea dates or arriving at the end to pick her up..." Kate shook her head. "I'm being silly. They didn't see each other for five years. They're making up for lost time."
>Then she thought about their habit of holding hands, leaning their heads on each others shoulders and wrapping their arms around each other as they walked.

>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...
>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.

>Max: I'm glad I kept you alive and personally curb stomped each and every resident of Arcadia Bay, including your family and my friends at Blackwell, until their brains were splattered on the sidewalk.
Honestly I'm okay with this. Personally I didn't really care about anyone else besides Max and Chloe. Whether they survived or not isn't important.

>You can agree to go to the movies
Doesn't count as a ''''''''romance''''''''' option. See pic.
Besides they never went there even if you accept his invite or not.

>not kiss Chloe
If you didn't kiss Chloe, Max will write in her diary later saying that she regret not kissing her.
While the most she says about Warren is: ''I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea''

>kiss Warren
You mean the OPTIONAL kiss that technically never happened because it was erased from all the timelines no matter which ending you picked?

The kiss was misplaced and sudden, inconsistent fanservice BS. At most justifiable as a ''world is ending, might as well see how this feels'' move to portray Max's emboldened attitude.

>shipping Max with the guy who tried to kill her best friend

please be bait

>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...
>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>Kate went back to her dorm room.

>“My. Max and Chloe are lucky to have each other. They're such good gal pals.”
>gal pals
>CHOO CHOO!

To be fair Chloe was the instigator and also a blackmailer.

Thinking she held all the cards and ignoring Nathan's (obvious) mental issues she cornered him the the bathroom and got shot, which also was her fault for trying to push him away.

Nathan's instant regret is clear in the bay ending.

Also if Max had been his trusted wife to be nothing of the above would have happened.

Kate rationalizes away her gay panic then goes back to her bedroom and holds hands with herself until she wears herself out and falls asleep.

>To be fair Chloe was the instigator and also a blackmailer.
>To be fair Nathan is a violent classicist douche that drugged and photographed women

To be fair, you are trolling.

Reminder that it's okay to cry, guys.

To be fair you're a nigger

Max looked like she was kissing her cousin when she smooched Warren. It was uncomfortable to watch. Never let it happen in my play-throughs.

It's easy to cry when you have Max to cuddle and give you smooches.

The first rays of sunshine raise you from your sleep, as your other senses are assailed by unfamiliar sounds and smells. You start to move to examine your surroundings before you remember you're not in Arcadia Bay anymore. Tree lines to skylines, sea salt to smog. "Welcome to the new normal, Max", you think to yourself, as you try to sit up only to find that you're restrained. Oh, right. Seattle smog, road noise, and your girlfriend sleeping softly on your chest. Everything's in check. It'll still take some getting used to, not having the quiet mornings in Arcadia Bay tinged with crashing waves and bird songs. But, all things considered, you're not doing too bad for yourself at the moment. The memories of the past two weeks come flooding back in a blur, like they always seem to do when you find yourself alone with your thoughts. You idly play with a lock of Chloe's hair as you think about what to do with your life now you've moved back in. Yesterday was entirely focused on moving your stuff in and surviving the opening salvo of questions from your parents. The expected teary greetings over with, you retold the events of the past week as well as you could. Leaving out the criminal activity, attempted murder, supernatural events, and the fact you nearly died, of course. The deluge only stopped when you politely yet firmly excused yourself to go to bed. It'd been a very long drive from Arcadia to Seattle, and neither you nor Chloe were very alert when you finally got to your parent's place. Which leads you to now, trying to figure out where to go from here. You'll have to find a way to finish school, and you want to try to get Chloe to go back too. She'll probably try to resist, but you know with some persuasion and liberal use of "The Doe Eyes" you can bend her to your will. And falling that, some..."incentives" come to mind as well. You file that mental note away for later. Chloe's a big softie, at least for you, and you fully intend to keep taking advantage of it.

Chloe also brought the entire thing on herself trying to steal from Nathan, screwed up and after her miraculous escape tries to blackmail him which kills her.

FYI, this isn't the Bae "epilogue". I'm considering retiring that bait.

So, /lisg/, how long did it take before the cringey as fuck "kids these days" teenspeak started growing on you and became oddly charming?

Furthermore, when did it hit you that you were somehow invested in this utterly ridiculous story and were desperate to see the two leads get married and live happily ever after?

Time for some bait Chloe might actually like taking.

It was never cringy. I grew up with hella via Cartman in South Park. At the end of the first episode, I said fuck my budget and bought the entire season.

Her face looks more like Joyce's in that sketch...as does Max.

Also, how does she apply nail polish underwater?

>penultimate mermaid tomboy

>Max looked like she was kissing her cousin when she smooched Warren. It was uncomfortable to watch. Never let it happen in my play-throughs.

Same, the hug felt a lot more apropriate.
Max only considered kissing Warren because she knows that he has a big crush on her and because she's a good person, the kind of one who doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings and also she was going to jump into another timeline to save Chloe, completely erasing the previous one in the process.

The moment Max saw Chloe's face she totally forgot about Warren's existence, which was kinda funny.

Were Max and Warren friends in the alternate timeline?
You know, the one where she was a lot more confident and outgoing.

Hell no.
She probably didn't even know he existed, Warren only goes after ''easy'' targets.

Do you think Victoria or Kate farts in their sleep?

You're worse than Warren/Max shippers.

Nah, it was pretty cringey at first. Then it became a sort of "Really? You're really doing this?" funny. Then it became a stupid kind of charming.

I fucking lost it at a few points, like Max expressing love for Spirits Within(though I already knew about that), or at the party where Hayden explains he had just "vaped some dank OG bud". I can't hate this game, even when I probably should.

Victoria sent him packing. She doesn't take kindly rivals.

>Nah, it was pretty cringey at first.
Your opinion.

>Max expressing love for Spirits Within
Never found that.

>the party where Hayden explains he had just "vaped some dank OG bud".
I know plenty of middle class/upper middle class douche's that talk like that. It's not a French meme.

>I can't hate this game, even when I probably should.

Please find me five bottles.

>Same, the hug felt a lot more apropriate.
For certain.

>because she's a good person
Leading him on would be the opposite of a good person.

>The moment Max saw Chloe's face she totally forgot about Warren's existence, which was kinda funny.
Haha. I never thought about it outside of the narrative context, but it was definitely amusing.

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

The one line that made me start laughing was Zach's text.
>I'm sitting here with nothing on but my jersey and my football
Made it sound like he shoved the football up his ass and sent Vic a pic

Just saw this. Nice, always enjoy seeing these two.
I want them to make more cute and dorks videos.

cute and dorky*

>Partners in Time & Crime & Love
Oh shit, I forgot about that. At the train tracks, right? I swear, every one of their romantic bonding scenes is punctuated by "Oh for fucks sake, JUST KISS ALREADY!".

Apparently he thought that would be enticing. Zach is not very bright.

Max and Chloe have a lesbian magic baby.

What's its first word, hella or wowser?

"Hellowser!"

Yeah. The romantic tension was pretty damn high. Especially at the pool and the morning in Chloe's bedroom. Too bad there was no proper kiss in the game but there's decades of time for them to do that after :3

I like it!

What will Kate and Victoria's lesbian magic baby say?

Kate isn't lesbian, nor is Victoria.

Hey, /lisg/! You still hate pairings that aren't Pricefield?!

>Made it sound like he shoved the football up his ass and sent Vic a pic

Where else was he supposed to put it? He jersey didn't have pockets.

>morning in Chloe's bedroom
>"I dare you to kiss me."
>Kiss Chloe
>Max hurriedly leaps forward and plants one on her without hesitation
I think Pearl just lost the title for Thirstiest Motherfucker Ever.

Cashmere? Or something.

Jefferson being a retarded artsy serial killer cliche was dumb as hell, but it was worth it for that line alone.

Oh Max, honey, you're not intimidating. You're pretty scary when you're on the warpath for your waifu, but never when you actively try to be a badass.

Even if Max doesn't kiss her, she writes she didn't because she didn't want the kiss (her first) to be on a dare.
Then you see how cautious Chloe is with Max, trying to hide her flirting and advances as jokes/innocent questions.

Those two are hopelessly in love before they even full realize and try to hard to hide it until they know it will be reciprocated. You see as the game progresses how they grow to accept it more.

I also love how they're both good and bad influences on each other. Chloe encourages Max to be more outgoing an confident, but also brings out her hidden dangerous side. Max encourages Chloe to be less of a criminal, but at the same time she becomes more aggressive and reckless with her around. Add to that their mutual possessiveness, and you've got a nice complex emotional core for the story.

Honestly, I think Max and Chloe's relationship is the best part of the game. No hyperbole. Their love story was, for me, the most consistently, unironically entertaining thing throughout. And hell, you can tell that's where the most effort went to writing wise, and what they were banking on to keep players invested. And it worked. For better or worse, it worked.

I'm in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

I accidentally aborted the post at first due to a finicky keyboard. HAHA.

I agree entirely. Their friendship felt genuine and watching it become a loving as well was extremely satisfying. They bring the best out in each other and can balance out the worst. When Max is unsure of herself, Chloe encourages her - and when Chloe is reckless, Max pulls her back a little bit (Unless Max is being threatened and Chloe is on "attack" mode). Their relationship was so well written/shown that numerous people have created numerous similar ideas for what they do after the game, you know them enough to continue their story, or your version of it.

Their relationship is the heart of the game and for many the most memorable and liked aspect. Some, including many here, liking it enough to decide long before Episode 5 that they were going to save Chloe over the town if it came to that kind of choice.

I don't think hate is the appropriate word but /lisg/ have always been biased towards Pricefield since the beginning.

Probably since it's the entire game?

Exactly. And this is why the ending is so hated, by me at least. Dontmind, you made something precious, a GOOD romance. That is such a rare thing, nevermind the genders and orientations, good romances just do not happen often, and yet here's one.

So you put all this effort into making this sweet, believable love story, get us invested... and then that tornado comes. Way to piss away a beautiful thing, guys.

If you really wanted to have a tragic ending, and break your playerbase's hearts by having them choose to break up this beloved power couple, you really needed to come up with a better reason than fate being a petulant child.

Few people hated other pairings.
The only times people got hostile was when shitposters posted Grahamfield or disgusting stuff that defied the logic of the game. Or when they said stupid things like "MY Max loves ___", usually while insulting Chloe.
The game is heavily Pricefield so most people here stuck to that and liked things the characters wanted. If Max clearly wants Chloe then why defy her?

The whole idea that it's Chloe's fate to die makes no sense in itself. Max saves other people and nothing else tries to kill them.
There is no reasonable explanation to link Max's power, or Chloe's survival to the storm. I know it's what the story suggests but it does not add up.

It was done for dramatic effect and because they ran out of money to make anything more than the most cliche ending choice possible.

>If Max clearly wants Chloe then why defy her?
Do not taunt happy fun time goddess.

Wouldn't it have fuckin' ruled if Max went crazy for a bit going like "It's okay Chloe, I'll fix this. I'll fix EVERYTHING~! :D"? And the time break just keeps getting worse and worse until all the color disappears and shit, and everything starts to look like rough sketches.

I just wanted more of time break shit, cause that was so fucking cool!

Why does this make me tear up?

Because the thought that that was even a possibility is horrible and unspeakably tragic.

Good thing it was only a possibility, and not reality.

You're right. Dream on, young Max.

Time breaking would have been cool. Either reverting to something extremely simple like the end of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or breaking the universe like the end of Futurama with Max and Chloe carrying on together through a frozen universe.
There was plenty of things to be inspired by and creative ideas for endings but they went with the one everyone predicted and that most said they would not like. They even took extra time to work on episode 5 and still half-assed the ending.
That's the true mistake that needs to be rewound and fixed.

Yup. Sometimes Max has nightmares of stuff like that and it always shakes her a bit when she wakes up. Then Chloe comforts her until she falls back asleep to hopefully have better dreams.
Sweet dreams, Maxer.

Not gonna lie, a little disappointed that we never got to explore alternate Blackwell. I assumed we'd stick around a while to learn info we'd never be able to in the prime timeline, especially since alt-Max is a Vortex member.

But hey, it's keeping perfectly in character that our Max would faithfully run off to see her boo immediately, so I guess I can't complain too much.