Acg/ - Armored Core General: Final Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Welcome to

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Youkoso

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>/acg/ Park

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2705&pid=111362#pid111362
github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/5999#issuecomment-47958127
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump.

Bump.

bump.

bump

I've been playing Nier Automata and it really feels exactly like how an AC game with dark souls mechanics would feel. You guys should give it a try, it's clunky but feels much more satisfying to me than DS did.

The projectiles fire like AC. You have a (invisible) box in the center of the screen where you auto target anything in that range, and it moves with the camera, your direction movement is independent from that aim (just like AC).

But the melee works like dark souls. You have movesets that are locked in the direction you're facing. Your character DOES NOT have to face the same direction as your projectiles though. So you have AC like aiming and firing but you can throw out dark souls melee attacks in any direction.

Dodging requires timed rolls (like dark souls) BUT those rolls (if you hold them) turn into long high speed sliding (just like AC boosting.) There's no blocking (like AC) but there's parrying / countering (like DS). If you stick to guns, it plays similar to a 2D/ twin stick AC game. If you use melee only, it plays very similar to dark souls. But you can do both at the same time without switching between them.

The customization is pretty great, similar in idea but very different in execution. You have a bunch of abilities you can equip that modify how you fight, and they stack on top of each each other, but you have a memory limit. What's important is that the potential for min-maxing and stacking chips that affect gameplay is huge. Depending on how you stack your chips, you can make it entirely play like a third person shooter, or like a hack and slash game, or a reaction/parry based fighter.

It's not for everyone but as a stopgap game to play between AC releases I found it really similar in game design to AC, if you can get past the typical square enix bullshit.

If only that shit could end downloading already

The PC port is about on-par with dark souls 1 with how badly optimized it is. Make sure you download Nier:FAR, it's a fan graphics fix because the game's native settings are really bad. I would also recommend turning off in-game AA and Vsync and using your graphic's cards native AA / Vsync settings instead.

My major criticism so far: the subquests are probably the worst part about the game. They're identical to all the quests seen in KH/Final Fantasy/Tales, but this time they're your primary way of getting experience. The caveat is that at the end of those "cliche square enix" quests, there is usually some hilarious subversion. Example: the classic "race against an NPC" quest is extremely frustrating, but at the end of the question the guy you're running against self-destructs, which makes the frustration worth it to see.

That being said, I haven't played a more satisfying combat game since ACVD

Sadly I am downloading the game on PS4, but from the demo, I dont know how AC like it is, the game constantly goes from third person hack and slash to plataform game, with bullet hell on bot modes

Don't think about how it looks, think about how it feels. The genre shifts aren't all that common and feel more like just a changed camera perspective, but for regular combat against specific enemies it has a very similar run and gun feel, as if someone mixed ACVD and dark souls

I will wait for the game to download to give a better opinion

If this thread dies, I am considering this general done for good

Bump

Bumo

It was nice while it lasted RIP /acg/

Don't get your expectations up, it'll probably be dead by morning.
We might be a weekend general.

we have been death for almost 2 weeks, this general is done for

There are plenty of people here, just not during early morning hours. There's 30+ posters on a good thread, but they all go to sleep at the same time. All it takes is 2-3 hours of no posts for the thread to die, no matter how active it was beforehand.

The problem is that Veeky Forums doesn't show you archived threads, so when people search for the new thread it looks like there's no /acg/, so they stop looking for one.

If we have at least one person a night bumping to keep the thread from dying, it will get active during the day and weekends.

I tried to get into it, but I despise the story. It's the most pretentious trash I've ever been graced with. I know I shouldn't let the story ruin the rest of the game, but someone needs to give their writing department a smack over their heads.

Bump.

Bump.

It cant be that bad, r-right?

I don't know. As much as I love the game, those comparisons are a little far fetched. It's an RPG first and foremost, with some Platinum "crazy action" elements mixed into it. For me, the main selling point was the story, but it's not for everyone, as shows.

Bump

Bump

bump

I feel sad that our thread keeps taking hiatuses in 404 land. But until the earth explodes, I will gladly continue to support it. We're not quitters, and nothing as small as a 4 year gap will stop us.

that's dedication, sadly is lost cause.

How the fuck do I defeat Leviathans in Last Raven?

What mission?

Stop Last Assault Attempt

It's an ending mission

oh yeah, I remember that one, the first ending I got, if I remember correctly, I used rifles to take out the smaller planes and then a buch of missiles for the Leviathans, there is a third leviathan after the first two, save ammo if you can.

M I C R O M I S S L E S

bump.

Oh, the one with three of 'em, right?
If you're ballsy, there's always the rocket approach. First time I did it, it was in a tank loaded to the teeth with laser, including that LX dual back cannon. That thing eats them alive.
Micro missiles will also rip them apart.
That mission throws a bunch of small fry at you, right? Like, planes and crap? Get a rifle or machine gun for your right hand and use that to knock them out, put something hefty and rangey in your left hand, like rockets. That way you can use that along with your back weapons to eat the Leviathans.
Missile decoys help too.

If I stop posting, I died guys.

I will try that, maybe I'll finally finish the game

>finish
Oh that's a good one.

I know there are a lot of missions and multiple endings, but I never got through the beginning to the end

I emulated AC3 portable recently and basically 100% cleared it, except that a couple missions crash the game as soon as I start them. The one I can remember most is the runaway MT mission because I lost several hours of game time when I blindly accepted it during my initial playthrough and PPSSPP imploded on me.

I started Silent Line and it's happening again right on missions at the beginning of the game. Any idea what should I do to fix this?

Guys, I did it!

Good job. Only five more endings to go.
The most I've been able to find is this:
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2705&pid=111362#pid111362
and this:
github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/5999#issuecomment-47958127
I'm sure the fix is in there somewhere, but I just skimmed those and it looked pretty Greek to me.

ded

Dank webms.

memes

Micromissiles. Really, the game becomes a breeze when you prepare accordingly.

Holy shit, pray for me guys

bump

rip

good night

I will pray for you B ranker.

Thanks Penny, the earthquakes have stopped for now.

nevermind, they continue.

bump.

Last one, I hope being able to post in the morning.

>letting the general die just before AC6 comes over the horizon

Don't let them shake you up. I've got your back.

Bump.

Bump

Last one.

I usually wouldnt be scared from them, earthquakes are a common thing on my country, but there are catch this time, the epicenter is literally a couple of Km from my house, so even a 3 on ritcher's scale feels strong, and we are having a lot of them, in 2 days we have suffered around 40+ earthquakes and around half of them can easily be felt

Bump.

opening

Bump

You know the safety procedures, right? Incase of a really strong one, get in a door frame and last it out. Also, nail down everything you can.

I have take down my Tv (just when Nier finally ended downloading) some decorations, and we have moved some furniture to open the path just in case, we have stocked water too, we have food, and so far no pronlemd with electricity, the first casualty already happened with a rock falling out and crushing a car

Hot damn, where do you live? The mountains?

All MTs (including pulverizers) have no missile defense. Micro missiles have the highest damage output. Throw on missile extensions and you can beat them in 2-3 salvos.

Also make sure you pack some ECM resistance so you can lock on, and try to fire the missiles when they're coming toward you, rather than away, since they can outrun the missiles.

_S NPUH-10023
_G Armored Core 3 Portable
_C1 Hang Workaround
_L 0xE0010003 0x002258E8
_L 0x202258E8 0x34070001
_C0 Hang Workaround [Disable]
_L 0x202258E8 0x28A70003

throw this into your cheats folder titled NPUH10023.ini

Yes

This is why I prefer to live on flat land.

I have no choices, the only flatland here is the space withing mountains or the country, and even there you can see mountains surrounding the area.

It works, thanks.

What's the fix for Silent Line? I tried copypasting the same thing (obviously renamed the NPUH number and game title) but it's still crashing.

Never mind. I was able to find it myself now that I knew to search for "hang workaround." It's all working now, and I got the Last Raven one set up in advance for when I get around to that.

Thanks for the help user!

bump

L I V E

bump.

You're running around Layered engaging in corporate sanctioned murder and espionage when Apple Boy shows up and blocks your path. What do you do? Keep in mind, this dude just gave his AC a custom paint job and changed out a couple of his starting parts.

Shoot him down in a hail of machine gun fire.

Ask him on a date.

what is your idea of a perfect date to someone that original tried to kill you on the first meeting?

But it's the second meeting. He's the guy who helps you on the first mission.

good night /acg/

>Apple Boy
>pilots an Armored CORE
>apples have an apple core

DEEPEST LORE?!

Looking at the VD world map, it seems there's a map at, or very close to, Baltimore.
HOW DEEP DOES IT GO?

>replaying Armored Core: Last Raven
>get to the end of the game
>you end up becoming the last raven

THE MADMEN, HOW DID THEY KNOW?