teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CWCqyPzSOUc
youtu.be/J125x-DT0qU
youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Dead_Ringer
imgur.com/a/fHF4f
strawpoll.me/12713499
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no anime

pyro booty

Where did you get that picture of me

post your favorite album and main class

>Demoman

Soldier Specifically with the begggars

Medic/Pyro

i never understood how people could choose their favourite anything so easily
especially with music what i enjoy most is largely dependant on my mood an whatever i'm doing at the time

none, maining classes is for brainlets

youtu.be/CWCqyPzSOUc

Scout/Demo/Soldier
It's hard to choose a "best/favorite of all time" of anything for me.

>first round, we do well
>second round, its closer, but we push through
>third round, we're getting spawnraped and half of our team has left
>the top players on our team are two medics and two engies

>Lose one round
>Get rolled the next round because half your team has left because they don't like losing even though it was a really close game

>People would rather have steamrolls than games where the teams are evenly matched and each round is a close game

>three snipers on my team
>we get roadblocked by a sentry
>"hey, can you snipers switch so we can get past this nest?"
>three spies on my team
im sick of having to go demo all the time because no one can destroy a sentry. any time we do have demos on my team theyre faggy demoknights.

Calm down Harab

A PYRO STANDING BEHIND ME JUST REFLECTED MY ROCKET AND KILLED ME I WILL NOT BE CALM

CAN I PLEASE GET A TEAM THAT DOESNT GET RAPED BY DEAD RINGER SPIES

If your team is bad do what i do.
Fuel your skill with rage for your team and play heavy.
I haven't lost a single game by playing rage heavy.

every time i make a post about dead ringer spies /tf2g/ accuses me of being bad and unable to kill them when really i have the exact opposite problem

every time i hear TSSSSCHHHHRRRRKKK my blood starts boiling and i have to ignore the objective, start camping ammo packs and focusing the shit out of them until they start spamming binds and disconnect

If you cant kill a dead ringer spy its because you have no map awareness or are so bad at spy that you dont know how to think like on and track him.

Soldier and scout

youtu.be/J125x-DT0qU
what did he mean by this

so how is your waifu treating you 26dollars butt waifu guy?

It's not the fact that you can't kill them that's annoying, it's the fact that you have to literally drop EVERYTHING and ignore anything else that's going on if you want to make sure they stay dead.

Why did Valve feel the need to give the Dead Ringer a speed buff AND make the Spy as fast as a Medic?

the only people who try to justify the dead ringer are pubstar spies

r8 my black cocks

Crutch/10
You probably run it with the Conch and Escape Plan

2/10
not enough dominations
not even black

Demoman

>no renamed

2/10

this but engineer
good taste

yeah, the speed boost really doesnt help. it gives dead ringer spies way more options for escape and possible ammo packs to run to.

[Andrea Wicklund] Ideally matches should end in a victory for one team and a loss for the other. Stalemates are essentially a loss for both teams. To avoid stalemates, our map design considers two key variables: team respawn times and travel time from the respawn point to the front line. The team that's winning gets slightly faster respawn times and more forward respawn points, a positive reinforcement loop that increases the chances for them to push forward and win the game.

>another episode of diamondback + icicle + dr spy guest starring 3 f2p engineers on my team
this season sucks, guys
i think i'll drop this show soon

>literally drop EVERYTHING
m8 if the guy is literally just running far enough that you need to chase him and leave the objective he is not worth it and is wasting time.

noice.
I'm a fan of Le perv but even then they're all good.
youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc

the spycicle would be 100% fine if the dead ringer didnt exist.

This.

>Encouraging snowballs

the dead ringer sucks because it doesnt count as a KILL

also because in effect it makes a spies respawn time practically instant

demoman

eh, even deadringer spies can get a lucky stab while you're distracted by something more important

What if every feigned death added +3 seconds to your respawn time?

>Leaving him alone so he can circle back and put a knife in your medic's back or fuck with your sentries and snipers

and every backstab lowers it by .5

>Black Box

Garbage. A literal crutch for idiots who can't into Soldier, nobody who is good would do better with this than the stock. Probably is run with a similarly autistic Concheror.

>Dominations part

Dumb. Obviously you use this thing a lot because it's got 16k kills and so it's attached to your ego. Having any sense of pride attached to using the Black Box or getting dominations is absurd, laughable even.

>Buildings Destroyed

For what purpose? It's not a good weapon for taking out Engies, and it's perhaps the WORST Soldier primary for doing so. Pointless.

>Robots Destroyed

Probably the only tracker that makes sense. At least if you only had this part, people would understand that it's your MvM gun and the sense of shame of using it for real would dissipate. It is after all the best launcher for MvM if I recall correctly.

>Halloween spells

Autism when it's not Halloween-themed, e.g. your launcher

>Killstreak: Fire Horns

Ebin edgy shit that would go with a Halloween set and the spells if it was all Halloween-themed but as it is it's just fucking gay

>Sheen: Mandarin

Pointless it's already Australium

I was going to give you a numerical grade but actually just fuck you, kill yourself. What a colossal and egregious waste of money (both you and the launcher)

If your team is too bad to handle a single DR spy, you have bigger issues, my friend.

How to fix the Dead Ringer:
1: Ammo doesn't fill it
2: Remove speed boost
3: Marked for Death upon uncloaking
4 (maybe):

>if you want to make sure they stay dead.

Then don't?

t. bad

i like this review

Like said.
And it only takes a spy getting lucky once to fuck you over.

>not being good enough that having a medic is actually a handicap and caring about engineers that cant protect themselves.

t. bad

>Soldier

how to fix the dead ringer
1. cloak is drained while the watch is held
2. health drains for however long you stay invisible

Okay, what is the better option to craft this into?

the hat

Theres more than one option?

combine these
>drains cloak slowly while pulled out, normally while feigning
>add time to respawn for each feign

you can craft the headtaker (eyelander reskin) or one of the three halloween skulls

i hate the skulls and love weapon reskins. if youre me then do that

The Dead Ringer has already been changed and nerfed and shit for a long ass time and it's in the best spot it's ever going to be in.

>The initial damage resistance is functional and balanced, and it tapers off into REGULAR CLOAK in which you can't extend the time until you've done the risky and loud uncloak.
>It starts at half of its cloak bar, assuring you can't pop it, uncloak, and almost immediately feign death again
>speed boost facilitates proper escape or infiltration through a chokepoint, and conversely the further he runs away from you the less you have to worry about getting backstabbed
>It gives heads/Air Strike kills and so on properly. You can feign death and "feed" the enemy.

The only things I'd do with it at the moment are minor tweaks:

>have the feign clear ALL effects including jarate etc
>but make it so afterburn and other effects can actually be applied again
>make the speed boost only last during DR cloak, so you can't just feign, uncloak, and run around at Mach 10 for stabs/gunspy shit
>fix all the unreplicated mechanics on wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Dead_Ringer , essentially have it count as a true kill

>tfw watched ArraySeven's latest video about Medic "secrets" and expected a shitshow
>tfw it was okayish and learnt a few things.
Beside kritzing a fucking Demoknight. wtf man Demoknights get free crit swings from shield already, are you fucking outta your mind?

>start camping ammo packs and focusing the shit out of them until they start spamming binds and disconnect
Then we made our job. He should've play CnD instead of crutchringer.

>playing Pyro to deal with DR Spy
Most of Pyros have no idea about how to handle a DR Spy.

>literally drop EVERYTHING and ignore anything else that's going on if you want to make sure they stay dead.
I can give you that. After a while stop chasing and climb up somewhere to watch over for a suspicious retreat from a flank. Not the best method but may work.
Play a Pybro to sweep Spy away from buildings
>Why did Valve feel the need to give the Dead Ringer a speed buff
To panic the player into seeking ammopacks and reveal himself while doing so. Speedboost isn't the broken thing here, cloak duration is.
Sometimes you really have to wait for damned 7 seconds before Spy reveals himself, alas most of the time they reach any ammo pack at a well laid area in less than 5 seconds then use extra seconds to change direction.
>AND make the Spy as fast as a Medic?
To make him act better as a deadringer (doppelganger) for Medic once he cut the healbeam, via a teammate Medic disguise... May be?
Else... Volve noticed how Powerjack became a go-to melee for Pyros and wanted to compensate for it? Also notice how he got 20% damage reduction on all cloaks?
Let's take it all easy; Spy is weakest class in the meta game. The end.

2 or 9 decides my steam avatar for the entire month

please use a tripcode so i can filter you

you both misread my post and assumed my two separate statements were directly related. please do this.

I bet everyone who complains about DR is a sub 1k hour shitter, lmao.

Special PDA that allows you to make a sentry that can crit

I hate when I let dr spies get away because I'm in middle of a fight, then they decloack across the map to start shooting my asscheeks for 16 while I'm in the middle of face to face MANFIGHTING,

I'm telling you to go back to the objective work, maintain height advantage and look for retreats from flanks only. Pyro can do that pretty easily, not even M2 required. I didn't misread anything and I ain't gonna get a trip.... may be I strawpoll that for the giggles

Fuck I forgot about the scheduled outage today
Now I can't play for a whole HOUR!

>4v4 baddiewater
>Someone is hacking
It's getting pretty sad that this is the standard match on anything but 2fort/Turbine nowadays.

Fuck off, shitty spy main. Go back to /v/.

nerf liberty launcher

I think that if you're complaining about the weakest class in-game, you're the one who should get back to /v/, friend. DR is a crutch, yes, but if you trigger it once, the spy's basically out of the game for the next few seconds until he pops up and you shoot him again.

Scout main?

i was i was not the pyro in that situation, and my frustration with dead ringer spies was not for that match, but my play session tonight in general.

it doesn't need a nerf

>its okay for crutches to exist
can you genuinely fuck off?

>Having issues with crutch users
>He can't just shoot the spy
>Telling anyone else to fuck off when you're this bad

>the spy's basically out of the game for the next few seconds until he pops up and you shoot him again.
And then he uses his dead ringer to run off again and again and again. This continues until you either get distracted and get stabbed or you get distracted and get shot by something else while trying not to get stabbed.

How to fix DR:
Every time Spy decloaks with it, the Announcer goes "DEAD RINGER SPY ON RED/BLU IS DECLOAKING"

full image?

The decloak sound is already loud enough as-is.

This is not a problem with the dead ringer itself, and I'm not sure how a spy getting a lucky stab in is affected by DR. Wouldn't this have happened anyway if he were using stock IW or CnD?

oh I know the sound is loud enough I was just making a funnie

>and I'm not sure how a spy getting a lucky stab in is affected by DR.
because he gets to try way more often with the dead ringer

>use dead ringer
>stab someone
>cloak half full from the medium ammo pack they drop
ooh, this is easy

His class is also based entirely on luck. You could've been backstabbed by a lucky IW or CnD using spy as well. By the time his DR refills it would've been almost the same as waiting for a respawn timer anyway. Especially given that the average DR user is about as smart as a sack of bricks.

>By the time his DR refills it would've been almost the same as waiting for a respawn timer anyway.
ammo is all over the place, dude, and even then that is still a significant chunk of time removed.

I was just letting out a small sigh about W+M1 Pyros and their enthusiasm about dealing with DR Spy.

LL is fine the way it is.

No way, Fag
imgur.com/a/fHF4f

>Liberty Launcher + Gunboats
It's just like using the Rocket Jumper!
>less damage means I cant kill anyone
It's just like using the Rocket Jumper!

strawpoll.me/12713499