/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed) (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed) (embed)

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHQrcyerVQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>there are fanatic purifers in this general RIGHT NOW

What's the most interesting roleplay/player made empire you could think of?

reminder that the only way to secure your species' existence is to prevent their enemys, or potential enemies from every having even a slim chance at beating them down. genocide, whether you like it or not, is sanest move to do.

New endless legend dlc when? I love the artstyle and want to see more interesting factions

>(embed) (embed) (embed)

>there AREN'T fanatic purifiers in this general right now

I'M SO SORRY GASBROS,

How do you manage to get all the ressources in the OP? When I try, Veeky Forums blocks me on the account that the post is too large.

Re asking, is the Fallen and Awoken Empire damage perk worth getting?

nth for steam workshop not working

Terrible

>be jap in usa
>government passes laws restricting interracial marriage and immigration, clearly they don't want you here
>government later puts you in camp
>70 years later still bitch about it because apparently you decided to push your luck now that no one is actively trying to remove you
>apparently fucking off seemed like too much of a hassle

Smart.

>like Age of Wonders The first one was the best
Good taste

You mean
>There is someone who ISN'T a fanatical purifier ITT

>fanatical purifier
>not needing an uplift

I'm so fucking tired of seeing theses guys
I just put them in the dumpster every time

>he isn't purifying the galaxy RIGHT NOW

Can you lower the ai number to zero and play as a precursor race in stellaris? Waiting or uplifting natives as you go?

Man, OP post reminds me of how well EL handled the whole hivemind trope. Wish the ones in Stellaris were half as interesting as Necrophages.

>You mean
I mean what I said. Your inferior xenos translator is malfunctioning. Worry not, you will be purged.

Nobody was morally sound in the period for sure. My only commentary is that the "alliance" was one of convenience only. And there was no stopping Stalin's boys even if we tried.
(Not murican btw).

To have fun, about 4:1.5:1:0.2 or something.

I have Veeky Forums X, which might be how it is displayed, but I think it is by default anyway. In the reply window it'll warn you if you're over characters(2000) limit when you get past 1000 it'll count it for you.

Did you try adding edition nonsense? Because the size of the op was like 1966/2000 or something. So you literally might have edited it to 2023 or something and it'd be too large.

I've seen screenshots, might be modded though. Certainly possible.

To be meta: 4:1:1:0

Did anyone ever make any EU4 MEIOU/Veritas-esque mods for Stellaris?

>Did you try adding edition nonsense?
No, but copying and pasting all the OP may add spaces.

question about stellaris

does tag-switching to the AI fuck it up or does it work like in other paradox games where the AI can handle it just fine?

I decided to just tag switch to everyone else and give them about 10 to 20 years worth of research and a full store of minerals/energy and see if that helps things along but I'm not sure if the AI can handle that sort of thing

WHOOPS

meant to reply to
Poor leader. Freezing to death in a blasted hellhole, contemplating his solitary existence amongst a race engineered to end all other races, a race his efforts almost singlehandedly saved from the death of a planet to spite a universe that would dare to make such a weapon.

>negroids in MY game

>not downloading a mod to fix that

Time to see how tall is too tall. Going to limit myself to only the starting number of core systems, no sectors, and bee-line for megastructures and terraforming. Might also try testing some of the EoC work-arounds discussed a few threads back.

Anyone else a little butthurt that there isn't a 'humanoid' city and/or ship style?

Also another thing; if somebody was to make a mod that added in new portraits, cities, or even ship models, would it be possible for the AI to use them at all or would they just use their normal classes? (Ie; mammal races using mammal ships and mammal cities?) I'm guess that's how it works unless it's a custom race that uses whatever you assign when you make it and spawn it into the game.

There is something magical about EL's writing. You can really feel the resignation as the leader realises the scientist is regressing to base Necrophage instincts and becoming a mindless killing machine like everyone else.

Not the easiest naming convention to work with honestly.

try to jump a science ship to every singularity in the game to try and trigger the horizon signal event
what it does to your capitol system is fantastic for a "tall" playthrough

>2500
>only 500 research on average

how?

>le tricky worm prank

Did they patch the thing where you can reroll leaders every election? I used to use that to roll for geniuses, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Why would you need research in the year 2567?

there's always some repeatable tech

But it doesn't matter.

Being technologically superior didn't save my neighbors from becoming slaves to their Psionic masters.

I sure love slavery, get 2-3 planets like that and youre set.

>mfw you are absorbed by urethra penetration dick sucking birdplants

Just found up the guy that wrote thermal expansion for minecraft has done a bunch of mods for stellaris. Time to rev up that autism

>music doesn't change in war times
What were they thinking?

youtube.com/watch?v=aHQrcyerVQQ
Post space battle music.

thinking about creating a slaving empire too, show me your empire please.

What do you want to see fampai?

>this spawn
oh baby

3 might be too few depending on random shit.
I've had success as a tall nation with 6-8.

Should be possible. Try and find a mod that advertises randomly generated [mod race] nations. If they exist. If they do then just reverse-engineer that.

It's balance or lack thereof is really thematic as well.

>cultists with minor faction armies
>necrophages with colossal hives and an army with 50 units in it
>broken lords struggling earlygame to do everything that costs dust with what little they have, going to making quadruple the winning condition worth of dust in a turn

?

playing a hivemind empire, just finished the bio-ascension and expanding hard assimilating everything in my path

and somehow most of the galaxy doesn't particularly have a problem with what I'm doing.
You'd think at least some folks would object to forcefully annihilating billions of consciousnesses just so I can use them as flesh puppets but everyone is a-ok as long as I aint eating them.

>all these people posting races without a biography
Write something there. Aything will do.

Starting core sectors is 5 with pacifist

>not using the LoversLab space elves

As authoritarian(or anyone really), the anti-migratory racial trait is also a free trait point like repugnant, if you want a bit better racial stuff.

your goverment type

Ah right.

>cant pick Communal trait as a hive mind
>even though it's literally perfect for it

Why

you say elves but the various traits and civics make me think of dwarves.

eh there are combos that allow you to get the resettlement cost down to such low numbers you can basically spam it

it helps a lot midgame letting you just yoink a pop from each of your mature planets and shove them into your new colony/annexation and then letting all those pops grow at the same time

>everyone says Authoritarian is bad
If you don't have Authoritarian then;
>Can't deport anyone
>Can't purge
>Can't get slavery and their nice production bonuses
>Harder to stop unrest
>Can't do half the fun shit of the new racial system like having entire races for ayysex slaves or culling them to make alien steaks out of

Refers to friendly co-habitation resulting in happiness for some reason. Rather than faceless drones working as one.

I cant decide what tradition to start with, normally I'd go either expansion or discovery, but with a tall civ the former will be less valuable, and the wormhole travel makes the latter harder to abuse.

because it literally does nothing
also, communal is about various separate entities being a close-knit community (hence the word), in a hivemind however there is only 1 entity: the hivemind and even autonomous drones are more akin to controlled split personalities rather than individuals.

So Consumer Goods? I was excited about the new update for these.

Can I trade them to other races?
Can I improve them in some way, or build economies around them?
Can I design the newest ayyPhone?

Frankly it's stupid that all ships look the same within a race regardless of tech, and that every race has different ship designs.

In reality, all races of similar tech levels would have nearly identical ships, due to principles of engineering being universal and not subjective.

Im actually Xenophobe psionic butterflies, i have 2 planets full of slaves that work only in mines.
I had to figure out the hard way that the sector AI will rebuild your slave planet and will dump unity and science buildings for some fucktarded reason.
So if you make a slave-planet make sure that you directly control it at all times.

You're cute, but your cousin, the snail with straw in mouth, is cuter.

Can purge much better as just xenophobe. Same with slavery.
Xenophobe has the two main authoritarian schitcks and actual bonuses at the same time.
unrest isn't much of an issue where everyone is either your happy race or a slave or dead.
You can also go can and should go spiritualist.

> I was excited
poor bastard

consumer goods is a minerals tax for every pop you have and nothing more.
There is a species policy you can set to increase or decrease the mineral tax in return for happiness and unhappiness.
That is it.

nope its just a flat minerals cost per pop, this isn't anno

Does the beta patch correct the Survey Corps deal?
Currently every survey gives you 33% of your monthly research output as bonus, that's p bad. I mean it's good, but it essentially doubles your research output if you survey 3 planets a month, and I doubt the AI can profit off this.

I purged and enslaved just fine without. Also The Greater Good gives -20 unrest.

anyone know this?

I think it's just a measure of minerals your pops consume.
Depends on inherent traits and policy setup, both of which can be adjusted to lesser or greater extent.

Does the reznar rips not give achievements or are achievements just bugged still

It says i'm eligible but i'm not getting them. It's fine if they don't at least I can play it but I was just wondering if it was bugged or just some pirate/cheat protection

thank you trying that out now, should i focus on do early wars to get as soon as possible slavesor should i just search primitves or wait until i get stronger?

>that's p bad. I mean it's good
You are complaining about how strong it is, right?
I do somewhat agree.
Can't use it in every situation though.
AI does actively survey but not that much.

Just noticed the stelaris update hit. Do I need to buy the utopia expansion for 20$, or is this another one of those 'paste files into dlc folder' things?

AI is far to willing to share maps with everyone when they have that policy so they can't even near abuse it to the degree you do

Kind of makes me want to play as Space Dwemer
>mechanist
>has tons of robots but somehow still tries to go for psychic ascention
>removes itself from reality as they do so
>robots and megastructures just left behind, except for one fat fuck

Might want to save and reload to set everything to go again but MP handles hotjoin and players falling to AI when they leave the game so I'd certainly imagine it is fine.

No different to pirating other paradox DLC.

>>removes itself from reality as they do so
Thanks to the End of Cycles, you can actually do that.

Try to enslave some primitives, thats really best case scenario.
But wait till you have enough energy income.

Oh right I forgot how much they jerked off to star charts.

they look like shit

Do people really give their races "serious" sci fi names? I usually just call them shit like "space spocks" and "space birds".

I WANT TO START INSIDE A NEBULA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I made a save before I tried it, I aint stupid but I guess I'll try a few years and see if the AI is acting properly
I was just asking because apparently the observe command breaks the AI

also tag-switching to the AI is just depressing when you see all those regular power plants build over the beltharian ore and even 2 empires that didn't have researches assigned to each research

Imagine stellaris is a 1000 piece puzzle. Paradox gives you 600 pieces of the stellaris but that clearly means there's 400 missing and you just have to look at it disappointed and imagine what the rest looks like.

Utopia is like if Paradox dumped 200 more pieces on you and went "this is now a 2000 piece puzzle". You got more content, but none of the previous missing pieces were added and now there's other missing pieces you have to hopefully wait and get when they drop another piece dlc for 20$.

In short: it's more of the game but it doesnt fix any problems

Most people do. I have a half-dozen self-created empires. Sorry you can't get emotionally invested in a video game. That's a sign of autism.

>in every situation
Any map bigger than what... 400 stars should do the trick.
What I meant is that I doubt the AI uses its extra research points and invests fast into extra mineral/energy techs, which then you can use to build more labs/research bases, and have it snowball until you're researching late game techs not 50 years in.
And then, yeah, they keep proposing me to trade star charts, don't doubt they do that among each others too.

My emblem isn't showing up on the galaxy map, it just has my empire name. I've tried it with both vanilla and modded emblems and it isn't working, please help.

Can I enter into a covenant with The End of Cycles if I'm already in one with the Eater of Worlds?

You only said that to preempt me calling you autistic, didn't you?

I didn't mean to imply you were that level of idiot. I mean to say do your tagswitching, save the game and reload that save. In older paradox titles it was sometimes necessary to jumpstart the AI and other shit by doing a quick save/reload.

Unfortunately no. Chaos undivided isn't allowed.

This was more in response to "is it worth buying or pirating" but now I realize you just meant how easy is it to pirate, my bad

ah thanks, I'll do that

on a similar note, it does feel sort of silly having to jump through all these hoops to ensure I haven't won the game by 2280

Shame.
There's no way to leave a covenant is there?
The Eater of Worlds is pretty nice but End of Cycles sounds fun.

So yeah, on that again, 33% is way too much. Maybe it should just be a flat one point per 50 full research output you have, or something.

Fucking Stellaris stole another evening from me.
Fuck it I'm quitting this game. It's destroying me.

I think that's a piece of grass in his mouth.

I got Tzeentch my first game. +15% research and all that ever happened was a few leader becoming alcoholics.