/wgg/ - War Games General

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical war games that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Old thread
lost to the ages

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam DLC:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Steamgroups:
We should really make a new steamgroup, the old ones were bloated and far too WG focused.

>Teamspeak server
ts3.nogf.moe

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/
>Mius Front Link:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C_KBrk6cmCcTBmN0lqNG9ocVE/view

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/wggbackfromthedead
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it worth $51?

first for anime
SD44 is garbo

This is the thread to keep mods, if you delete it I swear...

You can always refund. Some anons were saying that you can refund anytime before full release regardless of hours played, has anyone tried that yet?

Fucking retards
Who ever made that last op leave and never come back you dipshit.

What is an "op" ?

>new steamgroup

steamcommunity.com/groups/wggbackfromthedead

Are there any modernish set games with a total war style campaign map that also lets you fight battles rts style?

Kek there are like 5 wargames threads on Veeky Forums someone screencap this.
Like /kspg/ tier

And that concludes the first third of the FCRS Scenario "NL_WGS Krise Punkt". Ivan has hit us hard, but his fists are bleeding a lot!

Overall I'm considering the stream a failure. Although the interaction was working and the game was playable, the stream itself was plagued by major technical issues from video quality to sound lagging. Slow paced nature of the game itself also noticeably bored most people who ended up leaving halfway through.
Although it was fun, I don't think I will be doing something like this again as it's not really my passion to stream vidya. I will likely cover the rest of the scenario in an AAR posted here and on the Matrix forums.

Ok are we done? gonna stick with this one?

ye

Yes.
Id like to nominate the two anons who made shitty OP for retards of the year.
Neck yourself you dumb faggots.

>ressurect /wgg/ by shoving 5 other generals to the archive
kek

hexgames and anime
imo we should just ban SD entirely from the general because its an arcade game not a wargame

(You)#
From today's stream. Bad-ass Panzergrenadiers claimed 27 T-80s between the two of them in support of a Leopard 2A4 company. Killzone has ~82 dead T-80BV tanks.

#
Don't make us look bad.

>(You#)
>##
Fuck it, I'll keep it. I'm sleepy and slightly inebriated anyway.

ded

wow this general sucks im going back to the supremely sucessful /simg/

Who here Command Ops 2?

you cannot see this bmp

>kills points is fucking trash
>it's the only thing anyone joins

It's slower-paced gameplay that favors camping and building a fuckhuge army before rolling the enemy over at the first sign of weakness. No shit newbie players (The vast majority at this point) prefer it.

Frontline sucks shit. The entire battle is decided in Phase A.

At least with the combat mode you can actually make a comeback in Phase C

It just ends with everyone sitting around using arty. You can't even push up really because most of the players refuse to even push up to mid because they might have to actually fight.

>Combat mode in MoW
>both sides set up huge defensive line then spend an hour shelling eachother
>Assault Zones
>whoever gets the middle first wins 90% of the time

Why is the T-80BV so sexy?

waahhhhh this generals already dead

then make some content and post it
generals only die because the people in it don't want to bother contributing anything, so there's no point in having a general at all if people won't discuss it

>disgusting soviet shit

This general is dead

here is some american equipment

stryker is so embarassing compared to btr

Not really

Armour is far superior and even though it only mounts a .50, the fact that it has modern optics (including thermal vision) makes it superior by default

this general is dead because you retards reverted it to wgg

we were doing fine as sdg

roooo

>frontline units pushing hard around a flank
>middle has some scouts, an AA gun, and a command truck because there are no enemies there
>enemy line starts pushing
>still no enemies
>send units to hold it
>lose momentum in the assault because i'm trying to figure out why the line is moving and spending points on it
>still no enemies in the middle
>tanks and infantry literally sitting in red with nothing to shoot at
>recon plane can't find anything
>lose even though i was almost to their spawns because the arbitrary line moved for no reason
I miss zones

I thought the 'frontline' feature was actually going to be neat, so did eugene manage to fuck it up or what?

no, only bad thing about it kill infiltration because they'll always see you coming

From what i've seen, yes. Will play more to make sure.

Does anyone know if you can refund up to release? If conquest is broken I don't plan on playing this.

it's probably my favorite new thing in the game, and it mostly seems fine to me. I definitely like it more than command zones with 1-2 obvious pieces of cover to put your CV in

biggest issue I have with it is it really requires you to spread out and hold a lot of ground, which is annoying to do when the economy is such a slow trickle and you only get like 2-4 units per card

>ARMA need not apply
c..c..can Sqaud apply?

>can Arma Lite apply

what do you think

The recon it gives is kinda dumb.

>yfw you see the line push heavily against you so you know to not go there

Maybe disable it for the first 2 minutes of the game and have paratroopers never contribute to it for sneaky shit maybe?

the line is based on your unit's LOS, it has nothing to do with presence. a single scrub reservist can push it deep if you have nothing there

Ah, I thought los was an element but I wasn't sure.

But still during the first rush the mechanic does make it apparant what's coming, if you have a moderate force going in and they send a huge one the line starts pushing before you even see their units.

All from my first MP game in SD.

Worth noting that the Wulfrahmen kills were absolutely blind; I was pushed out of a small village in the center of the map Sword and a few minutes later I simply fired more or less where I thought I would put my own troops if I were waiting for a counter attack

this is what shit-tier recon usage looks like

>4 recce kills
hey he was definitely trying to put recon out there

the wurfrahmen is definitely fucking ridiculous, it's only a matter of time until people realize it's the new buratino

I just can't believe I got that many kills with one barrage completely blind. I didn't see one confirmed kill, I just retreated and bombed the place with rockets. Is it that powerful or did I get extremely lucky?

I think it's really just that powerful. it has more HE and a wider radius than a 500kg bomb, plus an incendiary effect, and it fires 6 of these per barrage.

arty seems to be a lot less supply-hungry than it used to be, too. I haven't tested the supply cost of a full load of wurfrahmen yet, but I know a full set of calliope rockets is only like a third of an american supply truck.

>it fires 6 of those per barrage
are you... are you telling me I only fired half of it's ammo and I didn't notice

yep. you tell it to attack ground once, and it fires 6/12 rockets.

and by the way, the panzerwerfer is like a mini-wurfrahmen in phase B. the things are fucking good enough that it's probably worth running that as well.

I had to go back and watch the replay. I was contesting the town against two opposing players

i cri evr tiem

>tfw someone will eventually do a proper sound mod for SD

What game is this?

Syrian Warfare, a short 7-mission campaign that plays sort of like MoW

>try to find an updated mius front download in the archive
>get /wgg/ instead
I wasnt expecting this.

So I can't figure these things out. It's slower than the m8 and the daimler, in phase b when you get it the shortbarreled 75 can't pen shit, and it doesn't have HE. What gives? How do I use this?

Anyone getting infinite loading screens in SD?

Yeah I suspect that it's just a weird unit that's overpriced for what it does.

like maybe if it cost 50 points and had optics that could see tanks before they shot them to pieces

IRL it was meant to support squads with fire but in SD there really isnt a point to take it

yeah that's what I'm thinking, considering the phase of the game it comes out in make it cheaper to compensate for the fact that it's gonna get shot to shit.

What like a budget StuG or something?Idk maybe if it had an MG but I understand wanting to stay relatively accurate. Maybe give it the ability to hide in woods?

That would probably make it worth more but still, it'd get seen pretty easy with that low stealth.

It's just a funky unit, I'd be tempted to make them really cheap like 40-50 points so you can just throw out a bunch of em to shoot at soft skinned targets and scout.

If it had 200m or a MG then i would use it alot but still there is better things to use over it
>also pic is what was mounted because they didnt like towing it anymore

If I enjoyed Wargame but was bad at it, how will I find Steel Division?

hate it
literally no one on earth likes this game

>this firefly
It survived the whole game too.

Not him, but does the game have potential?

A bit easier desu, it's slower paced and you get less units to manage

doubtful, the mod tools are only gonna allow to tweak stats, textures, and the interface. it's not in their interest to offer a true content-creation sdk

That's another piece of equipment I haven't figured out how to use

no lol

>it doesn't have HE
but it has an HE value right there, the blue number. and it's actually pretty good HE; usually 75mms get like 4.

it's a recon scott on wheels with a little AP to deal with light vehicles, it's not bad at all.

it's pretty good, only thing wrong with it now is the lack of divisions.

STEEL DIVISION IS REDDDITTT ITSSS REDDDITTT REDDDITTT

The mechanics definitely do, but it's impossible to tell what the strategic layout of the game is gonna be when the rest of the divisions come out. for all we know we're currently playing with the 4 worst divisions in the game.

I want to lick her feet

wtf!

Will Cold Waters be any good you guys think?

is this loss

Trying to get luftlande to work, anything i should change here?